7.9
Very Good 2,701 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 2,701 Total Reviews
MEININGER Cologne City Center Located at Engelbertstrasse 33-35, , Cologne.
Germany
Cologne 50674 Engelbertstrasse 33-35
79% 2701
50.9333345 6.9382309
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 25-30
26th Sep 2016
4.6

I booked a 4 Bed Mixed dorm Ensuite room, but the staff arranged the 8 bed dorm for me without asking. After I ask them and they did give me back the 4 bed room for me, but the room is so small and smelly, and even don't have locker in the room (I have to carry my bag to sleep). Also, location is not very good, need 30-40 mins walk to Cologne hbf. But one of the receptionist (male) he is very nice and helpful. Anyway, I don't recommend this hostel.

• England, Male, 25-30
22nd Sep 2016
8.0

Stayed here when visiting Cologne for Photokina 2016. The hotel is well situated, with the closest tram link being a 5 minute walk. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Staff are incredibly friendly/helpful. Would definitely stay again!

• Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
22nd Sep 2016

Meininger Cologne was a fantastic place to stay. We spent one night in a four-bed, mixed dorm. The room was small but not overly cramped and our private bathroom was clean and spacious. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely return to a Meininger hostel!

21st Sep 2016

Stayed in a 4-bed room, felt like a hotel room- clean, great beds and even TV.. staff were very helpful. Not much of atmosphere created by the hostel, so you will need to create one for yourself..

• Australia, Male, 25-30
19th Sep 2016

excellent company. i stayed with meininger in munich also and was blown away by the quality and consistency at all of their hostels. there was a room next door that was super loud all night, but other than that i had no issues what so ever. the lady at check-in was amazing and the beer in the bar... amazing. even after a weekend bender at oktoberfest!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
11th Sep 2016
6.6

Staff were nice. Laundry took about 1:40 for a small, full load. I stayed in 4 bed mixed ensuite and liked that 2 were single beds and 1 bunk bed. The problem for me is location, sure it's close to the student district but at almost 2kms from the HBF and all the nice sights I wouldn't stay here again. Also the price varied wildly for no reason I could see. €16 the first night, €18 the second and €32 the third. If I didn't have a pre booked train, I wouldn't have stayed in Cologne all 3 days.

8th Sep 2016
8.0

I only stayed one night & it was adequate for the price I paid. Staff were VERY helpful & they were the best thing about the place. All in all, I'd recommend staying at this place. Good location too.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
1st Sep 2016
5.7

Quite safe, not very central. Really quite dirty rooms, but very friendly staff, checked us in at 10am and the luggage room was free. No atmosphere though.

• England, Male, 18-24
1st Sep 2016
7.7

Good hostel , good location , does what it should do. My only gripes are that the shower head didn't fit in the shower holder so you had to hold the shower head and wash yourself and BE CAREFUL with your room card that opens your door... I managed to break two in 4 days , they seem so fragile , €5 to replace each !!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
31st Aug 2016
5.7

The wifi did not work, it was terrible and the room was so small I could barely fit my suitcase and myself in. However staff were nice, but I wouldn't stay here again.