Madness Hostel Reviews

Brace Jugovica 7, Belgrade, Serbia

To start with, the hostel has a very good location. It was cheap and clean. And of course it is impossible not to mention the owner, who was very generous in sharing his food and drinks, and offering his help all the time. Unfortunately there was just one more guest in the hostel, so it was very quiet, but still I enjoyed my stay!

Great hostel! The owner and the staff are really warm and kind. Nice enviroment. The location is close to everything, 5 mins away from the best attractions. 100% recommendable

Great location near Republic Square and helpful staff.

The staff is what makes this hostel so special. They will drink Rakija with you, and share stories of Belgrade. I enjoyed our private apartment and I would definitely stay here again.

What makes this hostel is the staff, very fun and helpful. The owner took us to my first European soccer match, highlight of my Belgrade trip. Great location, can't complain about the bathroom, as the ad specifies 1 bathroom for 16 people, backpackers are flexible :-) . All the reviews rave about the staff, and that's what convinced me to stay there. This place is more like a home where friends (16 friends) need a place to stay after a night of drinking. Impossible not to meet people.

Great place, awesome staff!

the hostel felt like home. I found my self not needing to be gone all the time to get comfortable . its close to all best areas in town and the staff was very welcoming and helpful.we had so much fun talking to mima while she was working that I lost track of time. its small and cozy .

• 9th Sep 2014

Great hostel staff - and they had a lovely pet called Eric who knew how to drink lots of beer on the balcony.

Super cozy small hostel just around the corner from the city centre. The staff was amazingly helpful and generous, we shared wine and food every evening, with basically all the guests and the staff together. Rooms and the bathroom are clean, and there is a small kitchen for everyone.

Aaaaaah, what an experience! The hostel is everything you could need as a traveler. I didn't stay long in Belgrade, but girls who work there, Mima and Jelena took care that I can see as more as possible out of the city, very very helpful! And they were also friendly for just hanging around at the hostel, the atmosphere and the hostel are great for meeting new people, and I just couldn't stop laughing next to Serdjan. Beds are very comfortable, free cofee and laundary. This place feels like home.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Argentina

The private apartment is 5+ minutes walk from the hostel, so no chance of meeting other guests. Great location, overlooking Kalemegdan Park from 5th floor balcony and close to main sights. There were some frustrating things: the shower would not drain, broken light bulbs, bed was uncomfortable and needs replacing, the front door is temperamental and difficult to open or close and the television was broken. Wifi worked fine though. If these things are fixed it could be a decent value apartment.

Loved our stay here. It's a small hostel with an excellent social atmosphere and very friendly staff. However, one bathroom between approx 14 is insufficient and cooking facilities are very basic. Location next to Republic Square is very convenient and the staff have great local knowledge.

Once you get past the initial craziness you will love this place. Everyone feels like family. Very small so great for meeting other travellers. Had so much fun here!!

We stayed in a double room overlooking the park, it was very spacious and we were impressed to have such amenities as a kitchen and a washing machine. The social area was a 10 minute walk away from the appartmemt so we didn't spend much time here as we had a jam packed weekend! We stayed in a double that was a little dark and the double bed was 2 singles put together. Apart from that a perfect stay at Madness - we would definitely come again!

My stay would not have been the same in Belgrade without the Madness hostel

• 29th Aug 2014

Without a doubt my favorite hostel I have stayed in. It's more of a home than a hostel Srdjan is the best host any traveller can ask for. The location is amazing and they go above and beyond to take care of their guests. Can't wait to stay there again. I'll be back Srdjan!!

Great location. It's basically an apartment of one guy who takes in folks who love to have crazy fun. Srdjan is super nice when he's sober, but I must say that he can get a little too crazy when he's drunk. Ladies, beware. :p But he loves to share great food and good rakija, so that's the upside! I love outlets, and it was a little convenient that they were so far from me. Nice balcony for the guests, but I think it can be a little claustrophobic there.

Had one of the best and maddest times at madness. Srdjan and his staff are the best! They made us dinner and it was the best dinner I have had while travelling. Met lotsa people, very friendly hostel and great location. Would totally recommend.

Good location everyone is super friendly. Awesome atmosphere easy to meet people. Clean and comfy rooms. Would recommend it to anyone. I would definitely stay here again

this place really is mad! great party atmosphere for a friday night stay. the staff and other guests were great fun. the only drawback is it has one bathroom. i would however recommend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4