Makako Chill Out Hostel

8.5
Fabulous 1514 Total Reviews

• Belgium, Male, 31-40
21st Sep 2017

I loved my stay here. It was really chill and i made great friends. The girls at the reception yakeline and eliana and jennifer the cleaning girl are really great, they are sweet and always try to help you with everything.. I would definitely come back here.

• Camilo15
  • Colombia, Male, 25-30
18th Sep 2017

I don't typically write reviews, but this one is more than deserved. I cannot thank enough the staff at Makako after my 4-day stay at the hostel. I was greeted as if I was part of a family and had no issues whatsoever during my stay. The ladies that work there are always making sure that the hostel is clean and that the guests are comfortable and happy. I would also like to give Yakelin a special recognition for helping me with my accommodations when I arrived to the hostel, she's amazing!

• England, Male, 25-30
17th Sep 2017

Hostel is kept immaculately clean, beds are comfortable and the staff are all quite helpful and friendly. Defiantly a good hostel to meet people and socialise although at the same time is defiantly not a party hostel. One nice touch is that the communal area is always kept air conditioned and has lots of comfortable lounges and seating which means you always have a escape from the busy humid city should you need it. Over good value for money in a great location. Thanks

• England, Couple, 25-30
16th Sep 2017

Social and enjoyable hostel to stay in. In a very nice area only minutes walk from the centre and a supermarket. Staff were helpful. Aircon in the rooms was very appreciated! Couldn't look the door to your dorm though and the Rosario tour they recommended was a bit pricey for what you got. Good common area and met lots of nice people. Clean and good bathrooms. Would stay again.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
16th Sep 2017
6.0

Hi, I don't usually ever leave a review for a hostel but I just found this hostel so frustrating I can't let it slide. The staff failed to return part of my laundry, took everything you left in the bathroom, kitchen and lounge even for 5 mins away out the back. My charger was stolen. About 10 people during my stay asked to book a room and then told the following day to leave. They never have enough money for your change for anything you buy and ask if it's ok to give you less every time.No bueno

Obviously and sadly , You are talking about another hostel . We NEVER asked 10 people to leave the hostel after booking. This is just impossible. And we are not making laundry , because there is a laundry service near the hostel and we send our guests there when they need to do they laundry . So next time please check before reviewing. We are shure your review is not for makako. Best regards.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
15th Sep 2017

It was the best hostel here in Cartagena. You defenitly need to check it out! Super friendly stuff, AC in the living room and dorms, cheap beer, good location, good and cheap restaurants in the near ... the list goes on and on. Just stay here when you are in Cartagena ;)

10th Sep 2017

All the staff were very nice and helpful.

9th Sep 2017

I was so pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hostel, especially the cleanliness of all areas and the attention to always having a place cool with AC for comfort! All the staff were so friendly and helpful, especially Yakelin and Eliana for which I will have to return to see again because they were so wonderful and full of conversation, advice and always working to keep the hostel at its best!! Thank you so much for a wonderful stay and see you again as soon as possible.

• England, Female, 25-30
5th Sep 2017

Very laid back hostel, pristine & super friendly staff

• Scotland, Male, 25-30
31st Aug 2017

Nicest staff you could ever meet, take you under their wing for your stay and make sure you have everything you need. Air con is a must in Cartagena and it works great at makako. They also gave us many cocktails on our Friday there. Thanks for a fantastic stay!

×