Makako Chill Out Hostel Reviews

Calle Quero # 9 54, Cartagena, Colombia

Great hostel with a friendly sociable atmosphere. Bibi (lovely colombian lady who worked there) was amazingly welcoming and always smiling. Cheers for a great time

• 10th Apr 2014

Loved the fact they have air con. in the living room which is a plus when gets hot in Cartagena . Perfect located in cartagena´s safest area into old town . Balconies are amazing and also hammocks. I had a confy bed . friendly staff, some Aesthetics boys at reception! hahaha!. Thanks guys for making me feel like home.

Very cool space, low key and friendly. I came for those hammocks, and I used them well. :) There is no secure place to leave your luggage if you want to explore after checking out, but employees (very friendly) sit in the front area almost constantly and will watch it for you there. And one of those employees is pretty nice to look at, lol.

hostel is well located in the walled city, however only 2 showers for the whole hostel which only 1 worked so queues for showers. kitchen was messy and never looked clean enough to cook in so i didnot. no air con but plenty of fans. some staff more friendly than others.

Aparently you didn´t walk around the hostel enough to notice that there are 3 bathrooms and showers (not only one ) all of them work very well. Sorry about the kitchen but normally it is very clean , many thanks for coming.

the place was dirty and the staff could not provide necessary advice

• 18th Mar 2014
  • Lithuania

well located hostel, situated near Torre del Rejoj. Cartagena is quite small anyways... Easy to meet people...people relax and hang out in the sala. Room quite small for 10 beds, jamed with lots of bags. There are small lockers for free if you bring your own locker to guard your passport and money. only one computer for guests, but it goes pretty well.

We were welcomed by the very friendly staff. This hostel is in a great location in the old town. I really enjoyed sitting on the balcony looking out onto the cobbled streets. Rooms were basic but had plenty of fans making it very cool, a must in hot Cartagena. In all a friendly small hostel, and great place to chill out in Cartagena.

Great location hostel. Nice guy Alex there was very helpful. Great common area and balcony. Nice kebab shop on the corner. Would recommend

Great location if you want to be on the quieter side of town. This is perfectly situated for numerous great restaurants but on a quiet residential street. Clean dorms good social space, large kitchen. Staff really helpful. Woukd definitely recommend.

Nice hostel, at really good location. Not the prime location, but still really good location. Close to all the important things. Everything is close. Staff is really nice, friendly and helpfull. Specally Vivi. Maybe a little bit of lack of toiletts/shower.

This hostel had a good vibe and Viviana is the most friendly and helpful person you'll meet at a hostel. I'd come here again just to see her!

Very nice hostel, perfect location in the walled historic town, could not be better to visit all the main sights. The staff is very nice and welcoming, always ready to help for anything. Special thanks to Vivi for everything!

I stayed at Makako for four nights and it was a great hostel. The staff was amazing, nice, and ready to help at any moment. This is not a párty hostel, but it is close to media luna (a few minute walk), so it is still easy to rest at night away from the bumping music at media luna. I would stay here again on my next trip to Cartagena easily. Gracias!

Really nice hostel. I especially liked the very open atmosphere! Keep it up!

Perfect if you're after a quiet hostel where people are friendly but you can still sleep comfortably/quietly. Only 2 bathrooms for about 25 guests but i didn't have any problems, they're cleaned twice a day. My only complaint is after booking online for 2 nights I wanted to stay till the end of the week and they would only confirm a day in advance, even though i was willing to pay up front. It worked out until they told me on my last night I could stay then later I had to move.

Stayed in 10-bed dorm, traveling alone. Had a really nice stay here. Absolutely recommend staying here. Not a party hostel, but usually a nice crowd that sits outside on the balcony chatting and having a beer together.

The hostel is very well recommend, good location from the Walled city, supermaket near the hostel, near the port, you can just go anywhere from there. The staff was very attencious to the guests, Viviana the main staff is very kindly and ready to helps us in everything we need. I definety reccomend.

• 3rd Feb 2014

Really enjoyed spending time in this hostel, the staff are fantastic and very welcoming, especially vivianne. I returned to this hotel for a second time. There was a really good crowd in this hostel creating a brilliant hostel, as the name suggests this is a place you can chill out but also one where you can have a great deal of fun. Definitely recommend this hostel

I booked a room for one night through HostelWorld but when I asked at the hostel the next day to stay for 5 more nights they wanted to charge me double the price........ so I left and found a much better hostel.

Very good hostel, well located in the historical town center, closed to restaurants, supermarket and transport links, with very good communal areas. Viviane and Jenny are lovely and they make sure you enjoy your stay in Cartagena! There is just a few dorms so it's not a big backpackers' machine and it creates a nice atmosphere. Just make sure you take a room with air con as it can be very hot here!

« first « Prev 1 2 3