MNL Boutique Hostel Reviews

Valdez cor. Santiago St., Poblacion, Makati City, Manila, Philippines

The hostel is great, staff is great, clean bathrooms, we loved staying there. ANd the best was this girl in the reception called Rica that with all her goos intentions gave us several hints of places to go and how to get there.

Good location Clean hostel

Very helpful staff, good location but Manila is rather stressful after spending so much time on the islands... Dorms are clean, I could use the facilities even after the check-out (my plane was in the evening) which I appreciated.

Great three night stay in a four bed female dorm- room 12. Noise from the street but wasn't too bad and the hostel supply excellent ear plugs on front desk. The hostel has a really nice energy and feels like a big share house. Variety of different people there when I visited but all polite and no noisy, arrogant, disrespectful people that I witnessed. Breakfast was good for a hostel. Probably the most helpful and pleasant hostel staff I've encountered! Keep up the great work guys!

Great staff, free towels, comfortable beds, free breakfast.

Great hostel! It was my 2nd time staying here

I absolutely loved my stay here. Its already the 3rd time that I came back to this hostel. The staff is super friendly and helpful and definitely willing to walk the extra mile for you. The rooms are nice and the beds are really comfy and you get free breakfirst and internet. Its a perfect spot to meet many likeminded travellers as well. I arrived alone but I left together with a group of 6 people. The only annoying thing was that there was never enough toiletpaper.

It was good, had a great time there. I wish there were MNL hostels all over the world. Internet connection was fast, rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, there are lockers with padlocks, there is a kitchen and a nice lounge are and staff are lovely

A bit noisy.. I could hear the cars and jeepneys outside, as well as the people staying in the lobby. Might not be so good for light sleepers... But the beds were very comfortable and rooms, toilet, and shower were all clean. The staff were quite friendly and helpful as well.

Thank you for a great stay. Love the family atmosphere and friendly faces every time I come in. Breakfast was filling, eggs and the waffles were a treat. Staff was always cleaning so everything was always spick and span. Made friends during our drinking session on the sidewalk! All I can say was the balut was.... interesting!! They also buy Banaue bus tix for a little extra but saves me the trouble of going back and forth. Off to MNL Boracay! See you soon Makati!

Great staff, helpful and knowledgable of things to do in the city and around the Philippines, they also offer to buy your banaue ticket and book your first night stay at their recommended hostel there, rooms and bathrooms are clean, breakfast was yummy! -- toast, waffles and fruits, in house events--like merienda Monday and Bring Your Own Beer BYOB, enjoyed my stay and felt really at home. Definitely going to pass on my Karma card! Thanks guyss!!

Very friendly staff despite my 2am arrival. Room a bit noisy (friday night noise is expected the hostel is in the red light area) but reception had free ear plugs. Quiet area during the day.

It's pretty close to the airport which makes it cheap to get a taxi. For atmosphere there really is none and as a backpacker traveling alone, it makes it hard to meet people. A little over priced for what you get. Just toast and coffee for breakfast.

Its a very nice hostel with fun and amazing staff. I liked the mattress and the showers!! Very clean

Good location. Good vibe with lots of character. It's safe and comfortable.

This is a great place if you want to party. The staff was really helpful too

• 17th Oct 2014

May stay was going well until I could not sleep in the middle of the night due to rats/mice on the roof of Room 1. This is the dorm ensuite room. I would not recommend staying in this room as the rats and mice seem to have taken a liking to the roof of this room. Also this room has a window that is exposed to the street. Often you have musicians and people talking there into the early hours of the morning.

Pretty decent hostel for Manila. A little pricey given that rooms have no windows, but otherwise good value for money. If the staff cared a little more it would have made it even better

I really liked this hostel, it was in a good location my room was comfortable with air conditioning, the staff were nice. The facilities weren't fantastic but certainly good enough and very clean.

Mnl hostel was clean and staffs are kind enough.

• 6th Aug 2014