MEININGER London Hyde Park Reviews

at Baden Powell House, 65-67 Queen's Gate, London, England

2043 Total Reviews

Very nice place to stay in London. Highly recommend!!!

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Vietnam

Hello! Thank you so much for dropping a line after your recent stay in London. It is really nice to hear you had a terrific stay with us! We hope to see you again very soon, thanks again for choosing Meininger. Your Meininger team in London.

Stayed here with my little sister. Our locker was broken into and passports and electronics were stolen. Had to report to police but unlikely my belongings will be found. Now that I am home, I must report passports stolen and pay to have them replaced. Very disappointed.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Dear guest, we are sorry to hear that you haven't made use of our secure lockers in the lobby, which are free of charge. We do advise guests not to leave any valuables in the rooms as these are shared rooms, however we do provide secure storing facilities for valuables in our safe or the lockers. Your MEININGER Team

清潔でロケーションも良かったです。

Hello there, Thanks for dropping a line after your stay in London. We hope you enjoyed your stay with us, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again! Best wishes, Your Meininger team in London.

The bathroom is the size of an airplane bath. I merely fitted in the bed, I am 1.95cm

Hello there, Thank you very much for sharing your thought after your stay with us! We are happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. Regarding the bathrooms, we are planning some refurbishments very soon. We hope to see you soon! Your Meininger team in London.

Was woken up at 12:45 pm by someone arriving late into the dorm, and then at around 7:30 am by a fire alarm - not a very good nights sleep. The bed was nice and everything was clean but the shower was a bit weak. There is a nice cafe area downstairs which is pretty good to work. The breakfast was pretty awful with bananas that has been refrigerated - and therefore went grey- with white bread (no brown) and some cheese. Not exactly a 'continental breakfast' and not worth £5.95.

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Hello there, Thank you for taking the time to drop a line after your stay. We are sorry to hear that we couldn't meet your expectations this time. Unfortunately, when you book a bed in a dorm you are likely to get people coming in and out at any time. We are offering ear plugs at reception. It's also very unfortunate that the fire alarm sounded in an early morning, this is very much unpredictable. We hope you enjoyed your stay in the city of London. Your Meininger team in London.

Very clean hostel, confortable. Very good located. Everything is very good just a little bit quiet is you are trying to experience bars and more fun activities in hostel.

Hello there, Thank you very much for your lovely review after your stay with us! We are very happy to read your comment, and hear that you enjoyed your stay. As you mentioned, we are currently working on making the place more fun by offering activities through the week. We hope to see you back again very soon! Your Meininger team in London.

Value for money for it's great location. Stayed in a 8 mixed dorm for 3 nights. Good in all sense except for it's tiny ensuite hostel toilet where u don't even have a corner to put your toiletries or hang a towel. I'm a small man and i find so much difficulty to shower, change or to wash up. A small shelve and few hooks will be great. Instead of having to put all my things on the toilet seat cover. Good water shower pressure. Way better than the Holiday Inn Kensington I stayed before this.

Hi there, Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are planning a major bathroom refurbishment over the next 2 years to make the rooms more convenient so we hope to welcome you again to convince you of the changes we made :) Your MEININGER Team

Staff was quite rude. Not the best hostel for a solo traveler. Hard to meet people and overall a bad atmosphere!

• 13th Nov 2014

Hello there, Thanks for taking the time to post a comment after your recent stay. We are disappointed to hear we couldn't meet your expectations on this occasion. We are currently working on making this place more fun for everyone. Regarding the staff, we can only apologise and assure you that is not the level of service we aim to offer at Meininger. We will pass along your comment to the team here in London. Best wishes, Your Meininger team in London.

We have had a great time staying at Meiniger. We booked a 12 bed mixed dorm for 2 persons but we were placed in a room with only 4 beds and we got two girls who were also travelling together as roommates, this was great! One thing that was dissapointing was that there was no breakfast included and that the breakfast offered costed 6 pounds this was quite expensive but there are a lot of great restaurants around the corner as well as supermarkets and the underground. I recommend this hostel! :)

• 13th Nov 2014

Hi there, Thank you so much for your awesome review! We are delighted to hear you had a terrific stay with us. We would be glad to welcome you back again in London. Thanks again for choosing Meininger! Your Meininger team in London.

Bathroom to small, on the other hand, everything perfect

Hello there, Thank you very much for your comment! It's very nice to see that you had a great experience with us. We are planning some refurbishments for the bathroom in a near future. Thanks again for choosing Meininger, and we hope to see you again! Your Meininger team in London.

Meininger Hotel was close to an event I was going to, so I decided to stay in a 4 bed dormitory in their hostel. Though I have stayed in a few hostels now, I still always worry when staying at a new one. There was nothing to worry about though; the hostel is very clean, the staff are friendly, helpful & knowledgeable, the room was fine & the people were friendly & kept to themselves. It's a very short walk to the nearest tube station, Gloucester Road and there is supermarkets and banks nearby.

• 12th Nov 2014

Hi there, Thank you so much for sharing your Meininger experience with us! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay in London. It's always nice to get good feedbacks from customers regarding the cleanliness and our staff members. Hope to see you again! Your Meininger team in London.

We were astonished because we spent the three nights with the air conditiioner working, so it wasn´t the best temperatura for november. And the answer for me wasn´t right cause i had to go downstairs more tan twice to tell me what the problema was. It was blocked....ahhh ok

Dear guest, we apologise for the inconvenience you have experienced. We have had an engineer in who fixed the air condition but the front desk team should have dealt with the situation in a better way. However we do hope to welcome you again in future! Your MEININGER Team

The rooms are very clean and spacious . The only bad thing I have to say was that I wish they'd have more staff at the reception, the service was quite slow. .

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Finland

Hello there, Thank you very much for your feedbak after your recent stay with us. We are more than happy to hear you found the place clean and secure. As you mentionned we can be very busy sometimes, but we always try our best to provide a good service in a reasonnable time. We hope to see you again! Your Meininger team in London.

pretty good experience. nice staff (except the man with glasses showing impatience when i ordered a beer at the bar). the room is by the road so quite noisy.

Hello there, Thank you so much for sharing your experience after your stay at Meininger London. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. However, we are sorry to hear that you found one of our staff member not very friendly. We will definitely pass your review along the team. We hope to see you again! Your Meininger team in London.

Location was good. Staff were sometimes good, sometimes not. Atmosphere - it was full of school kids (eg, 8-17 year old) the entire time I was there - def not a backpackers. Terrible little aeroplane bathroom in rooms, which was rubbish considering how much you pay per night. Overall disappointing. You had to pay extra for literally EVERYTHING.

Hello there, Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment after your stay. We are sorry to hear we couldn't meet your expectations on everything during your stay here. As you said, we have few school groups staying at our hostel through the week. We tend to have more of a hostel vibe during the week end. We offer free rental of lockers, padlocks, hairdryers and adapters at reception. We hope you enjoyed your stay in the city of London. Your Meininger team in London.

Great location, nice rooms - did not like the bathrooms.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

Hi there, Thanks for posting few words after your stay at Meininger London. We are glad to hear that overall you had a nice stay with us. We are planning some refurbishments for the bathrooms in a near future. Thanks again for sharing your Meininger experience! Your Meininger team in London.

I really liked how there was a refundable deposit on locks, towels, etc. Not a lot of hostels do that. The location was great and the rooms were really nice, great value for the money spent in my opinion.

Hi there, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your Experience with us. We are thrilled to read your review and we would be happy to welcome you back again! Best wishes, Your Meininger team in London.

There were 8 people in a very small room. Toilet and shower area was like a toiket of an airoplane. Not value for money. But ı think it is a general problem of hostels in london, they never valye for money compared to the other hostels in the world.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Turkey

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to share your Meininger experience after your recent stay. We are sorry to hear that you found your stay not good value for money. Prices tend to be more expensive on weekends here in London, as the occupancy runs very low. However, we generally offer affordable prices from Sunday to the middle of the week. We are glad to see you enjoyed the location and were happy about the staff. Hope to see you again! Your Meininger team in London.

I enjoyed my stay at Meininger London Hyde Park! The location was great. Everything was clean, and the staff were very helpful in helping us with where to go. My only complaint was the that I stayed in an 8 person room and there was one very small private bathroom that we all had to share. If there had been a public bathroom on the floor in addition to that one, it would have been fine. But it was difficult to share that one bathroom among so many girls.

Hi there, Many thanks for reviewing us after your stay! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, and were satisfied by the service received. We would of course love to welcome you back here in London. Your Meininger team.

Excellent location! The only problem I had was when me and my friend (also staying at Meininger) came back at 3AM after clubbing, the front desk agent wouldn't let us up into the rooms. Apparently if you're coming into the building after midnight, you need proof that you're staying in one of the rooms. It took ten minutes to finally convince the front desk agent we were staying there. (Our room keys didn't seem to be enough.) But this was the only inconvenience. Everything was very clean.

Hello there, Thanks for sharing your Meininger experience with us. We are glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay here. Regarding what happened on that night, for security reasons we ask every customer to present their own guest cards after 11.30 pm. We are sorry if you were not properly informed about it when you checked in. We'll pass along your comment to the staff to avoid any confusions in the future. Thanks again for choosing us! Your Meininger team in London.