MEININGER London Hyde Park Reviews

at Baden Powell House, 65-67 Queen's Gate, London, England

Modern and well located. Very friendly staff.

I loved my stay here!!! Great price for a lovely hostel that is very central and easy to get to and from everywhere.

The room was very clean - a lot more than I expected - and the beds were comfortable, room was a good temperature. The shower was a bit tiny but about what you'd expect from a Hostel in London, where space is a premium. The staff was 2 girls & both were helpful, although 1 was a bit of a grouch. The only downside is that there really wasn't a social atmosphere at all. There were couches on the main floor for relaxing. But we didn't really meet anyone there. Otherwise, it was a good stay.

• 12th Sep 2014

Clean beds and good location. Friendly helpful staff. Perfect place to stay for one or two nights if you just need a place to sleep whilst you explore London!

Enjoyed my stay. Was comfortable and close to the metro. Bathroom is small but expected for a hostel. Would definantly stay there again. Only negative was often the receptionist would seem grumpy.

It's as clean as a hostel with so many people can be. I liked it to stay there. The staff was very nice and the Lounge is great.

• 6th Sep 2014

One of the best hostels in London-Town

Freshly ironed sheets, a comfortable bed, easy-to-use showering facilities and friendly staff. Many thanks.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Wales

Hi there, Many thanks for your recent review after your stay with us. We appreciate all feedback from our customers, and we really want to thank you for taking the time to highight your thoughts. We hope to see you again at Meininger London in the future. Best wishes, Your Meininger team in London.

Staff was perfectly accommodating, room was what you'd expect from a hostel. I had a fine time there and look forward to my next visit. Many thanks.

• 26th Aug 2014

Hi there, thank you for your positive feedback and for choosing Meininger London Hyde Park to stay. We look forward to welcoming you again soon :) Your Meininger Team

Expensive hostel and expensive breakfast. Staffs are good and location is really convenient. A small microwave so no chance to cook anything.

This is my second stay. I came back for the good value for money, excellent location, cleanliness and staff. Atmosphere, not so much. The lobby could do with a makeover. The light is cold, and the sofa area is not particularly cosy, especially with the tv set on football matches etc. The rooms could do with bed lamps and would be cosier with a bit more space btw beds, like taking out a few. The mattress was a bit saggy. On the plus side: excellent staff, excellent customer service!!

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a feedback. We're planning some major refurbishments in the next couple of years which inlcude the lobby and the bedrooms. Our aim is to make it an even more comfortable place to stay. Many thanks about the feedback about the staff - the team really appreciates it :) We hope to see you again!

I liked Meininger a lot. I had already stayed with them in Brussels. Hostel is beautiful, big, lots of spots to be comfortable, free wi fi, really nice staff. The only problem is that they don't serve breakfast, and that's Ok for me, but I think htey could serve a basic breakfast and then charge for the full continental, like they already do. Besides that, the hostel is just perfect, they clean the rooms everyday, and is very secure (i left my laptop, phone and stuff unattended many of times).

Hello, Thanks for your positive feedback. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and felt safe. We pay a great deal of attention to the safety of our guests and their goods. We do serve breakfast from 6.30-10.30, it's only £5.90 for an all you can eat buffet, you should try it next time you're here :) Your Meininger Team

Great location. The breakfast was good, reasonable price.

Thanks for the lovely review. We hope to see you again in the future :)

The location was prime. The staff was amazing. The rooms were immaculate. The stay was wonderful.

Hey, thanks for your awesome feedback. It means a lot to us. Do come back to visit us in London for another fantastic stay. Your Meininger Team.

Good location :-)

• 19th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Fantastic stay! I only stayed the 2 nights, but everything was great.

• 9th Aug 2014

Thanks for the amazing feedback - we hope to see you again! Bring some friends for a great weekend in London :) Your Meininger Team

Meiningers is the very byword for German efficiency. Neat, clean, well-run and in a superb South Kensington location. There really is nothing wrong with this hostel save this: No guest kitchen. That's a big in this Queen Mary of a hostel. a pretty good second choice.

Dear guest, thanks for your helpful review. We are happy to be rated as your second-choice hostel :-) and hope to see you again soon!! Your MEININGER Team London

The room was about 6 sqm big and we were 4 people! In my opinion thats bad even for a london hostel.and 2 out of 5 showers for the whole floor werent working.when we asked about alternatives they wanted to downgrade us to an 8bed room.without a refund.never again!

Dear guest, thanks for your review. We appreciate it. We feel sorry for the experienced inconvinience, but nevertheless hope to see you again. Your MEININGER Team London

It was excellent, the staff, were fabulous and everything was great. However the bathrooms were impracticly small. Thanks for a great stay, I look forward to smoking back

• 27th Jul 2014

Dear guest, thanks a lot for this awesome review. We really appreciate that& hope to see you again soon! Your MEININGER Team London

Nice place with good location. Rooms were small for amount of people in them. Rooms were hot when air conditioning broke down, unfixed for atleast a week.

Dear guest, thank you for this review. Nice to hear, that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our hotel's location. We feel sorry for the experienced inconvenience with the A/C. But we nevertheless hope to see you again soon! Your MEININGER Team

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4