Magnolia Inn Reviews

Calle 8va and Calle Boquete, Casco Viejo, Panama City, Panama

Easily the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in

• 4th Feb 2016

A super comfortable place. Wonderful.

A pleasant surprise at an unexpected price. Having a place to crash when you arrive in a new city is always the most comforting thing to have. The peace of mind, the direction, the security. Lugging your bag from an airport, a bus terminal, or a train station is laborious and tiresome. It’s a symbol of being in between places. It carries with it a sense of mobility, but also a need for arrival, wherever that may be. I loved the Magnolia inn, it was perfect and it was surprising.

Clean beds private lights and outlets decent showers nice kitchen

air con in their hostel dorms and very helpful staff

Nice Hostels in Old Panama City. It has everything you need. Wifi signal is strong in the Hostel and the living room is comfortable with a big kitchen.

Very clean hostel. Friendly staff. Convenient location with tons of bars/restaurants/sites within walking distance. Great alternative to staying in the city. Staying in Casco Viejo actually makes you feel like you are in Panama.

Best hostel ever lovely staff so kind

Excellent location, and great staff! My bed in the 6 bed dorm was comfortable, air-conditioned, and quiet. There were enough bathrooms and showers, and the common areas were comfortable. The staff arranged my pickup from the airport, and the shared shuttle service back to the airport the next day. I highly recommend Magnolia Inn for anyone who wants to stay in the Casco Viejo area!

• 20th Dec 2015

The staff were super friendly and helpful, and all areas were kept very clean. The kitchen is well stocked and there are several supermarkets nearby (and the fish market) so you can easily cook. Great location. If you want nightlife or to access the city and tourist spots, this is a great location. If you want a quiet place, this is not it!

• 13th Dec 2015

Beautiful building, super friendly and helpful stasff. We only stay 1 night, but with this great location, we were able to walk around Casco Viejo easily.

• 12th Dec 2015
  • Mexico

Think I paid twice for my taxi. Once to the lady behind the desk and 2d time at the airport. Taxi also late because no one told him about the road closed in front of hotel. Common areas are hot. They have aircon but not turned on. I left some food for the fellow travelers the night before I left. There was a pile of food 2 feet high for the tourist to help with food cost. The morning I left the food was gone. I asked the lady at the desk and she said they give it to the hostel staff.

This hostel is a good option for staying in Casco Viejo. I met various staff members and all of them were super friendly and offered tons of good advice. The rooms were clean and of good size. However, I didn't have an orthopedic mattress as stated in the Lonely Planet. I think offering breakfast to guests would go down well as decent options are hard to come by in this part of town. I also think that maybe keys to the rooms would be a good idea since anyone can walk in at anytime.

Dear guest. Thank you for your review. We do have orthopedic mattresses in all our dorms, except the bed you slept in that night unfortunately. We review our mattresses every 3 months and your bed has been upgraded directly. Casco is famous for its abundance of restaurants and there are 8 places to have a breakfast within 400 m from us, both economic and gastronomic. We have a locked main entrance that we open from reception for your security and convenience. Kind regards

Pretty good hostel with great staff.

Terrible wifi (worst in any hostel I've stayed worldwide) and very rude staff, except one of the girls, who was very pleasant and professional. Even a detailed email directly to the owner about some issues that I was having while I was still on site did not receive a reply, and that was 5 days ago! He obviously does not care about his guests or his hostel. Was planning on staying for 10 days, checked out after 2. Do NOT stay here, there are many more options close by that have excellent wifi and service!

Dear Guest, I am terribly sorry you did not enjoy your stay at Magnolia Inn. Over the years we have build an excellent reputation in comfort and customer service, and I apologize you did not have the same experience as the vast majority of our guests). I am sorry I came over as rude, that was never my intention. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Panama. Kind regards

The staff at reception were awesome

• 28th Nov 2015

This hostel is one of the best hostels I have been to. Strategically located in Casco Viejo and staff are helpful.

One of the best hostels in my life and staff very helpful.

Fantastic place to stay, reading lights and plug-ins at every bunk. Lockers, clean and very soft linens. Right in the heart of the old town.

Great hostel - lovely and peaceful so if you're looking for a party place this isn't it. Beds are all new and lovely new cotton sheets. Plenty of toilets showers and personal lockers are in the rooms. Bring a padlock.