Madrid Motion Hostel Reviews

C/ Mesonero Romanos 7, Madrid, Spain

In the dorm room, there was nothing to lock up for our stuff! Very small Roms! No table, no Chair.. Only for somebody who need just a bed for one night! You Find a better Hostel in Madrid for the Same Price !

There is lift/elevator but it is not working..I was on 7th floor so it is terrible to live on 7th floor without elevator.there is severe unbearable pain in my legs at late night bcos of using stair case.I suffered a lot.but I m helpless.They do not have alternative provision.they should tell this on Web so that we do not get booking.I think it's cheating. They charged everything from me but what about my suffering !!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad experience

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • India

Nice hostel with a great location! The elevator stopped working very often, same with the wifi which wouldn't work in the rooms. Some maintenance is at hand in the rooms, some lights missing bulbs, or lights not working, some outlets missing for some beds. Water kept coming out of the floor drain every time someone took a shower. But overall, a good value for your money with a good breakfast.

Motion hostel is in a perfect location in central Madrid. The staff is rather indifferent and not very friendly. The building could use some maintainance and in my room the wires in electrical installations were exposed after previous renovation! breakfast is very basic and served in the 'bar' downstairs which could hardly accomodate the number of guests in the small area.

Great location Great staff , rooms are too small and wifi is only on the reception

It`s located at the very heat of Madrid. You can reach everything in walking distance and nevertheless it`s very quiet. I recommend it to everyone.

while this hostel only has wifi in the common area, this turned out to be a blessing in disguised as it forced everyone into the common area. it was very easy to meet people and make friends

very poor breakfast

Please work on your wifi and on the elevator. :)

Overall a good experience. Broken AC in some rooms and WiFi not working, supposedly due to some problem with the carrier. Would recommend and stay again.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

While I stayed here, the wifi did not work, the elevator did not work, and the air conditioner did not work. One day I came into my room to find all of my bathroom stuff gone. I was told the cleaning last threw it away. While the staff was kind, there were a lot of problems.

The rooms were great - SUPER comfy beds with individual lights and outlets. Decent sized and quality bathrooms. Location is perfect - mins from Puerta de Sol and Plaza Mayor. Very good quality and cheap bar downstairs.

The staff were really friendly and helpful, and the location is great. Our room and bathroom were both quite clean. The wifi was restricted to the lobby only, but that is a minor setback considering the place was overall very nice. We would definitely stay again.

It was a very good hostel, good location and helpfull staff!

It was a very good hostal. But the toilet and bathroom were not clean.

The location is good, just in a few steps away Gran Via, it's also very close to the metro station. As for the hostel itself, it's just a bed to sleep 1 or 2 nights. My room (5 bed female dorm) was very small, the lockers did not work well. It's quite noisy at nights. The staff was rather helpful though, I didn't have any problems with luggage storage after check-out. The wifi was only on the ground floor, not in the room. The bar of the hostel is nice with low prices and pleasant staff.

The man running the hostel is very kind and helpful, gave lots of great advice and was very accommodating for our early check-out time . The room (we stayed in a 4 bedroom, private bath) was pretty cramped. Not much space to walk around. The place was loud at night (but you're in Madrid, so what do you expect!). With ear plugs in it is fine. Breakfast was pretty good.