MEININGER London Hyde Park Reviews

at Baden Powell House, 65-67 Queen's Gate, London, England

The shower/bathroom wasn't the cleanest but the rest of the room and the hostel were very clean

Dear guest, we really appreciate your honest feedback! Your Meininger team

I live outside of London so I often come in for the weekends. I do not require much from the hostels that I stay at, but it was definitely a very knowledgeable staff- very welcoming and helpful when I did have questions. Good location for some great museums. I will be staying here again.

Dear, thank you for your feedback! See you again soon.Cheers from Meininger London

A good stay at a decent hostel. The staff were very competent, efficient and friendly and the location is very good. Having stayed at Meininger hostels in Berlin and Germany, it was a bit disappointing that the room, especially the bathroom, at the Hyde Park hostel was dated and extremely small (although I appreciate space is at a premium in London!).

Thank you for your comment! Hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, Meininger London

Had a really lovely stay. Staff were really friendly, we got a free upgrade on breakfast because it was my birthday. Onsite parking. Will be back!

• 1st Feb 2014

Hi there, We're glad that you enjoyed spending your birthday in our hostel and are looking forward to seeing you again! Your Meininger Team

Good and solid hostel, very central.

Hi there, thank you for your comment! We really appreciate it and we hope to see you soon. Kind regards from Meininger London

I'd booked an 8-bed room and was placed in a 4-bed room, which was great because it was quieter and I was less concerned about security. The bathrooms were great - finally a hostel with individual bathrooms/showers rather than a big room with a bunch of stalls. However, I would have liked to have a quiet sort of lounge place to hang out... they only really had the lobby, which was very crowded and loud most of the day, especially since the building hosts a whole number of activities daily.

Dear guest, thank you for your positive feedback regarding our rooms. We also have a lounge area on the 1st floor by the breakfast room which is open during all day with some couches and wifi access as well. Its definitely more quiet than the one in the ground floor :-) Greetings from Meininger London

had a perfect stay ! so close to the city, only a two minute walk from earl's court stations. the rooms were okay aswell, i mean for the price i payed it was amazing. it was all pretty clean aswell. the best thing was definitely the staff, they were so lovely and fun to talk to whenever you left/entered the hotel. i would definitely recommend this hotel if you care more about the location than the actual room. i am surely going to come back soon !

• 23rd Jan 2014

Dear guest thank you for your comment! We are also happy with our amazing location and it's very pleasant to hear that our staff really makes the guests feel at home. Hope to see you in your next travel to London. Cheers from Meininger London

very friendly staff, best location ever

• 18th Jan 2014
  • Russia

Thank you for your good feedback! And don't forget to mention your previous reservation when you book through our Meininger webpage, you will have a 5%off on accomodation and breakfast. Cheers from Meininger London

I will say that the hostel is an excellent structure, I slept in a dormitory with 12 beds. The room was great for space and comfort the only thing a bit unpleasant was the bathroom, too small, otherwise ok. The breakfast was excellent. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to visit the city.

Thank you for your honest feedback! Greetings from you Meininger team!

Not good value when there is no breakfast and no wifi upstairs. Also, I paid over 20 pounds when booking then found the prices had dropped to 13 pounds before getting there. I should have cancelled and rebooked as the hostel was not interested in just charging the decreased amount when I arrived.

Enjoyed my stay here. Staff were good. Would have liked a place to pray/quiet area, which I eventually got from the connecting conference place. Would definately stay here again. Also would have like to have known beforehand that I could bring a padlock for the lockers. Very friendly, laid back atmosphere.

• 5th Jan 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for your comment! We will be glad to welcome you again at Meininger. Cheers from all our team

Wifi in the room was weak but still fine.

Thank you for leaving your comment Adam! Our wifi signal is not always on its best performance. We are aware of this problem and are working on it to get it better in the future. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay, maybe see you again some other time! Kind regards Meininger

This hostel has a brilliant location, in walking distance to the hyde park and close to the center. I stayed 3 nights in a 12 bed mixed dorm and it was clean and nice, so nothing to complain about. I would defenitely recommend it.

Thank you for such a lovely comment! We are very happy with our location as well:) Please don't hesitate to visit any other Meininger in Europe, see you soon! Warm regards Meininger London

The best solution for a cheap and relaxing holiday in London!

• 1st Jan 2014

Thanks Andrea, see you again:)

I think the Night staff was terrible as she took over 10mins to open the door at night!.

• 1st Jan 2014

Hi there, Thank you for leaving a helpful comment. Due to security reasons we can't leave the doors open at all times but we are working on a better solution. Hope you enjoyed your stay after all and wish you a lovely day! Kind regards, Meininger London

It was an excellent place with nice staff who were aways helpful; the facilities were great.

• 28th Dec 2013
  • Mexico

Expensive for a twelve bed dorm, but perhaps only due to the time of year (over new year and the first week of January). Bathrooms got quite dirty, not sure how regularly they were cleaned but this would only depend on the cleanliness of your dorm-mates. Otherwise an acceptable hostel.

• 27th Dec 2013

Hi there, Thank you for leaving such a nice comment. You are right, prices during Christmas and New Years are quite higher than normal. Please try the low season some time:) All our rooms and bathrooms are cleaned daily, shared showers on the corridors twice a day. We hope you enjoyed your stay here and like to inform you we have many other Meiningers around Europe:) Have a nice day! Warm regards, Meininger London

The rooms are clean and okay and the staff is friendly. But the en-suite bathrooms are tiny and you can literally touch all 4 walls sitting on the toilet. So of course the bathroom is a mess when you’re the last one to shower and if you’re the first one you’ll wake up everyone bec. of paper thin walls. Another thing is, that there is only one big lamp on the ceiling, no individual lights beside the beds & no curtains on the beds. So if you can’t sleep with light on, better bring a sleeping mask!

• 21st Dec 2013

Hi, Thank you for leaving your comment here! We agree our bathrooms are very small but also multifunctional, brushing teeth and going to the toilet at the same time, all is possible! :) Most of our rooms are equipped with individual lights now but we also have small clip on lights to rent at reception, maybe for next time! Kind regards, Meininger London

Always pleasant staff, secure drawers for belongings and always have "those things you forgot" for you to purchase, my only down point is the bunks are bit short for my 6ft self :)

• 10th Dec 2013
  • Wales

Hi, Thank you for such a nice comment. As we are travellers our selves, we know how frustrating it can be to forget those essential products...:) Hope to see you again at Meininger!

Decent location, short walk to the tube and Harrods just down the road. Staff were nice and approachable. Good place to sit down and use the wifi or listen to music and read. Room and bathroom were clean throughout my stay. Loved the big lift!