MIR Fontanka Hostel Reviews

Ulitsa Rubinshteyna, 17, ap. 259, St Petersburg, Russia

Only stayed for a night, hard to get a feel for the place. Like many hostels in this part of the world it has a mix of long termers and folks there looking/starting work. Good facilities and location.

I love this hostel. Very nice atmosphere, very comfortable and relaxing! it's home away from home :)

The majority of the hostel was filled with Russian high school kids. This made it seem less like a traveller hostel and more like a youth camp. Basically, besides the reception staff, no one spoke English. The worst part of this hostel was though that the silence policy was not enforced. Supposedly the hostel is supposed to be quiet after midnight. However, Russian TV was on until 2AM and people were talking and laughing in the common room until a similar time. Disappointing experience

Very tidy and atmospheric hostel. The rooms have enormous space, showers are very clean and good. Location is perfect it is located in the downtown and all attractions are very close, yet the district is very quite and a bit aways from the huss of the downtown which makes it even better for living.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Russia

Good rooms with good beds. Clean toilets and showers. Good service.

• 23rd May 2014

Mir is in a great location. Great staff, the rooms are fine, and affordable which leaves you with more money to go do fun stuff!))

• 20th May 2014

I was there with my boyfriend for 4 nights! Its great staff, rooms, its clean :) Perfect!

• 20th May 2014

This was my first hostel stay and I had a fabulous experience! The entire place was clean and welcoming. The staff were constantly approachable and friendly, and were always able to provide me with clear and helpful tips and directions about traveling in the city.

• 18th May 2014

I just loved the big and clean rooms in this big historical flat. The location is really okay but may be quite hard to find so check on the directions the hostel gives.

• 16th May 2014

The very place to be if you wish to enjoy St.Petersburg. People coming from everywhere and staying in this incredible hostel right in the centre of the city at a very low price. It was a pleasant stay

• 21st Apr 2014

My experience at Mir was great, all due to the friendly staff who are ALWAYS willing to help, offer a joke and a smile. I want to make a special mention to everyone on the desk, Liza, Nastya, and Nika were notable staff that were always so kind and helpful but everyone was fantastic. I recommend this hostel for both short and long term stayers. Thanks team i'll be back again

• 13th Apr 2014

This was my first hostel stay and I had a fabulous experience! It is a very nice place in a great location. The complimentary breakfast! Wonderful staff and met great people during my stay.

• 13th Apr 2014

Everything was perfect. Will definitely choose this hostel next time in Saint-Petersurg.

• 10th Apr 2014

We spent a very nice stay in the MIR! The atmosphere is really cool, the rooms are clean and very well decorated, and the staff always kind and attentive! I also enjoyed meeting nice people from all over the world.

• 10th Apr 2014

Great location, great stuff, great City! Everything was great.

Excellent all around. I always look forward to staying there.

A surprisingly comfortable, convenient,very affordable,friendly place to stay. Friendly reception staff. Would definitely recommend and use again if required. It was just what we needed.

Very good designed. The kitchen is very big and there are all possibilities to cook and to eat. It was a good place to make friends and to have a good rest after the day time.

• 9th Feb 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff is excellent. Definitely will come again!

• 3rd Feb 2014

One of the best hostels I have stayed. Very friendly and helpful staff, I felt welcome right from the start and kept extending my stay. Perfect location to go everywhere. And there are those small things that make a change: you get a towel, there is a light and power outlet at every bed, bathrooms are clean at all times. Thanks for everything!

• 30th Jan 2014