Magnolia Inn Reviews

Calle 8va and Calle Boquete, Casco Viejo, Panama City, Panama

Magnolia Inn is a great place to stay. The location in the heart of Casco Viejo is amazing. The staff are really helpful and will go out of their way to be accommodating. Having lockers in each dorm and a light and powerpoint over each bed is a nice touch. I would not hesitate to recommend this place!

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

The hosts were amazinly helpfull and nice. The area is very beautiful and charming. I recommend the Magnolia to everyone.

• 11th Sep 2014

We stayed at the magnolia for two nights. Before our second night we found out that there was a security issue in the dorm room that we wee supposed to be staying in. Instead of putting us up in another dorm, they put my sister and I up in a private room. It was much appreciated. We would strongly recommend this Hostel. It was wonderful!!

• 10th Sep 2014

Stayed at the Magnolia Inn for 4 nights during my time in Panama for 2 weeks. Reggie and his wife are wonderful. I interacted a lot with Silvano and Uri as well who man the front desk and are very friendly and helpful. The rooms and bathroom are clean and the kitchen and eating area are great. No breakfast but there are plenty of minisupers in the area to buy food. Not a party hostel; there is a communal feeling which was nice as a solo traveler. Location is great in Casco Viejo!

The people are nice but the place look old and not mainatin in the small ditailes

The positives: location is great for walking around and nearby bars/restaurants, the staff is friendly, and it's an overall good deal for the money. The negatives: one my first night, the hostel ran out of hot water. On the second night, all of the electricity went completely out (no water, air con, lights, wifi, etc). A real pain.

Hostel rooms are really clean along with the bathrooms. There is a nice common area with a kitchen where you can meet people. Not a party hostel though, you can party elsewhere then actually get some sleep here as there are no loud bars right next door or on site.

This us by far my favorite hostel in Panama. It's run by a hands on American family who understand customer service and needs. The extremely intelligent and precocious daughter (who speaks 5 languages) has helped make this an upscale hostel for a very moderate price. The locaction in the historic Casco Viejo neighborhood is perfect for relaxing sightseeing and exploring. Great bars and restaurants right next door. I loved the a/c dorm rooms (a must in Panama) and the private layout.

The hostel has lockers but not the keys to close them. So what is the use of lockers then? There is an airport pick-up service, but although I mailed twice before arriving - giving my flight number and arrival time - noone ever showed up. The location is quite good, but the downside is that on weekend days it is extremely noisy in the surrounding streets, and it only stops at daylight. The staff is nice and helpful.

Great flair in an historical buliding with very clean bathrooms and pretty nice lobby. The mixed 4 bed room was basic but funtional.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great location. Kind staff. Beautiful facilities. I stayed in the dorms and private room--both are wonderful. I loved my stay with the Magnolia Inn and would recommend it to anyone!

Fantastic place to stay, great location, clean bedrooms , clean bathrooms and lots of them. This place is well maintained and great value. I stayed 5 nights and I would stay here again. This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in and I have been to a lot of them over the years. You will be glad you stayed here trust me.

The staff at the hostel was really nice and I met a lot of nice people there. Some people went to bed early and some stayed out but the doors were quiet and beds easy and quite to get in and out of so no one was disturbed. I also LOVED the reading lamp and person outlets on the bed. I felt safe and comfortable and the staff was very welcoming. The bathrooms were also shockingly clean.

• 8th Aug 2014

The location was great - close to both the metro and the buses as well as in a beautiful part of Panama. It would be great to let guests know about some more of the local things to do, such as being able to visit the President's house!

• 4th Aug 2014

Hostel is really clean and comfortable. The bathrooms and toilets are always clean! This is NOT a party hostel but doesn't sell it's self as one. The common areas are comfortable and the rooms are really air conditioned. Great lockers for storage and there are power points at each bed and a light. Highly recommend this hostel.

The ambiance of the restored building was great and the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. My family only stayed one night, but highly recommend the experience and will stay there again if I'm back in Panama City.

Great hostel, very helpful staff, loved the read in lights and power outlets for each bed! Thy run the air conditioning 24/7 in the dorms which is amazing. Kitchen and common areas were pretty clean and comfortable, and its in a really nice part of the city to stay in.

Quiet location and mature atmosphere. Karol's does an excellent tour. Informative complete and to your specification. Will go again!!

• 20th Jul 2014

I really liked my stay here. It was very clean and the kitchen was one of the cleaniest I've seen in hostels. Also stayed at Mamallenas (and there was nothing really wrong about it), but liked this a lot more. This was much more stylish and liked that in the bathrooms were towels, which were changed often. Location was nice and quiet in old Panama. The only negative thing was, that to the buses or underground you had to walk 20 min (station 5 mayo), but the taxis are cheap.

Very clean. Young mix of travelers with more of a chill atmosphere, than a party. Perfect balance for me. Not a huge place, so if you're solo and looking to team up with others on a day trip or something, you might want to inquire at nearby hostel Luna's Castle trip desk.

« first « Prev 1 2 3