Makako Chill Out Hostel Reviews

Calle Quero # 9 54, Cartagena, Colombia

Excellent place. great location and staff. I´ll be back . Thanks for everithng!

Very nice place ans staff. Always helping you with verithing you need. very safe an cool location.

The location is great! The staff are very friendly and helpful, most only speak Spanish but they were still very helpful and helped me book tours and figure out my onward travel plans. The rooms are simple and clean, that's all you really need. Overall it was a very lovely stay here.

• 12th Apr 2015

One of the best hostels i´ve ever been in South America. great staff and clean. the best location in a beautiful street full of colonial bolconies. Very safe!

I experienced a big bed bucks problem in my room (5person dorm). I killed 3 in my bed. I was bitten more than 200 times. The staff moved me to another room, which was supposed to be bed bucks free, but I also got bitten there, maybe because they were already in my cloths, maybe the room also had them. Due to that I had additional costs of 12 dollars in washing and drying all of my cloths. They have to spray the room thoroughly. Otherwise they wont get rid of them. There is a whole army.

There´s no bugs problem here and never was. And we inmediatly were working for solutions just in case. At the end we noticed that you brought them in your backpack maybe form tayrona or any beach you visited before. No one else after you here had that problem and heveryone seems to be happy. Anyway we are sorry for your personal inconvinient. and if anyone else suffered because of your back pack problem. The hostel is in perfect conditions and the reviews can say it. Thanks for coming.

It is a good, friendly place. Just good vibe with good music and authentic and very helpful Staff. The Staff is the hostel's biggest asset, no question about that. They could do a bit more about cleaning but when I mentioned this to the Staff it got better right away. Overall, a very friendly begining of a beautiful journey to be :). Thanks :)

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Poland

Wonderful place to stay in Old town Cartagena! Value the money! Very friendly staff. I souls highly recommend the hostel for a few a few nice and easy stay in Cartagena!

• 1st Apr 2015

Helpful staff and good location in the Old City but completely lacking in atmosphere. They've got a great building and a lot of common space that is really not put to good use, so there really isn't a communal vibe where people can hang out. Kitchen is a bit grimy.

Apart from not having many bathrooms, this hostel was definitely one of the nicest I've been too. Loved the atmosphere and the people there, all really cool! :) Gracias a las chicas de la recepción para hacerme unas vacaciones inolvidables! :*

• 29th Mar 2015

Staff should be more involved had to wait around all day for a ticket only to be told they were not coming until later that night wasted my day thanks for that

No big lockers - only tiny lockers in the common area that can hardly fit an iPad. Doors could not lock either and anyone could walk through the gate. So security is a major issue. Kitchen facilities were pretty good. Location was perfect, very close to a nice little square. Very little space in the dorm, but a well working big fan.

Great location, dirty kitchen with not enough supplies, could use new sheets, but for the price and location a good choice in Cartagena

Very friendly staff and great location with nice balconies to hang out at night

• 16th Mar 2015

My stay at Makako Chill Hostel was awesome. The staff is extremely helpful and are willing to assist you with all your needs. The Bathrooms and rooms are cleaned daily allowing for a clean environment. The location is dead center in the Centro Historico and minutes away from the party district and a supermarket only a block away. I have no complaints. There is wifi and access to a computer here. If your a simple traveler like myself, you have nothing to worry about.

• 15th Mar 2015

It was fine, but there was no atmosphere and the Staff couldn't keep track of who was there so they asked me multiple times who I was and what I was doing there which doesn't really make you feel welcome.

It is a lovely chill out place in the center of Cartagena. There are two big supermarkets located nearly and the staff is really helpful. In addition is a clean hostel with a nice terrace and space to relax. You can meet chilled travelers from all over the world. Last but not least the WiFi works really fine.

It was a good stay overall. However some facilities, such as towel, soap in the toilet and electric curcuits in the room Was missing. The atmosphere was good with hammocks and balconies to hang out. Locations was alsa great both for the old city and getsamani.

We stayed in a ten bed dorm and when we arrived there was stuff all over our beds and the sheets didn't look clean. We were assured they were but I slept in my sleeping bag liner none the less. The place had a general unpleasant smell too. The lockers were in the common area and were so tiny it was hard to fit anything in there. The location was great, easy to walk to everywhere.

Disappointed. The rooms are real dingy and run down plus the bathrooms are gross. No toilet seat on the toilet, no lockers - just little cubbies when you walk in to keep small items. The saving grace is the common room & balcony which is nice and apparently the only room they keep maintained. Staff was friendly however not everyone spoke English & they were the ones being loud at night! Room was overpriced to begin with & like other reviewers, charged 10,000 COP more per night than I should've.

Way too expensive for what you get. The only good thing is the location. Really hard to use the kitchen because that is also the baggage storage. We decided to book a tour to Playa Blanca to make it easier but that turned out to be a complete waste of money and really chaotic and disorganized. The lady almost didn't give us our ticket and without anything written on it, which made it hard to convince people that we paid for lunch. Highly recommend to stay elsewhere.

« first « Prev 1 2 3