MEININGER London Hyde Park Reviews

at Baden Powell House, 65-67 Queen's Gate, London, England

The mattress was uncomfy... I was accommodated in an en-suite dorm and it was so small that I needed to squeeze myself in it. ;; The only thing I approved this place of was its location, which was near the grocery and the metro.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

Shower room is very small.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Japan

Booked this hostel in a hurry mainly going on the high rating + location... I wish I done my homework a bit better as there is NO KITCHEN and there is no hostel atmosphere at all. Very clinical, more like a hotel, although with lots of screaming little kids, it's more like staying at a kindergarten. The rooms are cramped. This place has security issues; no locker for suitcases. It's not a hostel after all. It's a Meiniger. A word charged with negative associations as far as I am concerned.

Great location - straight across from Natural History Museum and 5 mins to South Kensington and Gloucester Road tube stops. Small lockers - not really big enough for rucksacks. Wi-fi worked well in reception. The bunk bed was too short for me (6'3"). Also, the room has a small shower. The lift can be a bit temperamental. There seemed to be a lot of school trips staying here. Breakfast is a standard hostel all you can eat, not bad but not great either and costs extra. Fairly clean.

The wifi doesn't work

I stayed at Meininger hotels before, in Germany, and I came back here, knowing that it would be clean.. It wasn't. The bathroom (airplane size!) gets filthy really quickly because the water sprays everywhere. The staff are sweet, if a little confused (I had to check out, mid-stay and check back in, only to go back to the same bed. It's very LOUD, from early morning, all traffic will wake you up. It's more a hotel, or a very big dormitory, than a hostel. Not great for vibing or meeting people.

I would have wished that the bathrooms are not cleaner and more clothing-hooks or shelves. Not much space for luggage and putting belongings in the room too. The breakfast is quite overpriced 5.99 and dreadful (cold ham, toast) - lucky I didn't order.

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

Staff were friendly and the hostel was clean. The location was great, letting you access to central London quite easily via tube and also the hostel is literary across the road to the natural history museum and other great museums.

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Japan

Dear guest, thank you for leaving your positive feedback. We also proud of our central location in London! Hope to see you soon in one of our hotels across Europe. Cheers from London

The hostel is clen and tidy; staff member at the reception was polite, efficient and helpful. Shower, toilet were in good shape. The room was smallish and street noise at high level. I recommed hostel for short or longer stay in London.

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Bulgaria

Dear guest, thank you for leaving your feedback with us. Greetings from Meininger London

The hostel has everything you need. Great location...near Gloucester Rd. metro station...restaurants and stores.

Dear guest, thank you for your comment. We are also very happy with our central location! Greetings from you Meininger team :-)

Top location, cool architecture and cool chill out area in reception area, relaxed atmosphere yet appears well run,plenty of hot water in the clean and efficient en - suite bathrooms. Would be nice if breakfast was less expensive or included but there are no shortage of places outside.and has no bearing on whether I would stay again because it is a really nice place to stay in a top location ........

Dear guest, thank you for your positive feedback. Hope to see you again soon! Meininger London

good location and cleanliness

Thank you for your comment! Greetings from your Meininger team

The only thing that annoyed me was the top bed is never made when you arrive so you have to make it and touch the mattress underneath. (maybe the cleaner could have a step platform or easier steps that go up to the bed like in hong kong) Good place to stay definitely, been here 2x now

Hi guest, Thank your for the great rating! We are aware of the problem with the bunk beds - unfortunately our housekeeping company doesn't allow the making of the top bunks due to health&safety reasons :( but we're are working hard on a solution (and will get new mattresses, duvets and pillows soon!). See you soon! Your Meininger Team

The reception staff was very rude!!!!!!!!! The rooms were ok butt the bathrooms very dirty.

Dear guest, We are sorry to hear that you felt treated in a rude way. We are aiming for a perfect customer service and would like to hear more about the problems you encountered so would be grateful if you could get in touch with us for more info. Thanks, your Meininger Team

Great hostel! Good location, clean and very comfortable. Can be not a good idea be there if you are traveling alone. There isn't a comum nice area and that's why should be not easy to make new friends. The staff is not friendship and helpfull. BUT the hostel is really good! Traveling with friends is the best option in London!

This was my 2nd stay in a Meininger hostel, having stayed in one in Austria before. The Hyde Park location is amazing, it's the perfect city center location. The hostel was incredibly clean, luggage room available and lockers in room, which is a plus. Overall Meininger seems to be a good hostel chain. However, it seems to be lacking in atmosphere a bit. There was a common room, but few people were hanging out. It's a good place to stay for a night, but not the place to meet fellow travelers

lousy security issue--they should guide customers to use strong padlock--IT"S THEIR RESPONSIBILITY!

• 8th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

The shower/bathroom wasn't the cleanest but the rest of the room and the hostel were very clean

Dear guest, we really appreciate your honest feedback! Your Meininger team

I live outside of London so I often come in for the weekends. I do not require much from the hostels that I stay at, but it was definitely a very knowledgeable staff- very welcoming and helpful when I did have questions. Good location for some great museums. I will be staying here again.

Dear, thank you for your feedback! See you again soon.Cheers from Meininger London

A good stay at a decent hostel. The staff were very competent, efficient and friendly and the location is very good. Having stayed at Meininger hostels in Berlin and Germany, it was a bit disappointing that the room, especially the bathroom, at the Hyde Park hostel was dated and extremely small (although I appreciate space is at a premium in London!).

Thank you for your comment! Hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, Meininger London

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4