MNL Boutique Hostel Reviews

Valdez cor. Santiago St., Poblacion, Makati City, Manila, Philippines

A great and authentic little hostel with a great vibe and all the right types of people. Highly recomended!

No worries guys, this is a nice place to stay

Do enforce the "silence after 10pm" rule in a stricter manner.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Great hostel! Shower facilities were very clean and modern. Rooms smelt a bit damp but didn't deter from being an excellent hostel.

• 31st Mar 2015

Great little place for a young backpackers vibe. Very cool atmosphere with all the other backpackers there. Hang out with Rafael - he's the best!

good location, nice breakfast, clean

Best location in Makati, super friendly and helpful staff. Good place to meet some travelers and locals as well.

Everything good here. I even came back a second time after going to Baler (Luzon). Just beware that storing your luggage costs money, per day, it adds up!

I liked the hostel it was in a good location and the beds were very comfortable. The showers were also a good size and kept clean.

It would be helpful if the staff was willing to call a taxi for you, especially during rush hour when you have a flight to catch. The hostel was very cozy, the staff was friendly enough, and I really appreciated the towel that was provided!

Great staff. The MNL BYOB Bar is the bomb

• 16th Feb 2015

I enjoyed my stay although it was quite short. The reception were very welcoming and amenable to me making changes to my booking due to a cancelled flight and when I later lost my phone in the Philippines, they responded to my request to telephone it in the hope someone would answer it. There was a free breakfast in the morning which was more than adequate to start the day very positively, and wifi was available with no issues. The showers and all facilities were kept to a good standard. Please

I stayed already 2 times in a month and i am going to stay again!

Really helpful staff that helped to make it really pleasant experience in the city. It is great to mix with patient and friendly people. there is a good atmosphere in the hostel. You really need to improve the Wifi. Backpackers find this really important. Also there are some cool hostels that have big white boards. Here people can write down what trip they plan to do and when and also a place to leave their contact details if they are away all day. It allow guests to do these things together.

Only bad thing about this place is that there is little to no cell reception in the rooms and the wifi only really works in the lobby. If you get a bottom bunk watch your head. There isn't enough room to sit up so getting in and out is difficult. Especially for someone tall like me.

This hostel is worth the stay for the money. It's in a good location close to many bars and booming nightlife. The staff members were mostly helpful and friendly. The wifi is decent in the main area but non-existent in the rooms.

My first night in an 8 bed dorm was rough - there was water under the lockers from the a/c, which didn't work very well so the room was hot and smelly due to a couple of less than tidy bunkmates. I left early for a tour and returned to find my bed had been given away and items I'd left on the bed bagged up behind the desk. It turned out to be a simple front desk mix up and they kindly moved me to a private room at no cost for the 2nd night! Decent atmosphere and breakfast; I'd stay here again.

Stayed here for four nights. Was a little bit difficult to find. Beds are comfy and the staff are very friendly and helpful. There is a basic kitchen which is great because Manila is really expensive. Probably one of the safer areas of Manila as well

The hostel is great, staff is great, clean bathrooms, we loved staying there. ANd the best was this girl in the reception called Rica that with all her goos intentions gave us several hints of places to go and how to get there.

Good location Clean hostel