Makako Chill Out Hostel Reviews

Calle Quero # 9 54, Cartagena, Colombia

Very friendly staff and great location with nice balconies to hang out at night

• 16th Mar 2015

My stay at Makako Chill Hostel was awesome. The staff is extremely helpful and are willing to assist you with all your needs. The Bathrooms and rooms are cleaned daily allowing for a clean environment. The location is dead center in the Centro Historico and minutes away from the party district and a supermarket only a block away. I have no complaints. There is wifi and access to a computer here. If your a simple traveler like myself, you have nothing to worry about.

• 15th Mar 2015

It was fine, but there was no atmosphere and the Staff couldn't keep track of who was there so they asked me multiple times who I was and what I was doing there which doesn't really make you feel welcome.

It is a lovely chill out place in the center of Cartagena. There are two big supermarkets located nearly and the staff is really helpful. In addition is a clean hostel with a nice terrace and space to relax. You can meet chilled travelers from all over the world. Last but not least the WiFi works really fine.

It was a good stay overall. However some facilities, such as towel, soap in the toilet and electric curcuits in the room Was missing. The atmosphere was good with hammocks and balconies to hang out. Locations was alsa great both for the old city and getsamani.

Nice location, not in the heart of the party strip, but to me that's a good thing. Exito a block away. All Cartagena attractions are a walk away. Nice open communal space, sweet little balconies and hammocks. Friendly staff, little safe boxes. Kitchen wasn't the best but then it was too hot to cook anyway. Would stay again.

We stayed in a ten bed dorm and when we arrived there was stuff all over our beds and the sheets didn't look clean. We were assured they were but I slept in my sleeping bag liner none the less. The place had a general unpleasant smell too. The lockers were in the common area and were so tiny it was hard to fit anything in there. The location was great, easy to walk to everywhere.

Disappointed. The rooms are real dingy and run down plus the bathrooms are gross. No toilet seat on the toilet, no lockers - just little cubbies when you walk in to keep small items. The saving grace is the common room & balcony which is nice and apparently the only room they keep maintained. Staff was friendly however not everyone spoke English & they were the ones being loud at night! Room was overpriced to begin with & like other reviewers, charged 10,000 COP more per night than I should've.

Way too expensive for what you get. The only good thing is the location. Really hard to use the kitchen because that is also the baggage storage. We decided to book a tour to Playa Blanca to make it easier but that turned out to be a complete waste of money and really chaotic and disorganized. The lady almost didn't give us our ticket and without anything written on it, which made it hard to convince people that we paid for lunch. Highly recommend to stay elsewhere.

1 2 3 Next » last »