MEININGER London Hyde Park Reviews

at Baden Powell House, 65-67 Queen's Gate, London, England

Very good location and facilities but WiFi connection tends to be unstable

It was the weekend after I finished my exams and I booked the room as part of a 12 bedroom sharing scheme. I was surprised when I was placed in a single bedroom with my own bathroom which was truly amazing. Everything was tip top from check in to check out. And the luggage facility made it possible for us to enjoy our last day even after checking out.

• 29th Jan 2016
  • Palestine

I really enjoyed my stay. I had two really great night sleeps and I had everything I needed. The location was perfect for where I needed to be! Thank you so much!

• 29th Jan 2016

sometimes the light of all bathrooms on 6th floor was off and I didn't feel comfortable. the shower didn't work two times (no water coming out) and I felt really disappointed.

• 27th Jan 2016

Very good location, new and clean facilities, helpful staff.

Although I was sleeping in 8beds room it was very pleasant to sleep here, partly because of decent co-guests. The only thing which was rather spoiling good atmosphere was a noise, probably caused by windows, which seem to be in rather bad condition.

Possibly one of the best hostels i've ever stayed in. The rooms were very clean, the washing facilities made my life so much easier. Loved having the lounge to go and sit in and use the wifi. My only criticisms is the lack of space in the room to put your suitcase and the wifi not working so well in the rooms themselves, and the school kids running around screaming on occasion. But overall i'd definitely come again.

Fantastic hostel.

• 22nd Jan 2016

Despite booking into a 12 bed dorm, I was placed in a 4 bed dorm, which was a nice surprise. The beds were comfortable, and the room had a sink in it, although it could have done with more electrical sockets. The bathrooms weren't the cleanest and were very cramped for space. There was also no kitchen, which was advised, however it would have been a welcome addition. I failed to connect to the internet the whole time I was there. Excellent location and overall happy with my stay.

• 15th Jan 2016

Dear Guest, We thank you for the lovely Review! we appreciate you telling us our experience with us and the feedback has been received succesfully. about the room. at the moment we are undergoing refurbishments and hope by this year to have done all the rooms. wifi is another point we will have to look into. we thank you again and hope to welcome you back soon! Kind Regards, Your Meininger Team.

6th floor dormitory room. I stayed in 2nd floor bed, and it was so hard to use the plug.(electricity) because it was hide behind the bed and I had to move the bed to use it. I lost my things and they first suspected other guests in the dormitory, which made me feel so bad. Even though it's cheap and dormitory rooms, they should have some manner to apologize for their customer's loss.

Good Location and clean room. But, Wi-Fi is very slow. I couldn't use the Wi-Fi. 역에서 가깝고 바로 옆에 박물관과 갤러리, 하이드 파크가 있어서 산책하기에도 보러 다니기에도 좋았습니다. 걸어서 7분거리에 사우스 켄싱턴 역이 있어서 어디든 다니기 편합니다. 방은 깨끗한 편이였고, 샤워부스도 좋았습니다. 다만 와이파이가 좀 느린 편이에요. 카톡 확인 안되고 다른 SNS도 연결이 힘듭니다. 연락이나 SNS상관없이 다니는 분들은 별 불편함 못 느끼시겠지만, 중요하게 여기시는 분들은 참고하세요. (3유심을 사시는게 좋을지도…)

• 12th Jan 2016
  • South Korea

I have stayed here a number of times, and generally the experience has been good. I very much like the dorm rooms actually shown in the picture, which are spacious, with quality wooden bunk beds. Unfortunately on my last visit I was put in a tiny dorm room which smelt nasty, and had cheap metal bunk beds. It was a big disappointment - I think it needs to be clear when booking what type of room is being provided. There are lots of of hostels in London with small cramped rooms and metal bunks !

• 11th Jan 2016

Pleasant experience. Bathroom was a bit dirty. Right across the street from a lot of museums and close to an underground station. Not super close into town but very easy to get there.

• 11th Jan 2016

Dear Guest, Thank you for giving us your review! we apologise for any inconveniences and would love to welcome you back again soon to exceed your expectations! Kind Regards, Your Meininger Team.

It was great to have the luggage room, as we were early for check-in and still wanted to see a bit of the city. The staff was nice and approachable. We stayed in one of the 8-bed female rooms; it was clean and tidy when we arrived. The bathroom facilities were also clean and worked just fine. There was a café/restaurant downstairs on the ground level, but we never went there. There were plenty of places in the surrounding area to eat too. Great location for a short stay.

Dear Guest, we thank you for the amazing review! we are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. we would like to welcome you back again soon for another great stay! maybe this time a bit longer even! Kind Regards, Your Meininger Team.

Some staff were rude and dismissive, toilets and showers were dirty and more than half of these facilities were out of order for the 3-4 days we were there. The sanitary bins were overflowing a few times in a few locations on the same floor, i.e. Toilets not cleaned or checked enough. The wireless internet was a big problem, seemed to be for lots of people, not just us. The vibe in the lobby wasn't fun like many other hostels. Still good location though.

Dear Guest, We appreciate your feedback given to us. with this we can work. there are a few things pointed out that will be looked into directly like the facilities that were out of order. we sincerely apologize for this. we still hope you had a good stay in london and enjoyed your time. we hope we can welcome you back again soon to exceed your expectations and give you a better stay then the previous one! Kind Regards, Your Meininger Team.

Per me era la seconda volta in ostello e devo dire che è stata veramente un'esperienza unica e da ripetere sicuramente!!!! Ostello MOLTO pulito! Ogni mattina passava la donna delle pulizie a pulire camera e tutto il piano del dormitorio! Bagni puliti,acqua calda,forse anche troppo hahaha,camere calde e comode! Gli addetti alla reception bravissimi e disponibili per ogni dubbio! Sicuramente d'ora in poi quando tornerò in inghilterra andrò sempre lì.

• 1st Jan 2016

Despite being cheaper than many other hostels in the area, it was hard to imagine that I would have found another hostel of a higher quality. I almost felt as if I had been staying in a hotel instead of a hostel.

• 29th Dec 2015

Nice location for someone who wants a relaxing location- parks/museums/cafes. very safe and isn't as rowdy as most hostels are.

• Singapore

Cumpriram com perfeição o que estava proposto, gotei e recomendo.

多人间只有一个卫生间 感觉洗漱的时候有些用不过来 多有一个卫浴的话更好