MPS Noorderzon Reviews

Postbus 273, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Warm welcome by the owner. Upon arrival he briefed us about the rules of use of facilities, terrace and the kitchen. He provided us the city landmark map and suggested few important visit also. It was once in a life time experience to us. Nice view around the location, near to Amsterdam central and Dam square. I will recommend everybody visiting Amsterdam must have this experience at MPS Noorderzon...... Happy stay to one and all. Thanks chief.

• India

We had a great time on the MPS Nooderzon. We had a great welcoming and everything we needed, even a map with good areas to go around and visit. Thanks a lot !

• 24th May 2014

We were a bit nervous about staying in a 'hostel' bit it was great. Loved the location, the beds were comfy and it was so clean. Bart and his wife were so lovely and helpful. It will be my first choice when we visit Amsterdam again.

• Couple, 41+

My worst experience ever! I booked a room, but I didn't noticed inf. about children.When my husband, my 3 year old son and me arrived to the hotel the host said that the room is only for 2 persons and we could not stay even for additional price for the child.My husband agreed to find another place to stay for himself but the host was so unwelcome that refused to accommodate even my son and me.We found ourselves on the street with no place to stay, it was 22pm Friday, everything was fully booked.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Russia

there has been frequent contact by email with this guest, but never a word about bringing an extra p. it is NEVER possible to use a 2 p. room with 3 p. even with a 3 year child. This is one of the regulations of our insurance company. The guest could have mentioned that they wanted to bring a child, then we would have told to reserve a room for more persons. They were consistent to use the room with 3 p. Therefor was no confidance that the man would try to find another place, but sneek in.

Excellent choice. Very happy about it, wish we could stay longer. The owners were really nice and friendly.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Greece

The staff treated us like if we were criminals

The localization is great, next to the central station and the tourist attractions. The boat has a deck with tables, which is a cool place to be in the late afternoon. The kitchen closes at 23h, so after that time it’s not possible to access. We had a problema on the day of the check out, we didn’t know that if we had to go before 11h we had to notify them. The final impression I got is that the owners weren’t very happy to host us.

It's a good choice for a group of friends. And what's more important is the toilets and bathroom r really clean! And the simple breaskfast is lovely too.

Our stay was not pleasant. The staff is rude, and talk in a depreciative way. They only did what good is expected from all hotel staff. Each room has a window to the top of the ship that is open most of the time and we cant close it during the evening even if it is extremely cold because the owner will come and complain that the area is forbidden. So close your window before 23h. Finally the shower curtain was very small which led to the water escape into the room and make the floor all wet.

enjoyed my stay here the owners were lovely, the location was a little bit far but the walk is lovely so cant complain. would stay here again I MISS DAM

• 13th Apr 2014

Leontien and partner are true Dutch mariners and embrace life with an adventure spirit. Perfect location to visit the Nieumarkt and adjacent neighborhoods of the red light and perfect quiet canal community; walk to Central Station; close hop across to the Jordaan and Harlemerstraat.

• 13th Apr 2014

I stayed one night in this boat. The boat is pretty cool, quiet and clean. We slept well and recommend this place!

Perfect location for a short stay!!!

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

Superb location, very clean, super and helpful owners. Would very highly recommend this accomodation.

• 5th Apr 2014

Had a fab time staying here; perfect location, in walking distance if everything. Comfortable stay. I'll definite return here

1 2 Next » last »