Macgabhainns Backpackers Hostel Reviews

24 Vicar Street, Kilkenny, Ireland

Great location, great staff.

Excellent hostel !

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Good location and within walking distance of the town centre. Very accommodating to our group and would definitely stay again.

• 12th Jul 2014

I had the best time in Kilkenny and that is in no small part to my stay at MacGabhainns.

The room was very smelly and old, bathrooms were disgusting. We've had the misfortune of staying two nights at this hostel and could not sleep at all because of the noise other guests were making late/early in the night. If you like listening to drunk people making commotion for most of the night, this is the hostel for you. However, if you want a place where you can actually sleep, go somewhere else.

We are truly sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We had a group of very unruly men staying that Saturday night and it did take us awhile to sort out the situation and control the noise. Our bedrooms are recently refurbished and bathrooms cleaned regularly everyday. We wish you had of informed us of any such problems during your stay and we would of Sorted them out straight away. Once again we are truly sorry

One of the best in Ireland in a very classy city.

The staff was amazing and the location was great (close enough to walk to everything, yet far enough to feel isolated). I highly recommend this hostel for anyone visiting Kilkenny, I'd stay here again.

Great little hostel. Fergus and the staff are super helpful and more than happy to just have a chat about the game or whatever. Definitely recommend

I liked our stay, we enjoyed the hospitality! The staff was very knowledgeable and gave us all the tips for the city. It was a fantastic location and was very quite at night. It felt very homey. There was no TV to show world cup games! :(

As this is a small hostel, it feels more like living in a large house. Only a 10 minute walk to places. The staff was great in making me feel welcome, and giving me helpful tips about where to go eat, ect.

It's a great place. The staff was really nice and helpful. I like the fact that it's not on the main street, but it's near everything ! Thanks folks !

Feels like home! The staffs are very friendly and welcoming! 🌸

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

Location was good and staff was incredibly friendly and helpful! We had a twin private ensuite and the room/bathroom were small but nice. Seemed clean and beds were comfortable. The place in General was pretty small but nice, and quiet in the evening which was nice. We asked for restaurant recommendations and we went to one of the places, Matt the Millers, and it was the best meal we had by far, so glad we took their recommendations! We would stay again.

Great set up. A little far from the bus/train stop (10-15 minute walk), but definitely walkable. Helpful staff. Nice set up. Good value.

Very nice hostel, the staff was very nice and he explain me everything about the city. Good breakfast. Just three minutes to de city center. Good place to sleep, no noise. My bedroom was ok too, just a complain; my mattress was very thin and I could fell the springs all night.

Had a very nice stay there :) staff was very friendly and helpful ... Dishwasher in the kitchen was a nice change to other hostels and it was great to have en-suite without paying extra ;)

No me gustó nada este hostal, aunque el dueño fue majo, todo en el hostal está muy viejo, los baños (q además son muy pequeños), el colchón (lleno de bultos), las sábanas llenas de pelotillas... Nada recomendable. I did not like this hostel, although the owner was nice, everything in the guest house is very old, the bathrooms ( very small), mattress (lumpy), sheets... Not recommended at all.

We are sorry to see you didn't enjoy your stay with us. What can we say, our bathrooms are compact but are cleaned regularly during the day plus we have power showers. All our mattresses are new and have foam toppers. Thanks for your comments, Happy travels MacGabhainns crew

Great hostel! Very friendly staff. Perfect location - close to town. Would stay here again :)

Great hostel, friendly and helpful staff. Good location, close to the center. Would definitely go there again.

Such a nice little place. The owner was incredibly friendly and welcoming. Great information sheet given on arrival. Very easy to navigate from the hostel into the town and castle. Would def recommend!

« first « Prev 1 2 3