MIR Hostel Reviews

Nevsky Avenue, 16, St Petersburg, Russia

Some kind of drying rack in the bedroom for hanging towels on would be good. Otherwise, very good accommodation.

The place is amazing and centrally located. The only downside is that there are not enough toilets/showers for all the guests. So you need to wait some time in the morning.

• 3rd Oct 2014

This is a perfect hostel to stay in St. Peterburg! The location is nice, just within 10 minutes' walking distance to the Hermitage Museum and the Neva river. Downstairs there is a bank where you can exchange money. The staff are nice. Besides, the breakfast is nice to. The last day I left, I need to have an early breakfast and then check out. The girl was so nice that she agreed to offer me an early entire breakfast. Highly recommened~

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • China

You can't go wrong here. Atmosphere always gets created by other people and although I met some it wasn't exceptional. Great location and facilities are pretty okay.

This is a duplex hostel. I love the lower storey so I don't need to carry the heavy luggage upstairs. It offers large living room with big lcd screen for TV or DVD etc. Staffs are super friendly and helpful. Best is its perfect location on Nevsky street.

Friendly, spacious hostel with a nice atmosphere.

Located a the very heart of St Petersburg. Very helpful staff and a simple but very welcome breakfast. Definitely recommend it. Be aware that it is located on a 5th floor (no lifts) and they they just accept cash (no cards) which is something they must state somewhere.

It was such a cozy place. Clean and close to every touristic places. Staff were also helpful. They were always trying to help you in a way. If I go to St. Petersburg again, I will definetely stay in MIR Hostel again.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Turkey

My stay at MIR Hostel was very pleasant. I stayed at 10 bed female dorm. The room is big enough (not like a cage that I saw at other hostels) and has safety lockers which you can use for free - that is great. Girls at the reception are fast, friendly and very helpful. I think this hostel deserves a good rating!

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Spain

I stayed very well at MIR. Everything is perfect, location, breakfast, staff. Recommended!

The best hostel in Beijing!

The location is great and the building where the hostel is located is lovely with a beautiful big staircase. The room was nice and spacious and the hostel was nice and quiet in the evenings so easy to get a good sleep. Staff were friendly and helpful. I also like that people have to take their shoes off before going into the common room and bedrooms, it makes for a much cleaner hostel.

As a young traveler I am looking for something on a budget as well as comfortable and clean. Mir was my favorite hostel i have stayed at and would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• 18th Aug 2014

Will definitely stay there again! The staff were hospitable and very helpful. As a solo traveller, it is a comfortable place to stay and is convenient to get around the city.

• 13th Aug 2014

Mir was a very good hostel, reasonably priced, location was excellent. I stayed in a all girl's dorm. The place was clean and well maintained. The service by staff was very helpful and the continental breakfast on mornings was great.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

During my stay the hostel was really full but I didn't feel myself uncomfortable. Enough space in a common room and in a dorms so I would give a high rate for the space and "home" atmosphere: games in the kitchen in the evening, free (light) breakfast in the morning - everything seems very good. Most of the guests are students/young and middle-aged people from different countries.

• 11th Aug 2014

Well first The location is awesome! This place felt like home after only two days. The staff was great and what really made the place.

• 11th Aug 2014

The place is very hard to find. I called to the hostel to help me find it, and they gave me not very clear instructions. After ONE HOUR i was not still able to find it, and i called again and they just told me that im very close DENYING to help me more. ONE HALF HOUR LATER, a police officer helped me to call again the hostel and just then they decided to help me. They seemed friendly BUT THEY ARE NOT.

It was very hot in St. Petersburg during our stay. Greater effort to keep the hostel cool, perhaps by distributing some fans, would have been very helpful.

• 28th Jul 2014

It is a great hostel. I have not seen the dorms, but the double room has atmosphere. Fantastic Location.

View all St Petersburg Hostels