Maison de Didi Reviews

Via Ruggero Bonghi 27, Rome, Italy

The owner was extremely friendly and helpful with us. The location was great and within walking distance of many important monuments in Rome. Everything was really clean and nice space.

Our stay with Didi was very nice. We were the only guests the first two nights of our stay and then later joined by another young couple. Didi went over a map of Rome with us and gave us various suggestions of things to do/see. Like previous comments before... just be aware that the breakfast is a pastry and a coffee from the cafe down the road. Go early if you want to have any options. The location is great! Bus stop and metro near by. Colosseum only a 5 minute walk! I definitely recommend.

• 5th Nov 2014

Bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper, Rome just likes to start their days early and so it can get noisy early in the mornings so just make sure and bring something to drown out the noise. It is less than a 5 minute walk from the B&B to the Colosseum and the main high lights of Rome, we rarely needed to take the metro or public transportation except to get to the Termini and the Vatican. Breakfast at the Grand Caffee around the corner is great, the croissants are absolutely delicious.

Didi is a charming host, very friendly and helpful! Upon arrival she provided us with a very good map of the city and talked us through how best to visit each of the sites. Breakfast is served at the cafe round the corner via redeemable vouchers supplied by Didi. The location is superb, next to a beautiful local park and only a 5 minute walk to the Colosseum! The only drawback was the occasional noisy traffic sounds from outside our room. Overall though very happy, thanks Didi for a lovely stay!

Came here after great reviews. Severely disappointed. This is definitely not a Bed and Brekki place. More like hostel room with a free coffee and croissant. Very deceiving to call it a B&B when you're offered a coffee/pastry voucher only. Room was ready but unclean, with old hair in the bathroom, not cleaned properly. Wore my thongs as the floor and room was not clean and didn't feel clean. Tiny ensuite. Also, she didnt even leave lights on thru hallway so had to fumble thru dark in evening.

• 3rd Oct 2014

As you said...Came here after great reviews...and then there is you the odd one out, the one that enjoy a bit of popularity in smearing and defaming my work and my house. The floor is cleaned every single day, as well as every room that gets ready for a new customer, bathroom included, so I don't know why all this slander from your part. The marble floor is 100 years old and of course is a bit consumed, wich has nothing to do to with being or feeling dirty. Next time afford a 5 stars.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Didi was very welcoming and helpful, giving us tips on where to go and what to see. I would definitely recommend Maison de Didi and would stay there again if we went back to Rome.

We just stayed at Didi's a few days ago and we absolutely loved it! The B&B is just a few minutes from the Colosseo - so we could walk to most of the sights. Our room was pretty, clean and we instantly felt comfortable. The owner Didi was also super friendly and very helpful. All in all a great stay.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Austria

Thank you so much, Didi. I can't imagine a better location for a visit to Rome. So close to the Colosseum you can practically touch it and I loved that I could walk everywhere - all the sights are within walking distance. Lots of good places to eat nearby and also a very quiet neigbourhood. Didi was so welcoming and friendly with a great map of Rome which was essential for getting around. I loved it here and would recommend it wholeheartedly. I plan to come back next time I'm in Rome.

Dear Jodie, you are the reason I do what I do, the opportunity of meeting great people travelling and coming to know and love my city. It has been a pleasure and a joy having you here

I really enjoyed staying here while in Rome. Very close to the colosseum without being right on top of it. Only thing that the room lacked was a mirror, however there was one in the bathroom.

In a really fine area of the city, about a 5min walk from a metro stop, still manageable. The place was clean, bright and had fresh linens. The hostess was there for an instant and that was it. not the environment of a B&B, and definitely no breakfast. It's well priced.

Hi, I would like to remind you that a b&b is a family house and is not an hotel with 24 hours reception, even so everybody get check in even very late at night and receive a warm welcome and all the info they need for the best stay.You left very early in the morning and return in the evening while I was on the premises cleaning and taking care of the arrivals. So sorry if I dare to go and have dinner before you could check if i was in. I also remeber that each one of you request was met.

Maison de Didi was so wonderful! Didi was SO friendly and helpful, and the location is perfect. Literally a two minute walk to the colosseum. I was bummed we couldn't use the kitchen, but Didi had great recommendations for places to eat, and she basically helped us map out our entire trip to Rome. Stay here if you possibly can!!

I'm glad you enjoy your stay and all the helpful tips. I'm sorry that you didn't read when you booked that there is not use of the kitchen, so you wouldn't have been surprise on arrival. A b&b offer you the confort of a bedroom with all the faclities you need and breakfast tha is served to you in a very nice Cafè, with fresh croissant baked daily and amazing Cappuccino

Didi was very kind and welcoming. The location is great- we walked to everything and took the very convenient metro home if we were tired. The room and the neighborhood were refreshingly quiet.The rooftop was lovely in the evening. Didi had great restaurant recommendations, and we enjoyed the cafe in the morning. I would absolutely stay here again.

Didi is probably one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of encountering. She was so incredibly patient while explaining the venues around Rome and different attractions. The room is lovely and all you really need for a nice night in on the cheap. The rooms are gorgeous and only spitting distance from the coliseum, as you can imagine the view is gorgeous. I would highly recommend this fantastic home:)

Thank you so much, you were fun to have around. Glad to have met you.Hope to see you soon.

Our first trip to Rome was made complete with our stay at La Maison de Didi bed and breakfast! Very reasonably priced for a lovely large double room with private (although very small) en suite. Didi was extremely welcoming; gave us a great outline of the City with a map and was regularly available to assist us in anyway! The location was excellent, a 5 min walk to the Colosseum (through a gorgeous little park) and the Roma Termini was a 10 min walk with luggage! It couldnt have been easier!

We loved staying at didi's. Breakfast was served in a cafe around the corner, the croissant and coffe was amazing! Even better was didi as a host, she was our personal guide with a lot of useful tips. We were very pleased with our stay :)

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Great little place, the owner is brilliant, really helpful and knows what she's talking about! Very enjoyable stay!

View all Rome Bed and Breakfasts