Makuto Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tiña 18, Granada, Spain

Great hostel! It is a bit tricky to find at first but it's actually close both to the city center and the best view points up the hill. The walking tour was really nice, we were very few to take it so it felt like walking around with friends! The common areas are perfect to relax and meet other travellers and the staff and volunteers are always around to help. The only thing that could be better is the bathroom, which I think is kind of small. I had a great experience, I definitely recommend it!

I booked three nights and stayed ten... The staff are all extremely cool and the guests that came and went during my ten days all seemed to be interesting travelers with a unique story to tell. The hostel is set in the Albayzin area of Granada; a labyrinth of charming, medieval cobbled streets with an equally endearing vibe in the air. Stay here by all means, but be warned - you may never want to leave.

Great hostel to chill and meet other travelers. Awesome hammocks, tree house, bar, kitchen. The bedrooms were neat, tidy and loads of fun climbing up to the top bunks (4 high)! Wifi is very average and the showers require you to keep pushing a button for them to stay on. The walking tour was an adventure but not particularly informative. The dinners were really good, delicious vege lasagna and salad.

Best hostel I have ever stayed in! The atmosphere and staff were simply amazing. They really make you feel welcome and comfortable. The manager was busy at the desk when I arrived, so I was urged to get a coffee and sit in the courtyard with other guests rather than sit and wait my turn in reception. I met so many great people here and had such a great time. They cooked every evening, and organised walking tours and hiking trips. I couldn't have asked for more and I was really sad to leave.

The stuff wasn't very competent. The girl failed to recommend me any place to eat and just sent me to the city center, on the next day she gave me wrong directions to go to the science museum. Such basic things! Also, given that this is not the cheapest hostel in Granada a breakfast could be not just bread with margarine and jam. After 15 mins you are hungry again. I don't know about the astmosphere, but regarding services this hostel doesn't accord with the price.

This is a very good hostel - the common areas are interesting and comfortable, and it was easy to meet other travellers. The dinner was tasty and I can also recommend the free walking tour. However, don't book an 8-bed or a 10-bed dorm - it will be noisy. My room shared a ceiling with the corridor next to the room, which meant that every noise from the corridor could be heard in the room, and it was also next to the bathroom, from which I could hear every sound. There was also a lack of sockets.

Makuto is one of the bests hostels I've been...Amazing and helpful staff, good energy and lovely place! Wifi was a little bit annoying, but works... I truly recommend this place!

I had the most amazing time here. It's in a really beautiful area of Granada, the atmosphere was amazing, so chilled out and welcoming and the staff were fantastic. Thankyou so much, it was the best hostel experience I have had so far, and I will definitely be back!

Makuto is a very unique hostel, really cool atmosphere . If your into a true bohemian experience, this is the place to be.

Had an awesome stay at makuto, loved the hammocks. Had a really chilled out atmosphere and yummy family dinners!

I really enjoyed my stay here. All of the staff were lovely and very helpful. The inexpensive day trip to Sierra Nevada was incredible a must do! I would recommend this place to everyone, it is well located and is very social!

Such a good hostel!! Staff and everyone are so friendly, communal dinner is awesome and breakie included is always good, really chill vibe, awesome location, do the free night walk tour and day trip to Monachil!!

I'd like to give this place 10/10 because as far as atmosphere and socalising goes its off the charts. However there are some downsides to be aware of. The rooms- particularly if you get a top bunk- are extremely hot and make sleeping a bit uncomfortable. Its also a fair hike up hill from the train station. How much these matter will depend on what you look for in a hostel.

Great place to explore Granada from, very chilled out vibe

• 31st Aug 2014

Amazing environment, staff, location! Family dinners and chilled out, hippie environment are great. The only thing I would say is not great is the lack of air conditioning in any of the Grenada hostels and the showers are not the best. Truly love this hostel and would stay again.

It was literally the best hostel I've ever stayed in. There might be hostels as good as this, but it's impossible to be better. Staff is like a family, plants and love and music and open minded people everywhere. Perfect for lonesome travellers, you will not want to leave.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Austria

a really nice hostel, the only place i ould recomend any one stay in granada

Amazing atmosphere makes it a great place to stay. Great small hostel. Awesome staff.

• 23rd Aug 2014

This hostel is set in a beautiful location in Granada, tucked away on the hillside, tricky too find but well worth it, the home cooked meals are amazing.. One of the nicest hostels Iv ever stayed in, staff are committed too going above and beyond

Stay was great, the hostel staff were all volunteers that made the experience even better by being knowledgeable about the city and showing us around via bar nights and walking tours. Would recommend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4