Madness Hostel Reviews

Brace Jugovica 7, Belgrade, Serbia

Amusing hostel! Location can't be better. Very clean. Friendly staff and home atmosphere. I recommend to everyone!

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Russia

Great place to stay, staff are fantastic!!

• 2nd Jan 2015

To start with, the hostel has a very good location. It was cheap and clean. And of course it is impossible not to mention the owner, who was very generous in sharing his food and drinks, and offering his help all the time. Unfortunately there was just one more guest in the hostel, so it was very quiet, but still I enjoyed my stay!

Great hostel! The owner and the staff are really warm and kind. Nice enviroment. The location is close to everything, 5 mins away from the best attractions. 100% recommendable

Great location near Republic Square and helpful staff.

Small hostel with great staff and good loction. The hostel has 2 dorm style rooms, but we had the private room which was a few blocks away from the hostel, located just in front of the belgrade fortress. The owner offers Rakija and gives you good advices about what to do and where to go.

The staff is what makes this hostel so special. They will drink Rakija with you, and share stories of Belgrade. I enjoyed our private apartment and I would definitely stay here again.

What makes this hostel is the staff, very fun and helpful. The owner took us to my first European soccer match, highlight of my Belgrade trip. Great location, can't complain about the bathroom, as the ad specifies 1 bathroom for 16 people, backpackers are flexible :-) . All the reviews rave about the staff, and that's what convinced me to stay there. This place is more like a home where friends (16 friends) need a place to stay after a night of drinking. Impossible not to meet people.

Great place, awesome staff!

the hostel felt like home. I found my self not needing to be gone all the time to get comfortable . its close to all best areas in town and the staff was very welcoming and helpful.we had so much fun talking to mima while she was working that I lost track of time. its small and cozy .

• 9th Sep 2014

Great hostel staff - and they had a lovely pet called Eric who knew how to drink lots of beer on the balcony.

Super cozy small hostel just around the corner from the city centre. The staff was amazingly helpful and generous, we shared wine and food every evening, with basically all the guests and the staff together. Rooms and the bathroom are clean, and there is a small kitchen for everyone.

Aaaaaah, what an experience! The hostel is everything you could need as a traveler. I didn't stay long in Belgrade, but girls who work there, Mima and Jelena took care that I can see as more as possible out of the city, very very helpful! And they were also friendly for just hanging around at the hostel, the atmosphere and the hostel are great for meeting new people, and I just couldn't stop laughing next to Serdjan. Beds are very comfortable, free cofee and laundary. This place feels like home.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Argentina

The private apartment is 5+ minutes walk from the hostel, so no chance of meeting other guests. Great location, overlooking Kalemegdan Park from 5th floor balcony and close to main sights. There were some frustrating things: the shower would not drain, broken light bulbs, bed was uncomfortable and needs replacing, the front door is temperamental and difficult to open or close and the television was broken. Wifi worked fine though. If these things are fixed it could be a decent value apartment.

Loved our stay here. It's a small hostel with an excellent social atmosphere and very friendly staff. However, one bathroom between approx 14 is insufficient and cooking facilities are very basic. Location next to Republic Square is very convenient and the staff have great local knowledge.