Makati Apartelle Reviews

4411 Montojo Street., near cor. Chino reces ave., Manila, Philippines

Stayed at the San Augustine residence in Makati City. They have very accommodating staff who give you honest and helpful advice on getting around, they even provide a guide book on how to get to locations of interest to tourists, small things like that impressed me. The security seems low but staff are so humble and honest never felt like my valuables were under threat. Good area of Manila as well and lots of restaurants, pubs and entertainment around for all ages.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • South Africa

Nice place to stay with excellent location and helpful staff! Not a place to meet other travelers though.

Can't imagine anyone regretting staying here

• 25th Jan 2015

Upon arrival, we were told we would be taken to a new location and it turned out to be a great place. Excellent value for the money, in fact our room was bigger than the one we had just left in Hong Kong with a major hotel chain. We stayed 6 nights and although one of us was not feeling the best due to a chest infection, we still managed to get around the neighbourhood easily and see some sights. Highly recommend staying here and look forward to returning.

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The room was big and comfortable, except that it really smelled like cigarette smoke. We would have gotten another room if we had told it to the staff earlier (instead of telling it when we left..). So the staff was very friendly and willing to help.

• 16th Jan 2015

It will always be my home away from home...

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Philippines

I was just here for half a day but still i was amazed by the friendly and kind staff! I would DEFINITELY recommend this place also for a longer stay! The area is not as friendly as you might think, but anyway this Hostel is a real peal!!! Thank you very much :)

Lovely old wooden floors. Clean. Not too far from central makati. Good value.

Nice and clean place, I'm recommend this home for everybody who looking nice and cheap place

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Poland

Cool, simple and cozy. Location is outside of Makati but has a residential vibe. A/C and wifi is great.

This hostel is a gem! Clean, nice rooms with AC right in Makati. Staff was super helpful and stayed up late until we arrived. It's not a social place with a cool vibe or anything, but if you want a good, quiet, simple room at an affordable rate, stay here!!! Only downside was noise pollution from outside in the morning. Get up EARLY if you want a taxi anywhere- its Manila so traffic is absolutely horrible everywhere.

We truly loved our stay with you. I would enjoy your facilities again. Very pleased

• 9th Oct 2014

Hostel itself is nicely furnished, very clean, rooms are spacious, staff was friendly and welcoming.- But when I went on an overnight-trip with my office, someone broke into my room, removed by force the room safe (!) and thus stole all my cash money, laptop and camera. SECURITY IS VERY POOR! Also the environment - an information I didn't get from the hostelworld site. Since only hostel staff knew my room no. and that I was gone for the night, I can't help thinking they were somehow involved.

• 7th Oct 2014

We respect ur opinion with regards to ur loss. We apologize for this unfortunate event.Although this no excuse,this is the 1st time a theft has happened in our 10 years' operation.We are doing the necessary remedies such as installing bars in our bathroom windows,where,as investigated,the suspect may have entered. Hotels/hostels today are special prey for the professional thief.No hotel is burglar-proof.Pls help us protect ur valuables by not leaving any while away

The best place to stay in Manila! value for mone, clean and nice staff. The location is nothing special but it's quiet and nice. .

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Israel

The wifi at groundfloor is not ok, it is difficult to connect to network. Overall all the room is spacious for two person and good value for the money.

• 13th Sep 2014