MEININGER Cologne City Center Reviews

Engelbertstrasse 33-35, Cologne, Germany

2040 Total Reviews

Great place, good place, comfortable beds, good prices, and also you can rent a bike in the hostel. I absolutely recommend it.

Excellent! 4 Bed Female room was awesome, spacious (room and ensuite bathroom), cleaned everyday and with power outlets for everyone. Location's not great, far from U bahn or even tram\bus stop, and even those are not on the most convenient of lines. But that could just be Cologne's transport system, which I didn’t liked.

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Singapore

It was one of the worst nights in a hostels. It was dirty in our room and I didn't have a socket to charge my phone (!!!)

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Russia

The first two staffs the received us were not nice, looking like they didn't want to be there or to help us. Only the woman in the next morning was nice and indeed she was very nice. Besides that, the hostel isn't very close to the bus and train station, but it is localized near the center of the city, not the turistic part, but it was good. The bedroom was ok, but we could hear easily the neighbors bedrooms

Friendly staff, nice location but rooms were messy and dirty. My girlfriend and I have never seen a dirty bathroom. Shower was clogged and would flood within seconds. Staff were unable to fix the problem in the two nights we were there.

Dorm was not very clean. Smelly bathroom.

very good. but they failed to charge through POS.

2段ベッドの上になると天井が低すぎて起き上がれない。私が来た時はクレカの機械が壊れていた(電話で番号を言うことでカード自体は使えた)。

Really good location and friendly staff but dirty showers and bathrooms

Regular Menninger hostel, one of the staff was really rude

Cleaning staff threw out belongings I had left neatly under my pillow (pyjamas, towel, phone charger, toiletries) when others in a shared room checked out. I came back to find someone else sleeping in the bed I had been in with everything gone at 1am. Staff were very unhelpful and could only suggest I reported it to the police as theft. Eventually one staff member searched the bins to find some of my things to confirm they had been thrown out. The manager then ignored a follow up complaint email

No complains. Everything was functioning just as expected. Great stay there.

Not the best location as we arrived at night and had a bit of trouble finding it. Nice clean room (though a bit small) and the staff was nice. Wifi was good and available in the room.

Good comfortable hostel. Locatin is a bit off the tourist track but close to nice bars and U bahn. Staff is helpfull. Breakfast is the only drawback. Not much value for money.

Staffs are nice.

Very loud elevator, not very good to meet people. But the location was excellent, right by the Zülpicher Straße where many bars, pubs and clubs are located. Would recommend.

• 20th Dec 2014

Close enough to everything that it's easy to walk wherever you want to go in the city in less than half an hour. Very warm inside in December. I'd stay here again if I were in Cologne.

This was such an amazing hotel. :)

• 9th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Excellent hostel. Staff that do extra for you- eg offering to order taxi without asking. Excellent location, great breakfast, good faculties, very comfortable and clean.

Dear thank you very much for this nice review and the good comment about our staff, we will forward this with pleasure. See you again here in Cologne or any other Meininger. Your MEININGER Team

As the hostel is a shared hostel/hotel, the true 'hostel feeling' isn't to be expected here. The rooms were average, but the washroom in my room was less than impressive (low ceilings, musty). The lockers were quite small and couldn't fit my larger carry on sized suitcase. The hostel is situated nicely though, a 10 min walk from the main areas, with a central street right around the corner.

thanks for gettiing back to us. we´re always in ongoing process to improve.

« first « Prev 1 2 3