Magnolia Inn Reviews

Calle 8va and Calle Boquete, Casco Viejo, Panama City, Panama

Great hotel & hostel in the centre of Casco Viejo. Everything was super fine, the only drawback for me was lack of bus stop in the neighborhood.

Great spot, had a long layover and decided to plop into the city for a bit and thankfully I had a reservation. Staff and location were fantastic - make sure you make a reservation as they book out fast!

• 9th Mar 2015

It is a great hostel! Although, they dont have cheap rooms available for 1 or 2.

I absolutely love this hostel! Great location and the staff are very friendly and helpful. I felt right at home the moment I walked in. Very relaxing and not at all a party hostel, but walking distance to bars and restaurants. Very safe, clean, and comfy beds. I would recommend this hostel to anyone looking to visit Panama, I cant wait for another visit to the Magnolia Inn.

• 25th Feb 2015

Centrally located in Casco Viejo. Staff was very helpful. Huge well equipped kitchen and comfortable spacious common areas. Clean bathrooms.

• 22nd Feb 2015

I had a great time at Magnolia. The staff were super helpful with recommendations & the cleaning staff was fabulously nice as well (the one lady insisted on carrying my suitcase down the stairs for me during checkout). The showers were super clean- huge +.The location felt a little sketchy when I arrived Saturday night & the surrounding area was pretty noisy, but I only felt that way that night. Otherwise I felt like it was a safe & welcoming area. Plenty of neat things in walking distance.

Cool place with charm in the enchanting old town area of Panama City. We were there during Carnival and the water was out. That wasn't great. I hope that isn't normal. if they had water it would have been much better. Staff was friendly and spoke Spanish and English very well.

Upgraded to private double for about $90. Totally worth it. Very clean and good A/C. Neighbourhood seems a bit sketchy at first but was alright within borders recommended by reception. Make sure you get a beer at the brewery about two blocks away and go to the bar on top of the roof (on same block). Reception was very helpful and friendly.

Clean dorms and bathrooms. Friendly staff. Amazing location.

Great experience.... Would recomend to anybody.... superbe

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Really nice hostel. Would stay here again. Very good staff.

The receptionist were very rude and inneficient. When doing the checkin one of them wrote something about me and showed it to the other and they started laughing. When i asked them about it they couldnt even look me in the face because of the shame they felt. The lack of respect they have for costumers is amazing! they ruined my whole stay. I wouldnt go back. VERY BAD SERVICE.

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

Everything was good except the bed. I liked the huge common area, kitchen, clean toilet and its location. 공용공간과 화장실, 샤워실은 깨끗했으나 침대가 낡아서 스프링 소리가 심하게 났고 매트리스가 꺼지는 듯한 느낌이 들었습니다. 위치가 좋고 친절하며 주방도 넓습니다.

Best hostel in Panama City!

Premium Hostel, very good V4M. Very kind employees and everything you need is around the corner!

• 19th Jan 2015

Got there and the air conditioner was leaking on our beds - not just a drop - like dripping constantly. The owner told us there was repairman coming, and that i couldn't switch beds, because of the "system" he had in place, even though the 12 bed dorm had 10 free beds when i got there at midday. The repairman never showed up, and the owner still wouldn't let me change beds, claiming the hostel was fully booked even though the dorm was half empty by then, Got refund and went to another hostel.

For what I paid for this hostel it's such good value for money. In a fantastic central location, the staff are so friendly and helpful, I felt very safe. Great hostel!

Really great hostel in Casco Viejo - we could only get 2 nights because they book up so definitely make your plans in advance! Friendly staff and nice 6 bed rooms with reading lights and electrical outlets. Nice individual bathrooms and showers and they give you soap (whoa). Only thing missing in the Panama heat was a pool!

Great air conditioning and cleanliness really made the stay relaxing and sooooo worth the cost of dorms!!! Very thrilled here and would highly recommend it to everyone. Casco Viejo is also definitely the best place to stay in Panama City!!!!

I recommend this hostel really highly, both because of the excellent staff at the reception desk, and because it does the trick for travelers who are used to staying in hostels and recognize a good business when they see one. Nicole and Jeff were both incredibly helpful and patient, from answering questions to helping arrange a reasonably priced taxi to our new hostel when space ran out at Magnolia. The rooms are nice (a bit small), and the only thing I'd change would be to include breakfast!