Maison Reviews

Via Cavour 15, Florence, Italy

Lack of atmosphere. Students living at the hostel. They were nice but I wanted to meet travelers. Also, the guy was supposed to be there at 9am, didn't show up until after 1030am. On my first night I got bug bites. There are no individual lockers to store belongings but he does have a main storage. However if he doesn't show up when he's supposed to I wouldnt leave my stuff stored there, you run the risk of not getting it when you need it. The only good thing about this place for me was location

It's just for spending a night. It has not have lockers. But it is really close to everything.

The staff member was friendly enough but I didn't see him around much. There were no lockers and the whole place looked sad. The kitchen smelled bad and there are only two toilets. After checking out I found bug bites on my arms (I only wore short sleeves to bed, so it had to have come from the hostel.) the Wi-Fi was so weak that standing next to the router it barely registered. Only stay here if you have no other choice.

This hostel is right in the middle of Florence, down the road from the Duomo and everything else. A 10 minute walk from the train station which was great. Yuri was really nice and friendly at reception and gave us a great explanation of the best places to go, see and eat. The wifi always worked in the rooms and everything was always clean. Would definitely recommend. Thank you!

Really enjoyed our stay and the guy at reception was really helpful, downside is there are heaps of stairs to climb which was really difficult with our backpacks. But the location is great, right in the centre!

The best part about this hostel was the location; right next to the duomo, we could easily walk anywhere from it. Great price too; you really can't find anything so centrally located for such a low price. The hostel itself was pretty dingy; also not the greatest feeling of security- our door didn't even have a door knob on it. My biggest problem with this hostel was how infrequently I saw the staff. They didn't seem to have a consistent schedule. Overall, pretty good experience