MIR Hostel Reviews

Nevsky Avenue, 16, St Petersburg, Russia

very friendly and helpful staff at this hostel in a perfect location. A great place to stay with a nice common room. Wifi was shaky.

Very interesting hostel, and my first experience)

• 14th Aug 2015

Excellent location! Just in the main street of St. Petersburg, beside the Hermitage, and also close to the train station to Moscow. The staff was nice and helpful and the environment was good! I met many people from different nationalities and ages, so it was grand! There are only 3 showers, so sometimes you have to wait a little bit, but it's not a big issue. It's a 5th floor without lift, so those with really big suitcase will have to make an effort! The rest of the facilities were good!

The dorm room I stayed in had a musty smell all the time. Did not liked it at all. The staff was friendly enough to talk to. Though they refused to serve breakfast when we were 4 (yes, exactly that's what they said) minutes late after breakfast closing time. I did not expect that. Bottom line, for the money its not so bad hostel though there is a room for improvement for them.

It was an amazing stay. It's a full breakfast and staff are really friendly

A very enjoyable stay!

The girls dorm smelt musty for the whole stay despite leaving the windows. Breakfast was not great. Nice staff.

i advise this hostel for evweryone. Really nice atmosphere and good price quality

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Spain

Good chill-out zone and breakfast. So, one of great hostels in my traveller's blog)))

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Morocco

So, that's been nice evening and quiet night in Saint Petersburg. I mean, this is very good hostel

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Malta

Since I had a tight budget, the price was little bit expensive but actually I was really glad to stay there because it was just 2mins walk from Hermitage Museum. All the workers were really helpful and really kind everytime when I asked them for the information.

So so so kind staff, Bu no elevator, Fifth floor, no wifi in female dorm, poor wifi in public area as well, only 2 shower rooms, but one extra toilet.

Good, that's perfect hostel for me. Clean, silent and very good located.

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Latvia

I had a great stay in the MiR Hostel. The place is well located, the staff was polite and attentive. Even thought, the bulding does not have an elevator, my stay was good and i recomend it.

• 25th Jun 2015

My journey was excellent. Thanks' MIR hostel for comfort sleeping and good breakfast =)

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Poland

Only good emotions about this hostel: great breakfast, clean room and good chill-out.

• 17th Jun 2015

MIR Hostel was a great place to stay during our four day trip to St Petersburg. The staff was super helpful and friendly, the facilities were comfortable, and the location was perfectly central. I would highly recommend this place to all travelers of any age.

Such a lovely place =) Very comfortable hostel. So, i wish to stay here every time (if i go to Saint Petersburg)

• 16th Jun 2015

I stayed at here for 1 night and the staff was absolutely lovely! I really enjoyed the hostel. It was very clean and very safe, in a great location! I would give it a 10 out of 10 and would stay there in a heart beat again!

• 31st May 2015
  • Denmark

The location is amazing, but the 5 floors up is daunting. That said, the staff went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of - I can't get over their efforts on our behalf. Elevators are few and far between in St. Petersburg - so it's bad knees beware. Even in the major museums, you have to do a bit of searching to find them.

View all St Petersburg Hostels