Magnolia Inn Reviews

Calle 8va and Calle Boquete, Casco Viejo, Panama City, Panama

loved magnolia, extremely helpful staff, super comfortable beds, never had to wait for bathroom, well equipped kitchen, well decorated and spacious common space, overall a good feel. the 12 bed dorm room didn't feel crowded because it was sort of divided into two separate rooms, so it felt more like a 6 bed dorm, which was awesome. highly recommended.

Decent hostel for a large city, I stayed there for 1 night, I'm not sure if I would stay there for longer; although it's well situated in the old city and next to an awesome cafe, casa sucre

Feels like staying in a beautiful colonial house rather than a typical hostel. The ballroom on top floor didnt have any bunk beds, just single beds, so there was a lot of space for all guests. Good Wifi in all areas and well kept.

• 5th Dec 2014

Very friendly staff, well located. I stayed in the main dorm on the 3rd floor, which has a lot of windows and no curtains. The lockers are really new, made of metal, and large. I'd go back there, but keep in mind: the rooftop bar next door gets very loud and another neighbor often started music around 7am. The property is quite beautiful, the main area comfy not the most sociable. Wifi is frustratingly slow, which seemed unnecessary; the cafés in the area all had much faster wifi.

Cannot rate this hostel & staff highly enough. I arrived early in the morning and was really unwell. They made up a bed for me immediately and kept checking if I was ok during the day. Really felt like hope away from home. The building is lovely with really high ceilings and its spotlessly clean, perfect location in the heart of old town. I also booked a taxi through the hostel and was given a very competitive rate. Will definitely stay there again!!!

good spot to stay. it's in the best part of town. everyone was cool. happy i stayed there.

Clean dorms, good security, amazing staff, beautiful kitchen, nice lounging area, hot showers, all in all a really beautiful place. It is totally worth spending a few dollars more than the other party hostels and staying here. Nice to relax from the hustle and bustle of Panama City. Seriously good place, I highly recommend!!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in in the 5 months I've been travelling! AC in the rooms all day and comfy beds, outlets and reading lights on each one. The hostel/hotel is homey and clean. Overall, great stay and kind of wishing I could stay longer!

Tranquile hostel at a superb location. Very clean facilities, a real example in hostel world. Deluxe beds with your own electrical socket! I would recommend magnolia inn to everybody.

the staff was amazing, helpful, knowledgable and personable.

Magnolia Inn is a great place to stay. The location in the heart of Casco Viejo is amazing. The staff are really helpful and will go out of their way to be accommodating. Having lockers in each dorm and a light and powerpoint over each bed is a nice touch. I would not hesitate to recommend this place!

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Um dos melhores Hostel que já me hospedei. Banho quente, ar condicionado no quarto e excelente localização na Casco Viejo. Não é um "party hostel", bom para descanso, casais ou quem procure um pouco de tranquilidade. Recomendo demais!

The hosts were amazinly helpfull and nice. The area is very beautiful and charming. I recommend the Magnolia to everyone.

• 11th Sep 2014

We stayed at the magnolia for two nights. Before our second night we found out that there was a security issue in the dorm room that we wee supposed to be staying in. Instead of putting us up in another dorm, they put my sister and I up in a private room. It was much appreciated. We would strongly recommend this Hostel. It was wonderful!!

• 10th Sep 2014

Stayed at the Magnolia Inn for 4 nights during my time in Panama for 2 weeks. Reggie and his wife are wonderful. I interacted a lot with Silvano and Uri as well who man the front desk and are very friendly and helpful. The rooms and bathroom are clean and the kitchen and eating area are great. No breakfast but there are plenty of minisupers in the area to buy food. Not a party hostel; there is a communal feeling which was nice as a solo traveler. Location is great in Casco Viejo!

The people are nice but the place look old and not mainatin in the small ditailes

The positives: location is great for walking around and nearby bars/restaurants, the staff is friendly, and it's an overall good deal for the money. The negatives: one my first night, the hostel ran out of hot water. On the second night, all of the electricity went completely out (no water, air con, lights, wifi, etc). A real pain.

Hostel rooms are really clean along with the bathrooms. There is a nice common area with a kitchen where you can meet people. Not a party hostel though, you can party elsewhere then actually get some sleep here as there are no loud bars right next door or on site.

This us by far my favorite hostel in Panama. It's run by a hands on American family who understand customer service and needs. The extremely intelligent and precocious daughter (who speaks 5 languages) has helped make this an upscale hostel for a very moderate price. The locaction in the historic Casco Viejo neighborhood is perfect for relaxing sightseeing and exploring. Great bars and restaurants right next door. I loved the a/c dorm rooms (a must in Panama) and the private layout.

The hostel has lockers but not the keys to close them. So what is the use of lockers then? There is an airport pick-up service, but although I mailed twice before arriving - giving my flight number and arrival time - noone ever showed up. The location is quite good, but the downside is that on weekend days it is extremely noisy in the surrounding streets, and it only stops at daylight. The staff is nice and helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3