Magnolia Inn Reviews

Calle 8va and Calle Boquete, Casco Viejo, Panama City, Panama

The hostel has lockers but not the keys to close them. So what is the use of lockers then? There is an airport pick-up service, but although I mailed twice before arriving - giving my flight number and arrival time - noone ever showed up. The location is quite good, but the downside is that on weekend days it is extremely noisy in the surrounding streets, and it only stops at daylight. The staff is nice and helpful.

Great flair in an historical buliding with very clean bathrooms and pretty nice lobby. The mixed 4 bed room was basic but funtional.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great location. Kind staff. Beautiful facilities. I stayed in the dorms and private room--both are wonderful. I loved my stay with the Magnolia Inn and would recommend it to anyone!

Fantastic place to stay, great location, clean bedrooms , clean bathrooms and lots of them. This place is well maintained and great value. I stayed 5 nights and I would stay here again. This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in and I have been to a lot of them over the years. You will be glad you stayed here trust me.

The staff at the hostel was really nice and I met a lot of nice people there. Some people went to bed early and some stayed out but the doors were quiet and beds easy and quite to get in and out of so no one was disturbed. I also LOVED the reading lamp and person outlets on the bed. I felt safe and comfortable and the staff was very welcoming. The bathrooms were also shockingly clean.

• 8th Aug 2014

The location was great - close to both the metro and the buses as well as in a beautiful part of Panama. It would be great to let guests know about some more of the local things to do, such as being able to visit the President's house!

• 4th Aug 2014

Hostel is really clean and comfortable. The bathrooms and toilets are always clean! This is NOT a party hostel but doesn't sell it's self as one. The common areas are comfortable and the rooms are really air conditioned. Great lockers for storage and there are power points at each bed and a light. Highly recommend this hostel.

The ambiance of the restored building was great and the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. My family only stayed one night, but highly recommend the experience and will stay there again if I'm back in Panama City.

Great hostel, very helpful staff, loved the read in lights and power outlets for each bed! Thy run the air conditioning 24/7 in the dorms which is amazing. Kitchen and common areas were pretty clean and comfortable, and its in a really nice part of the city to stay in.

Quiet location and mature atmosphere. Karol's does an excellent tour. Informative complete and to your specification. Will go again!!

• 20th Jul 2014

I really liked my stay here. It was very clean and the kitchen was one of the cleaniest I've seen in hostels. Also stayed at Mamallenas (and there was nothing really wrong about it), but liked this a lot more. This was much more stylish and liked that in the bathrooms were towels, which were changed often. Location was nice and quiet in old Panama. The only negative thing was, that to the buses or underground you had to walk 20 min (station 5 mayo), but the taxis are cheap.

Very clean. Young mix of travelers with more of a chill atmosphere, than a party. Perfect balance for me. Not a huge place, so if you're solo and looking to team up with others on a day trip or something, you might want to inquire at nearby hostel Luna's Castle trip desk.

Great hostel, very clean and not too noisy (unless you sleep on the second floor). The dorms on the first floor have AC all day, which is greatly appreciated. However, the absence of blind on the windows makes it difficult to sleep in the morning. Warm showers! The staff is in general friendly, with some exceptions. The kitchen is OK, but with only 3 spots on the electric stove, you may wait quite a while before being able to cook. As for the location, it is amazing! Very clean and nice place.

• 9th Jul 2014

Great hostel in old town, perfect if you want a quieter more mellow vibe

Loved this hostel so much I stayed an extra 4 nights. Wish this family all the best

To me this is a "5 star". It is a great location and it is quiet. Since I am an older person, I appreciate peace and quiet.

Magnolia Inn was a very good hostel; it was very clean and had great facilities and staff. Staff was extremely helpful and had great information on local places to eat and places to visit.

Stayed thee nights in 12 bed dorm, very nice people actually, did not vorher me. Man at front desk not very nice. Location amazing! Enough showers and toilets. Would try new hostel next time but definitely recommend as cheap place to stay.

Run by an American couple who doesn't hesitate to help out with clever tips on where to (and not to) go in Panama City. Very strong air conditioning in the dorm, woke up freezing a couple of times, but it's a nice change from the hot and humid Panama City air, and I'd rather put on an extra sweater than tumble around around sweating at night!

This place is so great. Like a hotel not a hostel. Staff are so helpful and inviting. Still able to have a good time here aswell as relax and enjoy some much needed AC! Would reccomend to everyone.