Macondo Hotel Reviews

Main road (in from of central park), Canoa, Ecuador

Feiix at the Macondo Hotel made gretmeals and even helped me call ahead to make a reservation father south on his phone which was very nice. His hotel is clean and quiet. I chose to stay there because it is a few blocks from the busy beach and Malacon and was glad I did although it was just 2 short blocks from shops and the internet. The bus stops right out front so I didn't have to walk far with my heavy pack and Felix's breakfasts were great with locals too.

Felix is great. Very accomodating and I like that the hostel is across from a lovely park. Enjoying my stay and plan to stay longer....

• 19th Jan 2015

Fantastic hotel. Exceptionally clean, spacious rooms. Welcoming owner Felix who will do anythng to help. Incredible breakfasts charged at a reasonable price, in fact we met many people who came just for the breakfast. Hot showers. Further back from the beach but no effort at all just a few minutes walk, and away from the noise of the main street, but safe at night too. Thank you for a wonderful stay Felix!

They clean the rooms everyday, it's away from the hustle and bustle of the bars but only a 3 minute walk to the beach, the bed was big n comfy, but what it comes down to is Felix the owner. This guy makes the best breakfast you'll find in South America and I lived with a s. american family for 3 months who ran a restaurant out of their house. It couldnt touch felix's culinary skills. And his hospitality is just as good. Stay here to relax. Want to act like your 16 again? Go 2 the main strip

Felix was very welcoming and friendly and couldn't do more to help make my stay comfortable. He is also a good cook and speaks excellent English.

• 2nd Dec 2014