MPS Waterland Amsterdam Reviews

Oosterdok 1011 VX Amsterdam, Postbus 390 Nijmegen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The boat is very neat and located centrally near the train station. Nevertheless it is very quiet around. The cabins are small but comfortable and the heating works great. You can hear neighbouring rooms. Towels & fresh sheets were provided. It is a doable walk to the main attractions. The owner is very nice, we were able to leave our stuff during the last day and he even printed a ticket for me. There is coffee & tea available for free in the dining area throughout the day. Breakfast was great!

Lovely little holiday :)

My son and I truly enjoyed our stay on "Waterland", B&B boat. Our Captain/host, Roel was a wonderful and gracious host. The food he prepares for the included breakfast is WONDERFUL! The cabins are tiny as can be of course, but we had a nice window to open for fresh air. It's a 'do-able" walk from the Train station with your walking shoes on.. and the landmark of NEMO is a great one, so you never get lost finding your way back to the Waterland! We'd definitely stay at Waterland again!

Perfecte uitvalsbasis om amsterdam te verkennen.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

It was a pleasure to stay at MPS Waterland, we had a great time there, the breakfast is awesome and our host was very nice. Would totally do it again!

• 17th Oct 2014

For us it was perfect: nice owner, clean, quiet location near the center, good breakfast, affordable price and it was on the boat which was a lovely experience. We were very happy with our stay on Waterland.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Estonia

the guy was late in the check in for 3 hours so we entered and leave our stuff; it was not pleasant to start the trip. other than this everything was perfect . the room the breakfast and the location!

Simply perfect. The boat is located 10 mins of walk from the Centraal station and offers wonderful views not many hotels can offer. The place is clean, cosy and has a great spirit. I enjoyed the rich breakfasts so much. Plus there is a coffee and a tea during whole day. The living area is equiped with many table games,maps, books and relaxed music . Roel was an awesome host and made our stay unforgettable. I hope to come back. Thank you so much. I am really grateful :)

Thanks a lot for everything Roel! (breakfast surprises, music playslists: ) Hope you got our note that we left at the kitchen counter (with a Drawing :). Minty and Aude (Dec 24- Jan 2)

Small but really nice rooms. Washing hands in your room possible, toilets and shower are shared. Perfect to have a nice weekend for a young couple. Nothing to have party at the boat.

Great place! Excellent breakfast, but no wifi.

The perfect place to stay!

• 19th Sep 2013

It was an awesome stay on the boat and me and my girlfriend enjoyed it very much. By the way, the breakfast is definitly worth the money! And the atmosphere is just unpayable, its quiet and you still are close to the main train station and the tourist attractions.

My Boyfriend and i had a lovely stay on Waterland (sept 2013) Breakfast was great and the self serve bar is cheap. All the shared facilities are very clean and while the rooms are on the small side it is definitely not something that should put you off, next time i visit Amsterdam this is where i will be staying.

Great breakfast!

• 14th Jun 2013
  • Finland

We had a great time staying on board the MPS Waterland and will definitely be recommending it to anyone going to Amsterdam!

This was our first hostel experience, and it could not have been nicer. The location is perfect, a ten minute walk from the central train station and twenty minutes from most other tourist attractions. The owner was incredibly nice and set out a great breakfast for us both mornings! The doors only lock from the outside, which is nice during the day, and didn't matter at night. The beds are extremely comfortable! I definitely recommend the Waterland!

• 7th Jun 2013

Although there is no wifi, my friend and I paid no mind. We had such a wonderful time! Roel told us fabulous places to go, local scenes, etc. The location was easy to find, especially in comparison to the train station. In Amsterdam in general I never felt unsafe so the security on here was fine. Bathroom and showers are shared which wasn't bothersome as my friend and I were the only ones on the boat the first 2 days of our stay. Definitely worth the money! Lovely time!

• 5th Jun 2013

The hostel is pretty good but people must be aware that there is no wi-fi and the wall as really thin so you can hear everything that's going on in the entire boat.

• 17th May 2013

Breakfast are greats and the owner a kind and interesting person who will enjoy sharing with you his passion for trips on "peniche".

• 9th May 2013