Makako Chill Out Hostel Reviews

Calle Quero # 9 54, Cartagena, Colombia

Nice place with nice people!

The two girls who were working at the desk could my speak English but regardless they seemed more interested in playing music than helping their guests. They also provided totally inaccurate info on tours, bus services, etc.'so do not rely on this useless staff.

In a very good location. Dormitory style rooms. Fans in all the rooms. It gets pretty hot even at night but it isn't unbearable. Very friendly staff. Open communal kitchen and living room with a TV and computer. Easy wifi access. No toilet seat for some reason in one of the two bathrooms. But overall clean bathrooms. Bring your own soap. You can buy your own food at the local market and store it in the fridge.

Great location! Clean dorms and lounge areas. Cool balcony hangout spot. Good kitchen. Bathrooms are not great (it's an old building). There was never any soap. Needs air conditioning, the nights were very hot. But we had a good time here. Nice staff.

I have stayed here on two separate occasions and have enjoyed it each time. The location is great and within walking distance of all the major attractions in the historical center. The staff are outgoing and helpful.

Had a very nice stay for 2 nights and met some good folks, the ladies at the desk were always extremely helpful, the room was very warm in the evening, so... No blankets required! Kitchen was very barebones, but it got the job done.

staff is nice and its generally okay, but a really sad and unhappy atmosphere and its not that clean and comfy. Would not stay a second time

Pros: the staff are very friendly and helpful. Everything is within walking distance. Cons: the hostel needs to be updated. Many things are just old and worn. There are only three bathrooms for the whole hostel, which can make things frustrating.

The place is great, but is too hot, there are no fans or AC in the common spaces (but you have those in the bedrooms). The only thing i can object is that they recommended me a specific company to Playa Blanca.. worst tour ever.. we only stayed for 30 minutes in Playa Blanca, the boat had engine issues, in the end, they just drop us really fast on other boat. The worst part is that the crew members didnt take responsibility for that and there is no one to ask for your money back.

one of the best hostels i've been in. the hostel is set in beautiful colonial house. we had a beautiful double private room with dark wood furniture and window. the staff was very friendly and helpful. the atmosphere amazing--common areas have huge balconies. great value for money! great place to meet new people but also very quiet at night.

I booked for 4 Nights but had to change the date because we couldn't make it. I emailed them and I was told that there will be no problem. So when we finally arrived they have given our rooms to other guests and we had to find another hostel. The staff was so unfriendly even before we complained an they were acting with such an arrogance. The point is that the email goes to the hostel manager who is kind of nice. But she is not in cartagena and the girls at the hostel don't run the place proper

You truly get what you pay for. Ive stayed at many hostels before but this one, I got a private room and the bed was not comfortable, which typical bunk beds are average but it'll get you by the night. This bed, you could feel the framing, the bathroom didn't have a toilet seat, the showers weren't clean. I didn't end up staying, I checked out and got another hostel that was close and available instead.

Great staff. Really friendly and very helpful

Great location, great staff and good size for a hostel. its not crowded but you will meet other travellers. Free coffee! Lenny and Wilma are the best :)

everything was perfect, very clean and great atmosphere lennys Vilma makes us feel at home organized very attentive recommend this hostel

very good hostel, too placid and very good atmosphere. I recommend it anyway. Agradesco lenis and Vilma are the best (

Hy there , I can say the hostel is excellent in all the ways . Super good atmosphere . The people who work here is super nice and the Vilma coffe at the morning is great y the Lenis receptionist super sweet . I highly recommend it !!!

Las muchachas del Makako son muy amables y hospedosas. Bien ubicado y bien precio.

• 28th Oct 2015

Great location and staff, and overall good value for money. Booked 2 nights but stayed much longer after having such a great time in Cartagena. Bathrooms can use some maintenance

It was perfect! I was very comfortable while there, and always felt welcome. I am especially thankful that Vilma took the time to walk me around town and show me the places I was looking for. All the staff what incredibly helpful and nice, but Vilma really made me feel at home.

• 20th Oct 2015