MIR Hostel Reviews

Nevsky Avenue, 16, St Petersburg, Russia

The Hostel was really nice and for the reasonable price.

This hostal is one of the best! I really liked friendly staff, they helped me very much. Placement is also very good, Hermitage museum and metro station in five minutes. It’s very clean and nice inside, very confortable. I recommend it for all!

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • South Korea

I was really surprised about the location! (I mean it in a good way). I loved the cleanliness of this place and the way staff do their job (also they speak english really well). Breakfast was a bit light but they serve it for absolutely free. So I have nothing bad to say about the service - it's just great!

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Greenland

It´s very nice hostel, although a small minus is that it doesnt have a proper kitchen for cooking...

It was an incredible stay about everything! The price for the stay was very reasonable at this place. They serve free breakfast every day. I was also recommended by MIR hostel's staff to go to the russian banya. They arranged everything for me so I've been there and it was just awesome!! Thank you for the unforgettable memories!

• 18th Feb 2014

Very nice and clean hostel. Good Atmosphere created by the design and staff was most pleasant. Recommend this hostel to the others.

Great location! Everything is so close. The Hermitage is just a minute walk from the hostel. Very Nice staff n breakfast! staff speaks english very well, so was very helpful.

• 8th Feb 2014

No kitchen except toaster and electric kettle. Amazing location, can't get closer to the center than this. Staff speaks English very well (this seems to be a common concern/complaint in Russian hostels).

Had a very pleasant stay there. All the tourist attractions are really close to the place. Nice staff always ready to answer your questions and to advice you places to go or to eat. Cosy room, nice people from all over the world. The breakfast is nothing much but it's ok for that price

• 4th Feb 2014
  • Russia

The building of the hostel is beautiful and its location is just perfect. There are FREE beautiful maps with all the main attractions, places to eat, museums.. which are highly reccomended by the MIR hostel. It was very helpful for me! I also send many thanks to the staff! Especially to the nice girl at the reception that was really kind to offer me a raincoat for free cause it was a bit rainy day

• 31st Jan 2014

I had to move a lot in the city during my stay and I would say that this hostel is absolutely a good choice if you want to stay in central Saint-Petersburg. The bus stops and metro station right out in front. Variety of the budget cafes near is just great. I didn't visit the Hermitage museum but it's just at the corner!

• 28th Jan 2014

I stayed at a number of hostels here while abroad this time, and MIR Hostel was my absolute favorite. First of all the price is just right: no need to pay for towels, bed linen etc. and moreover they serve breakfasts. The staff was absolutely nice and kind to me. I really appreciate your assistance in my train ticket booking and registration. Thank you!

• 24th Jan 2014

At first, I want to say huge “thank you” for all stuff! It was amazing! They all are very pleasant all the time, when you ask something – they answer very kindly!

• 24th Jan 2014

Very nice price for such a good place, a lot of free of charge services. The architecture is beautiful and the building is historic. The location is unexpectedly wonderful, cannot imagine a better place to stay as a tourist. Amazing view of the main street from the windows!

• 18th Jan 2014

Awesome place! The stuff is really friendly!!! I traveled alone, but i found good friends and a company in this hostel. Lots of books and magazines to read + the hostel has a free second hand, i could get a sweater as a memory). 24 hours open and it's in the very center. One of the best hostels I've seen.

• 17th Jan 2014
  • Spain

Very helpful and friendly staff members! Perfect location too. We had a brief visit in St. Petersburg, checked-in at 10pm and left the following morning, but because of the location we could walk around the center and river side and have a beer or two at a pub and then go to sleep late at night. Great hostel 5/5!

The kitchen ist just a microwave!!!!

The staff really made my stay at the hostel special. They were so helpful, one even helped me set up my new Russian cell phone! I really felt welcomed and secure here. The breakfast and price cannot be beat for value. The place is very spacious and cleanly kept. Many restaurants and important sights are conveniently located near this hostel, including metro and bus access. I would definitely recommend MIR Hostel as the best place to stay in St.Petersburg.

• 1st Dec 2013

It was good. Staffs are kind. Location is perfect. To hermitage, 1 minutes by walk. It located on the 5th floor, but there is no elevator. It was little uncomfortable.

Excellent location. It is right in the center of St. Petersburg. Cozy interior, reasonable prices.

View all St Petersburg Hostels