Makako Chill Out Hostel Reviews

Calle Quero # 9 54, Cartagena, Colombia

Helpful staff but quite expensive for what you're getting. Close to good restaurants and walking distance to most places you would want to go

Nice staff, speaks English will help you out as best they can. Functional clean rooms. Did not like no breakfast, slow wifi, quiet hours not enforced, expensive for what it is.

Great location in the old town and close to a big supermarket, which is handy. It was a really nice little balcony where you can sit and watch life go by as well. Decent kitchen, bit small for the amount of people but if you manage to cook early / late when there aren't many people around then you're fine. I found the air con was set too cold, but then I always find this so maybe it is just me.

Hostel in the center, helpful staff. I saw in others reviews that guests wrote there is dirty. I don't agree. Staff cleans and washes floors every day. Maybe they start after this bad reviews.

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Poland

Great place to meet friends to travel with

• 22nd Jan 2015

I found out I paid more than others in the room I stayed; I paid 45200 pesos/ night, but the others paid between 30000 and 35000. when I asked the staff the reason, she told me it is because I booked through this website. She said if guests come directly and ask discount, then that's how they get discount. When I complained of this, she promised this issue would be solved the next day, but it was not solved.She didn't work the next day, another staff member said it was not her decision n can't

• 19th Jan 2015

This place is alright for a hostel, but compared to what I have seen in Colombia so far its kind of poor especially for this price. I stayed at hostel for half of the price which were way more nicer. As I said its alright but no worth 35.000 peso a night for sure.

The beds are horrible and it was very dirty (rooms / bathroom)

Hostel has a great service, personal are very kind. It's location is very convenient so you can take a walk around and go outside the wall town easily.

Great staff and location but the place is very dirty. I guess if you are looking for a nice party spot with good staff this will do but I just wish it was a bit cleaner.

Excellent place, the staff is very nice and they are very helpful.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Colombia

Hostel with great staff, however, the facilities could be a little better. Bedsheets were torn/had holes in them and the hostel seemed a little shabbier than the others I've been in. Great location though, super close to a great square with lots of cafes and bars.

Great experience. It's location isn't amazing, because it is not in Getsemani, but not bad in Centro. This is the friendliest hostel I stayed in. For example, my stay for the previous night ended, and they let me leave my bag there all night while I was out and about. When I returned at 3am, the hostel worker was incredibly friendly. We hung for a while, and she offered a hammock if I wanted to rent it to crash. I was looking to leave early the morning, and she helped me get a bus that I needed.

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayd at! Are you looking for a crazy party hostel this isn't it, hens the name chill out. The staff is so amazing! They are super helpful and It feels like I'm leaving my family in makako. I can't complain on anything.

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Sweden

The staff at this hostel were really what made it for me. It was a nice chilled hostel in a good location in the old town and the staff are super friendly and helpful. The air-con in the dorms was also a big plus as Cartagena gets pretty hot.

• 21st Dec 2014

Great location in the walled city. Nice balcony overlooking the street and a large room to chill, read, tv, etc. kitchen is fine and the dorms were standard (they DO have AC which is essential). The women that run this place are super cool too. Solid spot

PROS: - Very friendly staff - Very clean, the crew was constantly cleaning the floors, bathrooms, etc - Good location CONS: - The website says the hostel has AC, but some rooms had only fans, and it's VERY hot there. - Staff speaks minimal english, and not a lot of info is offered for things to do - The "hangout" area doesn't seem to bring people together very well since seating is separate. It's definitely not a party hostel- more of a chillout/quiet hostel as the name suggests

• 13th Dec 2014

in a safe location within walking distance to everything. lovely balcony over lokig the street. staff were very friendly and helpful. beds comfy but would recommend room with air conditioning as it was very hot.

Great location, chill vibe, helpful staff.

Great hostel always clean, great staff specially Vicenta, Alex and Liliana, i definitely recomend it!! It actually improved since my last stay.