MEININGER Cologne City Center Reviews

Engelbertstrasse 33-35, Cologne, Germany

Firstly, I have to see they have wonderful reception staff. They are all very nice and kind and always helpful. They do give out quiet good suggestions. Location also very good and easy to find. 15m walk to Cologne the church. The shortage is they don't have any personal locker for storage. And room is a bit small.

nice place , just sad that there are no lockers in the rooms , verry important !!!

• 9th Feb 2016
  • Belgium

Very friendly staff and l loved the comforter on my bed!

• 5th Feb 2016

Great vibe during Karneval, the laid back helpful staff allowed the part atmosphere to floor in a safe and comfortable way for all. Basic rooms but clean and adequate. Would stay again!

• 4th Feb 2016
  • Northern Ireland

The personal of the recepction is very nice and they attend all our doubts, the location is also good

Staff was kind and helpful.Almost in the center.It's a small,cosy hostel so it's quite difficult to get socialized with ppl.Breakfast wasn't included.

Really friendly helpful staff, comfortable bed, warm shower and it's pretty quiet so you can get a decent nights sleep.

The bathroom area of the rooms (at least where I stayed) can afford to be cleaner... Also, one of the bunks in the room was pretty much falling apart. Should check that out!

Beds were really bad, very squicky! It was awfull, bathroom was very bad smelled. I didnt have night lamp and a plug.

The Hostel looked very promising and we were willing to pay the bit extra having stayed in one of their other hostel in Berlin. We arrived & were told that we were actually being split up even though we had booked a 4 dorm room. The outcome of this was that 2 of us were upgraded to a 2 bed room and the other 2 in a room of 6. So we did not get what we paid for at all. Fair to say sleeping on the floor for 2 nights was not worth the £20 odd pound a night! The staff were quite rude from the start!

Overall, very pleasant stay at the Meininger Hotel. Originally, I was suppose to be in the dorms but was 'upgraded' to a single which was nice. Everything was very clean and staff was exceptionally friendly and cheerful. However, the place felt more like a budget hostel trying to reimagine itself as a hostel. Location wasn't very central and required a short tram/subway ride from Cologne HBF. Other than that, I would come back if I was ever back in Cologne.

Great hostel, a bit hard to find at first. Very clean and comfy!

Overal super clean and all of the staff were super helpful but it seemed more like a hotel than a hostel.

The hotel has an awesome atmosphere. It is cozy, clean and the staff is very kind. I just think the breakfast should be included in the price. Ps: The shower drain was a little clogged and the sink drain stopper was stuck down.

• 27th Dec 2015

It looks like this is not a proper hostel and they simply put additional bed into a hotel room. Plugs were not enough, very small room. When I took shower, the water can't flow and ended up flooding the bath room. Quite far from the tram station and the street was dark at night.

The sitting are was very small and the kitchen smelled v bad.

• 24th Dec 2015
  • Pakistan

The hostel was okay. The staff was friendly and the facilities were relatively clean and well-working. However, the location was not as central as we had expected and took a while to get to from the train station. It would have been nice if breakfast was provided in the morning.

Overall, everything was ok. The only thing that could be improved is perhaps the supervision of common areas, just to make sure the guests are doing their part in keeping them clean. Nevertheless, I can say I had a pleasant stay.

Lovely staff. Really welcoming and helpful,

Nice place, room had enough space but sparse powerpoints. Front desk staff were polite and friendly, pointed out Christmas markets and gave us tips on how to make the most of our short time here. Unfortunately, the bathroom smelt like urine and wasn't resolved by turning the fan on.

« first « Prev 1 2 3