Magy Hotel Reviews

122 El Galaa Street, Ramses, Cairo, Egypt

No Rating

Magy wasn't worth the $11 I spent to stay there (including Hostelworld fee), considering that after a 20hr flight I arrived to Cairo near midnight to find that they didn't provide the advertised pickup, even after I had checked beforehand with the manager- Elie Nagui- via email, over a week prior, & also emailed during my layover so they wouldn't forget. There was also feces in the toilet when I arrived & they didn't wash the sheets after I checked out- instead they argued w/ me abt the price!

• 4th Nov 2011

The staff here are wonderful! So friendly and helpful! The rooms are great too... Right downtown. We were picked up from airport for free and the man was waiting for us when we got off the plane! Great introduction to Egypt! As far assured impressions go, Cairo has Been our best country yet!

if you see this place and the crazy staff who work inside inside you will certainly cry a lot. one of the worst Cairo's hotel

Very saticfied with their service and tours. Tour to Luxor and Aswan was perfect and cheaper than other time I came to Cairo. For sure if I come back to Egypt, I will stay with them.

Friendly staff. Very safe and recpecting environment for a woman to stay. Tours to Luxor and Aswan was fun and reasonable price. You also should try tour to Dahab. It's unbelievable. In total I was happy there.

Perfect hospitality. They provided everything I asked for. I was very saticfied with their tour orgonizer. Both the tours,Luxor and Alexandria was plesent.

Good Hotel but improvement needs to be done,Aircondition to be fitted some painting needs to be done.

Stayed one night, found staff surly and surprise extra 30 Eg pound fee for air-conditioning, not mentioned anywhere on hotel description. Bad location under highway and near mini-bus pickup, noisy and dirty street. Had to walk 10 min to Midan Orabi to find restaurants across crazy streets.Taxis cant find it, no sign at street level. We were there one night in transit from Shram to get flight back to Canada. I dont know if they were less friendly because we were not going to go on any tours. They wanted 60 Eg for a ride back to the airport, a taxi cost 30 Eg, and they wouldnt come down any lower that 50 even though my friend and I were taking different flights and they would have had 2 fares. I left early with my friend as I felt uncomfortable with each visit to the lobby, many men sitting around and staff who whined when i wanted to use the free internet ( he was on chat with some girl). Also when we got our room i had to ask for toilet paper and towels, there were none, and the bathroom light didnt work. Hotel is on fourth floor, room has no tv, just mattresses on floor, strange shower over toilet ( ie when you shower you flood the whole bathroom, no tub or stall, or curtain). Sheets were clean , bed of foam. Lobby and common room, dimmly lit. On the up side,got free airport pick up and very cheap place to crash. Do not recommend this place, go to Ramses II on Talaat Harb,closer to shops and better all around.

First impressions are decieving at the Magy Hotel. When you walk in it looks bland and uninteresting, but then you meet Elie and the staff and they will bend over backwards to help you. My budget holiday became a 4 star dream holiday because of the Magy Hotel. I would recomend this hotel to anyone who wishes a holiday in Egypt.

No hot water in the rooms!!!!The staff is really interested in selling you excursions and provide you with taxis and other services to earn money. Do not trust them and organize yourselves, it is not that difficult! Egypt is a fascinating country!!! Xavier (Barcelona)