MEININGER London Hyde Park Reviews

at Baden Powell House, 65-67 Queen's Gate, London, England

I did have a slight hiccup when I was here this time round with my booking, however I e-mailed head office in Germany whom sorted it out very nicely for me (and promptly). Since the problem has been sorted out , I don't want to bad-mouth anyone! Still a good hostel, clean, good location , great value for money especially when you can get the room below £15...

Hey, we aplogize again for the inconveniences with your booking!!! But still thanks for the honest comment :) Kind regards, Your M team

The bus stop outside can get you to Oxford St in about 15min in good traffic, very pleasant area with nice staff. Rooms are spacious and clean (one of the cleanest hostels in my opinion). The bathrooms are small but spacious shower. Wifi in the rooms is a good plus and the rooms are bright. When you can get this hostel 'cheap' it's very good value for money. I was happy with my stay here...

Hey, wow thanks you so much for the review and the high ranking. See you soon, your M team

Near enough to the city(it is in the bike sharing area so very in the heart), very cheap and a place to put your luggage in. Good for the price :)

Hey, thanks for the review! True - almost everything is walkable from our hotel :) Join us on Facebook, your M team

My third time staying at this hostel. The price and location are simply the best in London. For solo travelers it's not really the best hostel to meet people though.

Hey hey, waiting for the 4th time to welcome you here :) Your M team

breakfast is not included but the hostel is really clean and has comfortable rooms.

Hey, we offer an all you can eat and all you can drink breakfast for £5,90. Which is I think a good deal for this area :) Nevertheless I hope you enjoyed our stay wit us. Your M team

Haven't found a hostel that beats this place yet in terms of comfort, facilities and location. And it has the feel of a decent hotel. Top marks!

It's worth the money. Friendly and helpful staff.

• 15th Oct 2013

Very loud group of Polish men came in the middle of the night with no regards to the other guests. In the morning they kept on talking very loudly. Lucky I only stayed one night with them. But the hotel is good. Great location.

Dear guest, please report this the next time to our reception!!! Hope to see you again, your M team

Cleanest hostel I've yet to stay in. Good for your money!

• 13th Oct 2013

Hey Hey!!! Thanks for the review!!! Join us on Facebook! Cheers, your M team

The sixth floor doesn't have any heating or air conditioning, nor does the sink in the communal bathroom have any hot water, which could be harsh as the weather gets colder. The bathrooms could be much cleaner, especially concerning the feminine products. The breakfast costs just under six pounds, but the selection consists of just toast and cereal. On a brighter note, the hostel is in a great location being just a few stops away from central London.

• 13th Oct 2013

It's very inconvenient to not be able to use hair dryer in the bathroom. There are no electrical outlet in the bathroom except one for shaver. Also for a room with eight girls, one bathroom isn't enough.

• 12th Oct 2013
  • Taiwan

Dear Guest, thanks for your comment! It is unfortunate that eight girls have to share one bathroom, but you booked the female dormitory. we have other options available for people if they would like to share their dormitory with less people, or even can get a private room. Hopefully when we see you again we might be able to allocate you to a room more to your staisfaction. Kind regards - your M team

A little disorganized (kept changing my room around day to day), but apart from that, a very good hostel. Though try and avoid it there Saturday night (they jack the prices way up then).

Hey, we are sorry that you have to change the room, but we have also groups in our house and they always have to be on the same floor. Nevertheless, thanks for your nice comment and hope to see you soon in one of our Meiningers! Your M team

Perfect hostel ever, bed is so comfortable and clean! But there is only a microwave in the kitchen, you cannot cook at all, but microwave is all I need, I have no complaint with my stay!

best hotel ever, strongly recommended

Dear guest, THANK YOU for the nice comment :) Join us on Facebook!!! Hope to see you soon again here in London, Your M Team

A solid hostel overall, but the staff could be a little more friendly. I arrived late and asked where to find food and they pointed me to vending machines, not very helpful. Other than that, the location was great, breakfast was solid and the people were pretty chill

Hey, thanks for the review! Sorry that our Service was disappointing for you :( but we do better the next time :) Still, hope to see you again! Your M team

I stayed at Meninger hostel for one night only and my short stay was nice there. The hostel is clean and rather quiet and the staff looks nice and helpful. I recommend this hostel!

Hey, thanks a lot for your comment!!! Hope to see you soon again in London - Your M team

Great place to stay would stay again! Rooms and bathrooms were very clean!

Hey, nice to hear that you liked staying with us! Visit us soon again, or maybe one of our other M houses :) Cheers, your M team

The Meininger hostel is in a great location across from the Natural History & Science Museum. The staff are friendly and the rooms are clean. It's a great hostel if your looking to sightsee/visit London.

Meiningers was the best hostel I stayed in throughout my four month trip of Europe. The rooms were large and spacious, location was amazing, staff were friendly, always helpful and made me feel very welcome in London! You're literally across the road from the Natural History Museum, and extremely close to The Science Museum, Hyde Park and Victoria

• 1st Oct 2013

Hey Hey :) Thanks for the nice comment!!! Hope to see you soon again! Join us on Facebook, there you will find the pics from our Guestevent! Have fun back home, your M team

The staff were very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. My one grievance was the smaller rooms on the 6th floor. I stayed in two different rooms (4 and 12 people) and found the 4 man room to be very uncomfortable. It was crowded, no secure storage space and at night even in September the room was unbearably hot even with the window open. My mattress was also quite blood stained. The 12 man room was thankfully larger, air-conditioned and had two bathrooms within.

Dear guest, thanks for your comment! We are very sorry that you did not feel confortable in our basic dormitory :( We offer lockers also in our reception area, where you can get anytime a key for it! Kind regards, M - team