MINGTOWN Hiker International Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 450 Middle Jiangxi Rd. Shanghai. P.R.China, Shanghai, China

The Hostel has a very nice atmosphere which invites you to know new people. The location is also really good, because your are near to some maine Subway lines. The staff is very friendly and I really liked the breakfast they offered for little money.

I stayed at the Mingtown Hiker Youth Hostel for 7 nights. It is a great hostel - location is tops, the staff very helpful, and the hostel has a great atmosphere. I thoroughly enjoyed Shanghai and the hostel contributed to this in a big way. thanks.

• 12th Apr 2014

Great localisation close to the bund but it was not clean at all ..

We stayed in a 4 mixed dormitory for 3 night and 1 night in a twin room. Both rooms where simple but ok just to sleep ( no windows). Lockers in dormitory are a good point. Staff was kindly and helpful =). Localisation is very good 5 mn walk from the famous east Nanking road and the bund. The only bad point was that it wasn't clean at all in the sanitary facilities. Some flush didn't worked, wet every time..

The location was great but the facilities were generally not the best. We ate here and the food was horrible microwave rubbish, there was no secure room to leave bags which was a standard at all other hostels we vistited and the staff were not very knowlegeable/ helpful about the area. They also turn the hot water off all day so when we checked in after a long trip we could not even have a shower! Good value for money but generally the place was a bit run down and in need of a good clean!

You are great, not only your location, but all staffs were wonderful & helpful. There was never a moment I felt dull at all in your hostel. Tony, Malaysian

Very happy with the hostel and the staff

The location is fantastic for exploring Shanghai, but sadly the hostel was not great. While the rooms are clean and spacious, the staff were either rude to us or couldn't speak any English, and the shower took forever to get hot water (if it did at all). Despite the great location, I would highly recommend a different hostel in Shanghai.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions to our hotel,we will try to improve !

A cheap hostel with a little room. Enough but only enough

Basically I'm satisfied. 1) I don't like the smell of detergent when cleaner clean the toilet. 2) No hot water after 1am, not so convenient when i was late back. 3) The officer is nice and accepted my request to change the room when I noticed my first room is with dirty room mate.

A really good place to stay. Really cheap. We had to change the date we arrived. No problem at all, we could also stay one more night than we booked. You get your own locker where there is room for a big backpack, you feel really safe here. Awesome place. Awesome people. If i'm going back to shanghai i'm staying here!!

We did a reservation and I even wrote another mail to their office to tell them, that we will arrive quite late. When we got there our room was not available anymore. We had to take a more expensive one. The room was let's say ok..the bed cloth was that old it was already dissolving. But the worst were the toilets, the one's on the first floor were really really dirty. We thought the one's on the second floor might be better but they were NOT...

• 24th Feb 2014

Thank you for your comments and suggestions to our hotel,we will try to improve and welcome your coming again and you can recommend Mingtown to your friends^^ Buy the way ,sorry for the inconvenience caused you,maybe the mistakes of our work,We will try to improve,Thx~

Apart from the room being a bitt too cold, everything else were great.

Security- OK. Location- Near a major shopping street Staff- OK. Atmosphere- OK. Cleanliness- OK Value For Money- OK. Facilities- OK. Overall- I spend four days there without much to complain about.

This place has a good location close to the bund. If you are just going to a party at night, it is a good location. We just stayed here for a short stop before heading to another city and did not really like it here. I have stayed at way better hostels in Shanghai than this one.

The location is fantastic - a few minutes walk from the Bund in one direction, and from a metro station in the other. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly - when I arrived I had lots of questions about different places I was thinking of visiting, and they spent a long time giving me advice and information. As for the accommodation, I stayed in a four-bed dorm, and it was fine.

Convenient.

good location, near popular streets, but not too close.

Had a great time at this hostel. This is our 4th time to stay here and we would stay again. They managed to change our booking even though it was busy for the Chinese New Year. Great location, friendly staff, nice room, what more could you want? Thanks again! xx

Good: Clean. Free drinking water. Helpful staff. Friendly atmosphere. Good location next to Bund and Nanjing East Rd. Bad: Bed cushion is TOO SOFT to support the body, feel collapsed. Dorm without window is too dark and stuffy. Weak wifi. No mobile signal in no-window dorm.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions to our hotel,we will try to improve and welcome your coming again~