Makuto Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tiña 18, Granada, Spain

Very friendly and helpful staff

The place has great staff, all so nice and helpful. Minimal facilities, rooms are cramped and beds are uncomfortable. I stayed both here and at oasis backpackers in a previous trip to Granada and Oasis is a much better go, cheaper too.

Really nice hostel! In the heart of the Albaicin ! Nice staff ! We recommand it without hesitation :)

Great place to relax and get a unique take on Granada. They hook you up with all the information you need to check out the sites, but offer much more of a local look at the city as well. Be sure to check out the all-day excursion/hike and the walking tour to the caves on the hill.

• 12th Jul 2015

This place is amazing for it's treehouse and hammocks. There is so much to look at, from their tiki bar to the chill out room with different guitars and ukeleles. The tour into the caves on the outskirts on the city was life-changing for me, a must do and it's free! Very easy to meet people here but be warned, this place is a little dirty w/o AC. My bed linen was covered with random hairs as was my friend's. It was well-worth dealing with for everything else though. I'd recommend it to a friend!

Going to be honest, not every part of this place is 10/10 but the vibes of it more than make up for whatever few shortcomings it has, and as a package it is an 11.5/10 at least

The people I met at Makuto were amazing, the set up of the hostel (bar, dinner, and free walking tour) creates a very nice social environment. The actual facilities of the hostel were ok. For me, I didn't like that lockers were outside of the room and once you check out there isn't really a secure place for your bags. Finally the rooms did not have air conditioning and some were quite cramped.

It was certainly worth staying! Lovely smiling people, eager to help! Nice atmosphere and great decoration! I will definitelly visit it again. And not to forget...They do speak English, it was a nice surprise in Spain, since my Spanish is poor!

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Greece

My favorite hostel in my favorite city! Love this place!

Makuto is very well located in the heart of Albacin. The staff is vey nice and helpful. The common area is very cool and makes it easy to meet people. The only negative thing was that my dorm was far from the bathroom/WC and I had to walk through the common space to get there.

The only negative thing about this hostel was that the wifi kept dropping out whenever more than 2 people were using it. Besides this everything about this hostel was fantastic! Would definitely return.

It's the atmosphere that makes Makuto a special place in Granada. Definitely a travellers place. The only downside are the three story bunk beds and the fact that my room had no real ceiling. Everything was covered by one shared roof, including the bathroom and the hallway. So basically everything can be heard from the room. I'd expect better for the price.

Loved it! The walking tour was a highlight experience, the staff were chill and easy to get along with and always helpful. Great kitchen. No air con, but super cool atmosphere. Happy days.

The stauing was great and i had a great time! The staff was nice and the atmosphere was wondeful! The rooms are very hot, but at the evening its ok.

This hostel is a little getaway spot all on its own. Absolutely loved it there. The staff is super helpful with loads of advice on things to do and see. Definitely go for the daily walking tour in the evening. The courtyard with the hammocks area is a great place to meet new people and chit-chat, or even to just relax and be lazy during siesta time. Rooms, facilities, linen, everything is nice and clean so no worries there. Thanks Makuto for a great experience! :)

Great, helpful staff and met some really wonderful people. The tree fort and hammocks are great. I had serious issues with noise given the positioning of my top bunk bed beside the bathroom, but otherwise I think they did a really good job with everything.

Some hostels have great excursions, others have great facilities, or amazing locations; but Makuto is the first hostel that I have ever stayed at where I felt truly at home. Somehow they have created an atmosphere that is inviting, relaxing, and friendly to the point where you can't help but be totally captured by the experience. An incredible place where your experience in the great city of Granada will be matched by the place where you are staying.

Cool hostel, good place to get to know other travelers. Take the free walking tour.

Our stay at Makuto was very pleasant thanks to the help of an extremely friendly and handsome Australian man James. He ran the free walking tour with encyclopedic knowledge and was able to answer even the toughest of questions with ease. I wish him all the best in his future endeavours, I truly hope he finds a nice young girl to settle down with, start a family and live a long fruitful life. Also the English girl working the bar has an adorable accent.

Good: very nice facilities, great girl at checkin, with loads of local info. Awesome hammocks. Bad: the volunteer staff only seemed to want to chat with each other. They just seemed to be lounging, uninterested in chatting with the guests, odd as they were called the social chairs! Wifi is a bit spotty as well.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4