Magnolia Inn Reviews

Calle 8va and Calle Boquete, Casco Viejo, Panama City, Panama

Very clean. Young mix of travelers with more of a chill atmosphere, than a party. Perfect balance for me. Not a huge place, so if you're solo and looking to team up with others on a day trip or something, you might want to inquire at nearby hostel Luna's Castle trip desk.

Great hostel, very clean and not too noisy (unless you sleep on the second floor). The dorms on the first floor have AC all day, which is greatly appreciated. However, the absence of blind on the windows makes it difficult to sleep in the morning. Warm showers! The staff is in general friendly, with some exceptions. The kitchen is OK, but with only 3 spots on the electric stove, you may wait quite a while before being able to cook. As for the location, it is amazing! Very clean and nice place.

• 9th Jul 2014

Great hostel in old town, perfect if you want a quieter more mellow vibe

Loved this hostel so much I stayed an extra 4 nights. Wish this family all the best

To me this is a "5 star". It is a great location and it is quiet. Since I am an older person, I appreciate peace and quiet.

• 19th Jun 2014

Magnolia Inn was a very good hostel; it was very clean and had great facilities and staff. Staff was extremely helpful and had great information on local places to eat and places to visit.

Stayed thee nights in 12 bed dorm, very nice people actually, did not vorher me. Man at front desk not very nice. Location amazing! Enough showers and toilets. Would try new hostel next time but definitely recommend as cheap place to stay.

Run by an American couple who doesn't hesitate to help out with clever tips on where to (and not to) go in Panama City. Very strong air conditioning in the dorm, woke up freezing a couple of times, but it's a nice change from the hot and humid Panama City air, and I'd rather put on an extra sweater than tumble around around sweating at night!

This place is so great. Like a hotel not a hostel. Staff are so helpful and inviting. Still able to have a good time here aswell as relax and enjoy some much needed AC! Would reccomend to everyone.

Friendly and helpful reception. Clean and spacious rooms. Nice common area with big kitchen.

Good hostel with a suberb location. Among the friendliest staff I've met, very helpful. A little quiet and it's my first central/south american hostel, so I am only comparing to my past experience in Asia now. People I met in the hostel were very positive to Magnolia. I've been to better, but I wouldn't feel bad to recommend this place to anyone. Thumbs up!

Not a lot of an atmosphere, would totally recommend this to anyone but a single traveler wanting to meat people.

it is most comfortable and quiet ; definitely not a place for parties.

• 25th May 2014
  • Portugal

Great location! Nice staff and you get to know nice people!

great kitchen, comfortable dorms and friendly staff. one of the most luxurious hostels I have stayed in.

This hostel is amazing. New facilities, it's amazingly clean. We stayed in a 4 bedroom dorm with aircon and fan for $15 pp per night. Great value. The kitchen was great, clean and well equipped. They definitely put a lot of effort knot this hostel. The showers and toilets are super clean. I would definitely recommend this hostel. We had a very comfortable stay.

Great location with the standard facilities and a very good kitchen. In a safe neighborhood and walking distance to everything in Casco Viejo!!!

Brilliant location, nice staff and loved the light and power sockets allocated to each bed. I would definitely stay there again if I go back to Panama City.

great location and friendly staff. the top bunks are HIGH!!! If you were to fall off in the middle of the night, you'd fracture something easily.

Awesome hostel. Friendly knowledgable staff. Big beds with plugs and side light. Nice clean showers and bathrooms. Couldn't ask for anymore.