MPS Waterland Amsterdam Reviews

Oosterdok 1011 VX Amsterdam, Postbus 390 Nijmegen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

For us it was perfect: nice owner, clean, quiet location near the center, good breakfast, affordable price and it was on the boat which was a lovely experience. We were very happy with our stay on Waterland.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Estonia

the guy was late in the check in for 3 hours so we entered and leave our stuff; it was not pleasant to start the trip. other than this everything was perfect . the room the breakfast and the location!

Simply perfect. The boat is located 10 mins of walk from the Centraal station and offers wonderful views not many hotels can offer. The place is clean, cosy and has a great spirit. I enjoyed the rich breakfasts so much. Plus there is a coffee and a tea during whole day. The living area is equiped with many table games,maps, books and relaxed music . Roel was an awesome host and made our stay unforgettable. I hope to come back. Thank you so much. I am really grateful :)

Thanks a lot for everything Roel! (breakfast surprises, music playslists: ) Hope you got our note that we left at the kitchen counter (with a Drawing :). Minty and Aude (Dec 24- Jan 2)

Small but really nice rooms. Washing hands in your room possible, toilets and shower are shared. Perfect to have a nice weekend for a young couple. Nothing to have party at the boat.

Great place! Excellent breakfast, but no wifi.

The perfect place to stay!

• 19th Sep 2013

It was an awesome stay on the boat and me and my girlfriend enjoyed it very much. By the way, the breakfast is definitly worth the money! And the atmosphere is just unpayable, its quiet and you still are close to the main train station and the tourist attractions.

My Boyfriend and i had a lovely stay on Waterland (sept 2013) Breakfast was great and the self serve bar is cheap. All the shared facilities are very clean and while the rooms are on the small side it is definitely not something that should put you off, next time i visit Amsterdam this is where i will be staying.

Great breakfast!

• 14th Jun 2013
  • Finland

We had a great time staying on board the MPS Waterland and will definitely be recommending it to anyone going to Amsterdam!

This was our first hostel experience, and it could not have been nicer. The location is perfect, a ten minute walk from the central train station and twenty minutes from most other tourist attractions. The owner was incredibly nice and set out a great breakfast for us both mornings! The doors only lock from the outside, which is nice during the day, and didn't matter at night. The beds are extremely comfortable! I definitely recommend the Waterland!

• 7th Jun 2013

Although there is no wifi, my friend and I paid no mind. We had such a wonderful time! Roel told us fabulous places to go, local scenes, etc. The location was easy to find, especially in comparison to the train station. In Amsterdam in general I never felt unsafe so the security on here was fine. Bathroom and showers are shared which wasn't bothersome as my friend and I were the only ones on the boat the first 2 days of our stay. Definitely worth the money! Lovely time!

• 5th Jun 2013

The hostel is pretty good but people must be aware that there is no wi-fi and the wall as really thin so you can hear everything that's going on in the entire boat.

• 17th May 2013

Breakfast are greats and the owner a kind and interesting person who will enjoy sharing with you his passion for trips on "peniche".

• 9th May 2013

Very nice :)

MPS was great. The owner/operator is so nice and provides an awesome breakfast in the morning included in the payment to stay there. The rooms have 2 beds and a sink. The beds are very comfortable! The showers and bathrooms are clean and there is hot water and good water pressure. There is no WIFI which can be a downside, but many cafes in the area have WIFI so it wasnt too big of a hassle.

The only one problem as far as I am concerned is the fact that we can't lock the room from the inside. But there were no problem, no intruders... guess people trust each other in the Netherlands!

• 5th Apr 2013

the owner is the kindness and chillness itself! great atmosphere at the houseboat! totally recommendable!!! :-)

A very nice gentleman the one who runs the hostel. We were completly happy with his help. Thumbs up for him!

View all Amsterdam Bed and Breakfasts