MEININGER Cologne City Center Reviews

Engelbertstrasse 33-35, Cologne, Germany

- Really friendly staff - huge, clean, sharp-looking bathrooms - beer was a bit expensive for a hostel in my opinion

Friendly staff available 24 hours, complimentary iced tea in the foyer. Ideally located by 2 bahn stops for a good price.

• 23rd Jul 2015

The staff are so nice and the room is clean and not crowded at all. They have a washroom for each room so you don't have to share with many people! The location is closed to the train station and supermarket and restaurants! I've only spend one night here and I'd love to came back next time!

The cleaning lady was kind. Our room was neat but could definitely see all the dust everywhere. The lobby and the bar is nice downstairs. The location is great right near Z. Platz metro station. It is about 10 minute walk from the shopping center. Great. I recommend. Also, they keep the door locked at night and can only enter when the 24hour reception lets you in, so I felt really safe.

It was extremely hot in our room and the only window that opened was blocked by one of the bunk beds. You have to rent locks and even then only one of the four lockers in our room wasn't broken. The washrooms were clean and the beds were okay.

Had pretty much everything you needed, everything was reasonably priced as well, location was not amazing but it's only about a forty five minute walk to the cathedral if you are an avid walker.

the location is not that good, not easy to find.

A costly stay for what's more or less an average hostel. However, the staff are extremely helpful and are very kind. There is no air conditioning, so be prepared for hot sleeping conditions if the weather is warm. The washer and dryer were not functioning properly during my stay. With that being said, this is a clean and friendly place to stay.

Staff were very friendly, room was clean and spacious, there was even a table and chairs. Beds were comfy. Location was excellent, only around the corner from the lovely biergarten rathenauplatz and just down the road from zulpicher SRT which has loads of cool bats and restaurants. Also just a few tram stops from the cathedral.

This was a very well organised hostel close to everything in Cologne and spotlessly clean with plenty of space in the dorms. Both Geraldine and Simond, the two staff members that I met were very helpful and answered all my questions in a knowledgeable way. The hostel had a relaxed atmosphere and there was no difficulty leaving my baggage before and after check in/out. The only downside was the lack of a good room for meeting fellow travellers, which had to take place in the bar.

Pros. Friendly staff, nice guest kitchen (needs bowls though), clean bathrooms. Cons: rooms are cramped, allows a bunch of random children to stay there that will run around the halls screaming until midnight, lame bar, lame common room. Hardly any outlets in a room, the dryer doesn't work, breakfast not worth the price, key cards will hardly ever work, in a boring part of town. Köln was just a boring city as well, I wouldn't even bother going. Hamburg and Bremen are a lot more fun.

Hostel is well located for Rudolfplatz and trains to the Altstadt and Dom. Rooms are small but comfortable. Lockers are provided. The guest kitchen in the basement is adequate. I like Meininger and try to stay here when I visit Cologne but in the weekend it was very expensive so I had to stay elsewhere. During the week it is good value.

Our 4 bed dorm was more like an 8 bed dorm...there was a door between the two rooms that was useless because everyone needed to use the same entrance and bathroom in the room.

Guest kitchen was great, staff lovely and helpful, bed comfy! Could have done with locks in the lockers in the bedrooms. Also if you're looking for a party atmosphere hostel this isn't the one. Nice and quiet and wakavle distance to train!

It is quite close to the tram station. Clean inside the dorm. But not every bed has a plug to charge which is quite inconvenient. I was staying in a 8people dorm. But it seems like many people are drinking in the street which make me feel insecure as people can just walk in the hostel easily. Unluckily i got some disturbing and noisy roommates who are not respecting the others, the staff was nice and help me changed to another room.

This was ideal for me and 7 mates on a 'lads holiday'! We used it as basically somewhere to sleep and shower. None of us could fault the price, we would never have got a hotel at a cheaper price. The staff were great with all of us and treat us well. Location wise - Around the corner from a good student area and a strip of bars/pubs. 20 minute walk to the centre where the majority of places are. About 15-20 minutes in the other direction takes you to a cluster of nightclubs etc.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Good location. Rooms and facilities are a bit run down

The staff was friendly. The room was good. The location is near an area with a lot of bars and restaurants. The walk to the Cathedral is a decent one but it allows you to see a bunch of the city. I went to the Cathedral two days in a row by foot so its not that bad. The common area was empty all 3 days that I stayed there. The breakfast was pretty amazing. The first two mornings I walked down the street to a cafe but the third morning I ate at the hostel and was very impressed.

it's always a pleasure to stay at meininger cologne. it is quiet, comfortable and close to shops and transportation at rudolfplatz. it is good value except when there are special events in the city, then the prices can get crazy. staff are friendly and helpful. they have a nice bar/common room and good wifi. breakfast room is nice but too expensive.

Lady at the desk was super friendly and nice. Rooms were nice. Breakfast was good. Good location. No lockers.

Dear Guest we are very thankful for your rating and recommendation regarding lockers. In our shared rooms we do offer lockers, you get padlocks against deposit at our 24h reception. You also can rent a safetybox on your own against small deposit to store valuebals. If you stay with Meininger again, no matter where... let us know if you need such stuff to make your stay even more comfortable.

« first « Prev 1 2 3