Magnolia Inn Reviews

Calle 8va and Calle Boquete, Casco Viejo, Panama City, Panama

Great location in Casco Antiguo, nice restaurant and bars nearby. They can arrange a shuttle to the Canal and Airport for $8/9 USD.

The location is right great! The only down fall is its hard to find and is in an alley that smells like cat pee. The staff spoke english which was awesome and was very helpful. The only thing is in the evening I asked the girl about a taxi and she told me to go out to the street and it would be about $10-15 to get to the airport; but in the morning the guy helped me and he called some guy that tried to charge me $35.

• 22nd Jun 2015

With so many parties going on nearby, it is a really nice place to stay at. The personel is attentive and there is a nice atmosohere. The hostel itself is new and pleasent with its decorations and environments.

A very clean, well-thought out hostel. I thought that the main living area could do with air-conditioning, and it is disappointing that I was offered a $30 taxi to the airport when a hostel around the corner offered the same service for $20. I'd recommend this place if you don't want to party, but want to stay in a relaxing, clean environment.

Good clean hostel, nice service, booked an extra day

Great showers and kitchen to prepare own food. Aircon helps in t rooms (though t second night it broke).

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Finland

Great hostel - comfortable, well laid out, clean and very helpful staff! I stayed on my way in to Panama and again on the way out and both stays were great.

I LOVED staying here! Staff was awesome! The hostel was beautiful and the only suggestion I have is that it would be nice to have girls and boys dorms because during my stay all my roommates were guys. They were awesome people yet i would've liked to have one girl in the room at least. I'll def try to come back here again!!!

Great place to stay! I was surprised by how nice it was for just $15/night! And there's free coffee in the AM!!!!

• 1st Jun 2015

Love the little touches like 24 hour AC, chargers and light for each bed and the staircase for the top bunk so I don't have to wake people by climbing the bed. Big room, lockers, good kitchen. One of the best places I've ever stayed

Was here for one night only and didn't really see much... but seemed really nice and facilities looked good.

Really beautiful hostel. Great location. Atmosphere was nice - but not busy or overly social. Very clean and great showers / bathroom facilities. Good rooms with lockers.

I had to change my room afer 2 days, even I booked 3 month ago. Some people had to change 4 times in 10 days!

Great location, very nice hostel. Would stay here again!

Staffs were friendly and helpful especially Helen,,,Thank Helen for all your help!!! Good location and a nice place to chill out...

Thank you Hanna and staff! My mum and i loved staying here!!

Great place to stay and relax in the old town of Panama City. Rooms are big and clean, kitchen is spacious and well looked after, bathrooms are spotless. Staff is good and helpful. Not much of an atmosphere to meet people, but could be just the time I was staying there.

Not a bad little spot in Panama city. Very helpful manager

Great location and beautiful building- definitely recommend staying there! Small but thoughtful things like individual bed lamps and powerpoints, plenty of hooks in the shower make a difference. There is also free coffee. I had a late night arrival and the guy didnt even tell me where anything was like the bathrooms and I wish they had a female only dorm alternative, as a number of loud male snorers and staring freaks wasnt so great, but that isnt the hostels fault!! great place in Casco Viejo!

I reserved a two night stay. I confirmed our reservation 10 days prior stating I would not be available prior to arriving but we would be there. Upon our arrival Magnolia Inn stated our reservation had somehow been cancelled despite my conformation. They were able to accommodate us for the 1st night but for the 2nd night we had to find some other place to stay. I had to argue to get my deposit back and they were less than helpful in finding us another place to stay. Boo!