Madness Hostel Reviews

Brace Jugovica 7, Belgrade, Serbia

Great place, awesome staff!

Super cozy small hostel just around the corner from the city centre. The staff was amazingly helpful and generous, we shared wine and food every evening, with basically all the guests and the staff together. Rooms and the bathroom are clean, and there is a small kitchen for everyone.

Aaaaaah, what an experience! The hostel is everything you could need as a traveler. I didn't stay long in Belgrade, but girls who work there, Mima and Jelena took care that I can see as more as possible out of the city, very very helpful! And they were also friendly for just hanging around at the hostel, the atmosphere and the hostel are great for meeting new people, and I just couldn't stop laughing next to Serdjan. Beds are very comfortable, free cofee and laundary. This place feels like home.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Argentina

Loved our stay here. It's a small hostel with an excellent social atmosphere and very friendly staff. However, one bathroom between approx 14 is insufficient and cooking facilities are very basic. Location next to Republic Square is very convenient and the staff have great local knowledge.

Once you get past the initial craziness you will love this place. Everyone feels like family. Very small so great for meeting other travellers. Had so much fun here!!

We stayed in a double room overlooking the park, it was very spacious and we were impressed to have such amenities as a kitchen and a washing machine. The social area was a 10 minute walk away from the appartmemt so we didn't spend much time here as we had a jam packed weekend! We stayed in a double that was a little dark and the double bed was 2 singles put together. Apart from that a perfect stay at Madness - we would definitely come again!

My stay would not have been the same in Belgrade without the Madness hostel

• 29th Aug 2014

Without a doubt my favorite hostel I have stayed in. It's more of a home than a hostel Srdjan is the best host any traveller can ask for. The location is amazing and they go above and beyond to take care of their guests. Can't wait to stay there again. I'll be back Srdjan!!

Had one of the best and maddest times at madness. Srdjan and his staff are the best! They made us dinner and it was the best dinner I have had while travelling. Met lotsa people, very friendly hostel and great location. Would totally recommend.

Good location everyone is super friendly. Awesome atmosphere easy to meet people. Clean and comfy rooms. Would recommend it to anyone. I would definitely stay here again

this place really is mad! great party atmosphere for a friday night stay. the staff and other guests were great fun. the only drawback is it has one bathroom. i would however recommend.

Thanks for an amazing stay SRKY BOY and girl, hope you havnt lost my rabbit ears just yet! See you in Greece next year !

• 22nd Aug 2014

Very nice owner and staff,the welcoming free rakija a treat. Only drawback is its very small,so cooking area tiny and only one toilet/shower, could be awkward.Very considerate of late sleepers,shhh!.

Nice central location and really nice staff. Majority of people staying here are boys...message to ladies-don't hesitate this is an awesome hostel with a great atmosphere for meeting people! It was clean and caring, like staying at a moms house.

Probably the best hostel in the world thanks to the owner, Srjian! You'll probably have the funniest time of your life if you stay here!

I really enjoyed my stay at Madness. The highlight is the owner who is a great guy! It's a small hostel so has share hose kind of vibe. Only one bathroom (that has toilet and shower) so at times of peak usage you'll have to wait.

Great location and amazing cosy atmosphere. The owner made me feel like home, this place is what a lonely traveller needs. The constant party at this hostel never lets anyone feel bored. The only negative thing was the fact that there was only one bathroom but we somehow always managed to visit it on time. But overall, I would definitely go back to this hostel or recomment it to my friends. We even had a barbeque night!

Madnesssss. U will now why they called the hostel name like that when u spent the first night :D nice armosphere that u will lough all the time, and also not only fun, the staff will give u alot of good advicses where to go in Belgrad. I hope to come back one day to that hostel or to find a simler hostel in another places in my futures trips... Thank u Madness for the nice time in ur hostel.

The coolest hostel ever - greetings to Srdjan and the girls, thx

Madness Hostel was very welcoming and hospitable. What I liked most about this hostel was the size, you could really get to know each individual working and staying there which made the stay that bit more special. Location was great, a two minute walk to the main square and Skadarlija street, both great places to find food and/or drink in the evenings. When I return to Belgrade, I WILL be staying at Madness Hostel! Great memories were made.

• 17th Aug 2014