Maa Vaishno Guest House Reviews

B5/188. Shivala Ghat, Varanasi, India

Neither the property nor the room were as advertised. I thought the place far less than hospitable in location, atmosphere, n appearance. Customer service was beyond poor as there was none. I chose not to stay n forfeited my deposit.

• 28th Mar 2014

Had a fantastic time at this hostel over Holi festival. As a solo female traveller I found Maa Vaishno was a great place to meet people and felt very safe and comfortable here. Really good atmosphere and staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was great value, basic but cheap and clean. Located between the two main ghats in a more quiet area away from the chaos and still easy walking distance from main tourist area. Thankyou for a great stay, I will always fondly remember Holi in Varanasi!

Nice place to stay. This is the cheapest guesthouse I know in Varanasi. And u know the best place I stayed in that ancient city! Cause owner of this place very helpful. He provide everything u need for stay in his guesthouse. Highly recommend to all backpackers who travel on budget.

This guest house is one of the small ones, but the famely atmosphere is so nice. Children playing on the rooftop while the cook is making delicious food. The rooms a small and cheep. take care of 109 its cold during the winter. People are helpful, and you must meet Raju Varanasi this man knows the city well and Vill help you take the right decision together with you. I've been staying 2 days with him, and I have fun and saw amasing things the Indian way, without eany extra cost. A good friend:-)

• 3rd Jan 2014
  • Denmark

The guy that picked up us from the train station was very nice as well as the people in the hotel. But the room was smelly and hasn’t got a western toilet. There was no shower (but a bowl to fill up) and hot water only for a short time. The rooftop was dirty with a good view. The staff is always trying to sell you some of their tours. You get what you pay!

View all Varanasi Bed and Breakfasts