MNL Boutique Hostel Reviews

Valdez cor. Santiago St., Poblacion, Makati City, Manila, Philippines

I liked the hostel it was in a good location and the beds were very comfortable. The showers were also a good size and kept clean.

It would be helpful if the staff was willing to call a taxi for you, especially during rush hour when you have a flight to catch. The hostel was very cozy, the staff was friendly enough, and I really appreciated the towel that was provided!

Great staff. The MNL BYOB Bar is the bomb

• 16th Feb 2015

I enjoyed my stay although it was quite short. The reception were very welcoming and amenable to me making changes to my booking due to a cancelled flight and when I later lost my phone in the Philippines, they responded to my request to telephone it in the hope someone would answer it. There was a free breakfast in the morning which was more than adequate to start the day very positively, and wifi was available with no issues. The showers and all facilities were kept to a good standard. Please

I stayed already 2 times in a month and i am going to stay again!

Really helpful staff that helped to make it really pleasant experience in the city. It is great to mix with patient and friendly people. there is a good atmosphere in the hostel. You really need to improve the Wifi. Backpackers find this really important. Also there are some cool hostels that have big white boards. Here people can write down what trip they plan to do and when and also a place to leave their contact details if they are away all day. It allow guests to do these things together.

Only bad thing about this place is that there is little to no cell reception in the rooms and the wifi only really works in the lobby. If you get a bottom bunk watch your head. There isn't enough room to sit up so getting in and out is difficult. Especially for someone tall like me.

This hostel is worth the stay for the money. It's in a good location close to many bars and booming nightlife. The staff members were mostly helpful and friendly. The wifi is decent in the main area but non-existent in the rooms.

Stayed here for four nights. Was a little bit difficult to find. Beds are comfy and the staff are very friendly and helpful. There is a basic kitchen which is great because Manila is really expensive. Probably one of the safer areas of Manila as well

The hostel is great, staff is great, clean bathrooms, we loved staying there. ANd the best was this girl in the reception called Rica that with all her goos intentions gave us several hints of places to go and how to get there.

Good location Clean hostel

A great place to stay, very sociable atmosphere and interestingly decorated. Seemed a good place to make friends. Staff could have been a little more enthusiastic but were no worse than any other Filipino hostel I'd stayed at. By far the best internet connection I'd had in my 2 weeks in the country.

Very helpful staff, good location but Manila is rather stressful after spending so much time on the islands... Dorms are clean, I could use the facilities even after the check-out (my plane was in the evening) which I appreciated.

Great three night stay in a four bed female dorm- room 12. Noise from the street but wasn't too bad and the hostel supply excellent ear plugs on front desk. The hostel has a really nice energy and feels like a big share house. Variety of different people there when I visited but all polite and no noisy, arrogant, disrespectful people that I witnessed. Breakfast was good for a hostel. Probably the most helpful and pleasant hostel staff I've encountered! Keep up the great work guys!

Great staff, free towels, comfortable beds, free breakfast.

Great hostel! It was my 2nd time staying here

I absolutely loved my stay here. Its already the 3rd time that I came back to this hostel. The staff is super friendly and helpful and definitely willing to walk the extra mile for you. The rooms are nice and the beds are really comfy and you get free breakfirst and internet. Its a perfect spot to meet many likeminded travellers as well. I arrived alone but I left together with a group of 6 people. The only annoying thing was that there was never enough toiletpaper.

It was good, had a great time there. I wish there were MNL hostels all over the world. Internet connection was fast, rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, there are lockers with padlocks, there is a kitchen and a nice lounge are and staff are lovely

A bit noisy.. I could hear the cars and jeepneys outside, as well as the people staying in the lobby. Might not be so good for light sleepers... But the beds were very comfortable and rooms, toilet, and shower were all clean. The staff were quite friendly and helpful as well.

Thank you for a great stay. Love the family atmosphere and friendly faces every time I come in. Breakfast was filling, eggs and the waffles were a treat. Staff was always cleaning so everything was always spick and span. Made friends during our drinking session on the sidewalk! All I can say was the balut was.... interesting!! They also buy Banaue bus tix for a little extra but saves me the trouble of going back and forth. Off to MNL Boracay! See you soon Makati!