MEININGER Cologne City Center Reviews

Engelbertstrasse 33-35, Cologne, Germany

2010 Total Reviews

Staffs are nice.

Very loud elevator, not very good to meet people. But the location was excellent, right by the Zülpicher Straße where many bars, pubs and clubs are located. Would recommend.

• 20th Dec 2014

Close enough to everything that it's easy to walk wherever you want to go in the city in less than half an hour. Very warm inside in December. I'd stay here again if I were in Cologne.

This was such an amazing hotel. :)

• 9th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Excellent hostel. Staff that do extra for you- eg offering to order taxi without asking. Excellent location, great breakfast, good faculties, very comfortable and clean.

Dear thank you very much for this nice review and the good comment about our staff, we will forward this with pleasure. See you again here in Cologne or any other Meininger. Your MEININGER Team

As the hostel is a shared hostel/hotel, the true 'hostel feeling' isn't to be expected here. The rooms were average, but the washroom in my room was less than impressive (low ceilings, musty). The lockers were quite small and couldn't fit my larger carry on sized suitcase. The hostel is situated nicely though, a 10 min walk from the main areas, with a central street right around the corner.

thanks for gettiing back to us. we´re always in ongoing process to improve.

A good and new hostal Very comfortable I only had a complain about some person of the staff that was not really aware of his duties at the buffet. But really recomendable for everyone.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Thank you very much. Good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We´re always thankfull for help to improve.

I had lovely interactions with some of the front desk staff, but other than that, I wasn't inspired to stay again at Meininger properties. The ensuite bathroom was clean, but the rooms themselves were small and not the cleanest. The breakfast was good, but was not included in the room, which was, for at least part of my stay, the most expensive accommodation of my two-month trip. Not at all a bad place to stay, but neither was it exciting or inspiring.

Good staff. Nice room. Fun time

Dear guest, thanks a lot for the nice short, crispy review and good rating. We hope to see you here again or in any of the other MEININGER Hotels in Europe Greetings your Meininger Team

Really cool hostel, definitely a hotel feel to it, dorms and bathrooms are amazing. Good location, 15 or so minute walk to the Dom through a good area with lots of cafes, shopping etc. Shout out to the legend on reception whose name I forget, made me feel at home immediately. The staff go out of their way to help you out, even lending me their mobile phone at one point. I happened to be in a dorm with some awesome people but otherwise probably would have struggled to meet others. Stay here.

A BIG thank you to you for this beautiful review! Hope you gonna come back or check out any other Meininger.

The hostel was really friendly and the atmosphere was awesome. The cleanliness and tidiness was just about alright, but it was excellent value for what you paid for. I would stay there again.

Thanks for your review. Looking forward to welcoming you again someday... maybe in another beautiful Meininger Hotel?!

Staff went out of the way to help sort out a room problem and were very helpful locating local attractions/bars etc. Facilities were great and it was very clean. I would definitely recommend and would return

Thank you so much. It´s good to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again soon.

Pretty good kitchen, fun atmosphere, close to lots of bars and such.

Thank you so much!!

Staff are really awesome !!! Fully equipment kitchen , clean hostel .... It's not my 1st time stay in Meininger ( in others cities ) , Definitely will stay here again....

Thank you so much for your lovely words . We´re looking forward to welcoming you someday.

I had to drop in this hostel for one night, it was OK. The staff was friendly and helpful, but everything seemed a bit tight and cramped. I stayed in a 4 Bed Mixed Dorm which had a bunkbed and two singles. Not much space to move around or open your bag, no lockers. The ensuite bathroom was convenient, but not very clean. We were awaken in the middle of the night by a staff member who discovered that two of our roommates had brought-in some boys they picked up (probably in a bar). Awkward!

This hostel is ok, nothing special. Easy to get to but a bit far from the main town. Half hour walk or about 10mins on the tram.

many thanks for your review. please ask the friendly Meininger Service if you need directions. Sometimes it doesn´t take that long to get somewhere if you know the best way. :-)

Cool and Helpful, 10 minute walk from shopping and nightlife district.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thank you very much for your nice comment.

There was an issue with my room, the staff was really nice and accommodated me! Only stayed one night but it seemed like a good hostel, also they have amazing showers!

The only problem I had with this establishment were the on site laundry facilities. It cost me 5 euros to have my clothes drenched and then steamed to the point of burning my hands when the came out of the dryer. They need to either replace or repair both washer and dryer. Do yourself a favor and get your laundry done at a local laundromat.

Thanks for your review. Please let us know if you need help during your stay, no matter what. Our 24 h service surely would have helped you.

The location of the hostel is good, though it's a bit difficult to find it the first time. But it's near many bars and places. Not so close to the Dom and Hauptbahnhof on foot. The staff was also good and nice. The only problem was at the room. We stayed in a dorm for eight people. My bed was so close to the ceiling, I had to crawl to get to my pillow. Who pays even 18€ to get a sleep like that? This Meininger was clearly not as good as the others.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Greece

Thanks for your comment. We are always thankfull for every feedback wich helps us to become better .

« first « Prev 1 2 3