Maktub Backpacker Hostal Granada Reviews

Calle Hospital Corpus Christi 7, Granada, Spain

We stayed there one night and it was the funniest hostal I've ever been! The hostal it self is a real fucked off place, evereything, really everything would need to be repaired. The staff are people who are doing work and travel. In the evening we were sitting together, drinking, playing the guitar and relaxing at the roof terrace. So it's a really special atmosphere there. I can recommend it to everybody who is not so much caring about the establishment and cleanliness.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Austria

The location od the hoastel is perfect! Just right to the famous tapas route of Calle Elvira. Unfortunately the staff changed during our stay there, so everything was a bit choatic... There were no lockers in our room, we were said to use lockers in another room, they didn't seem to be very secure.... We enjoyed the rooftop terrace a lot! Generally fair service for the price

• 12th Apr 2014

They make us sleep in a private bedroom of the employees, for the same price, because they were in over booking. The owner arrived, visibly drunk and stinking of wine, and told us that two friends of us, that lost a bus to Malaga for helping us, could sleep in the bed of a emplyee for 10 euro. His employees for his fault spent the night on the ground. No one speak sanish, and they speak english very bad. There are not glasses. The walls are so thin that we don't sleeped. They gave us wrong key.

• 12th Apr 2014

I enjoyed my time at Maktub, especially getting to know the staff. The hostel really reminded me of a house in my hometown, New Orleans. (What's up, Pink room??) Everyone was so friendly, it felt like I was staying at a friend's house. I found some great gems around town, thanks to Benji's advice, and I left Granada with some great new music. The upstairs was great for having a coffee, and watching Granada come to life. I loved my time in Granada, and I hope to return to Maktub SOON!

my bed was not ready they did not have my reservation they did not expect my arrival they did not know anything about it chaos!

I couldn't sleep because it felt like flees were biting me for whole night. I wonder whether the sheets were washed after every guest. And possibly the dust was not removed ever. But it does feel like a return to Middle Ages!

Room certainly wouldn´t have passed a health inspection

View all Granada Bed and Breakfasts