Magnolia Inn

Superb 498 Total Reviews
Superb 498 Total Reviews

24th Feb 2017

The place is well managed, everything works, staff is reasonably helpful. I have only one thing to mention: I was the first one to check into a room, and was assigned to an upper bunker. I asked if I could have a lower one but the manager said no. I wonder what kind of policy they follow.

Dear guest Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you had such a good stay with you. In regards to our bed policy: Beds booked from hostelworld are assigned randomly in our reservation system. We always try to give people a bottom bunk if possible, but due to are high occupancy rate year round we can not always guarantee this. Unfortunately this was the situation in your case and I apologize if I failed to clarify. We hope to welcome you back soon. Kind regards, Joeri van der Linden

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
20th Feb 2017

Great hostel located in the Casco Viejo, also walking to downtown is not that far. There is a nice atmosphere with a wide variety of travellers (young and old) would definitely recommend the place.

• laerkeoline
  • Denmark, All Female Group, 18-24
9th Feb 2017

Staying in Magnolia in was amazing! It was always clean, there was a well equiped kitchen and the place is so beautiful!

9th Feb 2017

Really perfect. All very well managed. Many bathrooms and toilets, all very clean. Very helpful english speaking staff. The common rooms and kitchen with balcony also great to hang around and meet other travelers. Very nice old house in the middle of old town with good bars around. The aircon was good, i found it was not too cold, as others claimed.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
8th Feb 2017

Srayed one night for a long layover but it was great, had a restful and comfortable sleep with AC as it gets quite warm in summer. Great common area, loved a being able to enjoy a little balcony. Location is right in casco viejo and it was beautiful and safe. Bus station was 15 min walk though as I didn't know they offer timed airport shuttle!

• patrinadal3444
  • Spain, Female, 31-40
30th Jan 2017

This hostel is in a great location and is spotlessly clean - but more than that what made it for us was the staff. They were so helpful, spending time helping us work out where to go and sharing their knowledge of Panama. I was taken ill when I arrived and everyone working there showed me so much care - they looked after us and showed an interest really above and beyond their job. This place had some of the nicest staff I have ever met! I would write more if there was more space!!!

• Australia, Female, 31-40
29th Jan 2017
8.0

Overall great hostel. A staff member was difficult to deal with and not willing to help therefore booked my tours elsewhere but other than that had a nice stay

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
28th Jan 2017

Very clean hostel, excellent wifi and amazingly air conditioned rooms 24/7! Would recommend to anyone visiting panama :)

24th Jan 2017

Stayed in Magnolia Inn while in Panama City and loved it! It's extremely clean, both the rooms and the shared kitchen space. Really beautiful hostel in a great location! Extremely helpful and friendly staff. Only complaint was cold aircon! This isn't a party hostel - slept really well and really loved it!

• Germany, Female, 25-30
24th Jan 2017

Everything about this hostel is great except the airconditioning. There are no remote controls for it in the dorms and the reception told me it was impossible to turn it up. Even with 3 layers of clothes I was so freezing that I moved the couch in the common room to get at least some sleep.