MIR Fontanka Hostel Reviews

Ulitsa Rubinshteyna, 17, ap. 259, St Petersburg, Russia

Great location, great stuff, great City! Everything was great.

Excellent all around. I always look forward to staying there.

Very good designed. The kitchen is very big and there are all possibilities to cook and to eat. It was a good place to make friends and to have a good rest after the day time.

• 9th Feb 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff is excellent. Definitely will come again!

• 3rd Feb 2014

One of the best hostels I have stayed. Very friendly and helpful staff, I felt welcome right from the start and kept extending my stay. Perfect location to go everywhere. And there are those small things that make a change: you get a towel, there is a light and power outlet at every bed, bathrooms are clean at all times. Thanks for everything!

• 30th Jan 2014

The longer term guest in the female only dorm where strange and a man was placed in our female dorm for one night. There where 2 large groups of school age children there so that changed the atmosphere.

nice place, definetly will come back in august! staff is superb, location is amazing, really quiet district, cool breakfast. You can choose a book or a magazine in a kind of library, even play the piano! There is a big supermarket near to the place, and it’s a perfect place to walk over. Loved it!

• 18th Dec 2013
  • Belarus

A cozy, feel-at-home, hostel. This place has everything I needed to make my stay comfortable and fun. I would stay here again. Thank you very much for everything!

well your site had a problem so this hostel couldn t accomodate me. they recomend another hostel which was terrible and no one could speak english. overall bad experience. i can t really grade this hostel but since i have to this is my grade. it looked like a nice place but gave me a hard time.

Mir Fontaka may be a little difficult to find at first, but it's centrally located, very affordable, and full of wonderful people. By far this was the friendliest, cleanest and most reasonably-priced hostel I've stayed in in Russia.

Very good service!

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Spain

It's one of the best hostels I have stayed at. It is centrally located, close to a metro station where two lines intersect, close to both inexpensive and elegant restaurants and stores. There are plenty of showers, and the hostel is usually pleasantly quiet.

I stayed here in November 2013 and came back again in December as I really enjoyed the general atmosphere of the place. Its very relaxed and chilled. Nevsky and all the major tourist sites are a stones throw away, the staff are super helpful and always persevere to make your experience here a pleasant one.

• 6th Nov 2013
  • Wales

Mir Fontanka is one Of The Best Hostel's I Have Stayed In. I Would Go To Peter Just To Stay Here Again.

• 24th Oct 2013

This hostel was situated in a prime section of the city surrounded by cafes, restaurants, shops, and historical sites. I found the staff to be very warm and inviting towards myself and other guests. I am thankful for the staff for letting me check-in early in the morning when my train arrived at 6:30 am. When I had difficulty finding it and called, I was provided with assistance and quickly found the hostel.

Extremely high price/quality ratio. The only disadvantage: quite difficult to find. My advice to future guests: DO PRINT OUT THE MAP FROM THE BOOKING PAGE.

Great hostel with a home atmosphere. Cheerful and friendly staff, who will never leave alone, and always talk to you. I met a great man who also lived at the hostel. It turned out that I had with him a lot of common interests. We became friends. We decided to go to China in the winter! Awesome! MIR Hostel, thank you for the warm reception!

• 21st Oct 2013