Macgabhainns Backpackers Hostel

8.4
Fabulous 2059 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 25-30
21st Jun 2017

Perfect location, nice and clean, and the staff were very welcoming and helpful

• Ireland, Male, 41+
16th Jun 2017

Did the job.for a short stay as was gone early morning and back late night. Friendly staff bar one. bed and pillow a bit on hard side. But i would be happy to stay again.

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
10th Jun 2017

The place is very clean and organised, staff is very friendly. The only thing I think they should change is to not keep the kitchen closed from 11:00PM to 08:00AM.

Thanks for your kind words. The kitchen is closed from 11 pm to 8 am for safety reasons but if anybody would like to use the kitchen between those times they can ask at reception and we are happy to do that. Happy travels.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
6th Jun 2017

Very happy with the convenient location and room facilities were adequate. The bathroom was good enough, overall generally happy with this accommodation

• Canada, Female, 25-30
24th May 2017

Loved this hostel! Staff were amazing and I instantly felt like I was at home. Great location and fell in love with Kilkenny! Chill at the Hole in the Wall when you are there :)

24th May 2017

Great, fantastic, stupendous hostel! Simple, but tasty free breakfast. Good placement of power outlets (and there were lots of them). Very neat common room and communal kitchen! All of the staff there were absolutely terrific, and I enjoyed talking with each of them. Hostel was just a short walk away from the city center and the main attractions; it was especially close to St. Canice's Cathedral (2 min. walk). I enjoyed my stay immensely; it was very comfortable, and I wish I had stayed longer.

• Ireland, Mixed Group, 25-30
20th May 2017
4.3

Everything seemed to be an issue and was treated very immaturely. Was informed about the zero alcohol tolerance on versions occassions before we checked it! The rooms are gross. Underneath our bed was a paint can and the rollers used to paint the room. I could see and touch the instillation for the walls. Not to meantion the slaps of paint on the wall to cover up dirty. The fire exit was in our room which was opened by a light touch on the door. I will never recommend staying in this place.

Sorry to see your group were so unhappy with our backpacker's hostel. We are not a party hosted and had to ask your group a few times not to be drinking and playing loud music in your bedrooms. Happy travels Macgabhainn​s crew

• ame_chap
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
17th May 2017
6.3

Met some nice people, but the place wasn't really nice. The rooms were small but overall okay. The bathrooms were awfull: because the floor was always wet so I guess that's why it was warp. If I had known I would have stayed somewhere else or only one night (I stayed there for 3 nights).

15th May 2017

Absolutely awesome hostel. Best one I've been to so far.

• Ireland, Mixed Group, 18-24
6th May 2017

Great location! Only complaint was there was no cooker and microwave was out of order but there's lots of places a short walk away to get food :)