MPS Noorderzon Reviews

Postbus 273, Amsterdam, Netherlands

My boyfriend and I stayed on the MPS Noorderzon for two nights. We were very impressed with the staff as they gave great recommendations. The room was small, but that was expected. The bed was comfortable and it was very nice to have our own bathroom. The location was great--just minutes from the central train station and an enjoyable walk/bike ride to all the major attractions in Amsterdam. Staying on a houseboat was a great experience, and we'd recommend it to anyone!

We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the boat was! Located in a great spot, about 10 minute walk from Centraal station and easy walking distance to all the main attractions. It was really quiet and we slept without hassle on each night of our stay. Our host was lovely as well, giving us recommendations and directions - could not have asked for much more!

We spent 2 very nice nights at the MPS Noorderzon! The location is great, at the very center of the city and on a boat, what a nice idea! The owner is very friendly and, even if she does not provide breakfasts, it allows you to use the furniture and the refrigerator to prepare your own ones, and the and coffee are for free. The only a little bit uncomfortable part is that the walls are very thin and everything can be heard, but it is a little price to pay! I certainly suggest the place.

My friend and I had a great stay here while in Amsterdam. The rooms are a little small (what do you expect, you're on a boat!) but we're comfortable and cozy. The location is amazing; 5 minute walk from the central train station, and within 20 minutes you can walk to any of Amsterdam's main attractions. If recommend this for anyone looking to mix it up and try a new hostel experience.

Perfect location - about a 15 minute walk from Amsterdam Centraal and very easy to find. The boat has a homey feel and the rooms are just the right size. Plus, we needed to print a ticket that we left at home and the hostess let us use her printer.

Really original, I enjoyed sleeping on a boat! The personnal is welcoming and kindly giving you advices on what to do if you ask. The location is good, 10min of walking from train station and close to the city center (10-15min) but still in a quiet place. The room was of course not big (we are on a boat!) but it was clean and with a bit of organization it s ok. I appreciated the free coffe/tea.

• 27th Mar 2015

A tiny but nice and well equipped room. Since the weather was terrible we really appreciated good heating system. Both the room and bathroom were very clean. Negative: noisy fan that switches on around 8 AM. I think 9 AM would be more welcomed by visitors.

Check in is not available throughout the whole day although they pretend they are.

• 21st Mar 2015