MEININGER London Hyde Park

8.5
Fabulous 2858 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 18-24
16th Feb 2017

Great stay! Kind and helpful staff and a great location.

14th Feb 2017
2.9

I arrived after a 20hour trip and had to wait 10min because the guy in the reception was closing the day accounts and it was more important than attending the guests that just arrived. The room doesn't look anything like the pictures, and have a really bad ventilation problem. The bed sheets weren't changed. The bathroom was really dirty, and only a few showers worked properly. The hostel is really bad, wouldn't come back.

• Portugal, Male, 18-24
12th Feb 2017
7.1

The hostel was out of wifi for two days, so I had to leave the hostel to get some Internet. The plugs in my room weren't working and they took too long to fix it, so I had to keep going to the reception to charge my phone. Breakfast was OK, but I'm not sure if really worth it. You could probably get a better one at a pub around. Location was great, near 2 tube stations and right in front of the National History Museum. Water pressure from the shower was really bad. Really helpful staff.

• Brazil, Female, 18-24
10th Feb 2017
7.4

There was no kitchen or place to eat, which was inconvinient. I had a problem with a guy that was in my 12-bed room, who was being innapropriate with all the girls in the room, but not one of the staff members did anything to help. Cleanliness was not the best.

• England, Female, 41+
7th Feb 2017

excellent

• Canada, Female, 18-24
6th Feb 2017
6.9

Front desk staff were nice but cleaning staff are rude. When I checked in they did not have the room I booked so they put me in a 4 bed room with a sink. Was NOT good. Entire ceiling covered in mold (6th floor). Only a small safe to put a few things in (you need to bring your own lock). Bathrooms very dirty. Then I was moved to a 12 bed ensuite (5th floor) which so much nicer- I would have paid more for it. Rooms were cleaner & had hairdrier. Mold present but not as bad. Larger lockers & more sp

• USA, Male, 25-30
5th Feb 2017

Great looking and comfortable hostel a short distance from 2 separate tube stations just South of Hyde Park. Very clean and upscale rooms. A little noisy at times from road noise outside window, but otherwise highly enjoyable. Would definitely stay here again.

• Romania, Female, 18-24
4.9

The room I stayed in had mold on the walls and spelled awful. The bathrooms were superficially cleaned. I stayed in a room for 6 people but the space was definitely for less. I asked for a change of room but I was told they had no more available place and the next day I saw people coming without a reservation who got offered a place. Overall I don't recommend it.

• fulfordsj
  • USA, Male, 18-24
7.4

As long as you aren't put on the top floor (6th) you'll be fine. The room I was was put in on the 6th floor was not as good as lower floor rooms I saw. The outlets were in unhelpful places and at least one of the showers had atrocious water pressure. The elevator also had a weird priority setting and would go up and down in the same ride instead of only up and only down ( 5 and 6 were pressed already but when we got to the 2nd floor someone pushed 0 so it went back down)

• USA, Female, 18-24
4.9

Had a horrible experience here. first 2nights I stayed in a tiny room crammed with 12 beds. I come into my room for my 3rdnight to sleep and find someone else in my bed and all my stuff missing. They moved in an entire group of high school girls and kicked me out WITHOUT TELLING ME. I came downstairs to find all my stuff thrown into a black trashbag and my silk pillow case missing. The worst part was the staff's lack of accommodation and the woman working at front trying to put the blame on me.