MINGTOWN Hiker International Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 450 Middle Jiangxi Rd. Shanghai. P.R.China, Shanghai, China

The Hostel has a very nice, the staff also very helpfull and friendly ( YOYO ), less then 10 min walking to the Bund , the location is also really good, just 10 min to station subway...

Thank you for your comments and suggestions to our hotel,we will try to improve and welcome your coming again and you can recommend Mingtown to your friends^^

It's a good place to stay, the subway is very near, the hostel is in the cuty center. Reception works 24 hours. Very convenient. It's like a simple hotel. Not a hostel, so you'll not find the warm coziness of a hostel, but it's really comfortable place. No wi-fi in the rooms.

The staff is very helpful and they helped us buy our train tickets to Beijing. The hostel has a good atmosphere and bar and it is really close to centre.

It's a little far from the Subway station.Staff is good.

I found it very convinient located: you are basically in the centre of the city. As I booked, they had other options for dorms: e.g. mixed dorm. It was changed to single sex dorms, what I appreciate. But they first misunderstood my name as male (how?!). So I had to spend one night in a male dorm, and to add to my frustration they didn't have any fresh duvet covers. But good thing, the next day I could change to another room, so everything was okay also the bed linen.

Really nice hostel! Good location, less than 10 min walking from The Bund (and that makes it a safe area), lockers in the rooms, really nice and helpuful stuff (they speak english), really good food, I used to have breakfast every morning (a bit pricey tho, more or less 60 cny but you gotta pay for western food in China!). I met really nice people from all over the places, perfect atmosphere!

Nice hostel, I just had some problems with my reservation. Even though I got a confirmation from them, the room I booked was not available when I arrived. They had another room for me, but I had to pay extra for that room (another 60rmb) which I refused. It took one hour to discuss it with the manager and they still wanted me to pay extra for the room which I did not book. In the end I had one night in the expensive room for the cheap room price and one in the cheap roo

The staff was very helpful with even complicated desires. Exp doctor visits and Chinese SIM card to the mobile. Happy and relaxed atmosphere in the lobby.

The Hostel has a very nice atmosphere which invites you to know new people. The location is also really good, because your are near to some maine Subway lines. The staff is very friendly and I really liked the breakfast they offered for little money.

reVery nice.Staff are friendly ,the room is clean.

I stayed at the Mingtown Hiker Youth Hostel for 7 nights. It is a great hostel - location is tops, the staff very helpful, and the hostel has a great atmosphere. I thoroughly enjoyed Shanghai and the hostel contributed to this in a big way. thanks.

• 12th Apr 2014

Great localisation close to the bund but it was not clean at all ..

We stayed in a 4 mixed dormitory for 3 night and 1 night in a twin room. Both rooms where simple but ok just to sleep ( no windows). Lockers in dormitory are a good point. Staff was kindly and helpful =). Localisation is very good 5 mn walk from the famous east Nanking road and the bund. The only bad point was that it wasn't clean at all in the sanitary facilities. Some flush didn't worked, wet every time..

The location was great but the facilities were generally not the best. We ate here and the food was horrible microwave rubbish, there was no secure room to leave bags which was a standard at all other hostels we vistited and the staff were not very knowlegeable/ helpful about the area. They also turn the hot water off all day so when we checked in after a long trip we could not even have a shower! Good value for money but generally the place was a bit run down and in need of a good clean!

You are great, not only your location, but all staffs were wonderful & helpful. There was never a moment I felt dull at all in your hostel. Tony, Malaysian

Very happy with the hostel and the staff

The location is fantastic for exploring Shanghai, but sadly the hostel was not great. While the rooms are clean and spacious, the staff were either rude to us or couldn't speak any English, and the shower took forever to get hot water (if it did at all). Despite the great location, I would highly recommend a different hostel in Shanghai.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions to our hotel,we will try to improve !

Great location, comfortable beds, friendly staff.

A cheap hostel with a little room. Enough but only enough

Basically I'm satisfied. 1) I don't like the smell of detergent when cleaner clean the toilet. 2) No hot water after 1am, not so convenient when i was late back. 3) The officer is nice and accepted my request to change the room when I noticed my first room is with dirty room mate.