Madness Hostel Reviews

Brace Jugovica 7, Belgrade, Serbia

Amazing hostel! The owner and staff are so so nice and crazy and did everything to make sure everyone had fun. I had the best time, thank you so much! Best hostel so far.

• 18th Jul 2014

This is one of the best hostels i have been to! The host is extremely social, the girls that work here Lubja & Maya are awesome and speak perfect english and are very helpful in showing you around... The hostel is very well located next to the main town square where you can go shopping, get food or some awesome Gelato! They organize pub crawls, events and if your just exhausted you can chill and relax as well... Dont hesitate to come here, it will make your stay in Serbia that much better!

• 15th Jul 2014

If you want a great time in Belgrad, go for this hostel. The host and the staff are amazing! Maya, Srdjan and *oh god I forgot your name :$* thanks for the amazing stay! Cheers!

After traveling for 10 years this is my first review. Service is brilliant your made to feel part of the family with staff. Anything they can help you with they will. I booked 1 night stayed 3 and heading back in august. The only thing would make it perfecy for fussy travellers is the toilet separate from the shower but the brilliant service over shines that minor thing.

This was like heaven. Personnel that really cares and that really wants to have you a good time in belgrade! Very friendly and interested personnel and the owner is a very good person! Can't say anything wrong about this hostel. Srdjan, thank you for this nice experience! The two Toms from holland!

One of the best hostels you will stay at. Beds are comfortable,atmosphere is respectful and the boss Srdjan is a legend who never stops making sure you are happy and having a good time. Beware a Serbian's ability to drink rakija though, you will not keep up! 10 out of 10.

• 9th Jul 2014

This Hostel is the BEST! The staff is amazing Srdjan, Ljubica and oh you just Cant forget Maya! She is the Best everyone is so helpful it makes you feel like home instantly its impossible not meet other people. Its a great place if you want to sit together with everyone and drink some Rakija and then go out together or if you want to have a good quiet sleep, its all possible! i just Love this amazing Madness hostel! You should book right now! Greetings from Dries & Jan

This hostel is amazing. Srdjan, the owner, is a very generous guy who creates a relaxed and fun atmosphere. The hostel is clean and well kept. I couldn't recommend it more highly!

• 28th Jun 2014

Great hostel, extremely well located and an owner who goes out if his way to make u feel at home!!! While there is no madness here, the place is excellent and compact. Thanks Srjdan! Loved my stay!

Had a great time at madness. Srdjan the host deserves a 500% approval. He's the best and very warm and helpful. I definitely will be coming back.

The owner is AMAZING! He will go out of his way to make you feel comfortable and to have you have a good time! There are nice bunk beds and rooms are very clean! There are plenty of outlets ( wall plug ins ) as well. This hostel goes above and beyond in customer service and as a solo female traveler it made me feel at home!

I've stayed at Hostel Madness twice before. Once for 3 days and loved it so much I returned again about a month later and stayed 7 days the second time. What I found different than any other hostel I've been to, is the hospitality. Srdjan the owner will welcome you into his hostel and make you feel like it's home. He even bought me a couple local beers the day of my arrival. On the last night he made everyone at the hostel Serbian Goulash which was amazing.

• 12th Jun 2014

The owner, Srdjan, is absolutely lovely. He was like a father to me, always telling me that if I needed anything I could call him. He even told me that he knows people all around the Balkans if I needed something of felt unsafe in whatever country. The hostel itself is of, good value for money, even if there's no proper living room to hangout and meet other backpackers. The location is perfect, right next to everything in Belgrade. I totally recommend it if you want a quite stay.

Great hostel! The host is a lovely guy who took great care of us and takes pride is his hostel. Highly recommended.

Small but excellent hostel, with a great homely feel. The owner, Srdjan, is very friendly and probably one of the highlights of this hostel! Woke my dorm mate and I with fresh coffee in the morning, gave me free lunch and personally escorted me to the bus station on my leave. Many power outlets available in dorms, only one shared bathroom, nice balcony area, excellent location 10min walk to Fortress, a little noisy at night due to street below and also a little hard to find. Bigger sign please!

stuff is so good. They are so helpful. They also made traditional dinner for us. its so nice. They gave me any information as much ad I want. when I came back to Belgrade, I will be back there defineatly.

• 21st May 2014
  • Japan

Fantastic place to stay. The location is very central (just a few minutes walk from the main square) and the hostel makes a great base from which to explore Belgrade. The owner is very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay there again.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! Srdjan was an excellent host. Our pick up from the bus station was very much appreciated. The hostel is more like a private apartment, with homely atmosphere and when considering the price it's an absolute bargain. Srdjan gave us very good and thorough recommendations on the best places to visit and eat in the city. The beds are very comfortable and the building is very secure. Location can't be a bather, just 1minit from the Republic Square !!! Thank you for everything!

Not only is Hostel Madness in a perfect location in Belgrade the staff is also incredible. Although you maybe thousands of miles from home, Hostel Madness' hospitality will make you feel that you never left. Hostel Madness makes staying in the incredible city that is Belgrade that much better. I strongly suggest this hostel to anybody visiting Belgrade.

• 15th May 2014

I cannot express what a wondeful stay I had at Madness Hostel. The host was so warm and friendly, going above and beyond taking great care of my and making my stay feel like I was relaxing at home with family. I will definitely stay there again the next time I am in town, which hopefully won't be too long away!