MEININGER London Hyde Park Reviews

at Baden Powell House, 65-67 Queen's Gate, London, England

2081 Total Reviews

I enjoyed my stay a lot! The staff is very friendly and approachable. They help you out and explain everything that you might be confused with!

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Romania

Hi there, Thank you so much for your lovely review after your recent stay! It's always great to get positive feedback about our staff, and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in 2015! Your Meininger team in London.

We are a group of friends and we stayed in one of the private room. The room was nice and we had lots fun! Great value for money!

Hi there, Thank you very much for your awesome review! It's great to hear you had so much fun with us. We would love to welcome you back again in 2015! Take care, Your Meininger team in London.

A great place to stay for the price, close to Museums and the City. I found the staff were friendly and helpful, good range of food for breakfast and very clean rooms. Thanks for a great stay.

I enjoyed staying at this hostel but the lack of kitchen was difficult as it's an expensive area and having to eat out became a hassle. The bathrooms in the rooms are tiny and I also found the staff to be rude and unhelpful. I stayed here for a week and would only stay here again if it was a short stay for a weekend as a base as the location is top notch and so close to Hyde Park and 2 stations

Very Pleasant

Hi there, Thank you very much for taking the time to drop a line after your stay with us! We are delighted to hear that we could meet your expectations. Hope to see you again and thanks again for the good feedback! Your Meininger team in London.

If you are looking for a hostel in London, I would strongly recommend this one for girl. This was because I meet some girls really nice in this hostel and they have a lap top/ iPad locker in the downstair. I didn't use the luggage room so I can't comment on it. Overall, the hostel has a best location and the safety is good

The location of this hotel/hostel hybrid is the best thing about it. I was supposed to be in a mixed room, but 2 out of my 3 nights I was with all guys - kind of uncomfortable. Some of the staff were helpful, others not so much. It's a weird set up, as the first few floors are not a part of the hotel/hostel. I would not recommend this place for a solo traveler. The bathrrom in the room was SO small, and I had to wait for 3 other people before I could shower in the morning. Not the biggest fan.

Hello there! Thank you very much for leaving a comment after your recent stay. We are sorry to hear we couldn't meet your expectations. As you mentioned, we also have conference rooms in our building. We provide female dormitory for the people who are not feeling comfortable sharing it with men. We are going through a major refurbishment of our bathrooms, as you might understand, this is taking quite some time to get it all done. Best regards, Your Meininger team in London.

Lovely hostel in a beautiful position. Two underground-stops around the corner, 24h service, pool and table soccer in the reception, free wifi, baths always clean and the breakfast was really good. Best accomodation in London if you are young or you are to stay a few days in my opinion.

• 28th Mar 2015

Great location, near to several major attractions (Royal Albert Hall, Hyde Park, Natural History Museum), good value for money and very clean and well equipped. Would definitely stay there again.

Hello there, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts after your recent stay. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you loved the location! We would love to welcome you back very soon! Your Meininger team in London.

Room was abit small for 6 beds.

This was my second time staying in this hostel. I liked it better the first time though. This time I stayed in a basic room which means I had to share bathroom and toilets with the rest of the floor. Even though the staff cleaned it everyday the other guests weren't very considerate. The location is amazing and I always feel very secure here. Both the bedrooms and the common room are great. It can be a bit pricey but it is worth to pay a bit more to have such a pleasant stay!

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

Hello there! Thank you for your great review after your second stay at Meininger London. We are thrilled to hear that again you had a good stay with us. We hope to welcome you a third time very soon! Your Meininger team in London.

Another meininger hostel that i was disapointed! The bathroom was the size of a airplane bathroom! The wifi did not reach the rooms, so i went to the lobby to use it! I was at the sofa, and there was a drunk girl from the hostel that was sleeping in the sofa in front of me! The reception lady was yelling to her saying that she could not sleep there and as the girl did not have the condition to get up, she called the police to kick the girl out of the hotel! The only good thing was the location!

At the age of 72 I did have some apprehension about sharing a dorm but in fact staff were helpful and enabled me to find my way to various locations. I felt totally at ease secure and above all this Hostel is clean and well run.

Hello there, Thank you very much for your great review after your stay at Meininger London. We are so glad to hear that we could meet your expectations, and that you found the staff helpful. We would be more than happy to welcome you back again in 2015! Your Meininger team in London.

Great place to stay, the staff were really helpful and a good laugh, the private room we got was very clean and well layed out, highly recommend staying here if your in London!

• 1st Mar 2015

Hello there! Thank you so much for your awesome review after your recent stay at Meininger London! It's so great to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. We will pass along your amazing comment to the team here, We hope to see you again! Your Meininger team in London

Comes more under the hotel/hostel category than traditional hostel. Its a good place for a short stay, basic facilities but sufficient non the less, clean, comfy bed and reasonably secure, helpful staff. There's no kitchen such as hob or fridge but there's a microwave, KFC not far. Good location and value for money, a bit anonymous don't expect to make any friends there. Keep up the good work guys.

Hello there! Thank you very much for your honest review after your stay at Meininger London. We are glad to hear that overall you had a good stay with us! We will pass along your feedback to the team here :) We hope to welcome you back very soon! Your Meininger team in London.

The only good thing about this hostel is the location. It's all about location, right? Honestly, the atmosphere is very dry. The female staff are not very nice. One woman who works mornings was very rude towards me, and unhelpful. The male staff seem to be sonehwat nicer. This is a not a place you go to party. If you want a place to lay your head for cheap, and convience than book here. The rooms are clean, but the bathroom is very small. not user friendly. I would not recommend this place at al

Hi there, Thanks for leaving a comment after your recent stay with us. We are disappointed to hear that we could't meet your expectations on this occasion. We are also disappointed that you found one of our staff member being rude, this is obviously not the level of service we aim here at Meininger London. We are happy you found the room clean. Best wishes, Your Meininger team in London.

A great hostel central in London. I was only here for one night, therefore the facilities and staff were great.

Hi there, Thank you so much for your awesome review after your recent stay with us! We are thrilled to hear that you had a terrific stay in our company and we would love to welcome you back in 2015! Best wishes, Your Meininger team in London.

Excellent position, close to the main London attraction (Natural & Science Museum, V&A, Harrods, Hyde Park,2 min from Gloucester Rd. ( bus 74), and great connection with Victoria Station ( 211). The hotel/hostel is really busy, with plenty of accommodation from 4 people up to dormitory for 12 people, sleeping problem, Cromwell Rd, is very busy night &day, the efficient staff will provide with earplug. Rooms are clean, breakfast offer good choice, and the guys at the reception are amazing.

Dear guest, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts after your recent stay. We are glad to hear that we could meet your expectations on this occasion. Thanks for all the positive feedback towards our staff and our breakfast buffet! We'll pass along your comments to the team here. We hope to welcome you back very soon! Your Meininger team in London.

The hostel was clean and the facilities offered where adequate. Bar prices were favorable. The only issue was there was maintenance going on along the corridor from my room and this commenced at approximately 8.30 am and I could here every bang and drill for most of the morning and afternoon. I appreciate such an old building requires lots of work so its not really a complaint - more a comment.

Hello there, Thanks for writing a review after your recent stay at Meininger London. We are glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We would like to thank you for your understanding regarding the renovation work we are going through at the moment. We are trying our best to do the nosiest work as late as possible. Thanks again for choosing Meininger! Your Meininger team in London.

This is nice hostel. Rooms are super clean and cozy. Staffs also friendly and helpful so I got lots of information from there. 2~3 metro station from victoria station.

Hello there, Thank you so much for you awesome review after your stay at Meininger London! We are thrilled to hear you had such a good time with us! It's always nice to get good feedback about our staff, and we are sure they will be happy to read your comments. We hope to see you again in 2015! Your Meininger team in London.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4