MEININGER London Hyde Park Reviews

at Baden Powell House, 65-67 Queen's Gate, London, England

Nice location for someone who wants a relaxing location- parks/museums/cafes. very safe and isn't as rowdy as most hostels are.

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Singapore

I loved that I can stay at this location and be close to the central london by walk however the only facility you lacked, a kitchen, would have been useful on days like christmas when the shops are closed. Other than that, the staff were helpful and amazing and the toilet in my 12 people room looked like hotel style toilet. Value for money for sure!

Great hostel, though it felt more like a hotel with dorms than a hostel. The staff was very professional and hospitable, which was great. The rooms and pretty much every place were spotless and cleaned frequently and thoroughly. Just a few little things in the room were not working well (like some lockers and the towel rack). They offer a breakfast too, which is relatively good, but I would say that it is quite pricey as well. It's literally in front of the Natural History Museum, great location

Everything It was really good, but the person in the reception at night the asianl girl (I don't know her name) She was really rude at the moment to gave us some indications. For example, nobody told us that we need the little red card to pass at night into the hostel and she told us in a rude form. My boyfriend tried to buy a coffe and he paid with a credit card, we paid in all the restaurants and commerce in London and nobody ask him for an identification and she did it.

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • Mexico

Location was great - 2 blocks from a tube stop, near bus stops and museums. The staff was extremely helpful and attentive,particularly Davide and the manager, Lex. My room was cleaned every day and the bed was very comfortable. I'm an older woman traveling with a young niece so many of my friends were a little surprised that we were staying at a hostel. My pictures and recommendation should convince them that hostels Aretha way to go!

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Way better than I expected: The room was clean (They cleaned the room every day!), the bed was comfortable, and staffs were really nice. Although the wi-fi in room was not that stable, and the shower stream was quite weak, I would highly recommend the hostel.

Good common areas, really nice breakfast area, some staff are really friendly, really competent, but one girl in particular was not knowledgeable about the hostel itself nor the area, AND didn't seem comfortable communicating in English which would be fine if she had a friendly demeanour but she was just awkward and almost rude. Common toilets on the 6th floor did not work properly, many of them didn't flush without an out-of-order sign, which had gross consequences.

Dear Guest, thank you for choosing Meininger Hotel London Hyde Park and for giving us the opportunity to improve our service through your review. We are trying our best to integrate new staff into our team as soon as possible without inconvenience to our guests and feel sorry for the inconvenience caused to you within the training process. We would like to welcome you back to our hotel another time and wish you all the best for the meantime. Your Meininger Team London.

Wifi doesn't work well

• 19th Dec 2015
  • India

The location was about a 30 minute walk to the main sites of London, which I enjoyed. It was close to everything and right near a tube station. I loved the rooms, felt more like a hotel than a hostel. The staff was great too.

• 18th Dec 2015

Wonderful staff (David was incredible helpful) and great location in Kensington!

Not much of a community vibe but very good value for London. Well located.

Better level of service than you would expect from a hostel. Shower gel, hand wash and hairdryer in the bathroom, lift in the building! Both room and en-suite bathroom were clean, bed comfortable. Storage space in the room is a bit limited (average/large suitcases don't fit into the drawers under the bed, so they had to stay on the floor). Roommates were polite and quiet, nobody returned noisily in the middle of the night from clubbing/partying. I thorougly enjoyed my stay and have no complaints

Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing Meininger Hotel London Hyde Park and thank you for your lovely review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to welcoming you back soon. Your Meininger Team.

The hostel is excellent, the location is very centric. It's cheap, the staff was nice. I think I will book again if I come back to London.

Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing Meininger Hotel London Hyde Park and thank you for your lovely review. We would love to welcome you back soon and hope that you will enjoy your stay! Your Meininger Team.

I stayed for two nights at this hostel and i would say its excellent choice and good value for money .however More choices on the drinks no Guinness will do better.

Nice, clean, quiet hostel. Very good value for money for London. No complaints. Will definitely come back.

Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing Meininger Hotel London Hyde Park and for your lovely review. We hope to welcome you back soon and leave you with all the best wishes for the meantime. Your Meininger Team.

Good hostel and not far from train station

It was alright, but I felt like I was really cramped in a 8 person room. It was a small space for how much people the room had to cater to, especially the bathroom. The other people were okay, but I couldn't fall asleep for two nights due to another guests obsessively loud snoring. Also, I felt it was under-prepared for the type of guests they will have. They didn't have American-British adapters, and late night staff was kind of unfriendly and unhelpful.

• 5th Dec 2015

Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing Meininger Hotel London Hyde Park and for helping us improve the Meininger experience with your review. We are happy to inform you that we are currently working on enlarging the bathrooms in the dormitories for the comfort of our guests. We hope these improvements will be in place for your next stay. We thank you for your constructive criticism and hope to welcome you back soon in one of our Hotels. Best regards, Meininger London Team

Is a very nice hostel with everything you need .

Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing Meininger Hotel London Hyde Park and for your lovely review! we hope we can welcome you back again soon in our hotel. all the best, Your Meininger Team.

The old lady who work at night at the reception should have service mind. The rest's perfect including other staffs.

Good location and great value for London. Rooms could have done with a lick of paint, but apart from that a good choice if looking for budget accomodation in London.