Macgabhainns Backpackers Hostel Reviews

24 Vicar Street, Kilkenny, Ireland

this hostel really showed the hospitality of Ireland. the staff were unbelievable, always willing to help you get to your destination, or chat with you and make you feel comfortable. I have never felt so welcomed into a hostel, it really felt like a home.

My first time ever staying in a hostel, so was a bit nervous.. Absolutely loved it, would recommend to anyone! Will never stay anywhere else in kilkenny again, loved it!

• 10th Aug 2015

Very lovely and charming place to stay! Overall a pleasant experience and if I am ever in Kilkenny again this is where I will stay.

• 6th Aug 2015

Old furniture in small common area, dirty carpet,black mold in bathroom.

Hi. We take cleanliness very serious as you can see by our 89% rating for it. Somebody came in with muddy boots and straight to your dorm but don't worry we cleaned up after them. Happy travels MacGabhainns

I made my clothes washed for7€. I gave it in the afternoon, it was ready in the evening. I could leave early with fresh clean clothes.

Reallynice hostel, 5 minutes walk from the city centre, staff is really nice and helpful. Also, the hostel is not too big ( so if you want to spend a night here book in advance), which is a positive thing because it makes it quite easy to make new acquaintances throughout the day. A real hostel for real travelers ;)

Soooo helpful and friendly. Great little quiet place very close to everything. Great value!

Probably the best hostel i found in Ireland (out of 5). Simple and tiny, unfortunately not near the center of Kilkenny but being this a small village, it's not a problem. Clean, small dorm for a reasonable price. The guy overthere was so kind to open the kitchen just for me very early in the morning. A good choice if you are staying in Kilkenny.

Staying here as part of a stag party at the weekend. The complete experience was excellent. As seasoned hostelers, this hostel ranks highly- comfortable, clean and pleasant atmosphere. Would highly recommend for all types of traveller, family to single.

• 1st Aug 2015

It was very difficult to get to since no one in Kilkenny seems to have ever heard of the place. (Ask for St Canices cathedral, its beside the gas station there) once there, the staff were very friendly and the place was very very clean. Small rooms and very small kitchen but overall a clean and safe place!

A bit grotty. Dark inside.

Enjoyed my stay, the staff are very helpful, the kitchen has one large table which encourages conversation, good atmosphere and great location!

The employees at this hostel are fabulous. They're very friendly and helpful. I appreciated their kindness. There were only 2 small lockers in a dorm for 4 people, however. I was able to have one of them, but 2 of my roommates weren't so lucky. On a really negative note, the gentlemen in the dorm next to ours came home drunk at 3:30 in the morning and were obnoxiously loud for about an hour. Otherwise, the place was great.

Cheap and cheerful

• 18th Jul 2015

Lovely place just off the center of Kilkenny. Clean and staff was very nice. Will defiantly be back! Thanks!

• 17th Jul 2015

The staff was very informative and friendly. The wifi was fast and I liked the parking on the street nearby.

Great hostel. Friendly vibe. Clean, bright. Good location. Very nice staff. Big rooms, comfy beds.

This hostel is quite nice. There's a nice common room, the kitchen was well equipped, the bathrooms were kept clean but there could have been more of them, and the staff were really nice. It is a bit out of the city centre, but it still only takes about 10-15 minutes to walk to the castle. I did see a mouse twice, but I guess that just comes with the territory of old buildings. Altogether I had a nice stay.

Had a thouroughly enjoyable weekend in Kilkenny while staying at Macgabhanns Backpacker Hostel recently

Great hostel with great staff. Always enjoy staying here when in Kilkenny.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4