Macanudo Hostel Reviews

Paysandú 889, Montevideo, Montevideo, Uruguay

One of the best hostels I've stayed in, in 6+ months of travelling. Staff are super friendly and helpful, and it's a very comfortable hostel.

The two brothers, Brendan and Sean, have thought of everything to make this not only a hostel but a home. There's a great atmosphere, clean, big kitchen and lovely roof terrace. This is the only place i would stay when I return to Montevideo.

• 24th Jul 2014

We stayed 2 night at the hostel. Great place with a nice atmosphere and very comfortable common room.

Great hostel, it is very nice and the staff is great. You can order food online and have it delivered there, which is great on cold nights and Sundays. My only recommendation would be to improve the breakfast, it is a little too simple compared to other hostels, maybe improve the bread and the juice.

• 20th Jul 2014

Nice hostel with excellent TV. Room including Netflix. Enjoyed our stay

Absolutely loved this place. The people running it are so nice and friendly, and the building has been gorgeously renovated and decorated. You have got to see the rooftop terrace. All beds have universal adapters, and while sheets are included, towels are available for a deposit/small fee, as are locks and a few other things. The building itself is close to the main square in the old city; I wouldn't recommend walking home by yourself at night. The building has excellent security though.

• 10th Jul 2014

Very nice rooftop!

Hey mates, Thank you so much for your warm and kind hospiltality. Your hostel was the first I felt truly welcomed at. Along with the friendly service came beautiful facilities and an environment that I haven't experienced anywhere else. The kitchen was spacious and well equipped, the bed was so comfortable it induced dreams of marshmallows, the rooftop gave me beautiful sunset photos. But despite the amazing facilities it's not where you are but who you're with, so thank you for a great time. x

• 20th Jun 2014

Great hostel, really nicely renovated building and the guys working there were super friendly and helpful in dealing with any request. would happily stay again, its probably one of the best hostels ive stayed at in the whole of south america!

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The entire place was spotless. I have zero complaints!

Genuinely friendly staff. Spacious place and surprisingly clean!

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Spain

A home away from home- this hostel is clean with a great kitchen

Great environment! And so adorable and clean inside. Was originally hard to find at night though. The staff was so helpful and amazing. Even helped me order food at 12 at night. One staff lady was semi rude the next day cause we checked out and our bus didn't leave til a little bit later in the afternoon so we were lingering I guess- she didn't like that. Bit overall, great experience

Macanudo Hostel is a very beautiful and peaceful place close to the city center of Montevideo. The bedrooms are spacious and furnished nicely and colorful. The facilities are very new, clean and with a great style as the hostel itself is. The owners are great people, always willing to help and up for a good talk. Guys, keep up the good work. The best of luck for the future. All the best, Jannik and Charlotte

The most beautiful hostel we’ve ever stayed in. Clean, really well set out, spacious dorms which have lockers under the beds and very comfortable beds. Kitchen is amazingly well equipped with everything you could want or need. Great common spaces including lounge room with Netflicks. Breakfast is typical (jam/ham/cheese/fruit/tea/coffee). Staff are very helpful and friendly. Only con, the doors/windows don't have screens are there are mosquitos, so have repellant. Would definitely recommend.

Great place and fantastic staff who really helped us with organizing our bus on the bank holiday! Would recommend!!

The best city hostel weve ever stayed at! After a year travelling south america i recommend anyone in montevideo stays here! Cheers guys for an awesome stay (although way to short!)

Macanudo was one of the best hostels I've stayed. The house is beautiful: well maintened and well decorated, with comfortable beds, pleasant natural light and good furniture in the collective areas - and an really nice terrace at the top; the staff is great: nice and helpful, ready to help you whenever you need. The hostel is close to avenida 18 de Julio and the historical center. Macanudo is definetely a best value!

This hostel is great! Its is new and clean, with lots of space. The owners have really thought out how they want to hostel to be, I.e the dorms are very spacious with big bunk beds, and lockers under the beds. There still a few bits that need improving, I.e. the hostel has no sign out the front yet, but the owners are working on it. I really recommend this place! Especially because it is clean.

Such an incredible hostel. Beautifully decorated, spacious rooms, great breakfast and friendly staff who care about their hostel. Beds have individual powerpoints. Bathrooms are a short walk from the rooms but this is a good thing as you don't disturb others in your room. I would have extended my stay if I could have just for the hostel.