MEININGER Vienna Central Station Reviews

Columbusgasse 16, Vienna, Austria

The bathroom had a strange smell.. and there is no common bathroom so, if someone is using and you just want to brush your teeth you have to wait. There is no light for each bed, which is very helpful when everybody wants to sleep and you have to do something... Also, there is no place to hang clothes/towels for example.. but, there are two lockers in the bedroom, which is nice. The wi-fi is free but you have to pay if you want to use their computer.

Great place, but so far from the city center. If you want to know the main attraction you have to use the public transportation (which is excellent).

The hostel is really Nice...the people who work there are really kind...I liked so much!

We spent a really good time there. We stayed just for one night, but it was enough to understand that everything works: we could use lockers, luggage room, wi fi. The room was confortable and clean and so cheap! Staff was very helpful and nice.

This place is soooo cool!and the stuffs are so nice!

• 1st Mar 2014
  • China

excellent value for money, convinient location, rooms safe and clean

Some small lights next to bed and lockers would be useful in the dorms.

It's a great, clean and safe hostel that is in a great location. I've been here twice now and haven't been dissappointed yet. I recommend it to anyone.

everything is ideal ... I recommend to all!!!

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • Serbia

enough place in the room, staff is friendly.

• 1st Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

Fantastic hostel - great location, spacious dorms, very clean, great breakfast and common rooms. Guest kitchen wasn't really a kitchen - just a microwave - and there was no laundry, but other than than it was a great place to stay and I would certainly go back.

Close the metro station and there are many Turkish restaurant around the hostel. It looks like students bedrooms. We heard a few stolen story but we didn't see any badthings. You should buy a locker before going this hostel. I dont think, wont be bad things but only advice. You can choose.

You are amazingg :)

I spent only one night at the Meininger. The staff was remarkably helpful, and the rooms and beds were clean, Except... the dorm I slept in was filled with a bunch of long-term Syrians. When I awoke the next morning to pack, this crazy-ass Syrian girl starting screaming that I had turned the lights on (it was 8AM). After her and I fighting over the light switch, she left and came back with staff, saying "This man is smoking drugs! Call police!" Well...I finished packing, and the staff apologized

The staff is friendly, competent and helpful. I really appreciate this aspect. However, they must improve the cleanliness in rooms. The safety in rooms is weak, someone can steal something and goes through other windows and disappear. Despite these two things, I recommend it and will be ready to return there.

excellent hostel

Nice hostel with nice conditions for relaxing - but not a party-hostel. Located very closed to underground station and on one of the shopping street with supermarkets and cafes.

The only thing I missed was kitchen (there is only a microwave and waterheater) but the staff was very very nice, and the atmosphere was awsome!

Hi! Thank you very much for your lovely comment :) We're looking forward to welcoming you again! Kind regards from Vienna! Your M-Team

I didn't actually stay in this hostel because I had to cancel. But the staff responded quickly to my message and they were so nice for not charging me the price eventhough I cancelled after the cancellation period. :) I feel it is a nice hostel and that's why I had chosen it. :)

There is no guest kitchen, only a microwave, so you can't really cook on site. Extremely clean though, everyday they mop the hardwood flooring which covers the entire floor and cleaned the bathrooms thoughrouly.