Makako Chill Out Hostel Reviews

Calle Quero # 9 54, Cartagena, Colombia

It was fine, but there was no atmosphere and the Staff couldn't keep track of who was there so they asked me multiple times who I was and what I was doing there which doesn't really make you feel welcome.

It is a lovely chill out place in the center of Cartagena. There are two big supermarkets located nearly and the staff is really helpful. In addition is a clean hostel with a nice terrace and space to relax. You can meet chilled travelers from all over the world. Last but not least the WiFi works really fine.

It was a good stay overall. However some facilities, such as towel, soap in the toilet and electric curcuits in the room Was missing. The atmosphere was good with hammocks and balconies to hang out. Locations was alsa great both for the old city and getsamani.

We stayed in a ten bed dorm and when we arrived there was stuff all over our beds and the sheets didn't look clean. We were assured they were but I slept in my sleeping bag liner none the less. The place had a general unpleasant smell too. The lockers were in the common area and were so tiny it was hard to fit anything in there. The location was great, easy to walk to everywhere.

Disappointed. The rooms are real dingy and run down plus the bathrooms are gross. No toilet seat on the toilet, no lockers - just little cubbies when you walk in to keep small items. The saving grace is the common room & balcony which is nice and apparently the only room they keep maintained. Staff was friendly however not everyone spoke English & they were the ones being loud at night! Room was overpriced to begin with & like other reviewers, charged 10,000 COP more per night than I should've.

Way too expensive for what you get. The only good thing is the location. Really hard to use the kitchen because that is also the baggage storage. We decided to book a tour to Playa Blanca to make it easier but that turned out to be a complete waste of money and really chaotic and disorganized. The lady almost didn't give us our ticket and without anything written on it, which made it hard to convince people that we paid for lunch. Highly recommend to stay elsewhere.

Helpful staff but quite expensive for what you're getting. Close to good restaurants and walking distance to most places you would want to go

Nice staff, speaks English will help you out as best they can. Functional clean rooms. Did not like no breakfast, slow wifi, quiet hours not enforced, expensive for what it is.

Great location in the old town and close to a big supermarket, which is handy. It was a really nice little balcony where you can sit and watch life go by as well. Decent kitchen, bit small for the amount of people but if you manage to cook early / late when there aren't many people around then you're fine. I found the air con was set too cold, but then I always find this so maybe it is just me.

Hostel in the center, helpful staff. I saw in others reviews that guests wrote there is dirty. I don't agree. Staff cleans and washes floors every day. Maybe they start after this bad reviews.

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Poland

Great place to meet friends to travel with

• 22nd Jan 2015

I found out I paid more than others in the room I stayed; I paid 45200 pesos/ night, but the others paid between 30000 and 35000. when I asked the staff the reason, she told me it is because I booked through this website. She said if guests come directly and ask discount, then that's how they get discount. When I complained of this, she promised this issue would be solved the next day, but it was not solved.She didn't work the next day, another staff member said it was not her decision n can't

• 19th Jan 2015

This place is alright for a hostel, but compared to what I have seen in Colombia so far its kind of poor especially for this price. I stayed at hostel for half of the price which were way more nicer. As I said its alright but no worth 35.000 peso a night for sure.

The beds are horrible and it was very dirty (rooms / bathroom)

Hostel has a great service, personal are very kind. It's location is very convenient so you can take a walk around and go outside the wall town easily.

Great staff and location but the place is very dirty. I guess if you are looking for a nice party spot with good staff this will do but I just wish it was a bit cleaner.

Excellent place, the staff is very nice and they are very helpful.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Colombia

Hostel with great staff, however, the facilities could be a little better. Bedsheets were torn/had holes in them and the hostel seemed a little shabbier than the others I've been in. Great location though, super close to a great square with lots of cafes and bars.

Great experience. It's location isn't amazing, because it is not in Getsemani, but not bad in Centro. This is the friendliest hostel I stayed in. For example, my stay for the previous night ended, and they let me leave my bag there all night while I was out and about. When I returned at 3am, the hostel worker was incredibly friendly. We hung for a while, and she offered a hammock if I wanted to rent it to crash. I was looking to leave early the morning, and she helped me get a bus that I needed.

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayd at! Are you looking for a crazy party hostel this isn't it, hens the name chill out. The staff is so amazing! They are super helpful and It feels like I'm leaving my family in makako. I can't complain on anything.

• 22nd Dec 2014