MEININGER London Hyde Park Reviews

at Baden Powell House, 65-67 Queen's Gate, London, England

The location is good and the building is nice. However, there were stray hairs on my bedding and the bathrooms in the room were small and not very clean. Also, because of poor weather, my travel into London was delayed a day, but I was told I would be charged for the first night even when I couldn't make it. I understand the need for a policy like that, but frustrating that no exceptions were made when the circumstances were beyond my control. A total of £35 for one night? Not worth it.

Hi, Thanks for leaving your comment here! We are sorry to hear your room wasn't properly cleaned when you arrived. We strive to get that better next time. As a hotel we are unfortunately not able to take all the circumstances into consideration that our guests encounter whilst traveling as they are out of our control too. This is where travel insurances step in and we would like to advise you to get one of these next time. Have a nice day!!

Clean and easy. They were very accommodating with me leaving luggage there a day early and with a late-night check-in. Great value for money when you book well in advance.

Thank you so much for the good rating :) hope to see you soon again here, your M team

If hostel has kitchen for cooking, it's convenient.

Thanks for your helpful comment! We would love to have a guest kitchen and hope to achieve this in the future:) Have a nice day! Meininger London

Very nice and cosy hostel. Could have more facilities in the kitchen

• 3rd Dec 2013
  • Portugal

Hi, Thanks for commenting here! Unfortunately we don't have a kitchen for guests at all but maybe in the future:) Have a wonderful day! Warm regards Meininger

Really enjoyed my stay here. It is right next door to the natural history museum, down the road from a tube station (which has a line direct to Heathrow) and has awesome staff (Justin the kiwi and the lovely girl from Vienna)! The bathrooms are extremely small and collect hair better than a psycho killer however are generally clean (depend who you follow after). What it lacks in intimacy and cosiness it makes up in for reasonable price and sweet location.

My experience at the hostel was pleasant. The staff was friendly, helpful,accommodating during my stay. After staying at many hostels in the UK this hostel was certainly the best thus far. There was a quiet and relaxing atmosphere overall, and the building itself was very secure The location of the hostel was minutes away from great museums, the tube, and only a short distance away from a great bakery. The only downside was the slightly unclean restrooms but my experience was good overall.

• 29th Nov 2013

Wow - thanks for the good rating!!! Please join us on Facebook :) Cheers, your M team

A good clean and catering moved into the communial area would help.

Hi, Thank you for your helpful comment! We are not sure what you mean with catering in the communal area? Our communal area is mostly considered our lobby since we have plenty of seats and serve drinks and snacks here as well. Our hotel is cleaned daily and all rooms are cleaned every morning and early afternoon. In case of anything still dirty, we appreciate the information during your stay so we can help and fix it. Sometimes dirty room-mates don't help either:) Regards,M

The hostel is located in a really great part of the city the metro (south Kensington) is super easy to get to and will take you anywhere a tourist would go. The hostel is located in a nice building and has a decent lounge with a bar and seating but there are not many people my age to talk to. If you are 18-25 looking to have a good time This is not a place to meet people. The internet really sucked couldn't do any thing at all. The worst was bathrooms they only cleaned once over 5 days horrible.

• 19th Nov 2013

Thank you for the comment...sorry for the problems with the bathrooms, but our Housekeeping cleans them everyday, just report it to reception next time :) Hope to see you again, your M team

Everything all right. Clean and cute enviroment. If I have to say anything that was not Ok maybe it would be an unpolite worker that was in te reception during the night. The best thing: toilets really cleaned. The worst thing: none security for my luggage (the cupborad where I kept my baggage couldn't be locked. And the room where I kept my suitcase after check out... Everybody's cases were all together. Too easy to be stolen)

• 17th Nov 2013
  • Spain

Hey - thanks a lot for the nice comment! You can rent a padlock at reception for £5 deposit. And we also have small lockers at reception where you can store your personal things. Just let us know the next time...cheers your M team

I stayed in a 12-person room with a small bathroom. The shower space was tiny, the smallest I've seen in a hostel. But the rest was fine. 24-hour reception with very friendly staff.

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Portugal

Hey - thanks for your comment. Yep our bathrooms are small, but cozy "hahaha", but in this case we have 2 bathroomsin our 12 Bed Dorms...Hope to see you soon, cheers your M team

Apart from the female member of staff at night who sort of looked annoyed and placed my 2nd cup of water at the other side of the desk because i asked for a 2nd one if possible as the cup was so tiny. It was good. On floor 6 was a noise that started about 6am like a motorbike starting up over and over every 10 seconds but stopped on sunday and monday so i'm not sure what that was, it was near the lift anyway. Internet didn't really work on the 6th floor or the ground floor but did on the 1st.

The staff are excelent, beds are ok, one pillow, Bathrooms are TERRIBLE, tiles missing in toilet,Dirty showers/toilets, Excellent location. A little more attention to cleaning would make the staff a great hostel!

Hi, Thank you for leaving a comment here! Next time you encounter a dirty shower or toilet, please let us know so we can fix that for you. Our bathrooms and showers are cleaned twice a day but sometimes messy dorm guests don't keep it that clean. Maybe next time try a private room! :) We are happy to hear that despite the bathrooms you seemed to have enjoyed your stay here. Warm regards, Meininger London

Bathroom felt like I was on a plane and got crazy dirty really easy. The shower was horrendous: it was either scoulding hot or ice cold. Place had zero atmosphere but was secure and was decently located if you just wanted to catch an early tube to Heathrow. It has a small book exchange and very expensive Internet terminals. Hostel is mostly occupied by small children/scouts, which is concerning if you did not know and were terrified by small children.

I liked the place overall, however, bathroom is so small, and shower does not work well (water pressure is really low, temperature does not change well, like too hot or not hot at all). We could not use it early morning like 7-9 cuz it's inside the room And we don't wanted to let ppl wake up. but overall it's alright

Hi there, Thank you for your helpful comment! We are sure that people choosing to sleep in dorms are pretty used to waking up now and then so don't let that stop you next time:) Otherwise choose one of our basic dorms where you can use the showers on the corridors! Hope you enjoyed your stay here despite the showers and maybe see you again in one of our Meininger hotels! Cheers, Meininger London

I had a great stay at the Meininger. Rooms were quite big and spacious, which made me feel very comfortable in a room with 8 beds. The location is great, close to the tube and neaby attractions like hyde park and natural history museum (which happen to be free of charge) . Staff was helpful and polite. Unfortunately the drawers below the beds could not be properly locked. I recommend this place and would stay there again.

Hey, Thanks for the nice review. We are really sorry for the drawers, but we hav also at reception small lockers, which you can rent. We ask a £5 deposit for the key. So the next time just ask us :) See you soon, your M yeam

Close to the tube station. Maybe about 15-20mins into the Soho area, which isn't too bad. The bathroom in my room was pretty tiny and got water all over the floor and into the bedroom also... The shower curtain wasn't very effective. Wifi in the rooms is great, beds are comfy. Not a party type hostel.

Hey, thanks a lot for the nice comment. Yep our bathrooms are a bit small, but where else you can use the toilet, wash your feet and brush your teeth an the same time - just in our house *haha* Hope to see you soon, your M team

Excellent hostel, very well located, good value for money and competent staff, well what could you say !! Oh yes, please change your mattresses and pilows. Excellent breakfast. A good place to stay.

Thanks for the comment! And yes our matresses will be changed soon :) So the next time you will feel more confy :) See you, Your M team

Justin was great! He was very helpful and fun to talk to while leaving for the day. He had great suggestions of what to do. Was unaware that it is not a "youth hostel" wish that had been advertised. Bathrooms resembled airplane bathrooms, not very comfortable.

• 1st Nov 2013

Hey hey - thanks for the nice comment!!! Nice greets from Justin :) Cheers, your M team

This hostel felt like a hotel. The staff was not relaxed as other hostels. There was no laundry service, no kitchen, aren't those the basics to call yourself a hostel? The lounge had a cold atmosphere. There is no way that you get to talk to another traveller by those seperate benches. It also felt like a lot of families were staying at the hostel instead of fellow travelers.

Hey, thank you for your honest comment. We are a mix of a hotel and a hostel, that means we welcome backpackers, groups, families and business travellers. We have a laundry room, with a washing machine and a dryer. Nevertheless thank you a lot for yhe comment :) Your M team

JUst missing for us a place to park our cars

• 1st Nov 2013

Dear Guest, please the nect time ask at reception we can give you some informations about the parking garages in our area. Kind regards, your M team