Magic Bus Istanbul Reviews

Kalyoncu Kulluğu Caddesi #52, Istanbul, Turkey

Charming and lovely homy place. Good location and the staff very helpful, cooking delisious food. These guys show lots of love to their place and guests staying and that's what i appreciate the most.

The six bed dorm is without a door. Was very cold during the night, with only one blankett from the staff. The staff is a boy who only want to meet girls who are in the hostel. No funny atmosphere, nothing to do there. Is a cheap hostel, but I will not stay again there.

Terrible foot stink in blanket, dirty room, mosquitos, snore guy.... I don't wanna remember that day any more

An OK place to stay for the price paid. Was a bit disappointed to have to wait outside for 20 minutes to be let into the hostel - no one was manning the reception area. The staff also really need to set up a kitchen area - cooking on camping stoves isn't ideal!

Excellent stay in a lovely place! Istanbul and Magic Bus are charming as always. Spacious clean dormatory, hot showers, welcomming staff and common area full of cheerful people, what else you might need? Aww, yea - the Sunday market with best Turkish delicates, clothes and unusual souvenirs. Definitely a place to be!

It is a lovely modern clean hostel , and the host ( the french girl ) was sooo helpful and polite, always cheerful and friendly , it is close to the bus station where you can go anywhere and within a walking distance from taksim and istiklal , the only thing i didn't like much was the guests making noise when they return in the middle of the night , which is not really the hostel's problem! other than that , the hostel was perfect .

I liked the hostel. It's cheap and located close to Taksim. And we had a nice balcony. But: The heating didn't work all days, so we could not take a hot shower every day. Also during some nights it was freezing cold in our room. So cold that we both returned sick from our vacation. The second negative point was my mattress, it was so old that you could feel all the metal inside.

It was truly magic place to stay in. I loved our room that was nicely furnished and really warm in December. The area was excellent since we were surrounded by locals but still in walking distance to all sights. The people I met in hostel where just great - colourful mixture of nationalities and their languages. When they talked they had so much to offer enriching me by talking about their home countries, views and opinions. I will definitely use it also for my next stay :-)

• 17th Dec 2013
  • Czech Republic

Charming and welcomming place in theTaksim area. Very artistic, friendly and easy-going staff, clean bathrooms, thick mattrasses in the dormatory, music evenings and barbeques for all the guests - I enjoyed all that! Good price, walking distance to main tourist attractions! Chok guzel ))

It was very difficult to find the hostel, so you should amend the instructions, and the area was a little scary first, but then we got used to it and enjoyed our stay. It is very close to the shopping street, but you need to take the tram to get to the main sights. The atmosphere is very friendly, there was a real community feeling (which is probably not for everybody). The room is nice and clean, but there should be more bathroom for so many people.

Although the hostel is cheap, it was quite dirty and run-down when I stayed there. Even a Turkish friend from Istanbul told me that he wouldn't consider the neigborhood as being safe. When I arrived I was told that they didn't receive my booking, so the girl at the "reception" (a desk with a laptop in the corner) had to look for a bed. While doing so she was finishing her beer and had another one shortly afterwards. I had to ask twice for sheets and bedlinens. The people there were nice though!

We didn't get even a blanket, only covers at the 1 night, they didn't have enough blanket for everybody. I hardly fell asleep, because i froze. I paid for a bed and a blanket, nevertheless they didn't any compensation, though they didn't deliver the goods. The next day we asked for the blanket to the staff 4 times, until we finally got a blanket!! OMG She is so lazy.....There is no kitchen, only tee pot, no cookstove. they lied. In the morning a cat tore a rat disgusting blooded on the garde..