MPS Noorderzon Reviews

Postbus 273, Amsterdam, Netherlands

QUiet place but close to center. Nice staff and good recommondations.

Upon arriving, the owner of the boat sat down with us and a map and showed us where to eat and what to do from a local's perspective. We visited the plazas, markets, and restaurants she recommended and were very pleased. We even got free drinks at a restaurant and a discount on our bike rental when we mentioned Noorderzon sent us. Her suggestions, and our experience on the Noorderzon, enhanced our trip to Amsterdam.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Was a very nice experience to stay on a boat. I loved sitting out on the deck in the sunshine! Small rooms.. But that can be expected for a boat. The hosts were so friendly and gave us plenty of information about the local sights and good places to go eat. I would stay here again!

We had a fantastic stay on the boat! It is a great location to explore the city from and everyone was extremely friendly.

• 21st Jun 2014

Exactly what you pay for. Friendly and helpful staff. Clean rooms. Good location. Very much enjoyed the experience.

• 18th Jun 2014

Very nice place to spend a weekend in Amsterdam.

We were so happy to have found such a lovely place to stay and with such welcoming and helpful owners. The boat is a haven of tranquillity in the heart of Amsterdam and the owners Leontine and Bart did everything they could to help us enjoy our stay. We particularly liked that there was a sitting room, as well as a terrace on deck, where we could have drinks and bring our own food on board to eat there if we wanted, whilst enjoying views out over the harbour and city.

• 30th May 2014

We were very happy with the boat and the location. The room was a bit small but accommodated us fine. There were plenty shops around and a great place we had breakfast just across the water. We would definitely stay here again.

• 30th May 2014
  • Scotland

Enjoyed our one night on the boat. Room was clean with basic facilities. No real food prep equipment or luggage storage which could be a problem for others. Location good, close to central station and not far from old town.

Warm welcome by the owner. Upon arrival he briefed us about the rules of use of facilities, terrace and the kitchen. He provided us the city landmark map and suggested few important visit also. It was once in a life time experience to us. Nice view around the location, near to Amsterdam central and Dam square. I will recommend everybody visiting Amsterdam must have this experience at MPS Noorderzon...... Happy stay to one and all. Thanks chief.

• India

We had a great time on the MPS Nooderzon. We had a great welcoming and everything we needed, even a map with good areas to go around and visit. Thanks a lot !

• 24th May 2014

We were a bit nervous about staying in a 'hostel' bit it was great. Loved the location, the beds were comfy and it was so clean. Bart and his wife were so lovely and helpful. It will be my first choice when we visit Amsterdam again.

• Couple, 41+

My worst experience ever! I booked a room, but I didn't noticed inf. about children.When my husband, my 3 year old son and me arrived to the hotel the host said that the room is only for 2 persons and we could not stay even for additional price for the child.My husband agreed to find another place to stay for himself but the host was so unwelcome that refused to accommodate even my son and me.We found ourselves on the street with no place to stay, it was 22pm Friday, everything was fully booked.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Russia

there has been frequent contact by email with this guest, but never a word about bringing an extra p. it is NEVER possible to use a 2 p. room with 3 p. even with a 3 year child. This is one of the regulations of our insurance company. The guest could have mentioned that they wanted to bring a child, then we would have told to reserve a room for more persons. They were consistent to use the room with 3 p. Therefor was no confidance that the man would try to find another place, but sneek in.

Excellent choice. Very happy about it, wish we could stay longer. The owners were really nice and friendly.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Greece

The staff treated us like if we were criminals

The localization is great, next to the central station and the tourist attractions. The boat has a deck with tables, which is a cool place to be in the late afternoon. The kitchen closes at 23h, so after that time it’s not possible to access. We had a problema on the day of the check out, we didn’t know that if we had to go before 11h we had to notify them. The final impression I got is that the owners weren’t very happy to host us.

It's a good choice for a group of friends. And what's more important is the toilets and bathroom r really clean! And the simple breaskfast is lovely too.

Our stay was not pleasant. The staff is rude, and talk in a depreciative way. They only did what good is expected from all hotel staff. Each room has a window to the top of the ship that is open most of the time and we cant close it during the evening even if it is extremely cold because the owner will come and complain that the area is forbidden. So close your window before 23h. Finally the shower curtain was very small which led to the water escape into the room and make the floor all wet.

enjoyed my stay here the owners were lovely, the location was a little bit far but the walk is lovely so cant complain. would stay here again I MISS DAM

• 13th Apr 2014

Leontien and partner are true Dutch mariners and embrace life with an adventure spirit. Perfect location to visit the Nieumarkt and adjacent neighborhoods of the red light and perfect quiet canal community; walk to Central Station; close hop across to the Jordaan and Harlemerstraat.

• 13th Apr 2014