8.0
Fabulous 2,656 Total Reviews
8.0
Fabulous 2,656 Total Reviews
MEININGER Cologne City Center Located at Engelbertstrasse 33-35, , Cologne.
Germany
Cologne 50674 Engelbertstrasse 33-35
80% 2656
50.9333345 6.9382309
    Rooms available

• Denmark, Mixed Group, 18-24
11th Aug 2016

The hostel is situated pretty central. It was clean l, and the shower was very nice and spacious. The reception was so nice, and helpful, and very good at english

• logandd
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
8th Aug 2016

Great Stay! Roommates were fantastic, staff was fantastic and had no issues at all with the wifi so not sure what everyone's talking about! Cheers!

• England, Female, 18-24
4th Aug 2016

The staff were very friendly! I don't really have anything bad to say about this hostel other than it isn't the place to go if you are looking to socialise tonnes as it was very empty.

• South Korea, Male, 18-24
30th Jul 2016

Everything was so nice like free dryer and free iron. However the Wifi was never working. It was pretty bad when I had to use ton of data. But the staff is the nicest I have ever met.

29th Jul 2016

The room served its purpose and provided me a place to shower and to sleep. The main concern I had was with the lack of outlets; one working outlet for a wall with four beds. The location is great; it's close to a U-Bahn station, there's a ton of food options, and it's a nice walk to the chocolate museum, the dom, etc. I would recommend buying food at one of the several nearby grocery stores instead of paying for the "breakfast."

• New Zealand, Couple, 25-30
26th Jul 2016
5.7

Wifi really only worked in the common area, and had to continuously log in after a period of time. Unreliable. Atmosphere of hotel was non existent. Bar was never manned during our stay we ended up playing our own music to create some atmosphere as well as alot of guests sticking to themselves (not meininger fault :))

• Australia, All Female Group, 25-30
24th Jul 2016

The hostel was clean and tidy. We stayed on the first floor and were kept up all night due to the noise coming from the ground floor (we stayed in summer so we needed the window open). Little bit of a walk to the main station but overall it was secure, clean and had helpful staff.

19th Jul 2016

This hostel was nice and the staff were great. Rooms are kept very clean. My complaints are that the rooms had no AC and it was extremely hot and difficult to sleep. Also the wifi connection wasn't very good. My room was very small but you have to expect that kind of thing from a hostel dorm

• Australia, Male, 25-30
19th Jul 2016
6.0

This Hostel was surprising at how average it was. Security lockers unable to be locked, terrible wifi - completely offline my last night, broken or non existent wall sockets, bathroom leaked water from 'somewhere' and the room in general was really hot and stuffy. staff were ok, seems to cater for 18-22 year olds. Does location and price make up for it? Not for me. Kitchen and laundry are good, although I couldn't find a bowl. Definitely a youth hostel. Maybe the other room are better..

• USA, Male, 25-30
16th Jul 2016

The staff there were super friendly and very helpful in helping me find my way about the city. The facilities were also very clean and the breakfast was pretty good as well. The kitchen is however quite small and the lobby restrooms were not terribly clean. However, everywhere else was wonderful and they let me use their luggage room both before and after checking out so I didn't have to lug bags around with me as I explored the city.