Madrid Motion Hostel Reviews

C/ Mesonero Romanos 7, Madrid, Spain

very poor breakfast

Overall a good experience. Broken AC in some rooms and WiFi not working, supposedly due to some problem with the carrier. Would recommend and stay again.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

While I stayed here, the wifi did not work, the elevator did not work, and the air conditioner did not work. One day I came into my room to find all of my bathroom stuff gone. I was told the cleaning last threw it away. While the staff was kind, there were a lot of problems.

The rooms were great - SUPER comfy beds with individual lights and outlets. Decent sized and quality bathrooms. Location is perfect - mins from Puerta de Sol and Plaza Mayor. Very good quality and cheap bar downstairs.

The staff were really friendly and helpful, and the location is great. Our room and bathroom were both quite clean. The wifi was restricted to the lobby only, but that is a minor setback considering the place was overall very nice. We would definitely stay again.

It was a very good hostel, good location and helpfull staff!

It was a very good hostal. But the toilet and bathroom were not clean.

The location is good, just in a few steps away Gran Via, it's also very close to the metro station. As for the hostel itself, it's just a bed to sleep 1 or 2 nights. My room (5 bed female dorm) was very small, the lockers did not work well. It's quite noisy at nights. The staff was rather helpful though, I didn't have any problems with luggage storage after check-out. The wifi was only on the ground floor, not in the room. The bar of the hostel is nice with low prices and pleasant staff.

The man running the hostel is very kind and helpful, gave lots of great advice and was very accommodating for our early check-out time . The room (we stayed in a 4 bedroom, private bath) was pretty cramped. Not much space to walk around. The place was loud at night (but you're in Madrid, so what do you expect!). With ear plugs in it is fine. Breakfast was pretty good.

Don't believe the pictures! I'm guessing this is how it looked when it just opened and they didn't do anything the keep it up to this level since then. The badroom was kind of dirty, I had to make my own bed, the service was bad, this one guy was nice but when there was something wrong with my room (6 bed, 7 people with the key) it took me an our of discussion before I finally got a bed in another room. There were almost no lockers! The bar downstairs and locatie were the only good thing!

• 7th Jun 2014

You're just being unfair, since I was there at the same time and all that happened was that the lift was broken for a few hours, just when the cleaning stuff we're making beds and sweeping the floors. The staff is nice and rooms are not dirty at all.

Great place, good location, the night staff was really helpful in helping us in giving directions and tips on things to do in Madrid. Rooms were great, we stayed in a 3 bed room room.

The dorms and bathrooms did not seem clean. The toilet did not work, and there was a continuous stream of water pouring out of the sink pipes. The hall lights were broken and the hall was pitch dark. The first morning, the cereal was full of huge cobwebs. The two computers barely worked, often malfunctioned. The hostel was uderstaffed, and the one staff member was mildly rude. I had to wait an hour to have a simple question answered. The lugggage room was left unlocked and unsupervised.

Loud. Not great A/C. Was okay but not great.

decent hostel. nothing special about it, nothing terrible. rooms were pretty nice. very central location which was nice - lots of restaurants around the area and parque retiro, royal palace, and reina sofia are all about 20 min away walking. wifi was pretty weak and spotty, sometimes not working, so that's a big downside to this hostel. also there are 6 floors and if you're on the high floors, you either have to walk up a ton of stairs or take a sketchy elevator. staff seemed pretty incompetent.

The rooms were extremely cramped, and only two lockers in a 5-person room were funcioning. The wifi was on and off constantly, half of my 4-day stay was without wifi. Breakfast didn't start when we were told it started, and I noticed the last morning as they were setting up breakfast, some of the cereal poured out of the bag with COBWEBS on it. Safe to say I lost my appetite.

I will be good if we can cook in there.

• 26th May 2014
  • Hong Kong

I enjoyed it a lot at the motion hostel. The staff was very nice and friendly and as a very easy going person I enjoyed the atmosphere a lot. I had everything I needed. =)

• 23rd May 2014
  • Austria

Staff were pretty useless

Please improve the breakfast-situation. You had to ask and wait for everything. A spoon, bread, ... Maybe you need more staff for so many guests in the morning.

Nice breakfast options.