Madness Hostel Reviews

Brace Jugovica 7, Belgrade, Serbia

Srdjan is the coolest hostel owner I've ever encountered! So helpful with everything and really generous, I can only recommend everybody to stay here!

Absolutely amazing hostel, the owner is hilarious and all the other staff are lovely and so helpful. We were given plenty of free rakija and had a hostel party one night, loved every second of staying here. Kitchen is small but fine, bathroom is clean, beds are comfy, excellent location, fantastic laundry service available

We had a great time staying at madness. The owner and reception were extremely helpful. One of the receptionists in particular, Lubitza, was extremely helpful and ensured we had a great time and that our stay at madness wont ever be forgotten. I highly recommend. Also they have us free raykya shots.

• 11th Aug 2014

Amazing hostel! The location is excellent, right in the center, you can walk everywhere. All the staff are so friendly and helpful. The owner has a heart of gold and is so funny! Staying here feels like a big family. Thanks everyone at Madness for such a great time in Belgrade! This is a fantastic hostel for meeting interesting travelers from all over the world. The hostel is clean, safe and central to all bars, restaurants and nightclubs. Highly recommend you check in here!!

• 7th Aug 2014

Ahh Madness in all the best of ways! The hostel has everything you need in a hostel (hot shower, good lockers, kitchen, free coffee etc.) and the most amazing, wonderful, lovely staff in the world! If you do nothing else in Belgrade make sure you meet the Big Boss of Madness (you won't be waiting long) - you will have stories to tell! Seriously, the funniest, kindest man I've ever met. Thank You Big Boss, Jelena and Maja for an unforgettable week x

Wow! Hostel is .. mad! Great staff, so much fun! Owner is also incredibly fun! Wifi worked great, with a nice little kitchen. Pretty sure this is the only hostel i've ever made a profit at.. got my clothes washed for free, owner gave me lots of free shots, Mayer made us free Turkish coffee, they made us a free meal, and threw in a going away gift!

Madness Hostel is the best Hostel that we've visited on our trip. The staff and the atmosphere in the hostel are so great, the location is very good to. I will definitely recommend anyone to stay at the hostel, if you want a great time in Belgrade.

• 30th Jul 2014

The staff are very very lovely people however the hostel is ultimately a converted flat with two dorm rooms only one bathroom. It's understandable why the ratings are so high and this is purely because the staff are so friendly however, just make sure you're not expecting a conventional hostel when you arrive.

Iv been all over the world and stayed in many Hostels but this one trumps them all. For a lone traveller it is the ideal place to meet people and the staff are absolute legends. Ljubica and Srdjan are two of warmest people I have ever met and ideally suited to their jobs as Hostel hosts. They would sit up and socialise with the guests, watch football, eat Cevapi and shoot Vodka!!! Some of the best memories of my travels where made at Madness Hostel and I will be back! Location 100% Value 100%

Really great hostel, in a perfect location in centre of Belgrade with everything on it's doorstep. Thanks Srdjan and Ljubica for being such great hosts!

After nine months of traveling in the past two years, I am making my first review because I enjoyed this place so much. I was welcomed into Madness Hostel as a friend and left feeling like family. The girl that works there is absolutely amazing and she deserves 110% rating. The location is perfect, literally a 30 second walk to everything including supermarkets. A wonderful social atmosphere which made my stay amazing. Two thumbs up. Don't miss this hostel if your staying in Belgrade

• 25th Jul 2014

Amazing owner and staff! Srdjan and Ljubica were absolutely lovely and extremely welcoming, ensuring everyone had a great time and catered for. The best atmosphere I have ever experienced - thank you so much! Would stay again and recommend to one and all!

• 23rd Jul 2014

Best Hostel I've bern to. Landlord is a great guy and a good laugh. 2 georgous German girls took us a pub crawl

• 23rd Jul 2014

Not a hostel, a home. You are not a guest, you are family. Quite simply the best place I have stayed in 2 years of backpacking. You could stay somewhere else, but you'd be an idiot.

Our stay at Madness hostel was amazing!! Never seen a hostelowner like Srdjan, who is probably the nicest guy ever, The location is perfect, just next to the main square and the beds are really cheap, but clean, as well. No complaints, whatsoever!

• 21st Jul 2014

I' ve already stayed in many hostels in many countries, madness is just the best hospitality ever!

One word. SRDJAN

Amazing hostel! The owner and staff are so so nice and crazy and did everything to make sure everyone had fun. I had the best time, thank you so much! Best hostel so far.

• 18th Jul 2014

Best hostel I stayed in on my travels, lovely place, lots of fun, very relaxed atmosphere, perfect location - wished I could have stayed longer. The hostel owner Srdjan is absolutely fantastic, and really makes this place what it is. Recommended it to everyone else I met who was heading to Beograd. Will definitely be staying there again if I return to Beograd. Go to the Nikola Tesla museum!

• 16th Jul 2014

This is one of the best hostels i have been to! The host is extremely social, the girls that work here Lubja & Maya are awesome and speak perfect english and are very helpful in showing you around... The hostel is very well located next to the main town square where you can go shopping, get food or some awesome Gelato! They organize pub crawls, events and if your just exhausted you can chill and relax as well... Dont hesitate to come here, it will make your stay in Serbia that much better!

• 15th Jul 2014