Makako Chill Out Hostel Reviews

Calle Quero # 9 54, Cartagena, Colombia

I stayed at this hostel a few weeks back and was super impressed with it. Taty and Yaki the two girls that worked there were amazing, super friendly and really helpful. Now Taty has gone, the atmosphere is changed and I would not recommend staying here any more. Aircon not allowed on during the day, when it's hottest....when it cools down at night however, you can use it....??? Not as clean as before, the chilled out atmosphere has turned a bit party. Really big shame !!!!!

Great staff and location but poor facilities. Cartagena is a place where air conditioning is an absolute must, although advertised the hostel only had one air fan per room

• 13th May 2015

Besides one dorm all the other rooms are with air con. Soon that room will be equiped with air con, too . Thanks for coming

There is not enough security. Only tiny little boxes by the front desk for phones. I was traveling with my laptop and had nowhere to store it.

Besides the lockers we have next to reception we also have bigger lockers for your backpacks , laptops etc. Please, ask at the reception .

Clean, extremely friendly staff always helping you by giving you city information. sadly i had to continue my road to another city , I couldn´t bring myself to leave makako. The best location . Home away from home. Thanks to jacky and the rest of the staff including ownwer. Highly recomended.

A good hostel.

friendly staff and they had a box to save your value things.

Certainly lived up to its name, a respite from the heat of Cartagena. Loved the hammocks. They just need some ceramic mugs and upgrade the kitchen facilities.

Excellent place. great location and staff. I´ll be back . Thanks for everithng!

Very nice place ans staff. Always helping you with verithing you need. very safe an cool location.

The location is great! The staff are very friendly and helpful, most only speak Spanish but they were still very helpful and helped me book tours and figure out my onward travel plans. The rooms are simple and clean, that's all you really need. Overall it was a very lovely stay here.

• 12th Apr 2015

One of the best hostels i´ve ever been in South America. great staff and clean. the best location in a beautiful street full of colonial bolconies. Very safe!

I experienced a big bed bucks problem in my room (5person dorm). I killed 3 in my bed. I was bitten more than 200 times. The staff moved me to another room, which was supposed to be bed bucks free, but I also got bitten there, maybe because they were already in my cloths, maybe the room also had them. Due to that I had additional costs of 12 dollars in washing and drying all of my cloths. They have to spray the room thoroughly. Otherwise they wont get rid of them. There is a whole army.

There´s no bugs problem here and never was. And we inmediatly were working for solutions just in case. At the end we noticed that you brought them in your backpack maybe form tayrona or any beach you visited before. No one else after you here had that problem and heveryone seems to be happy. Anyway we are sorry for your personal inconvinient. and if anyone else suffered because of your back pack problem. The hostel is in perfect conditions and the reviews can say it. Thanks for coming.

It is a good, friendly place. Just good vibe with good music and authentic and very helpful Staff. The Staff is the hostel's biggest asset, no question about that. They could do a bit more about cleaning but when I mentioned this to the Staff it got better right away. Overall, a very friendly begining of a beautiful journey to be :). Thanks :)

Wonderful place to stay in Old town Cartagena! Value the money! Very friendly staff. I souls highly recommend the hostel for a few a few nice and easy stay in Cartagena!

• 1st Apr 2015

Helpful staff and good location in the Old City but completely lacking in atmosphere. They've got a great building and a lot of common space that is really not put to good use, so there really isn't a communal vibe where people can hang out. Kitchen is a bit grimy.

Apart from not having many bathrooms, this hostel was definitely one of the nicest I've been too. Loved the atmosphere and the people there, all really cool! :) Gracias a las chicas de la recepción para hacerme unas vacaciones inolvidables! :*

• 29th Mar 2015

Great hostel for the price. Super friendly and trustworthy staff. Cleanliness depends on people sharing room. Rooms & bathrooms were cleaned VERY WELL on the daily bases. We stayed in 10 bed mixed w/ air cond & bathroom inside. It was packed during most of our stay. I had reservations about booking this hostel after reading prior reviews on bathroom availability, but no complaints to report - they were available when needed. Lockers are tiny/oddly sized. A small notebook/tablet would not fit.

Staff should be more involved had to wait around all day for a ticket only to be told they were not coming until later that night wasted my day thanks for that

No big lockers - only tiny lockers in the common area that can hardly fit an iPad. Doors could not lock either and anyone could walk through the gate. So security is a major issue. Kitchen facilities were pretty good. Location was perfect, very close to a nice little square. Very little space in the dorm, but a well working big fan.

Great location, dirty kitchen with not enough supplies, could use new sheets, but for the price and location a good choice in Cartagena

« first « Prev 1 2 3