Madrid Motion Hostel Reviews

C/ Mesonero Romanos 7, Madrid, Spain

The hostel is in standard condition. WiFi wasn't working in our room ( was one far away of the stairs). If you are looking for any luxury in the room, nothing is there. No TV. The room basically has a bed.Breakfast is ok.

Excellent location, complete breakfast, friendly staff. I had a great time in Madrid and part of this great time is attributed to Motion Hostel

Good location

• 13th May 2015
  • khooker1993

Wifi barely worked in the room and the rooms were extremely hot, there wasn't even access to a fan. You can't split the bill between you and your friends so make sure you bring exact cash.

Motion is a great place, with an unbeatable location. I loved the atmosphere, and the free breakfast.

The beds were very comfy and it was nice to have a private bathroom. However, the hostel needs some updating. Our tub had holes in it and the holder for the shower head was busted. My bed was the only one in the room without a working light. The biggest disappointment was that the lockers didn't have locks included, you had to bring your own. Not all the lockers even had slots for locks and the slots were almost too thin for a Masterlock combination lock. Location made up for some of it.

Overall a decent hostel. Having working wifi in the room would have made he experience a lot better. Other than that a good hostel in a great area.

The hostel bar was very convenient and a good place to hang. The walls were pretty thin so you could hear all of the commotion from the hallways. Overall a fine place for a night.

The location is very good, right in the principle avenue of Madri, near a lot of attractions. The bedroom was really tight, the beds were very close to each other and only one person could walk. The bathroom door didn't have a lock, which I think it was not safe, especially when you are sleeping in a mixed bedroom.

The hostel is clean and tidy and located in the heart of Madrid. We had a Twinroom. Contained a bed and thats it. No table no chairs... But the rest was ok. Elevator, 24/7 reception, helpfull staff and so on. Only criticism: No kitchen to cook for yourself. All in all a hostel I would recommend if you stay 2 or three nights in Madrid.

Other than my luck of coming in at the same time as a group of Danish teenagers, the receptionist was very slow and less than helpful. Pros: good breakfast, ok bathroom, central location. Otherwise, the pics are NOT accurate, it is kind of dingy, cramped room, only a microwave, bad wifi connection, poor atmosphere. Don't stay here.

Hostel has a very Nice central location and is very close to public transport. Staff is friendly but level of English is very low for working in a hostel. Rooms are ok, good beds and bathroom but very small! Some of the pictures that are shown on booking website and their own website are far from accurate which is quite disappointing. Had an ok stay but wouldn't return.

• 12th Mar 2015

we enjoyed the stay, thanks to the staff for their services

Great Location!!

Its a place where I wont stay anymore. Couldn't take shower in my room because or we didn't had water or the water were really cold, in 4 days I Took 3 cold shower where the temperature in Madrid close to 0 degree... And wifi connection really bad, we are at the 21 century, how can a hostal not have internet?! The only place we could get access was at reception and it was really hard to access it! And the people who work there not very kind!

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Portugal

Everything was OK- atmosphere, staff, breakfast and big plus for the location. The only disadvantage was the internet which wasn't working at all in all areas of the hostel :(

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Poland

The best part of this hostel is the location. The hostel is in the middle of Puerta del Sol and Gran Via, 2 great touristic spots. The rooms are little, but the good part is that you have a private bathroom in every room. During my stay, the lift was broken so I had to use the stairs to go from the 7 floor to the reception with my 2 huge luggages The breakfast is quiet good and complete.The hostel has a bar but is not really crowded, I wouldnt recommend this hostel if you are looking for party

The facility could be nicer, with more love. Also the WIFI wash`t working that well.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Austria

The hostel is great and I'm a really good place. The best party was the pub crawling worry Tito!

• 22nd Dec 2014