MEININGER Berlin Mitte Humboldthaus

8.8
Fabulous 1313 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 18-24
19th May 2017

I stayed here for a recent 4-day trip to Berlin. My reservation was last-minute, and I enjoyed affordability and responsiveness of the hostel staff. The location is conveniently located near public transit options (virtually just outside an M and S stop, and only a few blocks away from the U). There are free guided tours from the lobby most mornings, and there is a cute courtyard. The showers were nice, but I was a little disgusted by black hairs being strewn across the beds when I arrived.

• jordynty1500
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
19th May 2017
6.6

Night staff were terrible and didn't know what they were doing. The room was Unbearably hot for our 3 nights and the A/C in room didnt work and needed to be serviced. When brought to the attention of staff I was told that my room didn't have A/C?! I asked someone to come look at the flashing codes, he "looked" and tried everything I said I already did, said I don't know, handed back the remote and walked out. No offer to let his superiors know. Also the shower sprayed water all over the floor.

• galeaandrew8622
  • Malta, Male, 25-30
18th May 2017
5.7

Some of my Personal Stuff got "missing" from the room.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
13th May 2017

Great place! I actually liked that it felt kind of like a hotel. Very clean, excellent location. Each bed had its own outlet. My room had a full length mirror in the hall, one room for the toilet and sink and another room for the shower and another sink, so it was really handy. Would stay here again

10th May 2017

Overall great hostel! Staff was friendly and willing to answer any and all questions and the location was great! Rooms have security lockers which are perfect for solo travelers bunking up with strangers. The bathrooms were really nice, beds were comfortable, and rooms were quiet.

6th May 2017

This hostel is more like a hotel, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Very clean, free towels, updated. If you are looking to meet other hostel goers there isn't much of a common room. Reception was very helpful and even showed me how to use the washer (I don't speak any German). You cannot bring outside alcohol there- besides that it's an overall great place.

• England, Female, 25-30
6th May 2017

Really good location for getting about as it is right next to an S bahn station. Nice clean rooms :) really enjoyed the stay was perfect for what we wanted!

6th May 2017

We had a rough check in. There was only one bed clean when we reserved two. We tried to explain in English then in German. All they did was give us extra bedding so we took a chance and cleared an extra bed hoping it wasn't someone's. Then when we came back after eating our key cards wouldn't work. The staff that night was either oblivious or rude. After that though we enjoyed being so close to public transportation and we were able to store our backpacks up until our train ride.

• India, Female, 25-30
8.0

Everything was nice, the room was clean and the location is excellent. I only find the breakfast not part of the booking, quite expensive for what is provided.

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
4th May 2017

Selected four bed mixed dorm and compared to most hostels, it's very nice that you have an ensuite with this option. Worst part is that the lockers did not work with many locks. Luckily my combination lock , which is thicker, worked. Staff were friendly and helpful with suggestions. Having a breakfast option was convenient. Wouldn't do it every morning, but the price is good for what you get at breakfast, in comparison to other European breakfasts from an American viewpoint.