MEININGER London Hyde Park Reviews

at Baden Powell House, 65-67 Queen's Gate, London, England

1970 Total Reviews

The location couldn't be better! Had a great experience and would definitely recommend it. The only tiny problem is that the wifi was not good in my room, since I was on the top floor. Other than that, all great!

• 11th Dec 2014

The rooms were small. There were only 3 lockers and there were 4 people in the room. The lockers were so small. The bathrooms were gross. The toilet did not flush. The staff did not know anything about the area we were in.

Dear customer, Thank you for dropping a line after your stay with us. We are very disappointed to read your review. This is obviously not the level of service we are aiming at Meininger London. Feel free to contact us directly so we can discuss the issues you experienced during your stay. Best wishes, Your Meininger team in London.

Very clean. Guests quiet and respectful. Really nice, modern, clean, quite large seating area near reception. I often had to queue when I went to the reception desk, even for small queries. Great location near the museums and South Kensington station (nice bunch of restaurants/cafes there). Soap/shampoo provided in bathroom. Bathrooms only in the room.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Scotland

Dear customer, Thanks for sharing your thoughts after your recent stay at Meininger London. We are thrilled to hear you had a good stay with us. We are sorry that you found the service slow. We always try our best to avoid customer queuing at reception. We are glad you found the location charming. Best wishes, Your Meininger team in London.

Overall, the stay was very nice. The location was great, being only a few blocks down from Hyde Park and a major tube station. The only real complaint I have is that the bathroom in the dorm was kind of gross. I stayed there for four days, and it was probably only cleaned twice, if that. They were also really small, but I suppose that's to be expected. Other than that, everything else was really clean. You could even smell how clean it was when you walked in.

• 4th Dec 2014

It's clean, it has spacious rooms with enough luggage storage place. It's just not a regular hotel. It also has group accommodation and apparently also some hotel rooms. Location is nice, it's in the middle of a nice neighborhood. Had to change rooms during my visit. This was compensated with one free breakfast. Nice gesture. Breakfast itself isn't spectacular. All in all a decent place. Would stay again.

Dear guest, Thanks for posting a review after your recent stay. We are glad to hear that overall you had a good stay with us. We hope to see you again! Your Meininger team in London

Staff were amazingly friendly and helpful. Missed there being even basic kitchen facilities Very clean Thanks for a great stay

• 3rd Dec 2014

Dear guest, Thank you so much for your awesome review! We are very happy to hear you had such a good stay with us. We would love to welcome you back again here! Thanks for choosing Meininger! Your team in London.

Hostel rooms were clean and beds were comfortable, Bathrooms were clean. some of the toilet stalls were tiny and your knees touched the door Wifi worked well

• 30th Nov 2014

Hello there, Thank you so much for your comment after your recent stay. We are more than happy to hear you had a lovely stay with us and enjoyed our free wifi. We would love to welcome you back again very soon! Best regards, Your Meininger team in London.

Very nice place to stay in London. Highly recommend!!!

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Vietnam

Hello! Thank you so much for dropping a line after your recent stay in London. It is really nice to hear you had a terrific stay with us! We hope to see you again very soon, thanks again for choosing Meininger. Your Meininger team in London.

Stayed here with my little sister. Our locker was broken into and passports and electronics were stolen. Had to report to police but unlikely my belongings will be found. Now that I am home, I must report passports stolen and pay to have them replaced. Very disappointed.

• 29th Nov 2014

清潔でロケーションも良かったです。

Hello there, Thanks for dropping a line after your stay in London. We hope you enjoyed your stay with us, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again! Best wishes, Your Meininger team in London.

The bathroom is the size of an airplane bath. I merely fitted in the bed, I am 1.95cm

Hello there, Thank you very much for sharing your thought after your stay with us! We are happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. Regarding the bathrooms, we are planning some refurbishments very soon. We hope to see you soon! Your Meininger team in London.

Was woken up at 12:45 pm by someone arriving late into the dorm, and then at around 7:30 am by a fire alarm - not a very good nights sleep. The bed was nice and everything was clean but the shower was a bit weak. There is a nice cafe area downstairs which is pretty good to work. The breakfast was pretty awful with bananas that has been refrigerated - and therefore went grey- with white bread (no brown) and some cheese. Not exactly a 'continental breakfast' and not worth £5.95.

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Hello there, Thank you for taking the time to drop a line after your stay. We are sorry to hear that we couldn't meet your expectations this time. Unfortunately, when you book a bed in a dorm you are likely to get people coming in and out at any time. We are offering ear plugs at reception. It's also very unfortunate that the fire alarm sounded in an early morning, this is very much unpredictable. We hope you enjoyed your stay in the city of London. Your Meininger team in London.

Very clean hostel, confortable. Very good located. Everything is very good just a little bit quiet is you are trying to experience bars and more fun activities in hostel.

Hello there, Thank you very much for your lovely review after your stay with us! We are very happy to read your comment, and hear that you enjoyed your stay. As you mentioned, we are currently working on making the place more fun by offering activities through the week. We hope to see you back again very soon! Your Meininger team in London.

Value for money for it's great location. Stayed in a 8 mixed dorm for 3 nights. Good in all sense except for it's tiny ensuite hostel toilet where u don't even have a corner to put your toiletries or hang a towel. I'm a small man and i find so much difficulty to shower, change or to wash up. A small shelve and few hooks will be great. Instead of having to put all my things on the toilet seat cover. Good water shower pressure. Way better than the Holiday Inn Kensington I stayed before this.

Staff was quite rude. Not the best hostel for a solo traveler. Hard to meet people and overall a bad atmosphere!

• 13th Nov 2014

Hello there, Thanks for taking the time to post a comment after your recent stay. We are disappointed to hear we couldn't meet your expectations on this occasion. We are currently working on making this place more fun for everyone. Regarding the staff, we can only apologise and assure you that is not the level of service we aim to offer at Meininger. We will pass along your comment to the team here in London. Best wishes, Your Meininger team in London.

We have had a great time staying at Meiniger. We booked a 12 bed mixed dorm for 2 persons but we were placed in a room with only 4 beds and we got two girls who were also travelling together as roommates, this was great! One thing that was dissapointing was that there was no breakfast included and that the breakfast offered costed 6 pounds this was quite expensive but there are a lot of great restaurants around the corner as well as supermarkets and the underground. I recommend this hostel! :)

• 13th Nov 2014

Hi there, Thank you so much for your awesome review! We are delighted to hear you had a terrific stay with us. We would be glad to welcome you back again in London. Thanks again for choosing Meininger! Your Meininger team in London.

Bathroom to small, on the other hand, everything perfect

Hello there, Thank you very much for your comment! It's very nice to see that you had a great experience with us. We are planning some refurbishments for the bathroom in a near future. Thanks again for choosing Meininger, and we hope to see you again! Your Meininger team in London.

Meininger Hotel was close to an event I was going to, so I decided to stay in a 4 bed dormitory in their hostel. Though I have stayed in a few hostels now, I still always worry when staying at a new one. There was nothing to worry about though; the hostel is very clean, the staff are friendly, helpful & knowledgeable, the room was fine & the people were friendly & kept to themselves. It's a very short walk to the nearest tube station, Gloucester Road and there is supermarkets and banks nearby.

• 12th Nov 2014

Hi there, Thank you so much for sharing your Meininger experience with us! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay in London. It's always nice to get good feedbacks from customers regarding the cleanliness and our staff members. Hope to see you again! Your Meininger team in London.

We were astonished because we spent the three nights with the air conditiioner working, so it wasn´t the best temperatura for november. And the answer for me wasn´t right cause i had to go downstairs more tan twice to tell me what the problema was. It was blocked....ahhh ok

The rooms are very clean and spacious . The only bad thing I have to say was that I wish they'd have more staff at the reception, the service was quite slow. .

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Finland

Hello there, Thank you very much for your feedbak after your recent stay with us. We are more than happy to hear you found the place clean and secure. As you mentionned we can be very busy sometimes, but we always try our best to provide a good service in a reasonnable time. We hope to see you again! Your Meininger team in London.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5