MEININGER London Hyde Park Reviews

at Baden Powell House, 65-67 Queen's Gate, London, England

No kitchen! Not enough showers.The 4 bed dorms are too tiny with no lockers.No air con and you can hear the traffic from your window :( Excellent location though.

Dear Guest, we are sorry that we do not have a guest kitchen, but we have in our breakfast area a microwave and cutlery you could use. We have in every room lockers and also at the reception we have some small lockers!!! Nevertheless we are very sorry. Kind regards, your M team

I chose this hostel because of the wonderful location next to the Natural History Museum. Great location in the centre near bus stop, underground and supermarkets is bought off by little bit noise from traffic. But windows are almost soundproof. I was very positively surprised by kind, friendly and understanding staff. I particularly appreciate, that we could use the luggage room even after check-out. Dorms were clean and comfortable. So I really enjoyed my stay there.

• 23rd Aug 2013
  • Czech Republic

Hey hey, THANK YOU for the really nice comment! Please join us on Facebook, so you can get the newest Meininger information about our new projects :) See you soon, your M team

Toilet and shower are uncomfortable because it's too small. However excpet that, Everything is perfect. Room is clean and comfortable. Especially Staffs are very kind. I'm really satisfied.

• 22nd Aug 2013
  • South Korea

very very good hostel....excellent location,clean. I have only good words to say !!!!

Dear guest, thanks a lot for the nice words. Hopefully we will meet again!!! Your M Team

I got abit shock when I saw the room inside.as it's not the same in the photos on your web site.And the upper bunk beds weren't made.Additional to this,the baths in the room were too small.However all the other things were good.And we enjoyed our trip and stay in London and also in your hotel.Thank you very much.

• 18th Aug 2013
  • Turkey

Hey hey, shock? We are very sorry for that! Anyway it is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Join us on Facebook!!! See you, your M team

Staff are very rude and unhelpful especially one lady who usually works at night. They help to create an uneasy atmosphere. Also the wifi does not work and the staff look at you as if you have two heads when you complain. Stayed forn2 weeks and bed sheets were not cleaned once

• 18th Aug 2013

I have stayed in a lot of hostels, and this is by far one of the nicest with regards to facilities. My wife and I were able to store our luggage in the luggage room for three days, with access long after we checked out on the day of our departure. The free WiFi was strong both in the lobby and in our room. One point to make is that the "ensuite" bathrooms are quite small (picture a fiberglass closet with a toilet, sink and shower, all-in-one), so there is no room for luxury. Location's great!

• 15th Aug 2013

Everything was good except the shower that is not clean.

This place was great. It was a great location and had really nice staff. The elevator was terrible, but everything else was great.

Hello, *haha* sorry for the elevator situation! But thank you a lot for the nice comment. Hope to see you soon in one of our Meininger!!! Cheers, M team

The staff were very friendly, the location neext to Hyde Park is ideal for touring Central London, Museums, Buckingham palace, shopping tours etc. The price is extremely generous considering the location. I would stay in Meininger hostels again

• 15th Aug 2013

Wow nice to hear that you will stay with us again!!! Join us on Facebook, there you will find interesting news about us. See you, M team

Very filthy dirty. No one makes the beds. My bed didn't have enough sheets. The "pod" bathroom does not work for women! for example if someone showers, no one can use the toilet. So you have it worse than 1 toilet and 1 standalone shower. In a room of 6 or 8 women, this leads to insanity. When I finally got in the toilet/shower pod, it was disgustingly dirty. Never going back. Not to mention, I think for the money they should at least make the beds, I'm not the maid here!

First THANK YOU on reviewing our Hostel. Second we have to apologize that you did not feel confy in our Hostel. Anyway, we have a 24/7 reception, please let us know the next time if there are any proplems. We really try to solve it immediately!!! Nevertheless thank you for staying with us, and again sorry!!! M team

Very clean and very central hostel.i recommend everyone.

Hey, nice that you made a coment on our Hostel. Join us on Facebook!!! See you there, M team

The hostel is in a great location and the dorm was very clean. The en-suite toilet and shower room was very small, but adequate, and there were lockable drawers under the beds (although the reception had run out of padlocks). The luggage room was available even after I checked out, and was only accessible using a key from reception, for people who'd stored luggage there.

• 8th Aug 2013

One of The Best Location in London, close to many attraction, Especially 3 minutes walks from Tube. Very clean and new room, value for money, Recommend!!!

The bathroom is really small

Meininger Hostels are a firm favorite now. It's one of a couple if places I look for when book online.

Room was clean, staff was really friendly, Everything was great except one thing. It is better to have guest kitchen there..Then I can have my own food.....Hmm..anyway I didn't mind though. Thank u for having me!

Thank you so much for you nice comment and the great rating :) We are sorry for the guest kitchen problem, but we have a microwave in our breakfast room for the next time :) Greetings from London - M team

Good location, but poor and not friendly staff. Not much place, but it's all over London like this.”

Near Metro, airport and road. Noisy at night as it is next to a main road. But close to restaurants and supermarket, which is a nice choice if you wear an ear plug at night or if you don't mind traffic noise. The washrooms and shower rooms are in rooms only, which can be a bit dirty after a few people using. Only 1 washing and drying machine, but it is rather inexpensive compare to other hostels, hence I have washed my clothes twice during my stays.

Hey - uh this area can be very busy, but you are in the center of London :) Still, thanks on reviewing us, and hope to welcome you again here! Cheers - M team

Fairly good for the price. Air condition would be needed during the summer. Unfortunately it's located next to a busy road, but if you do London you should be tired enought to fall asleep anyway. It's probably time to change matresses... it was well used. Toilets and showers are really tiny. but.... it's still fairly good and it feelt fresh compared to many other places in London.

Thank you for reviewing us! Greetings from London - M Team