MEININGER London Hyde Park Reviews

at Baden Powell House, 65-67 Queen's Gate, London, England

2043 Total Reviews

ensuites are a little small. staff very obliging. excellent location and very clean.

Hello there, Thank you so much for posting a comment after your recent stay with us. It's always nice to hear from our guests, and we would be happy to welcome you back to Meininger London! Best wishes, Your Meininger team in London.

Easy to find, great location. Friendly welcome. Room easy to find, clean & comfortable. Good quality beds. Functional bathroom. Great to see the building being used & managed so well by different groups over the week. No undue noise issues. One has to remember the location and expect the noise of traffic and a/c system - no real problem. Excellent value for money considering the location. Perfect for my needs. Would recommend and stay at again. Great coffee & lounge area.

Hello there, Thank you so much for your awesome review after your stay with us. We are super thrilled to hear you had a great stay in our company. It's always nice to hear good comments about our staff members, with all the efforts we put to make everybody feel comfortable here. Thank you so much for choosing Meininger and we hope to see you again! Your Meininger team in London.

Booked as a place to crash for the night. Booked a 12 bed dorm, ended up in a nice 4 bed room. Nice, friendly staff, great location and a good night's sleep- can't ask for more!. Definitely not a party hostel (good, depending on what you want). My only quibble is that at 6'2" I found bunks too small in length. I'd say it was around 1-2" too small. I slept fine, but my knees were a little stiff in the morning. Fine for a night, but if you're booking a week and tall make sure you get a real bed!

Hello there, Thanks for sharing your experience after your stay with us. We are very glad to hear you had a nice stay in our company. We will definitely look at your comment regarding the length of the bed in your room. Thanks for your remark. We hope to see you again very soon! Your Meininger team in London,

As hostels in London go, this might be one of the best. But in comparison to others in Europe it was poor. Constantly understaffed, very uncomfortable beds, little to no atmosphere for travellers. Bathrooms were well equipped and plentiful and the hostel had everything you would need, but it's definitely lacking personality.

Hello there, Thank you very much for your fair review after your stay with us. On some days, we can be very busy at peak hours for check out or check in. But we can assure you, we always try our best to avoid customers to wait too long for any requests. We are also constantly working on making the hostel more comfortable for everybody. We hope to see you again, Your Meininger team in London.

They should be more active online as they forgot to mention that the Piccadilly Line doesnt stop at Gloucester Road right now. Also, they can change the bed sheets a little more often. Matter of fact, my stay at Meneinger Amsterdam was delightful. Here, it just about gave me a stay. But given that it's a hostel, it's adequate.

• 20th Oct 2014
  • India

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry to hear that your stay wasn't as pleasant as expected. We hope you'll give us another chance so we can convince you of the quality of MEININGER London! Your MEININGER Team

You can hardly call it a hostel. No kitchen and you need to pay for everything. A old lady on the reception staring at me unfriendly when I arrived made me very uncomfortable. Even though the location is quite good, I could rather not come back.

Hello there, Thanks for dropping a line after your stay with us. We are disappointed to hear that we couldn't meet your expectations on this occasion. We hope you enjoyed your stay in the city of London. Your Meininger team in London.

Looks more like an hospital rather than a hostel: a lot of old people, or wheel chairs, not really fun...

Hey there, Thanks for dropping a line after your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear that you didn't quite have fun during your stay. Here at Meininger London, we are proud to offer accommodation for various types of customers. We happy to see that you were satisfy about the cleanliness and the service offered by our staff. Thanks again for your comment, Your meininger team in London.

The hostel is great! I'd recommend it for anyone who is looking for a great location and clean rooms! The wi-fi is not the best, but this shouldn't be a problem! Lots of restaurants near by and Hide Park is also close!

Hi , Thank you very much for your review after your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear you had a great stay here at Meininger London. Hope to welcome you back to London again very soon! Cheers, Your Meininger team in London.

Very clean, tidy hostel. Very good enviroment and location. I would come back and I absolutely recommend this hostel even with children.

Hi there! Thank you very much for your lovely comment after your recent stay. It is nice to hear you had a terrific stay with us! We look forward to seeing you back again here at Meininger London. Best wishes, Your Meininger team in London.

Fantastic stay! Great location and helpful staff.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Hello there! Thank you very much for your comment after your recent stay at Meininger London. We are very delighted to hear you had a fabulous stay with us. We hope to see you again here in London. Best wishes, Your Meininger team in London.

absolutely the cleanest hostel I've been in within the London area, with a great location too. the atmosphere is more like a straightforward hotel then your normal hostel. no kitchen however. I ended up extending my stay here because it was so nice. some of the staff weren't all that friendly though.

Hello there, Thank you for you review after your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay in our company. We are sorry to hear that you found some staff were not as nice as others, and we will pass along your message to the team to rectify it. It's really nice to hear from you that you found the hostel super clean, we also pass along it to our housekeeping team. We hope to see you again! Your Meininger team in London.

Very clean and organized hostel. I totally indicate this hostel if you are coming with your family. If you are looking for a party place, this might not be the best place for you. Staff were great! karen and Julien were particulary helpful! The only two changes I would change: the bathroom size and the price of breakfast. It could be included in the total price somehow.

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts after your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay, and appreciated the service given by our staff. We look forward to seeing you again in London. Your Meininger team in London.

It was perfect for what I needed which was cheap accommodation for the weekend while attending a course. I stayed in the 8 room dorm which was fine (respectful, friendly girls) although the ensuite bathroom leaves a bit to be desired as the floor got soaked after a shower leaving it a bit yucky for the next one to use it. Luckily it was cleaned each day. The aircon unit was so noisy that we had to keep the windows open meaning that there was a lot of traffic noise - but heh, it is London.

• 26th Sep 2014

Hello there, Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review after your stay. We appreciate your fair review and we are glad to hear that overall you had a nice stay with us. We hope to see you again. Your Meininger team in London.

Beds were clean and comfy. Bathrooms were awful. Only stayed one night and so i skipped to shower. Definitely a lack of outlets in the room. Luggage storage was free the day I was leaving, which was really great. Staff was very nice, just wish they were a little more informative about my stay in London, since a lot of us are just traveling through. Oh, absolutely loved the location. I'd probably come back if I get a single room.

Hey, thank you for the review :) We looking forward to welcome you again here in London. Lovely greetings, your MEININGER Team

The staff was excellent! Anna at the front desk was extremely helpful! The locations was good with food and several museums within walking distance. The only two drawbacks that I encountered were the guest type and the bathrooms. The hostel seemed to be hosting some school trips when I was there so the typical hostel crowd was absent. The bathrooms were ok in general but the toilets seemed not to work a lot. Overall, I would recommend it.

Hello there, Thanks for your comment after your stay with us! We are really happy that you found one of our staff member very friendly and helpful. I am sure she will be happy to read your message. As you mentionned, we accommodate few school groups through the week but we tend to have more of a hostel vibe on the week ends. Many thanks for choosing Meininger! Your Meininger team in London.

The bathrooms were pretty cramped. Other then that the location to everything is awesome.

Hey Hey, thank you for the comment. We are really sorry you did not like our bathrooms :( nevertheless you enjoyed the location :) Kind regards, your MEININGER Team

smooth check-in, very clean room,efficient and friendly staff. recoended

thanks for the great feedback, we hope to see you again :)

Modern and well located. Very friendly staff.

Hi there, Many thanks for your comment after your recent stay! We are very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be passing along your feedback to the team here in London. We hope we see you again soon! Your Meininger team in London.

It is good, the only thing we didn't like was that the bathroom is very very small, but everything else was perfect.

hi there, we're glad you enjoyed your stay! we're planning a big bathroom refurbishment so next time you come and stay with us you can expect a brand new bathroom :)

I loved my stay here!!! Great price for a lovely hostel that is very central and easy to get to and from everywhere.

Hi there, Thank you for your awesome review! It's nice to hear you had a terrific stay with us. We hope to see you again in London really soon. Your Meininger team in London.