Makako Chill Out Hostel Reviews

Calle Quero # 9 54, Cartagena, Colombia

one of the best hostels i've been in. the hostel is set in beautiful colonial house. we had a beautiful double private room with dark wood furniture and window. the staff was very friendly and helpful. the atmosphere amazing--common areas have huge balconies. great value for money! great place to meet new people but also very quiet at night.

I booked for 4 Nights but had to change the date because we couldn't make it. I emailed them and I was told that there will be no problem. So when we finally arrived they have given our rooms to other guests and we had to find another hostel. The staff was so unfriendly even before we complained an they were acting with such an arrogance. The point is that the email goes to the hostel manager who is kind of nice. But she is not in cartagena and the girls at the hostel don't run the place proper

Great staff. Really friendly and very helpful

Great location, great staff and good size for a hostel. its not crowded but you will meet other travellers. Free coffee! Lenny and Wilma are the best :)

everything was perfect, very clean and great atmosphere lennys Vilma makes us feel at home organized very attentive recommend this hostel

very good hostel, too placid and very good atmosphere. I recommend it anyway. Agradesco lenis and Vilma are the best (

Hy there , I can say the hostel is excellent in all the ways . Super good atmosphere . The people who work here is super nice and the Vilma coffe at the morning is great y the Lenis receptionist super sweet . I highly recommend it !!!

Las muchachas del Makako son muy amables y hospedosas. Bien ubicado y bien precio.

• 28th Oct 2015

It was perfect! I was very comfortable while there, and always felt welcome. I am especially thankful that Vilma took the time to walk me around town and show me the places I was looking for. All the staff what incredibly helpful and nice, but Vilma really made me feel at home.

• 20th Oct 2015
  • Colombia

Really friendly staff very welcoming and good location in the old city for a good price. We stayed in the 10 bed dorm and that was quite small, our bunk was right in the way of the toilet and the overall atmosphere of the hostel wasn't as good as their sister hostel The chillhouse; which is just down the road for the same price and with the same fantastic staff, but with slightly better dorms and vibe.

Lovely and helpful staff! Free colombian coffee was tasty :) good locación.

I had a great time at Makako. As a female traveller i feel very safe and spoiled in here. Lenis and the crew of girls were the nicest staff ever, the location is exelent and they do their best to give you the right information about the city and surrounding areas to visit. Handsome owner by the way. Hahaha!

We had a great experience here . Very good athmosphere . the location the cleanliness and the staff were excelent. The hostel is nearby the most important and historic places and surrounded by bars , restaurants and supermarkets. Nice place highly recomended.

Really one of the best places i´ve been in south america. i´ve been here for 10 days now . The cleanliness . how kind te staff is , the location , the sourrounding areas, the price and how warm and safe this place is makes it a confy home away from home. So it is UNFAIR that because an energy problem some houses in the area had ONE NIGHT (which was not their fault, out of their hands . A situation that could happen anywhere) People can complain about this hostel. and this. beautiful staff

I stayed here in 3 trips through Cartagena and each time the staff were so warm and welcoming. I would definitely come back again.

We (along with many other guests) had terrible experience here. There was no electricity for 2 days and the rooms were designed with no ventilation. Nobody could sleep in that extreme heat and everybody was upset in the morning. The staff did their best to help us but they can't do anything a since the owner has all the control but she was not responsive to trouble shoot the problems. We couldn't cancel, they couldn't refund our money, and it's impossible to stay in that heat. Not recommended!

very friendly staff (but communication in english is difficult), only 3 toilets for the whole hostel, very warm and humid because the air condition wasn't working very well. I

Nice Quiet and relaxing hostel. Ideal location, felt very safe there. Owner is nicest person ever.

A great spot within the walled city. Not much English is spoken by the staff if that's a necessity for you!

The staff here are very warm and welcoming and are always up for a chat, as long as your Spanish is up to par. Rooms were quite basic as you would expect for a low cost hostel. Lockers were available and in sight of the reception desk. Location was perfect within the walled city! Plus free coffee in the morning.

« first « Prev 1 2 3