MINGTOWN Hiker International Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 450 Middle Jiangxi Rd. Shanghai. P.R.China, Shanghai, China

Very great hostel

Thank you for your comments and suggestions to our hotel,we will try to improve and welcome your coming again

Location was great, 5min walk to Bund, 2min walk to Nanjing Rd, 5min to Subway. Atmosphere was just OK but it was a little dark, room was bit smelly. Bar has good food and cheap beer. Overall a good hostel great location

Staff was very helpful and assisted me in getting my train ticket and english to chinese translations. They were very friendly as well. Room was a bit dirty though as was the restrooms. Location was pretty good as it was fairly close to an ATM, small market and the metro stop. Walkable to the bund was nice as well.

I stayed here - for 2 nights - from 15 to 17 Nov-2013. The map on the confirmation voucher of Exit 3 of Line 2 is confusing and I ended up walking and searching the hotel for 40mins before I reached. It would be helpful if you give directions from Exit 6 of Line 10 - as it is really close from that place. The stay in the youth hostel was really nice. The people in the reception, restaurant were very friendly and could speak English :-) The room was very clean and surprisingly spacious :-)

• 15th Nov 2013
  • India

The matress was really bad and the water was warm but noc really really hot, except this it was a nice stay

Location of the hostel is great. Cleanliness of the dorms/beds should be improved and beds are not very comfortable. Staff was very friendly though, especially the nice young lady who checked me in and even helped me to carry the luggage to the room.

Improve staff english. Other than that, everything is excelent!

This hostel is amazing! I stayed in a 4 bed windowless room which was dark and very small but spent most of my time in the lounge area talk to other travelers. The atmosphere was great, from the large couches to the outdoor patio, it was very easy talking to others. What really made my stay at the hostel and shanghai fantastic was the staff. They were so helpful and friendly with all my questions. I would definitely stay again.

Had the double ensuite, was a lovely room with lots of space and a lovely airy feel. The food at the hostel was excellent. Would recommend as it's position to the bund and shopping is fantastic.

The staff at this hostel were beyond helpful and friendly, especially Bruce and Liu Liquing. The hostel is located a maximum 10 minute walk from The Bund and the main shopping strip on East Nanjing. Also central to the Metro to get around to other areas in Shanghai. The room was huge and comfortable. Wifi could have been better. The food was good in the restaurant.

Not the best place to stay. Staff is helpful, as long as communication in english goes along.. Great location close to the main street, the bund, and pudong. We stayed in a four bed dorm that was hot, dark with no natural light, and it wasn't very spacious. Beds aint the most comfortable either. The lighting in the whole building is just so low, making it feel so dark everywhere. I also had to put out a fire in a trash bin. Scary thing was there was no fire detectors far as i could tell.

No internet!! 2 comp provided by hostel are useless because they are so slow and sometimes it takes 15-20 min to open one page.Wi Fi is even worse!There is no way that you can book anything or check email.Excuse, too many people using wifi.I tried at 3pm when hostel was empty,at 3am when everyone was sleeping, and still the same. If you are in dorm room,rooms have big windows that are looking on hallway where is light all night and no covers on windows. Also, very, very loud from street.

Very friendlyband helpfull staff. But dirty rooms and hard beds.

1 2 Next » last »