Mad Monkey Backpackers Kings Cross

8.1
Fabulous 584 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 18-24
8th Aug 2017

most interesting location in Sydney, great staff, always activities on and very clean would recommend to anyone!

1st Aug 2017
5.4

Disappointing, photos misleading. A very old and tired hostel in desperate need of renovation. Both our slidey patio door (into the bathroom) was hanging off and our shower door, which was also smashed. Staff all American & unhelpful (apart from the girl most mornings), once refusing to help me with an enquiry 3 minutes after they closed one night. Kitchen vile and tiny. Free breakfast ok but across road at a travel agents- so you get hounded every morning to book trips thru them.

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hostel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the kitchen that need updating. It is a pleasure to announce that we will be implementing many of these upgrades to the property within the next couple of months. Our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly at info@madmonkeykingscross.com.au if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our new and improved hostel. Safe Travels!

25th Jul 2017

Great staff.Only blocks from the subway station.

Hey There!! Thanks for the awesome feedback!! Enjoy NZ!! When your back in Sydney let us know!! Safe Travels -Sam

• England, Male, 18-24
24th Jul 2017
7.1

Decent value for money if you take into account the price, location etc etc. The only issue, and I feel this is an issue in many Australian hostels is that it's full of long termers, which therefore makes it pretty cliquey and hard to make friends. It certainly kills the travel vibe although I think this is an issue in all Aussie hostels not just this one. Defo recommend if you're budgeting however.

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
24th Jul 2017

I was positivly surprised about this hostel. kings cross is no problem absolutly. the people are very nice and the breakfast is awesome. The bathrooms aren't very clean but the rooms were okei. I think it's one of the best option to stay in sydney in a cheap hostel.

Hey There! Thanks for taking the time to give your awesome feedback. I'm sorry to hear the bathrooms weren't up to the standard you've come to expect from us. I have personally addressed this with our housekeeping crew to ensure this won't happen again. Safe Travels -Sam

• USA, Male, 18-24
19th Jul 2017

Best hostel in Sydney

Hey! Thanks for the wicked awesome review! -Sam

• Germany, Male, 25-30
17th Jul 2017

Great location, good facilities and the staff were very helpful. Bathrooms were clean, but the rooms were a bit messy because of my roommates. Overall though a good hostel for those looking to explore Sydney

• USA, Female, 18-24
13th Jul 2017

Hostel is a good location. Close to the city and within walking distance to Sydney opera house etc. Overall good value for money.

Hey! Thank you for the awesome feedback! Safe Travels!

• Germany, Female, 25-30
13th Jul 2017

Staff made me feel welcome from the moment I got there. Would highly recommend, fun atmosphere and a great bunch of people!

Hallo! Vielen Dank für das tolle Feedback! Safe Travels from the Mad Monkey Family!

• England, Female, 25-30
11th Jul 2017

Great hostel with a really wonderful staff. They go out of their way to make it easy for guests to enjoy. They are always posting on local events to do around the area. They had the most amazing free BBQ at their sister hostel roof top for all guest, which was nice to meet more people in the area. I'd give it a perfect score but I found the common areas to be a little cramped. Overall, I highly recommend this hostel.

Hi, thanks for much for the great review. Safe travels