Magnolia Inn Reviews

Calle 8va and Calle Boquete, Casco Viejo, Panama City, Panama

I had to change my room afer 2 days, even I booked 3 month ago. Some people had to change 4 times in 10 days!

Great location, very nice hostel. Would stay here again!

Staffs were friendly and helpful especially Helen,,,Thank Helen for all your help!!! Good location and a nice place to chill out...

Thank you Hanna and staff! My mum and i loved staying here!!

Not a bad little spot in Panama city. Very helpful manager

Great location and beautiful building- definitely recommend staying there! Small but thoughtful things like individual bed lamps and powerpoints, plenty of hooks in the shower make a difference. There is also free coffee. I had a late night arrival and the guy didnt even tell me where anything was like the bathrooms and I wish they had a female only dorm alternative, as a number of loud male snorers and staring freaks wasnt so great, but that isnt the hostels fault!! great place in Casco Viejo!

I reserved a two night stay. I confirmed our reservation 10 days prior stating I would not be available prior to arriving but we would be there. Upon our arrival Magnolia Inn stated our reservation had somehow been cancelled despite my conformation. They were able to accommodate us for the 1st night but for the 2nd night we had to find some other place to stay. I had to argue to get my deposit back and they were less than helpful in finding us another place to stay. Boo!

Great hostel, very spacious and clean. Not so sociable, but fantastic place. Would go back. Only downside is this part of town sometimes have water issues but if you want to stay in the old city it's a potential problem in all any place here and to be fair the staff had water on standby

Great hotel & hostel in the centre of Casco Viejo. Everything was super fine, the only drawback for me was lack of bus stop in the neighborhood.

Great spot, had a long layover and decided to plop into the city for a bit and thankfully I had a reservation. Staff and location were fantastic - make sure you make a reservation as they book out fast!

• 9th Mar 2015

It is a great hostel! Although, they dont have cheap rooms available for 1 or 2.

I absolutely love this hostel! Great location and the staff are very friendly and helpful. I felt right at home the moment I walked in. Very relaxing and not at all a party hostel, but walking distance to bars and restaurants. Very safe, clean, and comfy beds. I would recommend this hostel to anyone looking to visit Panama, I cant wait for another visit to the Magnolia Inn.

Centrally located in Casco Viejo. Staff was very helpful. Huge well equipped kitchen and comfortable spacious common areas. Clean bathrooms.

• 22nd Feb 2015

I had a great time at Magnolia. The staff were super helpful with recommendations & the cleaning staff was fabulously nice as well (the one lady insisted on carrying my suitcase down the stairs for me during checkout). The showers were super clean- huge +.The location felt a little sketchy when I arrived Saturday night & the surrounding area was pretty noisy, but I only felt that way that night. Otherwise I felt like it was a safe & welcoming area. Plenty of neat things in walking distance.

Cool place with charm in the enchanting old town area of Panama City. We were there during Carnival and the water was out. That wasn't great. I hope that isn't normal. if they had water it would have been much better. Staff was friendly and spoke Spanish and English very well.

Upgraded to private double for about $90. Totally worth it. Very clean and good A/C. Neighbourhood seems a bit sketchy at first but was alright within borders recommended by reception. Make sure you get a beer at the brewery about two blocks away and go to the bar on top of the roof (on same block). Reception was very helpful and friendly.

Clean dorms and bathrooms. Friendly staff. Amazing location.

Great experience.... Would recomend to anybody.... superbe

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Really nice hostel. Would stay here again. Very good staff.

The receptionist were very rude and inneficient. When doing the checkin one of them wrote something about me and showed it to the other and they started laughing. When i asked them about it they couldnt even look me in the face because of the shame they felt. The lack of respect they have for costumers is amazing! they ruined my whole stay. I wouldnt go back. VERY BAD SERVICE.

• 24th Jan 2015