Makuto Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tiña 18, Granada, Spain

1928 Total Reviews

Absolutely stella hostel. Incredible atmosphere, friendly, and welcoming staff. Makuto hostel is a great place to meet people and base yourself whilst exploring everything Granada has to offer.

is weak in most 579 is a noise . I prefer investing in a ! Kitchen and wonderful!!

Really amazing staff and environment. We couldn't have asked for better!

Great hostel in a great city. The staff do an excellent job of making you feel at home, and I think the fact that they constantly have return guests and guests that extend their stay says a lot more about the hostel than I can put into words. It was hard to say goodbye to such a great place with such wondeful people but I will definitely be back. Thank you to everyone at Makuto.

• 19th Jan 2016

Excellent hostel! Really great atmosphere and super friendly staff!! Cool chill out areas and always something going on!! It is also in a great area, a bit of a walk but worth it 100%!!! Wish I could have stayed another few nights but will definetly be back!!!

This was the second time i have stayed in this hostel and again it did not disappoint. It was my friends first time and she was blown away. The staff were amazing, the receptionist especially was super helpful. We ended up extending our stay (like most people). Even though it was low season there were still lots of people and a great atmosphere :) definitely would recommend!

I don't recommend it. Poor service for 75 euros/night. Not good to rest. Noisy, lot of yelling to midnight everyday. The room is small. Not clean. Broken ceramics on the floor. Toilet without door. Bad isolation. Old mattress and pillows. No soap. No shampoo. No towels. No wifi signal. Poor breakfast. No napkins. Need to wash your dishes. Dangerous stairs to the room without banister. Unsafe in the case of a fire. No evacuation plan. Difficult access from the bus stop, lots of stairs with small

Dear guest, we are very sorry that you didn't like the hostel, however, we would like to remind you that the hostel is a charming and historic Andalusian house located in the oldest and most attractive quarter of Granada, the Albaicin, with cobbled streets. The room is big for a hostel, with a characteristic wood ceiling. We provide towels, soap and the hostel offers a lot more than napkins. Thank you for staying with us anyway and hope that form now on you only choose what is suitable for you.

Makuto was an excellent place to stay. Felt comfortable from the minute I was greeted with the great staff. The manager makes people feel safe and welcomed. I highly recommend it for the atmosphere with guitar strumming almost on a daily basis. The wifi was not always perfect but that's the only "bad" thing I can say about my stay!

The best Christmas ever this year in Makuto! Delicious Christmas dinner for only 12 euros!! Amazing staff, such a friendly people! Warm and festive atmosphere all around Makuto. I´ve got no words to explain how cool it was to be there in Makuto, twice!! And I´ll be back and I´ll tell everybody what a wonderful hostel is Makuto. If Granada is a magical city, and I spent a great time there, to stay in Makuto made the whole experience even more special. Unforgettable!! Thank you so much!!

Amazing hostel! The staff is the best group of people you've ever met, the atmospere is through the roof every day and all together it's a real experience staying there. I wouldn't stay anywhere else is Granada. The only downside would be an unpredictable wifi.

This hostel was so amazing! It is a little difficult to find but it's fun getting lost in the windy streets of Granada. It was hard for me to leave the hostel and explore because the environment atmosphere at the hostel was so lovely! The homemade dinners are delicious and there's always people playing music and hanging out in the courtyard. This was truly a magical hostel! I would also recommend doing the walking tour. The sunsets are killer on Granada!

• 18th Dec 2015

The hostel dorm rooms are badly built. No sound insulation at all. I've slept in hundreds of hostels and this was the noisiest. Guests weren't the problem. Walls need to be built up to the ceiling. I could hear everything as people came and went. I could even hear them brushing their teeth and turning on the taps. Please remove swinging doors from bathroom. It's like a drum for people in next room. Bunks are stacked too high. I had to climb over and under rafters to get into bed. Badly built.

• 14th Dec 2015

Best and coziest hostel I've ever been!

• 14th Dec 2015
  • Belgium

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN MAKUTO! What a wonderful stay - yet again. The staff and clients and atmosphere of makuto make it such a lovely place to be, but be careful you don't get stuck there - you won't want to leave!

Great hostel, great staff, the best place to meet other interesting travellers!

Great staff, location and hostel. Afternoon walking tour is a must!

Nice place!! Really awesome chill out areas, with hammocks and treehouse. Great staff. Only downside is it is a bit far away from centre of city and grocery store.

Amazing stay here. staff was super accommodating and friendly upon arrival and throughout the whole stay. The atmosphere had a great vibe, hammocks, someone playing guitar, everyone very friendly. The beds were clean and comfortable, perfect for a one night stay but I wish I could have stayed longer! Location in small cobblestone street but close to all the main attractions and in the perfect part of town! highly recommended

• 4th Dec 2015

Lovely hostel, amazing atmosphere. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

I'll put it simply. The people who stay there and work there were great. That's the biggest thing for me.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4