Makuto Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tiña 18, Granada, Spain

What a place. Had to warm up to it, but once I did, I never wanted to leave. Special love to faustine and Lucy They Made my stay an especially good time

I'm trying to think of a reason not to give this a 100% rating, but I can't! This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The staff is amazing, the rooms are adorable, and the facilities and atmosphere are unreal. There are 4-5 separate areas to hang out or get alone time. The hammocks and treehouse are amazing. Every night the staff cooks a delicious meal. This place definitely has a hippie vibe, but overall everyone is super friendly and awesome!

This hostel was nice, staff were friendly and helpful. location is amazing, bit of a hike to get to but can't beat the surroundings.

Best hostel I've been to by far. Great vibes and atmosphere makes everyone social. You could sit in the common area all day talking and meeting people. Highly recommend for solo travelers.

The location is great : it's near the city center, in a charming neighborhood. It feels like a village inside the town of Granada. The hostel itself is very nice. The beds are comfortable, the common area is great, with hammocks and such. The staff was super friendly, and I do recommend doing the free walking tour with them : the area we visited was really surprising. Great hostel all in all. I would definitely recommend going there.

Makuto was an, interesting, experience. It is definitely a haven for hippies, stoners & amateur musicians - so if that's your jam, this place is the spot. The facilities are clean, but a bit janky (you have to keep pushing a button for the water to run in the shower) and the staff members are all relatively new and probably not the best source for Granada information (the girl who gave our walking tour had been in Granada for 3 days). I wouldn't return, personally.

The staff was great and the atomosphere was everything we could've wanted from a hostel. Being located right in the heart of albacin was perfect.

My favourite city and hostel ever. This hostel will offer you more than a good experience. Amazing meals, walking tours and atmosphere. I miss everything about this place already and I just walked out the door. I'll miss the volunteer staff, who are super helpful and welcoming. Thanks For making my stay the best one yet!!

My friend and I stayed for one night and absolutely loved this place. We'll be returning to Makuto next time we're in Granada.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Northern Ireland

So incredible! All staff and volunteers were friendly, fun, and helpful. It felt like I was adopted into a quirky family that all live in a treehouse. They helped me walk home after the bar when I forgot my key, worked tirelessly to sort out my internet troubles that only I was having, taught me cooking, have an extreme walking tour, and gave endless advice and help for navigating Granada. The rooms are comfortable, the hostel friendly and with tons of spaces to relax and be quiet or socialize.

Best hostel I've stayed at by far!! Awesome atmosphere and everyone was incredibly welcoming. Definitely will be back.

I absolutely loved the city of Granada (probably my favorite city in Spain so far) and my stay at Makuto Hostel was a very positive complement to my amazing experience. It's in a great location (only about a 20 minute walk from anywhere you'd want to see), which may sound like a lot, but it goes by fast and allowed me to see the cute little winding roads and explore the beauty of the city. The staff was also very welcoming and very accommodating, and I had no issues at all with security. Great!

• 27th Feb 2015

I had a great time at Makuto. The staff was super friendly and helped me organize different activities. I had planned to stay 2 days, I ended up spending 7 days there! It has a super chilled vibe and it is a good place to go hiking / skiing (is also possible from here - The Sierra Nevada is close and pretty awesome). Granada has a nice hippie vibe... enjoy a great city!

This is an odd hostel and best caters to a certain type of traveller (hippie, stoner, wannabe musician types). Hard to find but actually in a great location in the historic area of town. The 3 bed bunkbeds kind of suck, not great sleeping. Not allowed to bring in outside alcohol because they have a bar, always very annoying. Staff was ok, the one guy who leads the crazy walking tours is amazing but no one else really added much. Personally wouldn't stay again but to each their own.

Great vibe. Good people. Good staff, very laid back atmosphere. The walking tours are a nice change aswell if you enjoy hiking

Staying at Makuto was one of my best experiences during my travels. The staff are incredibly welcoming and friendly and the hostel has an unbelievable atmosphere. With hammocks, a treehouse, and a cozy outdoor area, I felt incredibly chilled the whole time. Everyone I met there had warm and endearing personality. The location is also one of the best. You can get great advice from the owners there about hikes near Sierra Nevada and fun spots to check out in the Albayzin area. Miss it already.

• 17th Feb 2015

I love Makuto! It is in the best location in Granada, the staff is beyond wonderful and the atmosphere was perfect. This is truly a gem of a hostel that makes you feel like a kid at sleep-away camp. The hostel itself is very funky (in a good way). It has a great kitchen with everything you need to make food, or you can eat the amazing dinners they have there for only 6euro. I will be back to this place for sure!

- Room was very small for the amount of beds and people in there - three beds on top of each other - > not enough space

Hello! Sorry that you found our 8 -10 bed dorm small :( (you booked our cheapest dorm option) Next time I would recommend you to make your reservation in a dorm with lower capacity (less people more space) so you can enjoy more room for you. A shame you did not have enough time to enjoy our big outside garden and Makuto's common areas. Happy travels.

I felt very much home at Makuto! Great location, nice decoration, friendly staff, delicious food for dinner offered for a small price, free breakfast, good walking tour, fast Wifi, plenty of little corners to escape to if you DON'T want to interact with other guests, very much values for money!

• 26th Jan 2015

Thanks for your review of Makuto Guesthouse Backpackers Hostel. We take reviews of all our hostels very seriously. I am extremely please that people are recommending us and that we are getting guests due to good word of mouth. I am very happy that you have had such a great time. Thanks again for spreading the word and all the best from all Makuto Hostel Team :)

More hostels should adopt hsving a dinner for a cheaper price in the hostel, like you guys do. Staff was friendly, and the walking tour was great!

What a great review! thank you very much we really appreciate it. We are very happy that you have had such a great time. I am glad that you found our staff very friendly and helpful. We work hard to be as friendly and competitively priced as we can with a location, in the heart of the Albaicin, that is unbeatable. I am glad you had time to enjoy some of our free activities like our daily free walking tour and our tasty dinners. Thanks again for spreading the word. All the best from Makuto :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3