MPS Noorderzon Reviews

Postbus 273, Amsterdam, Netherlands

A very nice houseboat in a good location for a great price. The owners do not tolerate excessive partying so if you're headed to Amsterdam for this reason I recommend staying elsewhere. The quarters were fairly small, which is to be expected on a houseboat, but very nice and clean. There is no air conditioning so if you cannot sleep in hot weather, another location would be recommended during the summer.

WiFi not present but will be incoming

Very friendly

The room was really small. Only one person can change clothes each time. But it was clean and bed was good. It may be hot during the night because there are 2 small windows. The location is fine, 10-15 min walking to train station.

A thoroughly enjoyable and quirky venue within easy reach of the centre of Amsterdam

• 2nd Aug 2014

Really nice accommodation with comfortable, clean rooms and excellent facilities. The owner was extremely friendly and went out of his way to help his guests, giving us several great suggestions for sights to see and places to eat without us even asking. The view of the city from the boat is fantastic and is in a great location in walking distance from the city centre and Centraal Station. Next time I go back to Amsterdam I would certainly consider staying at the MPS Noorderzlon again!

• 2nd Aug 2014

Worst night ever in a hostel (been to 20 so far). The room was freakingly hot and had no windows and no AC either. Couldn't open the port as it was big and opened directly to the street with no security. Expect an utterly small room, 3 of us couldn't stand at the same time in the 4-bed one. Expensive place and charges 2.5% more if you pay with card. Owner couldn't give tourist information and was very rude. No wifi, breakfast or kitchen. Location OK. Long story short, bad value for money.

extremly hot nights

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Slovakia

Very good service! They even helped me with my motorcycle, they fixed a screw :-)

Great location, good explanation of the city by the owners of the hotel when we arrived.

Short stay in Amsterdam of only twelve hours but we were welcomed very well and given tips on the best places to eat and see the city in the short time we were there. Wish it could have been longee

We loved our stay at the MPS Noorderzon. The recommendations from the hosts were excellent and they were very helpful when we had to store our luggage for a few hours. The room was small but very very clean and perfect for 3 nights. Loved the deck. Thank you!

• 13th Jul 2014

Cozy, quiet accomodation an a boat close to the train station and the Nemo museum. Loved staying there. We got a warm welcome when we came and some tips about the city. Only stayed for a night but would want to stay longer.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Iceland

My boyfriend and I absolutely loved this hostel. Very helpful and friendly staff. Upon arrival our host sat is down and mapped out all the essential places for us, extremely helpful. Accommodations are tight but it's a boat! It's to be expected and it is awesome!

The hotel was great. The owners were very professions, and helped us with everything we need. When we arrived they set with us and gave us some good tips about the city. The place is quiet, and everything is working like a clock. The only thing that was missing for us was a Wifi (to be fair, we were aware that there is no wifi when we order the place in the hotel). All in all, I defiantly recommend this hotel, and we had great time on it.

Upon arrival, we were treated like criminals, speaking on a very rude way: you are late (there was a huge traffic jam on the highway due to an accident), you cannot take any drugs on the boat (we never take drugs), you have to leave 10 € as deposit for the key, and so on. We had booked a room for 4 people.Obviously we expected a small room, but the room was only 6 sqm! Not 3 of us could stand on the floor at the same time. Never again

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Upon arriving, the owner of the boat sat down with us and a map and showed us where to eat and what to do from a local's perspective. It was a very nice experience to stay on a boat and sitting out on the deck in the sunshine! the Host was friendly and helpful.I would love to stay there again

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Singapore

My friend and I had a great stay. Our host was very helpful in showing us the area and made great recommendations for places to eat.

What an amazing experience in Amsterdam! So central, safe & very social. The hosts were unbelievable, friendly &, informative ever place they recommended was great ,, food, location, tour etc We felt very much at home, if you stick to the rules you can have a fabulous time. You always think that Hostels are for the young, hello I am nearly 60 but was travelling with a youngster, never felt better! I will definitely return. Moira

• 25th Jun 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

QUiet place but close to center. Nice staff and good recommondations.

« first « Prev 1 2 3