MEININGER London Hyde Park Reviews

at Baden Powell House, 65-67 Queen's Gate, London, England

Enjoyed my stay here. Staff were good. Would have liked a place to pray/quiet area, which I eventually got from the connecting conference place. Would definately stay here again. Also would have like to have known beforehand that I could bring a padlock for the lockers. Very friendly, laid back atmosphere.

• 5th Jan 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for your comment! We will be glad to welcome you again at Meininger. Cheers from all our team

Wifi in the room was weak but still fine.

Thank you for leaving your comment Adam! Our wifi signal is not always on its best performance. We are aware of this problem and are working on it to get it better in the future. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay, maybe see you again some other time! Kind regards Meininger

This hostel has a brilliant location, in walking distance to the hyde park and close to the center. I stayed 3 nights in a 12 bed mixed dorm and it was clean and nice, so nothing to complain about. I would defenitely recommend it.

Thank you for such a lovely comment! We are very happy with our location as well:) Please don't hesitate to visit any other Meininger in Europe, see you soon! Warm regards Meininger London

The best solution for a cheap and relaxing holiday in London!

• 1st Jan 2014

Thanks Andrea, see you again:)

I think the Night staff was terrible as she took over 10mins to open the door at night!.

• 1st Jan 2014

Hi there, Thank you for leaving a helpful comment. Due to security reasons we can't leave the doors open at all times but we are working on a better solution. Hope you enjoyed your stay after all and wish you a lovely day! Kind regards, Meininger London

It was an excellent place with nice staff who were aways helpful; the facilities were great.

• 28th Dec 2013
  • Mexico

Expensive for a twelve bed dorm, but perhaps only due to the time of year (over new year and the first week of January). Bathrooms got quite dirty, not sure how regularly they were cleaned but this would only depend on the cleanliness of your dorm-mates. Otherwise an acceptable hostel.

• 27th Dec 2013

Hi there, Thank you for leaving such a nice comment. You are right, prices during Christmas and New Years are quite higher than normal. Please try the low season some time:) All our rooms and bathrooms are cleaned daily, shared showers on the corridors twice a day. We hope you enjoyed your stay here and like to inform you we have many other Meiningers around Europe:) Have a nice day! Warm regards, Meininger London

The rooms are clean and okay and the staff is friendly. But the en-suite bathrooms are tiny and you can literally touch all 4 walls sitting on the toilet. So of course the bathroom is a mess when you’re the last one to shower and if you’re the first one you’ll wake up everyone bec. of paper thin walls. Another thing is, that there is only one big lamp on the ceiling, no individual lights beside the beds & no curtains on the beds. So if you can’t sleep with light on, better bring a sleeping mask!

• 21st Dec 2013

Hi, Thank you for leaving your comment here! We agree our bathrooms are very small but also multifunctional, brushing teeth and going to the toilet at the same time, all is possible! :) Most of our rooms are equipped with individual lights now but we also have small clip on lights to rent at reception, maybe for next time! Kind regards, Meininger London

Always pleasant staff, secure drawers for belongings and always have "those things you forgot" for you to purchase, my only down point is the bunks are bit short for my 6ft self :)

• 10th Dec 2013
  • Wales

Hi, Thank you for such a nice comment. As we are travellers our selves, we know how frustrating it can be to forget those essential products...:) Hope to see you again at Meininger!

Decent location, short walk to the tube and Harrods just down the road. Staff were nice and approachable. Good place to sit down and use the wifi or listen to music and read. Room and bathroom were clean throughout my stay. Loved the big lift!

The location is good and the building is nice. However, there were stray hairs on my bedding and the bathrooms in the room were small and not very clean. Also, because of poor weather, my travel into London was delayed a day, but I was told I would be charged for the first night even when I couldn't make it. I understand the need for a policy like that, but frustrating that no exceptions were made when the circumstances were beyond my control. A total of £35 for one night? Not worth it.

Hi, Thanks for leaving your comment here! We are sorry to hear your room wasn't properly cleaned when you arrived. We strive to get that better next time. As a hotel we are unfortunately not able to take all the circumstances into consideration that our guests encounter whilst traveling as they are out of our control too. This is where travel insurances step in and we would like to advise you to get one of these next time. Have a nice day!!

Clean and easy. They were very accommodating with me leaving luggage there a day early and with a late-night check-in. Great value for money when you book well in advance.

Thank you so much for the good rating :) hope to see you soon again here, your M team

If hostel has kitchen for cooking, it's convenient.

Thanks for your helpful comment! We would love to have a guest kitchen and hope to achieve this in the future:) Have a nice day! Meininger London

Very nice and cosy hostel. Could have more facilities in the kitchen

• 3rd Dec 2013
  • Portugal

Hi, Thanks for commenting here! Unfortunately we don't have a kitchen for guests at all but maybe in the future:) Have a wonderful day! Warm regards Meininger

Really enjoyed my stay here. It is right next door to the natural history museum, down the road from a tube station (which has a line direct to Heathrow) and has awesome staff (Justin the kiwi and the lovely girl from Vienna)! The bathrooms are extremely small and collect hair better than a psycho killer however are generally clean (depend who you follow after). What it lacks in intimacy and cosiness it makes up in for reasonable price and sweet location.

My experience at the hostel was pleasant. The staff was friendly, helpful,accommodating during my stay. After staying at many hostels in the UK this hostel was certainly the best thus far. There was a quiet and relaxing atmosphere overall, and the building itself was very secure The location of the hostel was minutes away from great museums, the tube, and only a short distance away from a great bakery. The only downside was the slightly unclean restrooms but my experience was good overall.

• 29th Nov 2013

Wow - thanks for the good rating!!! Please join us on Facebook :) Cheers, your M team

A good clean and catering moved into the communial area would help.

Hi, Thank you for your helpful comment! We are not sure what you mean with catering in the communal area? Our communal area is mostly considered our lobby since we have plenty of seats and serve drinks and snacks here as well. Our hotel is cleaned daily and all rooms are cleaned every morning and early afternoon. In case of anything still dirty, we appreciate the information during your stay so we can help and fix it. Sometimes dirty room-mates don't help either:) Regards,M

The hostel is located in a really great part of the city the metro (south Kensington) is super easy to get to and will take you anywhere a tourist would go. The hostel is located in a nice building and has a decent lounge with a bar and seating but there are not many people my age to talk to. If you are 18-25 looking to have a good time This is not a place to meet people. The internet really sucked couldn't do any thing at all. The worst was bathrooms they only cleaned once over 5 days horrible.

• 19th Nov 2013

Thank you for the comment...sorry for the problems with the bathrooms, but our Housekeeping cleans them everyday, just report it to reception next time :) Hope to see you again, your M team

Everything all right. Clean and cute enviroment. If I have to say anything that was not Ok maybe it would be an unpolite worker that was in te reception during the night. The best thing: toilets really cleaned. The worst thing: none security for my luggage (the cupborad where I kept my baggage couldn't be locked. And the room where I kept my suitcase after check out... Everybody's cases were all together. Too easy to be stolen)

• 17th Nov 2013
  • Spain

Hey - thanks a lot for the nice comment! You can rent a padlock at reception for £5 deposit. And we also have small lockers at reception where you can store your personal things. Just let us know the next time...cheers your M team

I stayed in a 12-person room with a small bathroom. The shower space was tiny, the smallest I've seen in a hostel. But the rest was fine. 24-hour reception with very friendly staff.

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Portugal

Hey - thanks for your comment. Yep our bathrooms are small, but cozy "hahaha", but in this case we have 2 bathroomsin our 12 Bed Dorms...Hope to see you soon, cheers your M team