Maison Tordeur Bed & Breakfast Reviews

Rua Stefan Zweig, 117, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Very friendly and helpful with a lovely relaxed family atmosphere.. The owner makes you feel very welcome and with a pool and nice views to enjoy, it was a good find during the World Cup. I would be very happy to return there if I go back to Rio one day!

• 12th Jul 2014

Very beautiful private house on the hill, and VERY-VERY NICE LEA and her daughter! Close to Cristo Redentor. Highly recommend!

My experience in that pousada was pretty bad. It was a quite abandoned house, dirty jacuzzi and pool, a freezer with expired drinks, even the shampoos were expired ... Our room had no air conditioner, and there were cats which are not a good companion if you are allergic to them. I do not recommend this posuada at all, it is not what you expect when you see the rating and pictures on the web site. I am rather dissapointed.

• 14th Jan 2014
  • Argentina

The design of the house very interesting, because of the effect of mutiple levels, with a swimmingpool on the top! The rooms clean and spacious. The owner, Lea, is a very friendly woman who wants to make everybody at ease. The ambiance is good but the maisson doesnt have a ‚hostelfeeling’ (meaning that the hostel doesnt do activity suggestions). price/quaity rate: ok.

We had a lovely time here. Lea was so helpful and dropped us off at a couple of places. There is a pool and you have the run of the house. Superb breakfast. Only problem is its position in a quiet residential area which has its pluses but also meant it was a hike to get there and taxi drivers didn't always know where it was, but as I said, Lea was very helpful and overall we enjoyed ourselves and would go back.

Thank you so much Julia and Lea! I had such a wonderful time and am so glad we met

View all Rio de Janeiro Bed and Breakfasts