MIR Hostel Reviews

Nevsky Avenue, 16, St Petersburg, Russia

Will definitely stay there again! The staff were hospitable and very helpful. As a solo traveller, it is a comfortable place to stay and is convenient to get around the city.

• 13th Aug 2014

Mir was a very good hostel, reasonably priced, location was excellent. I stayed in a all girl's dorm. The place was clean and well maintained. The service by staff was very helpful and the continental breakfast on mornings was great.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Well first The location is awesome! This place felt like home after only two days. The staff was great and what really made the place.

• 11th Aug 2014

It was very hot in St. Petersburg during our stay. Greater effort to keep the hostel cool, perhaps by distributing some fans, would have been very helpful.

• 28th Jul 2014

It is a great hostel. I have not seen the dorms, but the double room has atmosphere. Fantastic Location.

Very warmful atmosphere, beautiful space, and good location, to be recommanded !

• 12th Jul 2014

Dear guest, thank you very much for the review! Hope to see you again in MIR!

This hostel has BEDBUGS and they did not let me sleep. I do not recommend this hostel to anybody.

Dear guest! Thank you very much for the review and for the problem you've caught up. This is very important for us to have this information. We are deeply sorry you were bitten by bugs and we apologize for this terrible inconvenience. Now we have made a disinfection at the hostel so now we are ready to accommodate guests. We thank you again for the review and we kindly ask you to provide the administrators with such an information in the future because we could solve this problem really faster.

One of the most amazing hostels I've ever stayed in. I would recommend MIR Hostel to everyone!

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • proseven11
  • Malaysia

Dear guest, thank you very much for your kind review! Best wishes and hope to see you in MIR again!

My friend and I had never stayed in a hostel before so didn't know what to expect. It turns out we needn't have worried too much. The room we stayed in had 10 beds total, and despite this, the room was relatively clean, quiet and comfortable. The bathrooms were nice and clean also. I slept surprisingly well, and the beds seemed tidy and sturdy. On the whole, we had a nice stay and I'd stay here again if I came back to St.Petersburg

• 10th Jun 2014

Perfect location really close to Palace square and very helpful staff. Only stayed for a day but I wish I had more time in Saint Petersburg, this place is just perfect

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Dear guest! Thank you very much for the review!

Excellent! Everything works. Good beds and clean toilet.

• 5th Jun 2014

I loved the location of the hostel and its atmosphere. No cooking stove but I didn't need it at all, because there are a lot of budget cafes at the hostel's area. Besides this the kithcen is nice, clean and eqquppied enough ! Was surprised with the free breakfast :)

Very nice hostel with friendly staff

• 24th May 2014

I loved this cozy, nice and "atmospheric" place! The location is brilliant!

• 23rd May 2014
  • Spain

Situated a few minutes away from Hermitage, it's in a perfect location! The staff were friendly and welcoming. I met some really nice people there and would thoroughly recommend it to any younger people/young at heart!

• 23rd May 2014

Very friendly staff, clean kitchen. I liked the creatively designed interior. It's a nice choice to stay at night after whole day sightseeing!

• 18th May 2014

Perfectly friendly place, atmosphere's great!

• 17th May 2014

Dear guest, thank you very much for your ind review!

Location is pretty good and the staff is relatively friendly. Beds are sturdy and include personal lamps. Atmosphere was not too good though. I stayed in 3 hostels while visiting russia and all of them seemed quite boring to me.

Dear guest, thank you very much for the review! This is very important for us. If you could tell us how we could change this boring atmosphere we would be very grateful for this! :) Thank you in advance! Best wishes!

Super cozy and convenient place to stay. Everything is gorgeous. I think it's the best choice among budget hostels. I tried 3 hostels in St. Petersburg, Piter Sound Hostel which was impossible to find and might be a operated by a cheater, Cuba Hostel which has the highest positive review rate but it's not as good as this Hostel, based on my experience. Highly recommended.

• 3rd May 2014
  • China

Dear guest, thank you so much for your kind review! This is very important for us! best wishes and hope to see you again in MIR!

Good hostel in the best location. Seemed to be a lot of locals living there, not many true backpackers, as such had a weird atmosphere.

View all St Petersburg Hostels