MEININGER Cologne City Center Reviews

Engelbertstrasse 33-35, Cologne, Germany

The specific room I stayed, 4 bed room, it should be a maximum of 3 beds. The bed that I stayed was by far the worst the less comfortable of the room. If it would be only 3 beds, the quality of the room would be much higher. Thats the only thing I have to complain. Everything else was fine.

For me, this doesn't really look like a hostel. It's a nice place, but not for a traveller to hang out and meet other people. The staff was polite but no more. We didn't get any tips to visit the city, we weren't shown the place properly either. I didn't feel welcome. I didn't feel the atmosphere of a hostel. There was no one at the bar to serve customers, which made it hard to get a drink in order to chill out in the common room...

The wrong directions to the hostel were given so it took us three hours and unnecessary metro and taxi journeys to find it. I have emailed Meininger about this but have not yet received a reply.

• 1st Apr 2015

Really the only bad thing about the place was that some of lockers were broken.

• 29th Mar 2015

The hostel was really nice, and the staff were friendly too. I think the breakfast could be cheaper, but the other services of the hostel was OK. I felt really comfortable in this place.

the hostel is more like a hotel, everything was clean, well kept, the staff was friendly and helpful...

Another meininger hostel that i did not like! The location was far from the cathedral! The bathroom was smelling old pee! It has no other people to interact! Also the staff was kind of rude! At least the internet worked in the room (the only meininger that worked)! The bed was not made so i came late and had to do my bed! Did not have place to put travel bag!

Thanks to the helpful and smiling staff. The Rooms were little bit small but warm in atmosphere. I liked the location which is so close to everywhere.

Very freindly staff,nice people

The staff were too kind, even after a regrettable and shame filled incident after drinking wayyy too much. loved staying in this place.

An average hostel which i would't choose being a large group. Not much space for a larger group to hang in.

Outstanding! Close to Aldi, Netto, Rewe and not far away from other attractions/city center. Room had just 2 bedbunks and in suite large shower/toilet. Nice, helpful staff, elevator, kitchen, luggage room, and even free shoe polishing machine made my day! Definitelly would stay again!

The hostel is nicely located, easy to find and have al the elements to be a good hostel. There was only one thing ( they could not help it in a way, but I would like to mention it ): the recommitted place to park my car was close by, cheap and easy to find. however someone broke in to my car during the weekend. It did not effect my stay in the hoste at al, good hostel! I will come back someday.

• 20th Feb 2015

The Staff were very friendly and always extremely helpful

That was one of the best Hostels I have ever stay. Very nice staff, very clean rooms, good location - walking distance to the center of the city. You can leave your luggage in a room before or after your stay for free. Whenever I have chance or I do need to stay in Cologne I will choose again this hostel. Thank you !

Clean and towels provided, staff very helpful, and had a bar with foosball table in the common room, but pretty small room for 4 people. No lockable lockers in the room as is usual for hostels.I booked an extra night's stay and then cancelled it the next day (this was all 2 weeks before my arrival) but could not get a refund for that night which I was not happy about. But reasonably comfortable stay otherwise.

Stayed during Carnival in 8 bed dorm. Matresses comfortable and rooms clean. Location is the middle of everything but you may spend time walking to nightlife spots.

Excellent over all. Highly recommended

• 12th Feb 2015

The Bar was kind of expensive, if bar were cheaper/with happy hours, it will increase the "hostel" atmosphere

No complaints, I also liked how the kitchen was open 24 hours