Madagascar Underground

8.8
Fabulous 83 Total Reviews

3rd Aug 2017
7.1

Clean place, but very cold and the dont have any extra blanket and the only one you have is very lightfor 12 degrees in august. I slept dressed with all my clothes. nice people in the kitchen.n ot very helpful at the reception. many people at nicht and a loto of noise until 23.30h. Incredible ambiance, but many not customers near the rooms. Id you dont have to wake up early it is ok. i paid the same for 2 nights, because they said the deposit was for Hostelword and didnt discount the deposit.

28th Jul 2017

I stayed in the family room.This is a great budget place & it's in a "safer" part of town.Tana is the 3rd poorest city in the world,so you shouldn't expect anything fancy.This place isn't for those who are looking for quiet.The music was loud until very late.It didn't bother me though.My bed had a mosquito net & a super warm blanket.They also let me hang out all day as I wasn't departing into later in the evening.Only criticism is that I wish it was nonsmoking.They were smoking in the pool room.

13th Jul 2017

Best place to stay in Tana!

• Norway, Couple, 31-40
3rd Jul 2017

A backcker's paradise in a central location in Tana. Nice bar with good selection of beer. Cheap and tasty food at (almost) all times. Decent wifi (best in the bar). Only tried the two private rooms, but both were nice. Really helpful staff who helped us with both advice for onward travel to Morondava and booking of trip to the lemur park. Pleasand vibe around the place!

4th Jun 2017
3.7

I'm not sure how this place has such good reviews. My room had a musty smell, the wifi was horrible and non-existent in my room, and there was no running water in the morning. Usually a dilapidated place like this gets a rating of 6.0 or so. My guess is that the people in the dorm beds have low standards. Or a lot of the reviews were planted, maybe. The staff were quite nice, though.

29th May 2017
6.9

Good, clean hostel, not too much happening though. A lot of pretentious "peace corps" people there. Okay location, not much to do in the area.

• England, All Male Group, 31-40
27th May 2017

We had a one-night stop in Tana and this hostel was perfect for our needs, with a good bar and helpful friendly staff. Confusingly the private rooms that they have don't quite match as the rooms for sale online (we booked 2 twins and they don't have any - they have a family room and a double), so they got in touch to check what we wanted. Facilities were generally good apart from the communal showers. Staff were very helpful! Oh and the beer they brew is absolutely excellent!

• England, Female, 18-24
17th May 2017

Genuinely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff are great and help you with anything you need, really saved me with my visa application. The Mexican food is great (especially the enchiladas) and it's a very sociable place at night; you can always find someone heading out or just people to talk to in the hostel.

• South Korea, Female, 25-30
29th Apr 2017

All place clean,arraged. But i had bad experience with one girl in reception. 1. normally answered with frowned face. 2. i always said thank you, always ignored 3. i wanted ask info on last day and waited till she arrange everything she was doing, BUT what she did is let me stand front of her for 5 minute without asking me to wait for her or come later, answering to the other person came later than me and ignored me even she knew i was waiting. This wasn't just once. Another taller girl so nice

19th Apr 2017

Fantastic Hostel. Great location in the city. Best of all the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. This hostel ticks all the right boxes. Thanks guys. See you again soon.