MIR Hostel Reviews

Nevsky Avenue, 16, St Petersburg, Russia

Very warmful atmosphere, beautiful space, and good location, to be recommanded !

• 12th Jul 2014

Dear guest, thank you very much for the review! Hope to see you again in MIR!

This hostel has BEDBUGS and they did not let me sleep. I do not recommend this hostel to anybody.

Dear guest! Thank you very much for the review and for the problem you've caught up. This is very important for us to have this information. We are deeply sorry you were bitten by bugs and we apologize for this terrible inconvenience. Now we have made a disinfection at the hostel so now we are ready to accommodate guests. We thank you again for the review and we kindly ask you to provide the administrators with such an information in the future because we could solve this problem really faster.

One of the most amazing hostels I've ever stayed in. I would recommend MIR Hostel to everyone!

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • proseven11
  • Malaysia

Dear guest, thank you very much for your kind review! Best wishes and hope to see you in MIR again!

Perfect location really close to Palace square and very helpful staff. Only stayed for a day but I wish I had more time in Saint Petersburg, this place is just perfect

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Dear guest! Thank you very much for the review!

I loved the location of the hostel and its atmosphere. No cooking stove but I didn't need it at all, because there are a lot of budget cafes at the hostel's area. Besides this the kithcen is nice, clean and eqquppied enough ! Was surprised with the free breakfast :)

Very nice hostel with friendly staff

• 24th May 2014

I loved this cozy, nice and "atmospheric" place! The location is brilliant!

• 23rd May 2014
  • Spain

Situated a few minutes away from Hermitage, it's in a perfect location! The staff were friendly and welcoming. I met some really nice people there and would thoroughly recommend it to any younger people/young at heart!

• 23rd May 2014

Very friendly staff, clean kitchen. I liked the creatively designed interior. It's a nice choice to stay at night after whole day sightseeing!

• 18th May 2014

Perfectly friendly place, atmosphere's great!

• 17th May 2014

Dear guest, thank you very much for your ind review!

Location is pretty good and the staff is relatively friendly. Beds are sturdy and include personal lamps. Atmosphere was not too good though. I stayed in 3 hostels while visiting russia and all of them seemed quite boring to me.

Dear guest, thank you very much for the review! This is very important for us. If you could tell us how we could change this boring atmosphere we would be very grateful for this! :) Thank you in advance! Best wishes!

Super cozy and convenient place to stay. Everything is gorgeous. I think it's the best choice among budget hostels. I tried 3 hostels in St. Petersburg, Piter Sound Hostel which was impossible to find and might be a operated by a cheater, Cuba Hostel which has the highest positive review rate but it's not as good as this Hostel, based on my experience. Highly recommended.

• 3rd May 2014
  • China

Dear guest, thank you so much for your kind review! This is very important for us! best wishes and hope to see you again in MIR!

Good hostel in the best location. Seemed to be a lot of locals living there, not many true backpackers, as such had a weird atmosphere.

Great place, only problem is the wifi didn't work which was a huge inconvenience.

Stayed in double room with en suite - tiles cracked, tiniest shower ever and bathroom could do with a thorough clean ! No WiFi for the entire time we were there. Kitchen facilities poor and again needs a thorough clean - ok to be shabby but not dirty. Staff not very friendly or helpful. No atmosphere. Overall comment - give everywhere a thorough scrubbing and clean ! Don't want to imagine what it will be like during and after busy summer season.

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

excellent location, clean and big rooms. excellent breakfast (they serve yogurt!) one draw back is you need to walk up 5 floors to the hostel with your heavy luggage.

Overall, very nice stay : friendly and helpful staff, excellent location, clean hostel. However, the room was not that easy to access because of the very steep stairs. Concerning showers, there are too few showers, several times we had no hot water and it was sometimes clogged.

• 14th Apr 2014

The Hostel was really nice and for the reasonable price.

This hostal is one of the best! I really liked friendly staff, they helped me very much. Placement is also very good, Hermitage museum and metro station in five minutes. It’s very clean and nice inside, very confortable. I recommend it for all!

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • South Korea

I was really surprised about the location! (I mean it in a good way). I loved the cleanliness of this place and the way staff do their job (also they speak english really well). Breakfast was a bit light but they serve it for absolutely free. So I have nothing bad to say about the service - it's just great!

• 15th Mar 2014