MEININGER London Hyde Park Reviews

at Baden Powell House, 65-67 Queen's Gate, London, England

1910 Total Reviews

Booked as a place to crash for the night. Booked a 12 bed dorm, ended up in a nice 4 bed room. Nice, friendly staff, great location and a good night's sleep- can't ask for more!. Definitely not a party hostel (good, depending on what you want). My only quibble is that at 6'2" I found bunks too small in length. I'd say it was around 1-2" too small. I slept fine, but my knees were a little stiff in the morning. Fine for a night, but if you're booking a week and tall make sure you get a real bed!

As hostels in London go, this might be one of the best. But in comparison to others in Europe it was poor. Constantly understaffed, very uncomfortable beds, little to no atmosphere for travellers. Bathrooms were well equipped and plentiful and the hostel had everything you would need, but it's definitely lacking personality.

Hostel recomendable, limpio y muy bien situado, algo caro los fines de semana

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Spain

Looks more like an hospital rather than a hostel: a lot of old people, or wheel chairs, not really fun...

Hostel muy acogedor y personal muy amable y siempre a tu disposición. Gran situación

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Estimado cliente, Gracias por haberse dado el tiempo de criticar el hotel. Estamos muy contentos que usted disfrutó su estancia en Londres. Con la esperanza de verle pronto, El equipo Meininger

The hostel is great! I'd recommend it for anyone who is looking for a great location and clean rooms! The wi-fi is not the best, but this shouldn't be a problem! Lots of restaurants near by and Hide Park is also close!

Hi , Thank you very much for your review after your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear you had a great stay here at Meininger London. Hope to welcome you back to London again very soon! Cheers, Your Meininger team in London.

Hello Iam very happy come hostel meininger london Hyde park Iam come back my next holiday in london ?thank you

• 6th Oct 2014

Very clean, tidy hostel. Very good enviroment and location. I would come back and I absolutely recommend this hostel even with children.

Hi there! Thank you very much for your lovely comment after your recent stay. It is nice to hear you had a terrific stay with us! We look forward to seeing you back again here at Meininger London. Best wishes, Your Meininger team in London.

친구와 같이 갔으나, 같은룸에 배정해주지 않음. 룸체인지가 있어서 번거로움. 친구가 침대에 자기 이름적힌 종이를 꽂아뒀는데 같은방사용하는 다른 투숙객이 임의로 그 종이를 다른침대에 꽂아두고 친구의침대 사용함. 화장실이 굉장히 좁음. 위치로는 좋았음. 빅토리아앨버트박물관,자연사박물관 바로 코앞이라 좋았음. 공원도 바로 옆에 있어 굉장히 좋았음. 역도 주변이라 좋았음.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Super recomendo esse albergue! A localização é incrível, não podia ser melhor! Fica a menos de uma quadra do metrô e está em um bairro super seguro! Única coisa que me encomodou foi que o banheiro não tem ventilação, o que faz com que o banheiro fique um pouco fedido ao longo do dia! Outro ponto que me encomodou foi o que é cortina no box do chuveiro, e como o espaço dentro do box era pequeno a cortina ficava "colando" no corpo! Mas voltaria ao albergue sem dúvida nenhuma, recomendo!

• 3rd Oct 2014

Fantastic stay! Great location and helpful staff.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Hello there! Thank you very much for your comment after your recent stay at Meininger London. We are very delighted to hear you had a fabulous stay with us. We hope to see you again here in London. Best wishes, Your Meininger team in London.

absolutely the cleanest hostel I've been in within the London area, with a great location too. the atmosphere is more like a straightforward hotel then your normal hostel. no kitchen however. I ended up extending my stay here because it was so nice. some of the staff weren't all that friendly though.

Very clean and organized hostel. I totally indicate this hostel if you are coming with your family. If you are looking for a party place, this might not be the best place for you. Staff were great! karen and Julien were particulary helpful! The only two changes I would change: the bathroom size and the price of breakfast. It could be included in the total price somehow.

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts after your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay, and appreciated the service given by our staff. We look forward to seeing you again in London. Your Meininger team in London.

It was perfect for what I needed which was cheap accommodation for the weekend while attending a course. I stayed in the 8 room dorm which was fine (respectful, friendly girls) although the ensuite bathroom leaves a bit to be desired as the floor got soaked after a shower leaving it a bit yucky for the next one to use it. Luckily it was cleaned each day. The aircon unit was so noisy that we had to keep the windows open meaning that there was a lot of traffic noise - but heh, it is London.

• 26th Sep 2014

Beds were clean and comfy. Bathrooms were awful. Only stayed one night and so i skipped to shower. Definitely a lack of outlets in the room. Luggage storage was free the day I was leaving, which was really great. Staff was very nice, just wish they were a little more informative about my stay in London, since a lot of us are just traveling through. Oh, absolutely loved the location. I'd probably come back if I get a single room.

Hey, thank you for the review :) We looking forward to welcome you again here in London. Lovely greetings, your MEININGER Team

The staff was excellent! Anna at the front desk was extremely helpful! The locations was good with food and several museums within walking distance. The only two drawbacks that I encountered were the guest type and the bathrooms. The hostel seemed to be hosting some school trips when I was there so the typical hostel crowd was absent. The bathrooms were ok in general but the toilets seemed not to work a lot. Overall, I would recommend it.

立地はすごく良いです。最寄り駅からVictoria Stへのアクセスも良く。最寄り駅からホステルまでも大通りを真っ直ぐ歩けばたどり着きます。駅近くにはスーパーやファーストフード店、観光案内所も近いです。受付の人は良い人でしたがスタッフが少ないのかピーク時にはチェックインの処理と併設のカフェの対応を1人で切り盛りしていて忙しいそうで、要件を伝えるまでずいぶん待ちました。ドミトリーはコンセントも少なく2段ベッドの上はライトがないので少し不便。部屋にトイレ付きシャワー室が2つありましたが飛行機のトイレのような狭さです。2つのシャワールームは部屋入り口のスイッチで同時に点灯、消灯するので使用中に誰かに間違って消されたり、疑われて注意されたり何かと英語があまり上手くない私のせいにして注意してくるおじさんがいて面倒臭かったです。 朝食は写真では豪華に見えますが正直5.9ポンドの価値はないです。そして寒いのに何故かクーラーもかかっていてゆっくり食事が出来なかったです。

The bathrooms were pretty cramped. Other then that the location to everything is awesome.

Hey Hey, thank you for the comment. We are really sorry you did not like our bathrooms :( nevertheless you enjoyed the location :) Kind regards, your MEININGER Team

smooth check-in, very clean room,efficient and friendly staff. recoended

thanks for the great feedback, we hope to see you again :)

Modern and well located. Very friendly staff.

Hi there, Many thanks for your comment after your recent stay! We are very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be passing along your feedback to the team here in London. We hope we see you again soon! Your Meininger team in London.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5