MNL Boracay Beach Hostel Reviews

Road 1A Bulabog, Boracay Island, Philippines

We arrived a day earlier than expected. The staff, on arrival, were really friendly & accommodating and managed to squeeze us in even though they were fully booked. We went straight up to the roof top bar (which is really cool) and met lots of fellow travellers! Free breakfast is nice and showers are good. Mattresses are really comfy with light and plugs right next to each bed. Aircon and fans are more than adequate. Would definitely recommend :)

MNL is a lively hostel with a good atmosphere, the staff are friendly and helpful and it's quite close to 2 beaches. There is a breakfast included which is really nice. The wifi was good in the communal areas. If you are on a top bunk the beds are quite hard to get onto but they are really comfy and all beds have a light and plug. I would stay here again if I was ever in Boracay and would recommend this place to my friends

I wouldn't promote this as a good place for solo backpackers to go to just because I think it's too big for a proper community feel. More like living in a dorm at school. The breakfast is good. There's no cover on top of the bin in the toilet or sanitary bin, so girls period stuff was just there to see. It was ok.

when i arrived in the middle of the night i wasnt too impressed as our room smelled of the takeaway next door. However in the end really Liked it!!!! recommend to stay. Breakfast is the best for any hostel on the island. and the beds are very comfortable

Great hostel. Top floor is pretty loud and for some reason they play music every morning at 7am with breakfast even though we asked them to stop on three separate days. Other than that, great

• 18th Jan 2016

we love taking our breakfast on the rooftop with soothing music!!!

• Philippines
  • All Female Group, 41+

Awesome time at MNL

• 18th Jan 2016

I have to say I expected a lot more for 50Euro room. I know prices in Boracay are quite high but the room was very basic. Just two beds, aircon and nothing else. No place to put our clothes. Window was facing the wall. Only american type of sockets available in the whole hostel and they sell adapter for 100pesos at the reception .... Also, the hostel is called "beach hostel" and says it 's somehow luxurious BUT is not located on beach and there is no luxury.

MNL is the place to stay in Boracay!! I have absolutely nothing bad to say. The happy hour at the rooftop is great to meet other travelers. I met a great bunch of people on my first night and ended up traveling Philippines with them for the next 3 weeks. The location is great! Only a few minutes walk to the White Beach and also close to the Mount Luho viewpoint. Highly recommend eating at Munchies across the street from the hostel.

Easy to get to D'Mall and white beach from location. Friendly staff. Loved the pod beds very private if you wanted that. Got towels and free beach towels which was great when I needed to wash my stuff. Liked the rooftop bar as it made it easy to meet people! Great stay!

A nice affordable hostel on a fab island :)

Best place to stay in boracay! Cant find the words! Everything was awsome!!!

Overall, I highly recommend MNL! It's centrally located, super clean, includes breakfast & has a great atmosphere for meeting others. The only negative I have is the unfriendly staff. The morning we arrived we were told the check in time & told to drop our bags in the lobby...no smiles, hi, hello, or welcome. They were very rude and more interested in their own conversations than customer service.

I stayed in a 6 bed female dorm for four days after Christmas. Rooms & communal areas were clean and the room's were great with lockers and individual bed lights for each bunk bed. The free breakfast was great and also a good spot for meeting other travellers and making plans for the day / evening. The rooftop was a great space to hang out in the evening and thankfully no bar which meant that you could still get some sleep if you didn't fancy a heavy one that night! Would definitely return here!

Well run hostel, clean and good facilities. Lockers in dorm should be more sturdy .

Great hostel. Comfy beds, amazing showers and cool rooftop area. Lots of parties every night. Close to everything. AC in rooms works well. I had an awesome stay!

You really need to replace the wooden blinds in the hostel room since it's absolutely impossible to get some sleep after 7am if your bunk is facing the window side. Apart from the construction noise and loud people talking outside the least you can do is do something about your blinds. Wifi is non-existent on the 2nd floor too!

Awesome place to stay.... no complaints as such.... n that's also because I met really awesome people to hang out with.....

• 7th Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

Pro's: Arty decor, comfortable beds with socket, rooftop terrace, included breakfast, yoga classes on the roof Con's: Internet didn't work in the dorms, common washroom area could have been a bit cleaner, staff was friendly but not overly helpful or welcoming. It's expensive for a hostel, even considering that Boracay is expensive anyway. You can probably get a better deal for the same price on the island.

Air conditioning is CRITICAL and this place had amazing A/C. Really fun crew (good luck too!) good breakfast, good location, big beds, storage space... pretty much everything you could ever want or need. Huge recommend :)

View all Boracay Island Hostels