Makako Chill Out Hostel Reviews

Calle Quero # 9 54, Cartagena, Colombia

I pay and had an assurance to cancel, and when known that the hotel had a problem with the electricity I asked to cancel and taken another hostel but they didn't accept very bad staff!

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Portugal

nice place, staff is great, ac in the dorms

The only thing I´d add is a microwave.

This hostel was fine if you need one cheap night in the old town, but nothing more. We stayed in the 5 bed dorm, which was actually just a 4 bed dorm with an extra wedged in where the bags were supposed to go. No air con, just useless standing fans and a hole in the wall window - at 100% humidity, this sucks. My bed had a pissy smell and everything felt damp. The common areas were dingy and dank. The staff were friendly enough, but we were told at check-in that they locked the doors at 10pm!

We chose this hostel as a quick stop for a sleep before heading to the airport in the early morning, for this it served its purpose but I would never recommend it. Shower and toilets were dirty, fixtures likes door handles were broken and the dorms smelt of mould and generally unpleasant. I don't expect much for a cheap hostel but this is way below average for the area.

We weren't impressed with this hostel, the staff were lovely which helped but it's tatty and very basic - the kitchen wasn't very well equipped and messy so we didn't even bother cooking there. The beds were comfy and good air-con at night but only 2 toilet/showers in the whole place so when someone had a shower there was a queue just to use the toilet which was annoying. The atmosphere was pretty flat and it wasn't the nicest place to hang out during the day. There are better hostels in town.

Great location and very friendly staff, but dirty kitchen and bathrooms and really really tight dorms. Definitely a chill hostel like the name.

The staff at this hostel were great. Very motivated, kind and helpful. The hostel itself was also quite good value (especially here where everything is pricey) for money and located right in the heart of the old town. Areas for improvement would be more regular cleaning of bathrooms and perhaps more information available for travellers.

Quite nice and relaxing place to stay and very central in the city. I think it's hard to find a more friendly, nice and helpful staff then in this place. Mi amor, thanks for the beautiful stay.

We had a great stay at Makako. The staff are very friendly and made us feel at home. There's a great big chill area and balcony overlooking the quaint streets. Good kitchen, lacking a couple of utensils. A cup of strong free coffee everyday made up for it. Only suggestion I'd make is an extra public computer would go a long way. Overall strongly recommended.

Very good hostel, nice location, yakelin of the reception is very nice and likes to help you with any problems you might have. Better book in advance, it is often full

If this place would offer breakfast, lunch and dinner....you would never go out!!! Staff is amazing, like family and the hostel is nicely laid back with a spacious community area and hidden places on the balcony in front and hammocks in the back! Definitely recommend it.

The staff was so nice, I can't remember the specific girl's name who worked at the desk, but she helped us with everything. Maybe Stephanie? The only issue we had, was that we used the lockers by the front desk, and someone had broken into my friend's locker overnight, and they stole all of her cash. She had a combination lock, so someone must have been there for a while trying to figure it out. The rest was great, they were helpful with directions, helping us, and keeping our bags till we left.

nice hostel in cartagena with friendly staff. perfectly located in the historic center, supermarket and everything needed very close! pleasant atmosphere since the hostel is not that huge. cooking possibilities also available. the only thing to criticize was the missing air conditioner in our room, apart from that I can recommend the Makako Chill Out without restrictions.

Amazing staff, beautiful hostel! The beds were comfortable and the rooms allowed you to escape the heat. I was only going to stay one night but ended up staying one more. The staff was very caring and helpful!

• 22nd Jun 2015

The staff here are so lovely! Even though my Spanish is awful they didn't shy away from being friendly. This is certainly a very chilled out hostel, I could come and go without needing to be let in or out. God location in Old Town, everything you want is close by. Facilities are clean basic essentials (hot showers were certainly NOT needed here) plenty of fans supplied for those warm balmy nights!

The staff is so sweet here -always welcoming, helped me when the hostel was full, and dealt with my general traveler's shenanigans. Music's always playing here, and there's a relaxed vibe that I really like. Great location for wandering around too

The hostel was good. It had everything I asked for. More fans could have been used to get rid of the stuffiness. The staff was excellent and nice. Overall, I enjoyed my 6 days there

I stayed at this hostel a few weeks back and was super impressed with it. Taty and Yaki the two girls that worked there were amazing, super friendly and really helpful. Now Taty has gone, the atmosphere is changed and I would not recommend staying here any more. Aircon not allowed on during the day, when it's hottest....when it cools down at night however, you can use it....??? Not as clean as before, the chilled out atmosphere has turned a bit party. Really big shame !!!!!

When we got to the Hostel, they made us pay our three nights stay in advance and did not let us see the rooms before. There were a lot of mold in the rooms and there was NO water (the toilets were full with *****), we could not even wash our hands. When we left the next day in the morning, we complained about my friends astma and that we could not stay in a room with mold. We did not get any money back, so we ve already paid two more nights for nothing.

« first « Prev 1 2 3