MNL Boracay Beach Hostel Reviews

Road 1A Bulabog, Boracay Island, Philippines

I stayed in the dorm, good value for the price, for breakfast we had a boiled egg, a banana and some toasts with different kinds of jam. Personnel is friendly and cleaners are hard working. Showers are equipped with water heaters. Bathrooms are clean. But my pillow had some stale smell. Aircons in the rooms so no mosquitos but every morning I woke up with running nose.

• 11th Dec 2014
  • Russia

I had the best time ever here! Thanks so much guys!

Our only issue with the hostel was the smell of damp in our room, it was quite bad. Other than that the hostel is clean and the staff work very hard at maintaining it. It's a sociable place with a great atmosphere. Would recommend to backpackers going to Boracay!

The staff were great!!! Also there is always people cleaning, so the place is spotless. It's not far from the beach and the lodgings are really comfortable! I would definitely recommend it!

Great staff, great location, best people.

best hostel ever seen! all staffs are kind and facilities are good. all guset are friendly while I am staying. I will go back here if I go boracay again.

Hostel was clean and the staff were friendly. We were lucky enough to be assigned the room with the balcony to dry our clothes.. but with 6 people in the room, there wasn't nearly enough space that we needed, especially with two wet towels each, bathing suits and other clothing that got wet because of the rain that week. The breakfast was decent and they had Gatorade at your disposal in the fridge (super helpful!). Overall, I would recommend this hostel for people looking for good value.

This three storey hostel is located in a street close to the city centre. A professional and helpful staff, makes you feel at home. A nice terrace with hammocks, great for relax. Nice rooms with clean toilets. Highly recommended.

I had a pleasant stay. We just wish that the staff cleaned (mopped out) the seats and tables on the roof deck after the rain. :)

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Philippines

I had an amazing time in this hostel -- I was able to meet a lot of like-minded travelers. MNL is a great place to be if you're traveling on your own. The staff were really friendly and helpful. Also, there's a sundeck on the rooftop which is a plus. I would definitely recommend this place.

Excellent and helpful staff that goes above and beyond. Great location! I highly recommend this hostel.

This hostel was very close to D'mall which is a very convenient location. The front door lock was broken, so anyone could get in if they wanted. The staff was good, they let us check in early since there was no one in our room before us & they are helpful with any questions we had. The roof area was a great place to meet other travelers. Me and my friend stayed in a private room & the facilities were very nice and clean. wi-fi was very spotty, dont know if thats the islands fault or the hostel.

A very nice hostel. Pretty close to the beach. Comfortable beds and clean toilets. Highly recommended.

This is paradise. Less than 10 minutes walking from White Beach, but far enough to avoid night noise. Breakfast was superb, and served on the rooftop with nice views and chill-out music. Helpful staff and people cleaning common areas almost 24/7. My choice if I visit Boracay again.

It was my second time at MNL hostel and always is great, clean room, kind staff, and the best... price of course. Great hostel!

Loved MNL Boracay Beach Hostel. The staff was really friendly, it was super easy to book activities through the hostel, and the location was great for going back and forth from the beach multiple times in a day. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the hostel (they did a great job of keeping the sand down). Would definitely go again.

good hostel with great atmosphere and very good and friendly staff.the rooms are great and the hostel is in a great place.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Israel

If you ask me if should book this hostel, i will raise my hands and say YES! it is awesome.

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

Great facilities, very clean for Boracay, awesome rooftop, good breakfast, overall was very pleased by our stay. Staff did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable. We also stayed at Frendz Hostel which is the other main hostel on boracay as far as we could tell, and we enjoyed MNL more, although Frendz had a more beachy/tiki-hut vibe, MNL's cleanliness and vastly superior rooms/bathrooms made MNL better in our opinion.

Overall my experience here was great. Staff was friendly, but the main problem I had was that there was only wifi in the common area. Since this was the case, people didn't really socialise there because they were all busy on their phones and laptops. The people that I did meet were really friendly too. Overall, I would recommend it for people who want more of a "hotel" feel.

View all Boracay Island Hostels