MEININGER Berlin Mitte Humboldthaus Reviews

Oranienburgerstr. 67/68, Berlin, Germany

The hostel was a bit like a hotel - very brand new though so now dinginess here. Still had tours organised and social areas, plus was relatively in the centre of the tourist centre so very handy :)

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about us. We hope to see you soon again here in Berlin! Greetings from your Meininger-Team :-)

Great location! Night attendants were not very attentive.

From the get go, the hotel were in touch, emailing travel directions to us which were easy to follow. The location is perfect, right outside an underground, and about a 5 minute walk to museum island and excellent surrounding bars. You can be almost anywhere in 15 minutes really. The room was small, but comfortable. It was nice and cosy too given the temperature was minus 10 outside. The staff, in particular Sophia, were really kind and helpful all the time. Would go again definitely!

Dear Guest, What a magnificent review! Thank you so much for all your fabulous words of praise regarding our wonderful staff and for taking the time describing and sharing the experience of your recent stay at our property. I will forward your very kind compliments to our staff members and especially to Sophia. Comments like yours are without any doubt our best reward! We are looking forward to welcome you back.

I liked very much

• 3rd Jan 2016

Dear Guest, Thanks so much for your short but efficient comment :-) We would be glad to welcome you back here in our hotel in Berlin! Greetings from your Meininger-Team :-)

I was quite exited to stay in this hostel, however I felt the photos were slightly miss leading. The staff were friendly, but not too efficient and the coffee was terrible! Don't wait your money. The rooms were very average and the walls were paper thin. I did feel safe however and the hostel facilities are easy to use. Loved that they had a kitchen and the location was great. I stayed over new years, so it was very expensive. If it was cheaper accommodation, it would be perfect.

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about us. We're sorry to read that you didn't enjoy your stay at our hotel. The photos on the websites though are all real. The exact size of the rooms is also listed on the booking websites. About the coffee, you're right, if you've had coffee in our breakfast room, that's filtered coffee and that is for sure not everyone's cup of tea - on the other hand we offer great italian coffee downstairs at the reception :-) We hope to see you sometime soon again in Berlin! Best regards from your Meininger-Team :-)

Our stay in Berlin was fortified by the warm nights spent in this hostel. The weather while we were there dropped to minus 11 degrees but the warm hospitality and efficiency of the staff left us extremely happy. On our first night, the shower could not drain and our toilet flooded a little. The staff promptly addressed the issue by mopping up the mess, promising to fix it the very next day and gave us access to toilets in other unused rooms to shower in. The rooms are spacious with good Wifi.

Dear Guest, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful review, and for indeed choosing to stay with us. Thank you for your praise regarding our staff, which I will be sure to pass on to them. We're so sorry about the flooding problems and the inconveniences caused. Thank you so much for your understanding! We really hope to see you soon again here in Berlin! Greetings from your Meininger-Hotel :-)

We stayed for New Years so it was obviously more expensive, but there did not seem to be many areas for guests to socialise with each other, if there was we were not shown them when we checked in.

• 31st Dec 2015

Great location. Subway at the door. Really clean and modern. problem: we made the reservation througt hostel bookers so we only had to pay the 10% but then we recivied an email fron the hostel that we had to pay the TOTAL in advanced. It was ridiculus.

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Argentina

The hostel is clean, with a tram stop and S-bahn right in the front. The staff is very friendly, and helpful. The beds have their individual charging points and a light. It would be good from the hostel part, if they could check the bathroom for any water clogging. The bath area had some water clogging.

All very clean, really nice kitchen for guests and close from all main tourist attractions. Very comfortable beds.It feels more like an hotel tough.

It was very nice. The staff were really educated and they help a lot. For me, I think you must include breakfast gratuit in the mornings

If you're torn between staying in a cheap hotel or here, pick this hostel. It feels like a hotel, secure, clean and wonderful staff. The bathrooms are clean, and have excellent ventilation (since typically that is an issue in both hotels and hostels). I would recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Berlin!

• 14th Dec 2015

Very pleased with this hostel -- it's more like a hotel. Every room has an ensuite toilet and shower, table area, and even an upstairs loft with more beds. There's housekeeping and extra towels at no charge. Everything was clean and met our expectations. The location is in a pretty upscale hip neighborhood with lots of cafes and cool shops around. We could also store our luggage for free. It's also a quiet place to sleep.

It was a lovely hostel, I liked that each person had a charge point and a light, it felt clean and well maintained. My only negative comments would be that for a solo traveller it wasn't easy to meet new people. There were many families and couples staying.

Location was close to sightseeing stuff and a metro ride away from nightlife. Some desk staff seemed like they didn't care about anything. There is absolutely no socializing so as a solo traveller it was super hard to meet people. My room of 6 beds was half full and when I extended my stay a night they made me move to a different room that was also only half full. Wifi worked well. Probably stay somewhere else next time.

Great hostel, stayed in one in Vienna so I knew their standards, helpful friendly staff, great facilities, dorms comfy and clean, location great for easy access to all main sights

Hey there, thank you very much for your awesome review! We hope to welcome you soon in one of our MEININGER Hotels. Cheers! :)

I really love this hostel in terms of location and value. Also facilities are complete. The kitchen is very useful and all you need is right there. The hostel itself is clean including the washroom. I love the location its very close to everything and was so happy that I can get off the tram and hostel is right there along the street. Love this place better than the Menienger Alexanderplatz. Staff are awesome they are very helpfull, kind and friendly eventhough I asked them multiple questions.

Dear guest, thank you for your wonderful review and your great rating! We hope to see you soon in one of our MEININGER Hotels. :)

Great place to stay!

Hello! Thank you very much for your great rating - we are really happy about that! See you soon - cheers! :)

Great hostel, very clean. Good location which also felt safe.

• 1st Oct 2015

Dear guest, thank you very much for your awesome and short review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay in Berlin. See you soon! :)

i have a nice stay, except the breakfast food not really my taste. well, i can't blame it since i'm not suitable for german food at the time

• 28th Sep 2015
  • Indonesia

Hello, thank you very much for rating us on hostelworld and your very nice comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We hope to welcome you soon in our hotel. Best wishes from Berlin :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3