Madrid Motion Hostel

Good 838 Total Reviews

• Male4ndro
  • Colombia, Male, 25-30
21st Apr 2017

Mi dormitorio quedaba en el piso 8, nunca tuve WIFI y me tocaba ir a recepción para lograr conectarme.

20th Apr 2017
4.6

Worst hostel experience. Don't go here if u plan on meeting anyone. The place was under construction and falling apart. The staff were very unfriendly and barely spoke English, or at least didn't try. I went downstairs to get "free breakfast" at 10:03 and the Spanish man (who barely spoke English) was yelling at me that no one got breakfast after 10am.. even though there was enough food still sitting out. I asked if I could just have a cup of coffee then and he told me it would cost me 1.50

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
15th Apr 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Motion Hostel. The staff are amazing, friendly & relaxed, the showers work well. But it's the location that makes it so brilliant! It's close to everything one could wish for. So many great places to visit with a 15 - 30 minute walk. No need for a taxi or public transport when you stay here.

8th Apr 2017
3.7

We stayed in the room 801 and on the second day of our stay, we put a laptop and a camera lens in a bag and put it in a locker. We came back at 2 pm and found that they had been stolen. My bag on the bed was searched as I lost money. Receptionist wasn't surprised or worried about our problem at all. They just told us to go to the police. After I had got document from police, I gave it to the hostel to write a letter to our insurance and they lost the police doc. I found no responsibility here.

8th Apr 2017
5.4

Dingy and a bit dirty . You get what you pay for. If you select dorm option then you will be literally two feet away from the person across from you, you will hear everything they do. Internet only works in the lobby which is currently under construction so if you like dust it's perfect. Bathrooms not very clean. Mattresses are covered in this plastic so make weird noises when you move. Only upside was funny workers! Wouldn't really recommend especially not for more than one night.

• Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
4th Apr 2017
4.9

There is no wifi and baggage storage service, which should be the basic services in a hostel.

30th Mar 2017
6.9

The hostel is still under construction (March 2017) so the lobby is all dirty, I was in a 6 bed ensuite room and the room was VERY VERY small, the bathroom was a nice size. The elevator is slow. In the room you could hear everything that happened 3 rooms away. Location is great only one block from La Gran Via. If you will have a short stay it works but for a longer stay I would consider a different hostel.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
18th Mar 2017
5.1

It took an hour to check in and the staff was not very friendly. The breakfast line was very long. They also put a male into an all female room and only after we told him did we leave.

• Portugal, Female, 25-30
11th Mar 2017
2.6

To start with, this place shouldn't be open, at all. Staff members are slow, extremely rude and haven't tried to resolve any concerns that we had. The building is very old, scary corridors and they fit 3 bunk beds were it should only be 2. It is hot and dirty. Security doesn't exist. We had a man surrounding us while we were asleep and smoking in the room. We reported to the receptionist and she found out that man was not checked in. So anyone can go into the hostel. Room doors don't lock out.

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
10th Mar 2017
7.7

This place has very good location in Madrid but in our room of 5 lockers 3 were broken, then we did not have any safe place to let our stuff in our room. The breakfast was good and the staff nice. We recommend some improvements on kitchen facilities and other common areas to chill out at this hostel.