Makako Chill Out Hostel Reviews

Calle Quero # 9 54, Cartagena, Colombia

Very good hostel, nice location, yakelin of the reception is very nice and likes to help you with any problems you might have. Better book in advance, it is often full

nice hostel in cartagena with friendly staff. perfectly located in the historic center, supermarket and everything needed very close! pleasant atmosphere since the hostel is not that huge. cooking possibilities also available. the only thing to criticize was the missing air conditioner in our room, apart from that I can recommend the Makako Chill Out without restrictions.

Amazing staff, beautiful hostel! The beds were comfortable and the rooms allowed you to escape the heat. I was only going to stay one night but ended up staying one more. The staff was very caring and helpful!

• 22nd Jun 2015

The staff here are so lovely! Even though my Spanish is awful they didn't shy away from being friendly. This is certainly a very chilled out hostel, I could come and go without needing to be let in or out. God location in Old Town, everything you want is close by. Facilities are clean basic essentials (hot showers were certainly NOT needed here) plenty of fans supplied for those warm balmy nights!

The staff is so sweet here -always welcoming, helped me when the hostel was full, and dealt with my general traveler's shenanigans. Music's always playing here, and there's a relaxed vibe that I really like. Great location for wandering around too

The hostel was good. It had everything I asked for. More fans could have been used to get rid of the stuffiness. The staff was excellent and nice. Overall, I enjoyed my 6 days there

I stayed at this hostel a few weeks back and was super impressed with it. Taty and Yaki the two girls that worked there were amazing, super friendly and really helpful. Now Taty has gone, the atmosphere is changed and I would not recommend staying here any more. Aircon not allowed on during the day, when it's hottest....when it cools down at night however, you can use it....??? Not as clean as before, the chilled out atmosphere has turned a bit party. Really big shame !!!!!

When we got to the Hostel, they made us pay our three nights stay in advance and did not let us see the rooms before. There were a lot of mold in the rooms and there was NO water (the toilets were full with *****), we could not even wash our hands. When we left the next day in the morning, we complained about my friends astma and that we could not stay in a room with mold. We did not get any money back, so we ve already paid two more nights for nothing.

It was a great experience . A clean and nice place , good location and very relaxed atmosphere. Very confy beds and room. Thanks for everything.

• 15th May 2015

Great staff and location but poor facilities. Cartagena is a place where air conditioning is an absolute must, although advertised the hostel only had one air fan per room

• 13th May 2015

Besides one dorm all the other rooms are with air con. Soon that room will be equiped with air con, too . Thanks for coming

There is not enough security. Only tiny little boxes by the front desk for phones. I was traveling with my laptop and had nowhere to store it.

Besides the lockers we have next to reception we also have bigger lockers for your backpacks , laptops etc. Please, ask at the reception .

Clean, extremely friendly staff always helping you by giving you city information. sadly i had to continue my road to another city , I couldn´t bring myself to leave makako. The best location . Home away from home. Thanks to jacky and the rest of the staff including ownwer. Highly recomended.

A good hostel.

friendly staff and they had a box to save your value things.

Certainly lived up to its name, a respite from the heat of Cartagena. Loved the hammocks. They just need some ceramic mugs and upgrade the kitchen facilities.

Excellent place. great location and staff. I´ll be back . Thanks for everithng!

Very nice place ans staff. Always helping you with verithing you need. very safe an cool location.

The location is great! The staff are very friendly and helpful, most only speak Spanish but they were still very helpful and helped me book tours and figure out my onward travel plans. The rooms are simple and clean, that's all you really need. Overall it was a very lovely stay here.

• 12th Apr 2015

One of the best hostels i´ve ever been in South America. great staff and clean. the best location in a beautiful street full of colonial bolconies. Very safe!

I experienced a big bed bucks problem in my room (5person dorm). I killed 3 in my bed. I was bitten more than 200 times. The staff moved me to another room, which was supposed to be bed bucks free, but I also got bitten there, maybe because they were already in my cloths, maybe the room also had them. Due to that I had additional costs of 12 dollars in washing and drying all of my cloths. They have to spray the room thoroughly. Otherwise they wont get rid of them. There is a whole army.

There´s no bugs problem here and never was. And we inmediatly were working for solutions just in case. At the end we noticed that you brought them in your backpack maybe form tayrona or any beach you visited before. No one else after you here had that problem and heveryone seems to be happy. Anyway we are sorry for your personal inconvinient. and if anyone else suffered because of your back pack problem. The hostel is in perfect conditions and the reviews can say it. Thanks for coming.

« first « Prev 1 2 3