Macgabhainns Backpackers Hostel Reviews

24 Vicar Street, Kilkenny, Ireland

The volunteer staff were great and friendy! The kitchen, bathroom, and laundry facilities could use some updating. Lockers are too small for backpacks.

• 1st Feb 2016

If I'm ever in Kilkenny again I'll stay here. Short walk to the sights and food, staff was a little green but they are very friendly and helpful.

Staffs very friendly and helpful, good location, poor breakfast, the room me and my boyfriend stayed was for two but it doesn't worth (in my opinion) 'cause was very tiny with one small double bed and a bunk bed.. charmless. I really didn't understand that. The room also wasn't very warm, I can say that was hard to get up in the morning in that cold. The shower is good but the window there that doens't close completely is annoying.

Great stay! The staff were wonderful and the hostel is right in town! Would recommend to anyone

Very close proximity to all of the pubs, restaurants, and attractions in Kilkenny. Car park was nearby which was also good. The bathrooms/toilets were fairly dirty, especially the upstairs communal bathrooms (we stayed in the mixed dorm on the first level with its own bathroom, but a few of the girls used the showers/toilets upstairs).

The staff there were lovely and friendly and on a mighty where things were really crazy because of a drunk idiot they handled the situation really well. And because of a jerk in my room let me take their bed. Cozy, Quaint, and in good proximity to the pubs and places of interest in Killkenny. I had an awesome Nee Year's here! Thanks ladies!

Very good

• 26th Dec 2015

Nice little place with friendly staff...

• 21st Dec 2015
  • India

its very close to the center. Good and friendly staff.

Nice hostel and great value for money

• 4th Dec 2015

Small hostel where it was easy to get to know the other members who were staying there. Maps were provided upon checking in

Thanks Courtney :)

Excellent hostel, location price and staff brilliant.

• 21st Nov 2015

Great staff (even though they were brand new)!! Door codes are very convenient. Thick mattresses, many with foam toppers. The kitchen is large and even boasts a dishwasher. Location is 15-20 min walk from the train station. My only complaint is that the female dorm needs better lighting, it is very dim in there. I had to go to the hallway or restroom to do my makeup.

Great hostel to stay in Kilkenny. Very well located,friendly atmosphere and staff. They make u feel very welcome and relaxed also they give great tip how to get around and visit the main touristic points. Super clean too and the kitchen is fully equiped. One con: no kettle :( you have to boil water in old style if you want some tea late evening.

Good location, friendly staff and especially a nice lounge with fire place.

• 9th Nov 2015
  • South Africa

Really great. Atmosphere was really homely. best hostel I've stayed at yet.

• 5th Nov 2015

Every thing was fine except one female I assume she was staff was in our dorm using threats and was not pleasant. Dark hair young female.

• 30th Oct 2015

Hi, Glad you were happy enough with our backpackers hostel. Unfortunately we don't allow loud music at 330am in the morning. Happy travel MacGabhainns

I had a wonderful time in Kilkenny at MacGabhainns. The staff were very friendly and they created an excellent atmosphere. The common room was very cozy and I really liked how the breakfast items were available all day. It was a great place to meet fellow travelers too. If I'm in Kilkenny again I will definitely be back!

Kitchen is a little cramped but staff is awesome and they have a kickass collection of VHS movies. Plus it's close to everything in town! Great stay!

« first « Prev 1 2 3