MEININGER London Hyde Park Reviews

at Baden Powell House, 65-67 Queen's Gate, London, England

Very centrally located, price ok, ensuite bathroom bit cramped but was ok, room/beds very clean, overall a good experience

I loved the German breakfast and the location is amazing! However, the toilet seat was broken in the en suite bathroom and the shower just water was way too hot to shower in. In addition, a woman who snored kept waking me up for snoring. This is totally unacceptable. Their are ear plugs at reception.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Wifi was down most of the days and the bathrooms were clogged two of the days (I have stayed with Meininger London many times, but have not had these issues in the past).

As this was my first hostel experience, it was absolutely amazing. I had the chance to meet new people visiting London while being accommodated as if I were family. All in all this hostel is the best 'value for the money' hostel and provides all the amenities you need.

• 20th Jul 2015

Hi there, Thank you so much for your amazing review after your stay with us! We are so happy to hear that we could meet your expectations, and we would love to welcome you back again in the future. Thanks for choosing Meininger, Your team in London.

Bathrooms are tiny and water floods the floor everywhere, makes doing anything after the actual shower really hard. Lifts are painfully slow, plus they have an additional load of the other building users, we had to take the stairs nearly all the time. The wi-fi doesn't reach into the rooms, and there is no throughput control so if one or a couple of people watch netflix/videos downstairs, it barely works for anyone else. Feels clinical, not friendly.

• 18th Jul 2015

Hi there, Thanks for leaving a comment after your recent stay. We are disappointed to hear that your experience with us wasn't as good as expected. We are currently going through a big refurbishment of our rooms and bathrooms. We have quite few people working on it inside the hotel, and we are sorry to hear you found it difficult to use the lift during your stay. We hope you'll have the chance to stay in one of our new room in the future to see the difference. Your team in London.

Rude male staff members. Bathrooms in rooms were dirty, tiny, and constantly smelled like a ruptured septic tank. Wifi didn't work in rooms, pay phone didn't work, staff unhelpful. Overpriced breakfast. Could not have been more excited to leave. Only upside was it was close-ish to some attractions and to some nice food and shopping areas, thought it took me a few days to find them.

Hi there, Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review after your stay at Meininger London. We are sorry to hear we couldn't meet your expectations on this occasion. Your comment regarding the staff is here disappointing, and we would like to apologize if you felt our staff was rude towards you. This is obviously not the level of service we are aiming and we will pass your feedback along the team here. Thanks again for your comments, Your Meininger team in London.

Need to sort out lights in dorms. switches hidden behind bunk and totally inadequate. Please consider individual small LED lamps over each bed, and curtains around bunks to enable privacy and keeping light away from everyone else who is trying to sleep! Your lovely toilet/shower pods NEED to have light pulls or switches outside each one to enable them to be used in the dark without disturbing whole room!

• 11th Jul 2015

Hi there, Thank you very much for sharing your thought after your stay with us. We appreciate feedback from all our guests, and we will be sharing yours to the team here. We are currently renovating many of our rooms and bathrooms, like bed lamps and sockets for each bed. As you might understand it's quite a long process to get all the rooms and toilets refurbished. We hope you'll have the chance to stay in one of our new room during your next visit. Your team in London.

The woman who greeted me was not friendly at all and seemed annoyed when I asked her a question about the tube, but the other staff were nice.

• 9th Jul 2015

Hi there, Thank you for getting in touch after your stay with us at Meininger London. We are sorry to hear that we couldn't quite meet your expectations in some areas, especially your comment about the staff here is disappointing. This is really not the level of service we are aiming, and we would like to apologize. We will be sharing your comment to the team here in London and we hope we can see you again in the future. Your Meininger team in London.

The beds we had were extremely uncomfortable and the 4 person bunk room was extremely crowded. The wifi also did not work in our room. Overall, a subpar experience.

• 7th Jul 2015

Great stay! Rooms & bathrooms were very clean! Location was very nice and convenient to the Tube.

Hi there, Thank you for dropping a comment after your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you had a terrific stay with us, and found the place very clean. We would be so glad to welcome you back very soon! Your Meininger team in London.

this hostel has currently some refurbishments. I had to walk near several rooms with a lot of dust and smell of paint to arrive to my room. 2) the elevator was out of service. I had to walk to the 5th floor with my luggage. 3) the bathroom in the room is very small. I almost couldn't move to have a shower. 4) I had only cold water for the shower. the worst hostel I've stayed. 5) only one person at reception so I had to wait. at night I waited some minutes outside before staff open the door.

A little pricey for me, but had to book it as there were no other vacancies near London. but I'm glad I did, it was a very nice, clean and relaxing hostel. Nice bathrooms and showers.

Hi there, Thank you very much for getting in touch after your stay at Meininger London. We were delighted to read your review, and we are also glad that you stayed with us! We would love to welcome you back in the future. Best wishes, Your Meininger team in London.

Very impressed, great location.

• 4th Jul 2015

Hello there, Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay with us. It's great to hear you enjoyed your time at Meininger London. We hope to see you again very soon! Thanks for choosing us. Your Meininger team in London.

The elevator was out during our 4 night stay and our room was on the 6th floor. The staff offered to help carry luggage up, but didn't offer any other anything else to compensate for the inconvenience.

• 2nd Jul 2015

the hostel is pretty close to the underground station and there is even a store near by to buy water and such. the restroom was really really small and the elevator did not work when i was there. the guy at the reception desk was really nice which made our stay a little better. you can also store your luggage the before check in and after until 10pm.

The lift was broked for four days and I was in the 6th! The washrooms are not cleaned two times a day.

• 1st Jul 2015

it is not like in the pictures. Room was small and hot. Bathroom dirty, and the elevator didnt work for 3 days. We need to walk with bags 6 floors. The shower stop every 20 seconds, and all the time u need to press the timer, very small and bathroom dirty. Very different from what We were expecting.

The rooms looked nothing like they were shown in the pictures. Lockers were very small. Bedroom had inadequate number of powerpoints. Staff were rude and unhelpful. The lift broke down at the beginning of my stay and the staff seemingly made no attempt to fix it. Some of the guests were creepy. Would NOT recommend. Location was good though.

• 30th Jun 2015

Very enjoyable stay here. Rooms were spacious and clean. The best location and value around. Conveniently located off Piccadilly line. Bag holding in locked room after checkout.

Hi there, Thank you so much for sharing your experience after your stay at Meininger London. We are thrilled to hear that you had a terrific stay with us. It's always nice to get feedback from our guests after their departures. We would love to welcome you back again in London. Thanks for choosing Meininger, Your team in London.

Great place to stay. Comfortable. Convenient location next to Gloucester Road Tube stop.

Hi there, Thank you very much for your great review after your recent review at Meininger London. It's great to hear from you, we are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the location convenient. We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future. Your Meininger team in London.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4