Macgabhainns Backpackers Hostel Reviews

24 Vicar Street, Kilkenny, Ireland

It's a grand hostel. No real problems as such, but I won't be booking again. Not a place to stay if you want a few pre-drinks before you head out. Silence is expected, we were told to turn off our music at half 9. Location isn't great either. Also being asked if you're on Tinder when you arrive is creepy.

The staff were really friendly and the rooms were nice, great people. The only thing I didn't like was it was out of the way a bit from the centre.

great staff was a good quiet night stay

Absolutely wonderful, friendly, cozy vibe. A really great place to meet other travellers. One of the staff members took us and several other guests out to a few pubs. I had a really lovely time in Kilkenny and will be back!

• 23rd Jun 2015

This was a nice, relaxed place: the staff is friendly but not actually dynamic. Still, a cozy little place that I'd recommend to anyone not too fussy going through Kilkenny.

The hostel was very clean. The kitchen was very well equiped with a lot fo pots, cups ... and the staff was very kind.

Great location, staff and facilities, the underbed lock boxes are a nice idea. The whole place could do with a revamp to make it a bit more aesthetically pleasing but this doesn't affect your stay.

Awsome hostel, very clean. Big thank to Fergus, hostel manager, Philipp and Esperanza, very friendly hostel employees. I enjoyed staying in the hostel and would definetly recommend it to everyone who come to Kilkenny

I only stayed a night there but everything was up to what I could expect. I'd say it was even better than expected for the price of a room. The staff is nice, and ready to give you advices and good tips, so what more to ask? The only thing is that the kitchen only opens at 8am, which seems quite late to me. It isn't very handy if you have to be on your way or if you are an early bird! But apart from that little thing, everything was good!

• 10th Jun 2015

Had a lovely stay in Kilkenny. Hostel is in walking distance to the city centre. Staff was very friendly.

• 30th May 2015

We really enjoyed our stay here. The room was spotless and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Less than 5 mins walk to Kilkenny centre. The only criticism I would have would be that a couple of the beds were very soft and uncomfortable (according to others) though mine was fine! Overall would be happy to recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Kilkenny.

comfy clean bed in a nice little hostel in a nice little city.

that hostel is small but have a nice,atmosphere is quiet,good ratio price/quality,good position...Kilkenny is small.so the hostel is ok!

Relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Not so busy there, smaller hostel. Nice bathroom ;)

• 17th May 2015
  • Austria

My wife and I our in our mid 40s and yet we felt we where treated like everyone else. We also had a 21 year old with us and she liked it as well. It was an awesome place in an awesome town.

Staff were really friendly and helpful.

Loved staying here, the staff were amazing!!

Awesome hostel run by awesome people. Big thank you to Ferg and Phillip (Julien). Had an awesome awesome time there :)

The Macgabhainns Backpacker Hostel in Kilkenny is really good! I stayed there with a friend of mine and we thought that it was one of the best hostels in Ireland! Unfortunately we only stayed for one night, but we wished we could have stayed longer.. The hostel was very clean, all the time.The staff was super friendly, explained everything in a very nice and personal way, which made you feel like a family member.. The atmosphere was brilliant! Plus, the hostel offered a free breakfast.

• 12th May 2015

Macgabhainns was a great little hostel. In a good location and the directions given were very easy to understand. Although small, the staff was very friendly and the facilities were nice to use.

« first « Prev 1 2 3