Makako Chill Out Hostel Reviews

Calle Quero # 9 54, Cartagena, Colombia

Quite nice and relaxing place to stay and very central in the city. I think it's hard to find a more friendly, nice and helpful staff then in this place. Mi amor, thanks for the beautiful stay.

We had a great stay at Makako. The staff are very friendly and made us feel at home. There's a great big chill area and balcony overlooking the quaint streets. Good kitchen, lacking a couple of utensils. A cup of strong free coffee everyday made up for it. Only suggestion I'd make is an extra public computer would go a long way. Overall strongly recommended.

Very good hostel, nice location, yakelin of the reception is very nice and likes to help you with any problems you might have. Better book in advance, it is often full

If this place would offer breakfast, lunch and dinner....you would never go out!!! Staff is amazing, like family and the hostel is nicely laid back with a spacious community area and hidden places on the balcony in front and hammocks in the back! Definitely recommend it.

The staff was so nice, I can't remember the specific girl's name who worked at the desk, but she helped us with everything. Maybe Stephanie? The only issue we had, was that we used the lockers by the front desk, and someone had broken into my friend's locker overnight, and they stole all of her cash. She had a combination lock, so someone must have been there for a while trying to figure it out. The rest was great, they were helpful with directions, helping us, and keeping our bags till we left.

nice hostel in cartagena with friendly staff. perfectly located in the historic center, supermarket and everything needed very close! pleasant atmosphere since the hostel is not that huge. cooking possibilities also available. the only thing to criticize was the missing air conditioner in our room, apart from that I can recommend the Makako Chill Out without restrictions.

Amazing staff, beautiful hostel! The beds were comfortable and the rooms allowed you to escape the heat. I was only going to stay one night but ended up staying one more. The staff was very caring and helpful!

• 22nd Jun 2015

The staff here are so lovely! Even though my Spanish is awful they didn't shy away from being friendly. This is certainly a very chilled out hostel, I could come and go without needing to be let in or out. God location in Old Town, everything you want is close by. Facilities are clean basic essentials (hot showers were certainly NOT needed here) plenty of fans supplied for those warm balmy nights!

The staff is so sweet here -always welcoming, helped me when the hostel was full, and dealt with my general traveler's shenanigans. Music's always playing here, and there's a relaxed vibe that I really like. Great location for wandering around too

The hostel was good. It had everything I asked for. More fans could have been used to get rid of the stuffiness. The staff was excellent and nice. Overall, I enjoyed my 6 days there

1 2 3 Next » last »