MINGTOWN Hiker International Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 450 Middle Jiangxi Rd. Shanghai. P.R.China, Shanghai, China

사람말하는데 무시하는건 기본이고 손님잇는데 화난다고 유리컵던지는 매니저는 뭘까요 여기 다시는안갑니다. 절때 가지마세요 여기보다.좋은곳 훨씬 많습니다

• 18th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

This is the least desirable hostel I stayed in during my one month travel across several cities in China and South Korea. The place is very dimly lit, may be the idea is to generate some sort of ambience, but it is not functional when people want to get work done. The room had a very strong and weird milky smell, it could be because of a girl who was staying very long-term in that room too though. The bathrooms smelt weird and milky too. I could feel the springs in the mattress underneath me.

한국분들 여기 말고 다른 호스텔 알아보세요..직원분들 너무 불친절하고 장기투숙객들도 너무 많아서 불편했네요.. The staffs never consider about your inconveniences or complains. They act irritated on me when I couldn't understand their Chinese. Their computers were all broken then I asked them "When the computers will be fixed?" and they said "We don't know" what? and also they didn't let me use their computer neither. Also, there seem like a lot of long staying people. My room was filled with their stuffs. 这儿很不热情,不喜欢. 如果再来上海,不希望住在这儿.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Good hostel with friendly helpful staff. We were able to relax at the hostel and its location supported our activities during a week in Shanghai.

Great location. Decent atmosphere. The AC was broken and there was no fan or anything else to improve the situation.

some rooms with window some not, but not shown when booking moving then to a private doubled bed room costly no locker in the room then suitcase was searched by cleaning lady intentionally etc etc

very small rooms without windows and without air con. It gets very hot in summer in rooms up to 30 degrees and it is impossible to cool the room. The hostel has good location but that is all. I don't recommend it.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Poland

The room was way too hot, impossible to sleep. Also, there was no proper light and it was quite difficult to see when putting on makeup and backing our bags. Otherwise we had a good stay. The location is great.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

The location was great and it's a good base if you just want somewhere to sleep. The aircon in the rooms is awful and it programmed so that it won't go lower than 26C, meaning the room was often hotter than outside. There were a good number of showers and the bathrooms were clean.

A decent hostel for a decent price. Rooms(4 bed dorm) are small, and not much room for bags. But the staff are friendly and helpfull with questions. Too bad most people stay indoors all day in the hostel.

Nice staff and a fantastic location right near the bund, but the ac not working overshadows all of that for me.

I have said it before and will say it again- please do "smile" when a guest checks in, in that way they will feel welcome. The staff at this Hostel is excellent, except one of them, which made me think quite negative about the place. Other than that, the place is GREAT, a lot of young chinese come there often to talk with foreigners to practice their english. The interaction between the young Chinese and foreigners give a great atmosphere.

位置还行 但是床铺太不舒服了

It is located in the center of Shanghai, a 5 minute walk from the train station and The Bund. The staff was very nice and they went out of their way to help the guest in the hostel. They have a bar downstairs with very cheap deals to drink, food, a free pool table and board games. I stayed in a private room and it was spacious and comfortable with a good en-suite bathroom. The only two complaints would be that the walls in the room were very dirty, and that hot water is not available 24/7.

I had a good stay at the hostel, and liked it downstairs at the bar. the reception was also very helpfull and friendly! the room was good, however, without a window which made it uncomfortable and really warm inside. an airco would have been nice. also, there was a lot of noise in the early morning and in the evening.

• 5th Jun 2014

Friendly warm welcoming perfectly situated . always my first choice when visiting Shanghai

• 3rd Jun 2014

The Mingtown Hiker International Youth Hostel have nice bedrooms, the staff is nice. You can leave your luggage at the reception several days, eat (well) at the bar...

• 2nd Jun 2014

I think my ratings say it all. Facilities were so-so (computers hardly worked), staff were mostly friendly and the ones who were friendly were awesome fun. Location was good, about a 10min walk in the rain. Price was great. Atmosphere was as good as anywhere I have been.

I appreciated having the water in the main area to refill my bottle. Staff was helpful in figuring out how to travel to the local spots hangzhou and suzhou by train and bus. Enough couches that you can usually find a spot to sit by yourself if you want. Random conversations seemed to spring up quite naturally.

• 30th May 2014

Thank you for your comments and suggestions to our hotel,we will try to improve and welcome your coming again and you can recommend Mingtown to your friends^^

The Hostel has a very nice, the staff also very helpfull and friendly ( YOYO ), less then 10 min walking to the Bund , the location is also really good, just 10 min to station subway...

« first « Prev 1 2 3