Maison de Didi Reviews

Via Ruggero Bonghi 27, Rome, Italy

Nice place, nice room, nice Didi. Large and clean bedroom, good location. Negative point : breakfast. We thought it was in La Maison de Didi, but we had to go to a coffee very close. Also, we had just ONE hot drink and ONE cookie (per person of course ;-))

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

I loved staying with Didi during my first trip to Rome. She made me feel welcome in her B & B, and she gave me great advice on where to eat and what to see while in Rome. The location is perfect; you can see the Colosseum from the rooftop terrace, and you get the most picturesque view of the Colosseum when walking through the nearby park to get there. I stayed in a single room, and I loved how much like home the room made me feel. Didi was wonderful, and I will definitely stay here again!

We had a wonderful time! The breakfast was delicious, and the bed was the comfiest I slept on for the whole trip!

• 15th Apr 2015

Didi was super friendly and helpful when it came to recommendations etc. the B

• 1st Apr 2015

Nice stay, great hospitality. Great option of leaving luggage before check-in and after check-out

I stayed for 3 nights and had a great time, Didi was lovely and although I didn't need it she seemed very happy to help with what to do. One of the best things was breakfast; Didi gave us a coupon to go to the local cafe and get a drink and a pastry. I would recommend staying here!!!

• 12th Mar 2015

If you like to experience Rome, this is the place to be. Didi is wonderful and full of attention, the house is 100 years old, stay away if you look for modern and a cold place. Charming and well decorated, in a residential area, two steps away from the Colosseo. Great cappucino and hot sweet pastry to start the day. Did will also provide you with every immaginable information for your stay. I will be definetely coming back and raccomend this place to friends and family

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Couple, 41+

This hostel was more like staying with a friend! There are only a few rooms which meant that the service was a personal as you can get!

• 28th Feb 2015

Overall, fantastic place to stay! Very central!

• 12th Feb 2015

We felt like in our home during 5 days. Didi's hospitality was really great. When we arrive she explained all details about city and it was useful for us. Hostel's location is perfect near the Colosseum and 15 minute walking to Termini station. Room and bathroom were comfortable and clean but the only thing we couldn't find warm water to take a shower in the morning. Thank you Didi for everthing :)

• 12th Jan 2015
  • Turkey

Dear girls, it has been a pleasure to have as guest, but I don't understand how you stay 5 days and never mention the problem with the hot water, nobody of the other guest had any problem. I think it was only a matter of how you open the tap and the mixer, thegas heater work just fine 24 hours a day. Hope to see you again ana show you :)

It was a pleasure to stay at Didi's, it was clean, comfortable and the service was very nice. Didi helps you in everything you need to know about Rome and the location is excellent! I totally recommend it. Regards:)

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Ran by a very nice and helpful Lady. The breakfast at a Coffee shop very close by is light but with lots of fresh Viennoiserie to choose from. Bed's matress could be softer to be more confortable. Walking distance to Colisee is less than 10 minutes. Metro station at walking distance too. English and Spanish spoken. Nothing to complain about ! Well done

The B&B as well Didi were great! Didi is very helpful and kind person, with great ideas on interesting activities you could have during the stay in Rome. I highly recommend the place, great location (next to Colloseum ;), very well connected to other parts of the city and very nice breakfast in cafe next door. Didi, thank you very much - it was a pleasure to stay at your place :)

All our first impressions with this B&B was over our expectations!! We loved the building from first sight and Didi was an delight from the start, such a genuine caring and true person who lets you into her home. We were more than happy with our room that was very tidy, uncluttered but still really cosy. If you're looking for a nice little place to rest at while you explore Rome, where it's walkable everywhere, and someone like Didi who will give you all information you need, go here! THANKS!

The owner was extremely friendly and helpful with us. The location was great and within walking distance of many important monuments in Rome. Everything was really clean and nice space.

Our stay with Didi was very nice. We were the only guests the first two nights of our stay and then later joined by another young couple. Didi went over a map of Rome with us and gave us various suggestions of things to do/see. Like previous comments before... just be aware that the breakfast is a pastry and a coffee from the cafe down the road. Go early if you want to have any options. The location is great! Bus stop and metro near by. Colosseum only a 5 minute walk! I definitely recommend.

• 5th Nov 2014