MEININGER Cologne City Center Reviews

Engelbertstrasse 33-35, Cologne, Germany

Stayed on top floor (6th) which is where the lift motor is (the lift goes to the 5th floor) so we could here the sound of the lift in our room (the lift was used quite a lot!) but the sound wasn't particularly offensive. Usual continental breakfast (solid). Nice staff. Very good value and in a good district.

Great hostel! Very clean with great facilities. I liked the fact that every room has a bathroom and shower. The location is great and the staff was very helpful. I would definitively come back.

Hostel is located a bit to far from the main station to walk. But there is a tram that gets you about 5-10mins away. There are plenty of restaurants and bars in the area which is nice. I checked in late but the process was smooth. Unfortunately getting there late meant I got a top bunk that was about 30 cm from the ceiling it was a bit of a squeeze to get on the bed. But still had a good nights sleep.

The hostel is about 20 minutes from the train station by foot so it's pretty great. Perhaps I was expecting a bit more "glam" for a Meininger, but the room was just okay: really small for a 4 - beds dorm, with not enough plugs, i could not even light up my bedlamp. Finally I wouldnt really reccomend it if you want to meet up people, the common room/bar being empty even as a saturday night!

Bathrooms were pretty terrible. Smelt really really bad and the floors were always soaked

Thank you for giving us feedback! our 24h service is always there for you in the hotels. please let us know about issues and we would love to help you immediately. Hope to welcome you again someday in one of our MEININGER Properties.

Very friendly staff, but the bed was not comfortable (I could feel the structure of the bed underneath the mattress), the bathroom was not particularly clean, and there was no air conditioner.

• 6th Aug 2015

Thanks for rating us and giving feedback. We are always thankful for your help by improving our service every day. visit us again someday to enjoy again the good location and services of MEININGER Hotels.

more like a budget hotel than a backpackers, not great for meeting people

Awesome place, am also staying at Meininger in Munich and Berlin.

Thank you so much for rating us that good. Cool that you check out other MEININGER properties. Hope to welcome you again someday.

Staff were friendly and helpful. No lockers in the shared room and quite cramped.

- Really friendly staff - huge, clean, sharp-looking bathrooms - beer was a bit expensive for a hostel in my opinion

Friendly staff available 24 hours, complimentary iced tea in the foyer. Ideally located by 2 bahn stops for a good price.

• 23rd Jul 2015

The staff are so nice and the room is clean and not crowded at all. They have a washroom for each room so you don't have to share with many people! The location is closed to the train station and supermarket and restaurants! I've only spend one night here and I'd love to came back next time!

The Cologne location is not as impressive as it's cousin in Brussels, but Meininger Hostel felt very average and representative of the typical hostel experience but perhaps with above average staff. Positives: near a nice restaraunt and shopping district, average high school lockers, nice lounge area to meet fellow travellers, Geraldine (my favorite hostel worker ever!), good wifi Negatives: showers with poor drainage, resultant wet bathrooms, fairly far from major sights

Hot as Hades in our room. Staff weren't helpful or knowledgable. Found a giant roach and spider in my bed when I woke up. Location is wayyyy out and a pain to get to and from. Conversely, the bathroom was very nice. Don't stay here if you plan to see anything besides the supposed party street a few blocks from here

The hostel is very clean and comfortable, the staff are helpful and it's easy to get into town. The rooms can get hot but there are probably aircons, I didn't think to look.

The cleaning lady was kind. Our room was neat but could definitely see all the dust everywhere. The lobby and the bar is nice downstairs. The location is great right near Z. Platz metro station. It is about 10 minute walk from the shopping center. Great. I recommend. Also, they keep the door locked at night and can only enter when the 24hour reception lets you in, so I felt really safe.

Great hostel, room was clean and new with everything you could need. Staff were extremely helpful and cheery!

It was extremely hot in our room and the only window that opened was blocked by one of the bunk beds. You have to rent locks and even then only one of the four lockers in our room wasn't broken. The washrooms were clean and the beds were okay.

Had pretty much everything you needed, everything was reasonably priced as well, location was not amazing but it's only about a forty five minute walk to the cathedral if you are an avid walker.

the location is not that good, not easy to find.

« first « Prev 1 2 3