Maison de Didi Reviews

Great stay

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 18-24

No AC!!! She has taped the vents shut and only gets AC in her own room. Had to share bathroom with 10 other guests which became annoying after the 1st night. Our room door was shut closed with a piece of tape which didn't leave us with much security. As for everything else the location was walking distance to most main attractions and breakfast was exceptional (but you only got one coffee and and one baked good from a close by restaurant).

My facilities are clearly stated it does said that thereisn't AC. I'm not being greedy with it. Every room has its set of keys and this is probably the safest area you could be in Rome, The tape i a little square of adhesihve paper that cover a patch that needs to be painted...there is a proper lock. . This windbag gives all his energy on his byceps .Hit a library, and learn how to read the facilities before booking next time

Didi is a lovely lady, so helpful and kind. She made us feel right at home and gave us places to go eat and places to visit while we were there.

Thank you so much for your kind words, It makes me really proud and happy when people recognise the effort and the love I put in what I do and I'm also happy that the majority of you are really great people to have here to give them the best possible stay. Only from time to time there is the odd one out, but this is life. You can please all the people some of the time, some of the people all the time but you can't please all the people all the time. But I do try...then I get mr clever above...

Great stay. Great host. Great location next to colosseum. Didi was a great host and worked with us on any issues we had.

Great guests, I'm here to give the travellers an experience as easy and complete as possible. I was born in Rome so I know pretty much all there is to know and I like to share it with my guests. I also love the good food and so I will be always happy to guide you to the best places, with the real italian cuisine. Come back any time.

Perfect location very close to coloseo. The staff were nice and friendly. It was great for the purpose (citytrip) so we were almost always outside.

Thank you for choosing Maison de Didi and I'm glad that you enjoy your citytrip

My host was friendly and helpful. I didn't see her much or the other guests. The location was close to the metro line but it closes pretty early on Friday night and getting back from the night viewing at the Vatican was not as easy as it could have been. There were some communal toiletries, which differed from other B&B's I've stayed in that offer tiny bottles. The location is a bit hidden - look for the name on the Buzzer. Second floor. Lovely Italian breakfast at a local cafe is included!

Thank you dear, I like to offer to my guest a calm and relaxing place, so even if I'm on the premises I'm out the guest way, but always reachable in my room for any query. I've been also very lucky with my guests that usually are couple or family very considerate of others. If you are lookingfor peace and a good night sleep after the city buzzing this is definetly the right place. Will be a pleasure to have you again

We really enjoyed our stay here! Didi was amazing and very helpful! It's about a 3 min walk to the Colosseum. The only problem we had was there was no air conditioning but we just opened the windows. It got pretty hot in there. The wifi was also very strong and effective. Overall we loved are stay and Didi was awesome!

Thank you for appreciating my job, all that I want is for my guest to be happy . Unfortunately this has been the hottest july in nearly 20 years...now there are fan in every room. Come back whenever you can.

If you're looking for a familiar place with a very ncie host in the centre of Rome, go to "Maison de Didi" - We really appreciated our stay there.

Thank you guys the pleasure was all mine.

It was a pleasure to stay at Didi's, it was clean, comfortable and the service was very nice. It is less than a 5 minute walk from the B&B to the Colosseum. The option of leaving luggage before check-in and after check-out is really handy. I will definitely raccomend this place to friends and family.

• 19th May 2015
  • Georgia

we loved our time here! Didi is great and gives helpful advice!

Nice place, nice room, nice Didi. Large and clean bedroom, good location. Negative point : breakfast. We thought it was in La Maison de Didi, but we had to go to a coffee very close. Also, we had just ONE hot drink and ONE cookie (per person of course ;-))

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Dear guest, thank you for the good words an for enjoied your stay. I find the idea of servng a real italian cappuccino and sweet pastry much more appeling than a pre packed continental brekkie, that is the standard in b&b in italy. Tha Cafè is just around the corner and the staff is nice and super friendly. The majority of the guest is always extremely happy about it...and it's a croissant, not a cookie, But I will ask the lady to make sure there wasn't any mistake. hope to see you again

I loved staying with Didi during my first trip to Rome. She made me feel welcome in her B & B, and she gave me great advice on where to eat and what to see while in Rome. The location is perfect; you can see the Colosseum from the rooftop terrace, and you get the most picturesque view of the Colosseum when walking through the nearby park to get there. I stayed in a single room, and I loved how much like home the room made me feel. Didi was wonderful, and I will definitely stay here again!

You very one of the most kind person I had the pleasure of having in my home. I wish to see you again and I'm happy that you enjoied your stay so much

We had a wonderful time! The breakfast was delicious, and the bed was the comfiest I slept on for the whole trip!

• 15th Apr 2015

Thank you for being such a considerate and cheerfull guest

Didi was super friendly and helpful when it came to recommendations etc. the B

Nice stay, great hospitality. Great option of leaving luggage before check-in and after check-out

I stayed for 3 nights and had a great time, Didi was lovely and although I didn't need it she seemed very happy to help with what to do. One of the best things was breakfast; Didi gave us a coupon to go to the local cafe and get a drink and a pastry. I would recommend staying here!!!

• 12th Mar 2015

If you like to experience Rome, this is the place to be. Didi is wonderful and full of attention, the house is 100 years old, stay away if you look for modern and a cold place. Charming and well decorated, in a residential area, two steps away from the Colosseo. Great cappucino and hot sweet pastry to start the day. Did will also provide you with every immaginable information for your stay. I will be definetely coming back and raccomend this place to friends and family

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Couple, 41+

This hostel was more like staying with a friend! There are only a few rooms which meant that the service was a personal as you can get!

• 28th Feb 2015

Overall, fantastic place to stay! Very central!

• 12th Feb 2015