MEININGER Berlin Mitte Humboldthaus Reviews

Oranienburgerstr. 67/68, Berlin, Germany

The staff was super nice and very helpful. The hostel's lobby is nicely decorated, while the rooms are quite plain. I was on a female room for 6, the beds were comfy and there were some small lockers inside the room plus separate WC and shower room, which made it convenient. Breakfast is quite good; value for money! The location was ok, a bit noisy by night.You can walk to the Brandenbourg Gate in 20min and there is a nice restaurant area about 7min walking. Would recommend it for a stop and go!

Dear guest Thank you for your kind complements about our hotel and our staff. I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. See you next time. Best regards from Berlin Cheers! Your Meininger-Team

First time I have ever stayed in a hostel and was very impressed! This was perfect for a boys week-end away, great location, modern, clean, and very helpful staff, Will definitely be coming back!

• 6th Mar 2015

Dear guest Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Just check our facebook page for other Meininger Hostels around europe and for special offers and events. Cheers, Your Meininger-Team

Perfect base for any kind of traveller. If/when back in Berlin, I know where to stay!

Dear guest, We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Just check our homepage for other Meininger Hostels around europe and for special offers. See you soon! Cheers, Your Meininger-Team

I must say my stay at this hostel was a very good one. It was my first time staying at a hostel and it definitely set the standard for me. The room was clean and we also had our own bathroom, shower, toilet, etc. I felt very comfortable at this hostel, especially with the cleanliness and the atmosphere. It also felt really secure staying here and most importantly, it was so near a S-Bahn station and the hostel was conveniently located to absolutely everything! I highly recommend staying here.

• 9th Jan 2015

Great hotel/hostel. Very nice rooms, but feels more like a hotel. But a great place to stay.

Was good place to stay Guest kitchen was dirty and smelt like rotten food Staff were lovely Right next to train station and tram

Location was near lots of bars and restsurants. upon check out there was no need to pick up the sheets. They had good house keepin service. felt more like a hotel though sharin a hotel room w 3 more people was fine coz we had our own clean bathroom with provided soap and daily house keepin cleanin. Subway and tram was litrally 5 steps away! I enjoyed it :)

My friend and I had a great stay at the hostel, it was really well-situated. The staff was friendly. Only problem we found was that it was so big, it was quite hard to meet new people but its understandable especially around new year. The city was great fun lot's of places to visit, the S-bahn is literally at the foot of the hostel. Thanks Meininger !

• 29th Dec 2014

The staff was very friendly, gentle and helpful. The location was excellent, near to many museums and with public transportation just at the hostel door. The rooms and bathrooms were big and clean. The beds were also excellent. It was the best hostel we stayed.

• 23rd Dec 2014

Dear guest Thank you so much for your friendly review. It was our pleasure to have you here as our guest. Indeed our Hostel is in a perfect location. So many nice Restaurants, Cafes and sights around... We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon, Cheers Meininger

The facilities were really good and clean! I stayed in a female room and it was very neat. The hostel was right near the metro and tram station and it was only 2 stations far from the main station. Staffs were kind and okay. The wi-fi was not so good but still I liked the place.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Dear guest Thank you for taking time to write a review. Your honest feedback gives us the possibility to identify things which we have to improve. We are still working on our wifi connection. Hopefully it will be better next time :) We are looking forward to welcoming you again. Cheers, Meininger

The hostel is clean, very well located and staff is helpful. But no fun at all. Not very good for people travelling alone to meet other people.

Dear Gabriel Thank you for your review. We are really sorry that you didn't meet lots of other people. Anyway we are looking forward to welcoming you again! Cheers

More like a cheap hotel (which it actually is) than a hostel. No atmosphere so wouldn't encourage if you are a solo traveler or wish to meet people. Staff are helpful but only friendly enough to remain professional. Clean and tidy but we had a broken main light in a room and despite constant reminders from various guests they failed to do anything about it for over four days.

Very good. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was amazing value for money! Will definitely be using Meininger again when I go to Austria next year! The free Wifi is good. Breakfast was good value for money. Overall, an excellent experience.

• 8th Dec 2014

The dorm was the smallest dorm ever!!I don't care about the two toilets in the room when there is not enough space to reach them without stepping on luggages! Just put the toilets outside like any normal hostel and leave more space for the beds!The rest is quite good,smiling staff, normal kitchen (not well equipped though), good wifi, location near the city center but far from nightlife area. There are better options in Berlin. Average hostel

Thank you for your honest review. I understand that your room is not that spacious and you are absolutely right with that. The rooms really are not that spacious here. MEININGER offers accommodation at very central, exposed locations and all this for a generally low price. For these locations one has to lower one's sights in order not to force up rates. And you have seen that we place value on high standards:Wi-Fi, flat screens etc. Nevertheless we hope to welcoming you again! Cheers

Kitchen and all facilities. Were great. Had an awesome stay. Only downside is no real common area or bar to meet other travelers. More of a hotel style setup but rooms are very nice and clean.

Nice and good place I recommend for all

• 16th Nov 2014

Very nice stay, it would be nice to provide the information for the hosts, if they snore, they should stay in split room :D Thank you!

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

Perfect place next to the metro, clean, you have kitchen, the staff help you in any time. It would be great if you have computer for free.

This was an excellent hostel particularly for the many services provided considering the average/relatively low cost. The location was perfect for site seeing as all the main attractions of the city centre were within walking distance or a short U-bahn or S-bahn ride. The staff was helpful and I was impressed with the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms.

Liebe Alexia, das freut uns sehr, dass es Dir in unserem Haus so gut gefallen hat! Über zufriedene Gäste freuen wir uns immer, da es unser erstes Anliegen ist, mit unserem Haus und Service den Erwartungen zu entsprechen! Wir freuen uns auf das nächste Mal mit Dir und wünschen Dir bis dahin alles Gute. Dein MEININGER Team

Staff was very friendly and did their utmost to help. Rooms and facilities were clean. However rooms were cramped and left litte space to maneuver. Overall good though.

Lieber Gast, Vielen Dank für Ihre positive Bewertung. Wir hoffen, Sie auch in Zukunft wieder als Gast bei uns begrüßen zu dürfen. Wir haben Hostels in ganz Europa. London, Amsterdam und Wien! Weitere Informationen erhalten Sie auf unserer Homepage. Bis bald & Freundliche Grüße Judith (Rezeption)