MEININGER Cologne City Center Reviews

Engelbertstrasse 33-35, Cologne, Germany

2071 Total Reviews

The hostel is nicely located, easy to find and have al the elements to be a good hostel. There was only one thing ( they could not help it in a way, but I would like to mention it ): the recommitted place to park my car was close by, cheap and easy to find. however someone broke in to my car during the weekend. It did not effect my stay in the hoste at al, good hostel! I will come back someday.

• 20th Feb 2015

The Staff were very friendly and always extremely helpful

That was one of the best Hostels I have ever stay. Very nice staff, very clean rooms, good location - walking distance to the center of the city. You can leave your luggage in a room before or after your stay for free. Whenever I have chance or I do need to stay in Cologne I will choose again this hostel. Thank you !

Clean and towels provided, staff very helpful, and had a bar with foosball table in the common room, but pretty small room for 4 people. No lockable lockers in the room as is usual for hostels.I booked an extra night's stay and then cancelled it the next day (this was all 2 weeks before my arrival) but could not get a refund for that night which I was not happy about. But reasonably comfortable stay otherwise.

Stayed during Carnival in 8 bed dorm. Matresses comfortable and rooms clean. Location is the middle of everything but you may spend time walking to nightlife spots.

• 13th Feb 2015

Excellent over all. Highly recommended

• 12th Feb 2015

The Bar was kind of expensive, if bar were cheaper/with happy hours, it will increase the "hostel" atmosphere

No complaints, I also liked how the kitchen was open 24 hours

We had a great time there, the only problem was that there were no lockers in the room.

Great place, good place, comfortable beds, good prices, and also you can rent a bike in the hostel. I absolutely recommend it.

Excellent! 4 Bed Female room was awesome, spacious (room and ensuite bathroom), cleaned everyday and with power outlets for everyone. Location's not great, far from U bahn or even tram\bus stop, and even those are not on the most convenient of lines. But that could just be Cologne's transport system, which I didn’t liked.

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Singapore

It was one of the worst nights in a hostels. It was dirty in our room and I didn't have a socket to charge my phone (!!!)

The first two staffs the received us were not nice, looking like they didn't want to be there or to help us. Only the woman in the next morning was nice and indeed she was very nice. Besides that, the hostel isn't very close to the bus and train station, but it is localized near the center of the city, not the turistic part, but it was good. The bedroom was ok, but we could hear easily the neighbors bedrooms

Friendly staff, nice location but rooms were messy and dirty. My girlfriend and I have never seen a dirty bathroom. Shower was clogged and would flood within seconds. Staff were unable to fix the problem in the two nights we were there.

Dorm was not very clean. Smelly bathroom.

Right next to lots of bars and clubs

• 3rd Jan 2015

very good. but they failed to charge through POS.

2段ベッドの上になると天井が低すぎて起き上がれない。私が来た時はクレカの機械が壊れていた(電話で番号を言うことでカード自体は使えた)。

Really good location and friendly staff but dirty showers and bathrooms

Regular Menninger hostel, one of the staff was really rude

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4