MEININGER London Hyde Park Reviews

at Baden Powell House, 65-67 Queen's Gate, London, England

1941 Total Reviews

Staff was quite rude. Not the best hostel for a solo traveler. Hard to meet people and overall a bad atmosphere!

• 13th Nov 2014

We have had a great time staying at Meiniger. We booked a 12 bed mixed dorm for 2 persons but we were placed in a room with only 4 beds and we got two girls who were also travelling together as roommates, this was great! One thing that was dissapointing was that there was no breakfast included and that the breakfast offered costed 6 pounds this was quite expensive but there are a lot of great restaurants around the corner as well as supermarkets and the underground. I recommend this hostel! :)

• 13th Nov 2014

Bathroom to small, on the other hand, everything perfect

Hello there, Thank you very much for your comment! It's very nice to see that you had a great experience with us. We are planning some refurbishments for the bathroom in a near future. Thanks again for choosing Meininger, and we hope to see you again! Your Meininger team in London.

We were astonished because we spent the three nights with the air conditiioner working, so it wasn´t the best temperatura for november. And the answer for me wasn´t right cause i had to go downstairs more tan twice to tell me what the problema was. It was blocked....ahhh ok

The rooms are very clean and spacious . The only bad thing I have to say was that I wish they'd have more staff at the reception, the service was quite slow. .

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Finland

pretty good experience. nice staff (except the man with glasses showing impatience when i ordered a beer at the bar). the room is by the road so quite noisy.

Great location, nice rooms - did not like the bathrooms.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

I really liked how there was a refundable deposit on locks, towels, etc. Not a lot of hostels do that. The location was great and the rooms were really nice, great value for the money spent in my opinion.

Hi there, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your Experience with us. We are thrilled to read your review and we would be happy to welcome you back again! Best wishes, Your Meininger team in London.

There were 8 people in a very small room. Toilet and shower area was like a toiket of an airoplane. Not value for money. But ı think it is a general problem of hostels in london, they never valye for money compared to the other hostels in the world.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Turkey

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to share your Meininger experience after your recent stay. We are sorry to hear that you found your stay not good value for money. Prices tend to be more expensive on weekends here in London, as the occupancy runs very low. However, we generally offer affordable prices from Sunday to the middle of the week. We are glad to see you enjoyed the location and were happy about the staff. Hope to see you again! Your Meininger team in London.

I enjoyed my stay at Meininger London Hyde Park! The location was great. Everything was clean, and the staff were very helpful in helping us with where to go. My only complaint was the that I stayed in an 8 person room and there was one very small private bathroom that we all had to share. If there had been a public bathroom on the floor in addition to that one, it would have been fine. But it was difficult to share that one bathroom among so many girls.

Hi there, Many thanks for reviewing us after your stay! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, and were satisfied by the service received. We would of course love to welcome you back here in London. Your Meininger team.

Excellent location! The only problem I had was when me and my friend (also staying at Meininger) came back at 3AM after clubbing, the front desk agent wouldn't let us up into the rooms. Apparently if you're coming into the building after midnight, you need proof that you're staying in one of the rooms. It took ten minutes to finally convince the front desk agent we were staying there. (Our room keys didn't seem to be enough.) But this was the only inconvenience. Everything was very clean.

ensuites are a little small. staff very obliging. excellent location and very clean.

Hello there, Thank you so much for posting a comment after your recent stay with us. It's always nice to hear from our guests, and we would be happy to welcome you back to Meininger London! Best wishes, Your Meininger team in London.

Easy to find, great location. Friendly welcome. Room easy to find, clean & comfortable. Good quality beds. Functional bathroom. Great to see the building being used & managed so well by different groups over the week. No undue noise issues. One has to remember the location and expect the noise of traffic and a/c system - no real problem. Excellent value for money considering the location. Perfect for my needs. Would recommend and stay at again. Great coffee & lounge area.

Hello there, Thank you so much for your awesome review after your stay with us. We are super thrilled to hear you had a great stay in our company. It's always nice to hear good comments about our staff members, with all the efforts we put to make everybody feel comfortable here. Thank you so much for choosing Meininger and we hope to see you again! Your Meininger team in London.

Booked as a place to crash for the night. Booked a 12 bed dorm, ended up in a nice 4 bed room. Nice, friendly staff, great location and a good night's sleep- can't ask for more!. Definitely not a party hostel (good, depending on what you want). My only quibble is that at 6'2" I found bunks too small in length. I'd say it was around 1-2" too small. I slept fine, but my knees were a little stiff in the morning. Fine for a night, but if you're booking a week and tall make sure you get a real bed!

Hello there, Thanks for sharing your experience after your stay with us. We are very glad to hear you had a nice stay in our company. We will definitely look at your comment regarding the length of the bed in your room. Thanks for your remark. We hope to see you again very soon! Your Meininger team in London,

As hostels in London go, this might be one of the best. But in comparison to others in Europe it was poor. Constantly understaffed, very uncomfortable beds, little to no atmosphere for travellers. Bathrooms were well equipped and plentiful and the hostel had everything you would need, but it's definitely lacking personality.

Hello there, Thank you very much for your fair review after your stay with us. On some days, we can be very busy at peak hours for check out or check in. But we can assure you, we always try our best to avoid customers to wait too long for any requests. We are also constantly working on making the hostel more comfortable for everybody. We hope to see you again, Your Meininger team in London.

They should be more active online as they forgot to mention that the Piccadilly Line doesnt stop at Gloucester Road right now. Also, they can change the bed sheets a little more often. Matter of fact, my stay at Meneinger Amsterdam was delightful. Here, it just about gave me a stay. But given that it's a hostel, it's adequate.

• 20th Oct 2014
  • India

You can hardly call it a hostel. No kitchen and you need to pay for everything. A old lady on the reception staring at me unfriendly when I arrived made me very uncomfortable. Even though the location is quite good, I could rather not come back.

Looks more like an hospital rather than a hostel: a lot of old people, or wheel chairs, not really fun...

Hey there, Thanks for dropping a line after your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear that you didn't quite have fun during your stay. Here at Meininger London, we are proud to offer accommodation for various types of customers. We happy to see that you were satisfy about the cleanliness and the service offered by our staff. Thanks again for your comment, Your meininger team in London.

The hostel is great! I'd recommend it for anyone who is looking for a great location and clean rooms! The wi-fi is not the best, but this shouldn't be a problem! Lots of restaurants near by and Hide Park is also close!

Hi , Thank you very much for your review after your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear you had a great stay here at Meininger London. Hope to welcome you back to London again very soon! Cheers, Your Meininger team in London.

Very clean, tidy hostel. Very good enviroment and location. I would come back and I absolutely recommend this hostel even with children.

Hi there! Thank you very much for your lovely comment after your recent stay. It is nice to hear you had a terrific stay with us! We look forward to seeing you back again here at Meininger London. Best wishes, Your Meininger team in London.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4