MEININGER London Hyde Park Reviews

at Baden Powell House, 65-67 Queen's Gate, London, England

1950 Total Reviews

Was woken up at 12:45 pm by someone arriving late into the dorm, and then at around 7:30 am by a fire alarm - not a very good nights sleep. The bed was nice and everything was clean but the shower was a bit weak. There is a nice cafe area downstairs which is pretty good to work. The breakfast was pretty awful with bananas that has been refrigerated - and therefore went grey- with white bread (no brown) and some cheese. Not exactly a 'continental breakfast' and not worth £5.95.

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Very clean hostel, confortable. Very good located. Everything is very good just a little bit quiet is you are trying to experience bars and more fun activities in hostel.

Hello there, Thank you very much for your lovely review after your stay with us! We are very happy to read your comment, and hear that you enjoyed your stay. As you mentioned, we are currently working on making the place more fun by offering activities through the week. We hope to see you back again very soon! Your Meininger team in London.

El Hostel Bastante bueno en sus instalaciones comunes, los dormitorios también bastante cómodos y limpios. Mi habitación contaba con dos baños tipo cabinas de avión, minimos, pero al ser dos en el dormitorio resultaba más cómodo. El desayuno no está incluido, me costaba 5,90 Libras, me parecó un poco caro, pero Londres es caro.

Staff was quite rude. Not the best hostel for a solo traveler. Hard to meet people and overall a bad atmosphere!

• 13th Nov 2014

Hello there, Thanks for taking the time to post a comment after your recent stay. We are disappointed to hear we couldn't meet your expectations on this occasion. We are currently working on making this place more fun for everyone. Regarding the staff, we can only apologise and assure you that is not the level of service we aim to offer at Meininger. We will pass along your comment to the team here in London. Best wishes, Your Meininger team in London.

We have had a great time staying at Meiniger. We booked a 12 bed mixed dorm for 2 persons but we were placed in a room with only 4 beds and we got two girls who were also travelling together as roommates, this was great! One thing that was dissapointing was that there was no breakfast included and that the breakfast offered costed 6 pounds this was quite expensive but there are a lot of great restaurants around the corner as well as supermarkets and the underground. I recommend this hostel! :)

• 13th Nov 2014

Hi there, Thank you so much for your awesome review! We are delighted to hear you had a terrific stay with us. We would be glad to welcome you back again in London. Thanks again for choosing Meininger! Your Meininger team in London.

Bathroom to small, on the other hand, everything perfect

Hello there, Thank you very much for your comment! It's very nice to see that you had a great experience with us. We are planning some refurbishments for the bathroom in a near future. Thanks again for choosing Meininger, and we hope to see you again! Your Meininger team in London.

Meininger Hotel was close to an event I was going to, so I decided to stay in a 4 bed dormitory in their hostel. Though I have stayed in a few hostels now, I still always worry when staying at a new one. There was nothing to worry about though; the hostel is very clean, the staff are friendly, helpful & knowledgeable, the room was fine & the people were friendly & kept to themselves. It's a very short walk to the nearest tube station, Gloucester Road and there is supermarkets and banks nearby.

• 12th Nov 2014

We were astonished because we spent the three nights with the air conditiioner working, so it wasn´t the best temperatura for november. And the answer for me wasn´t right cause i had to go downstairs more tan twice to tell me what the problema was. It was blocked....ahhh ok

moyen peu cher pour un séjour à Londres, le problème est de s'accorder à vivre en collectivité et l'accueil est courtois mais on sent que l'on doit ne rien demander de plus question service...ce n'est pas un hôtel!

• 7th Nov 2014

Cher client, Nous vous remercions d'avoir pris le temps de partager vos impressions apres votre séjour en notre compagnie. Nous nous efforcons d'offrir un service individualisé pour chaque client ici a Meininger. Nous regrettons que vous n'ayez pas ressenti cela lors de votre séjour. Cependant, nous sommes content de savoir que vous ayez appréciez la location et les installations. En espérant vous revoir prochainement, Votre équipe Meininger a Londres.

The rooms are very clean and spacious . The only bad thing I have to say was that I wish they'd have more staff at the reception, the service was quite slow. .

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Finland

Hello there, Thank you very much for your feedbak after your recent stay with us. We are more than happy to hear you found the place clean and secure. As you mentionned we can be very busy sometimes, but we always try our best to provide a good service in a reasonnable time. We hope to see you again! Your Meininger team in London.

pretty good experience. nice staff (except the man with glasses showing impatience when i ordered a beer at the bar). the room is by the road so quite noisy.

Location was good. Staff were sometimes good, sometimes not. Atmosphere - it was full of school kids (eg, 8-17 year old) the entire time I was there - def not a backpackers. Terrible little aeroplane bathroom in rooms, which was rubbish considering how much you pay per night. Overall disappointing. You had to pay extra for literally EVERYTHING.

Great location, nice rooms - did not like the bathrooms.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

Hi there, Thanks for posting few words after your stay at Meininger London. We are glad to hear that overall you had a nice stay with us. We are planning some refurbishments for the bathrooms in a near future. Thanks again for sharing your Meininger experience! Your Meininger team in London.

I really liked how there was a refundable deposit on locks, towels, etc. Not a lot of hostels do that. The location was great and the rooms were really nice, great value for the money spent in my opinion.

Hi there, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your Experience with us. We are thrilled to read your review and we would be happy to welcome you back again! Best wishes, Your Meininger team in London.

There were 8 people in a very small room. Toilet and shower area was like a toiket of an airoplane. Not value for money. But ı think it is a general problem of hostels in london, they never valye for money compared to the other hostels in the world.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Turkey

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to share your Meininger experience after your recent stay. We are sorry to hear that you found your stay not good value for money. Prices tend to be more expensive on weekends here in London, as the occupancy runs very low. However, we generally offer affordable prices from Sunday to the middle of the week. We are glad to see you enjoyed the location and were happy about the staff. Hope to see you again! Your Meininger team in London.

I enjoyed my stay at Meininger London Hyde Park! The location was great. Everything was clean, and the staff were very helpful in helping us with where to go. My only complaint was the that I stayed in an 8 person room and there was one very small private bathroom that we all had to share. If there had been a public bathroom on the floor in addition to that one, it would have been fine. But it was difficult to share that one bathroom among so many girls.

Hi there, Many thanks for reviewing us after your stay! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, and were satisfied by the service received. We would of course love to welcome you back here in London. Your Meininger team.

Excellent location! The only problem I had was when me and my friend (also staying at Meininger) came back at 3AM after clubbing, the front desk agent wouldn't let us up into the rooms. Apparently if you're coming into the building after midnight, you need proof that you're staying in one of the rooms. It took ten minutes to finally convince the front desk agent we were staying there. (Our room keys didn't seem to be enough.) But this was the only inconvenience. Everything was very clean.

ensuites are a little small. staff very obliging. excellent location and very clean.

Hello there, Thank you so much for posting a comment after your recent stay with us. It's always nice to hear from our guests, and we would be happy to welcome you back to Meininger London! Best wishes, Your Meininger team in London.

Easy to find, great location. Friendly welcome. Room easy to find, clean & comfortable. Good quality beds. Functional bathroom. Great to see the building being used & managed so well by different groups over the week. No undue noise issues. One has to remember the location and expect the noise of traffic and a/c system - no real problem. Excellent value for money considering the location. Perfect for my needs. Would recommend and stay at again. Great coffee & lounge area.

Hello there, Thank you so much for your awesome review after your stay with us. We are super thrilled to hear you had a great stay in our company. It's always nice to hear good comments about our staff members, with all the efforts we put to make everybody feel comfortable here. Thank you so much for choosing Meininger and we hope to see you again! Your Meininger team in London.

Booked as a place to crash for the night. Booked a 12 bed dorm, ended up in a nice 4 bed room. Nice, friendly staff, great location and a good night's sleep- can't ask for more!. Definitely not a party hostel (good, depending on what you want). My only quibble is that at 6'2" I found bunks too small in length. I'd say it was around 1-2" too small. I slept fine, but my knees were a little stiff in the morning. Fine for a night, but if you're booking a week and tall make sure you get a real bed!

Hello there, Thanks for sharing your experience after your stay with us. We are very glad to hear you had a nice stay in our company. We will definitely look at your comment regarding the length of the bed in your room. Thanks for your remark. We hope to see you again very soon! Your Meininger team in London,

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6