8.1
Fabulous 2,577 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 2,577 Total Reviews
MEININGER Cologne City Center Located at Engelbertstrasse 33-35, , Cologne.
Germany
Cologne 50674 Engelbertstrasse 33-35
81% 2577
50.9333345 6.9382309
    Rooms available

• Australia, Male, 18-24
28th Jun 2016

Great staff, very accomodating and helpful. Had a private room and absolutely no complaints, everything was well looked after, and there were zero hassles. Nice location, still walkable from the city centre

27th Jun 2016
6.3

Terrible wifi connection. Always dropped and was never actually use able. Facilities were dusty and dirty. With all that said, the staff was great and extremely friendly.

• roee22
  • USA, Couple, 18-24
25th Jun 2016
6.9

The MENINGER overall feels like more of a Hotel than a Hostel...which is not necessarily a good thing. As a pair of backpackers, we felt that it lacked any type of comfortable atmosphere, was relatively out of the way for us (15 minute walk to center of town), and he staff was pretty rude. The facilities were amazing, but if you're looking for a true hostel experience I'd look somewhere else

18th Jun 2016
4.3

No atmosphere at all and the member of staff who was there for check in was both rude and incompetent. He had no idea what he was doing, put us in the wrong room with not enough keys and also tried to get us to pay him twice? The whole time I was checking in he was just being blatantly unpleasant. The rooms are nice, but this is not a good place for meeting people, and it's overpriced. Won't be returning.

• Wales, Female, 18-24
15th Jun 2016

So pleased with the absolutely amazing shower!! Dorms were clean and tidy with suitable lockers. Great value for money, wifi not great in dormitories, there was a lounge area downstairs with good wifi though.

• Finland, Female, 18-24
11th Jun 2016

Super friendly staff! An okay hostel, the rooms were clean. It wasn't too far from the centre and easy to find. The only thing that bothered me was the lack of sockets: I stayed in a 8-person dorm, and there was only one place to charge your phone. Wi-fi was not working well but I think it's my phone's fault. Would recommend!

• evmiller1
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
11th Jun 2016

Quite enjoyed my stay at Meininger hostel. The rooms were quite nice with enough space and lockers and the location was great with some nice bars and cheap restaurants nearby. The only issue I had was that the wifi was not accessible in the room. Otherwise all was great

8th Jun 2016
6.3

I can't review this hostel because I didn't get to stay there. Me and two friends wanted to stay there and since I was going to leave a day earlier than my friends, we made seperate bookings. But when we arrived I got told that I had to stay at a different hostel because something went wrong with their booking system. It was really annoying because me and my friends couldn't stay at the same hostel like we planned to. Nobody informed me befourhand. I didn't get any compensation for it. Sad :

• Canada, Female, 18-24
25th May 2016
6.6

No wifi in room, bunkbed was loud, 2 lockers were broken in the room so I had nowhere to store passport. Good location but Köln is small so everything is walking distance anyway. Place to store luggage, big guest kitchen.. Not much of a common area, set up awkwardly. Huge plus was my room of 8 ppl was divided by a door into 2 rooms for 4. Hard to find, sort of hidden behind a park on a side road. Expected more for a chain like Meininger tbh. Good for what was paid tho (**avoid wknds!!)

• Singapore, All Male Group, 25-30
23rd May 2016
8.0

Meininger hostel in cologne is a great hostel that is situated in a good location, close to good bars and restaurants and public transportation. Staff are friendly and helpful. I will definitely recommend this hostel to anyone planning to stay in cologne for a night or two!