Makako Chill Out Hostel Reviews

Calle Quero # 9 54, Cartagena, Colombia

Hostel with great staff, however, the facilities could be a little better. Bedsheets were torn/had holes in them and the hostel seemed a little shabbier than the others I've been in. Great location though, super close to a great square with lots of cafes and bars.

Great experience. It's location isn't amazing, because it is not in Getsemani, but not bad in Centro. This is the friendliest hostel I stayed in. For example, my stay for the previous night ended, and they let me leave my bag there all night while I was out and about. When I returned at 3am, the hostel worker was incredibly friendly. We hung for a while, and she offered a hammock if I wanted to rent it to crash. I was looking to leave early the morning, and she helped me get a bus that I needed.

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayd at! Are you looking for a crazy party hostel this isn't it, hens the name chill out. The staff is so amazing! They are super helpful and It feels like I'm leaving my family in makako. I can't complain on anything.

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Sweden

The staff at this hostel were really what made it for me. It was a nice chilled hostel in a good location in the old town and the staff are super friendly and helpful. The air-con in the dorms was also a big plus as Cartagena gets pretty hot.

• 21st Dec 2014

Great location in the walled city. Nice balcony overlooking the street and a large room to chill, read, tv, etc. kitchen is fine and the dorms were standard (they DO have AC which is essential). The women that run this place are super cool too. Solid spot

PROS: - Very friendly staff - Very clean, the crew was constantly cleaning the floors, bathrooms, etc - Good location CONS: - The website says the hostel has AC, but some rooms had only fans, and it's VERY hot there. - Staff speaks minimal english, and not a lot of info is offered for things to do - The "hangout" area doesn't seem to bring people together very well since seating is separate. It's definitely not a party hostel- more of a chillout/quiet hostel as the name suggests

• 13th Dec 2014

in a safe location within walking distance to everything. lovely balcony over lokig the street. staff were very friendly and helpful. beds comfy but would recommend room with air conditioning as it was very hot.

Great location, chill vibe, helpful staff.

1 2 3 Next » last »