Madness Hostel Reviews

Brace Jugovica 7, Belgrade, Serbia

The kindest staff in the entire world! Very helpful all the time, would definetly come back and recommend this hostel!

Shocked at how bad this hostel was given the ratings. Staff absolutely sucked, 3 of the 6 over my 3 nights were brand new and didn't know basic things like where light switches were or how to give directions. Really poor atmosphere, an effort needs to be made to make the place fun. Everyone was so boring! The only really fun people I met were on the walking tour (not run by hostel). Recommend finding a newer hostel, every single power plug had fallen out of the wall and felt really dodgy to use.

Staff was great and helpful. The hostel is in a great location. The only downside is one bathroom for 11 people. (one toilet and one shower-and when one is using one nobody else can do anything)

This hostel is amazing. Very small so everyone knows everyone. The staff go out of their way to make you happy. They even do your laundry for free and they free beers and one night maya also cooked some dinner for us. Great hostel more like cozy house, will surely come back.

Awesome hostel. Great staff. Really small so get to know everyone, feels like you're chilling at home. Will definitely be back!!

Love this place, we're so sad we had to leave :( Best staff ever, like a second family, and the whole place was so homely it felt like we'd been living there for years. Miss everyone there x 100.

• 11th Aug 2015

Madness is a truly great hostel. The staff are unbelievably helpful and will go so far out of their way to help you. They provide a free laundry service and provided us with a complimentary beer upon arrival. It's not the biggest hostel but there's something incredibly homely about it that you quickly begin to love. Would definitely stay there next time I'm passing through Belgrade.

• 10th Aug 2015

Madness was absolutely fantastic! The girls at the reception looked after us and let us know the best places to see and go out etc. It was like a big happy family at the hostel, could t recommend it highly enough!! Xx

• 10th Aug 2015

One of the best hostel experiences I had so far. Please keep up the spirit :)

Really nice people and good location...

The only hostel ever where staff is happy to wash your clothes for you. The place is pretty small with only 12 beds. That abd the staffs very welcoming and easy-going attitude makes for a great family-like atmosphere. Id definitely recommend it for anyone who wants to meet other travellers.

The bed cover had a lot of animal hair on it and the bedding itself had stains of some description. There was also a smell of stale cigarette smoke.

Super hosts in an excellent location. Was verbally abused and then offered beer within two minutes of arrival which I consider a true Serbian experience :)

Amazing hostel, very happy with my stay there :)

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Croatia

Very nice! What I say? Sirjeon the owner kill me otherwise! Yes we established a great working relationship that included some swear words! Thanks!

It's hard for me to rate Madness Hostel objectively. From a human perspective, the staff was nice and really close to their guests and included them in the family. From a professional perspective, I'd like to mention an episode where Srdjan asked me to leave the main room for no reason, then blamed it on me for not reading the house rules (??). He later told me he was tired. This is not professional. The apartment is not 'newly renovated' nor is the hostel new.

One of the best hostels that I've ever been and for sure the best backpacking atmosphere all over the world. I'm already missing the owner and all the staff. Thanks for everything, I'll come back fore sure.

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Spain

I had some of the best days during my trip through the Balkans in Belgrade. One of the main reasons for this were the staff and the people from Madness! They are great and always willing to help.

Definitely one of the best hostels I have stayed in during my trip to Europe! We were traveling with a group of 2 guys and 2 girls and the owner made the experience great for all of us! Serg the owner gave us free lunch on our first day and made us feel like we were guests in his own home for the entirety of our stay. He even held onto our bags while we travelled and then took us to a football game and shared drinks and a meal with the whole hostel! Couldn't recommend madness hostel more!

• 29th Jul 2015

Everything about this hostel was truly amazing. location, Ammenities, other people, and above all the staff there. Everyone was so warm and welcoming and did their best to help you out as much as possible. I was picked up from the airport and driven here for free.The hostel itself had an amazing atmosphere and it was impossible for me to not meet people, and you get a real family atmosphere during your stay. Truly no better way to experience Beograd than in the madness hostel.

• 28th Jul 2015