Makuto Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tiña 18, Granada, Andalucia, Spain

it was dirty even staffs are smoking in the hostel. the only thing i like is the appearance of hostel. it looks very special. but too dirty and my room was humid. and smelly. if you like to smoke, go there. my guide book recommended this hostel. and i was very frustrated that book and hostel. and bad location to me. staff was very kind.

Very nice hostel with a staff that helps with you everything you need... Clean bathroom and comfortable beds... I'll definitely stay there again when come back to Granada...

I loved this hostel! The staff was super nice and helpful. They remembered my name all weekend! The only downside is its up a giant hill and kind of hard to find but other than that, great location.

• 28th Feb 2014

We had a really amazing stay here. The staff is excellent and it was very easy to meet people. I would definitely stay here again!!

Loooooved Makuto! The staff was really nice, it had great directions to get there, the bar area was really nice and the outdoor patio was great. Was glad I got the room with our own shower and also had a very nice kitchen (though I didn't use it)

If you want a backpackers hostel - free-spirited, buzzing, welcoming, party vibe - then this is THE perfect hostel for you. The staff were beyond lovely (most especially Kru) and will take care of your every need - they really do go out of their way. I loved the location...hidden away in el Albaicín. I stayed in the mixed 6-bed dorm, and my only recommendations are: a bit more in-room storage, possibly meaning less beds; perhaps a rethink of the bathroom/shower facilities in terms of privacy.

• 17th Jan 2014
  • Scotland

Nice Hostel with a very chill relaxed vibe. The staff were really friendly and loved to take the guests on walking tours even when not on duty. I would highly recommend staying at this hostel.

The thing I hate the most are the 'bombs' along the way to the hostel i.e: dog poo. Otherwise, great location!

super nice place with super friendly people. go there- you'll not regret it!

I stayed in a 4 bed dorm until I requested a move. There was not enough air circulation and the only window opened into an outdoor closet where they stored cleaning supplies and various chemicals--not a sign of being attentive to the health of guests. With the window closed, the only other air came from a crack under the door. Breakfast consisted of white bread with so many preservatives that they keep many days supplies worth in the closet. Makuto hostel wants a high rating; healthy

Unfortunatly I stayed just for 1 night but it was a really good hostel ! Very good location and atmosphere! Thanks Ana, Giulia (see you in Sirmione), Lorenzo (for the True Italian Pasta) and Greg (for the "unusual walking tour")

• 22nd Dec 2013

Makuto Hostel is fantastic. It really felt like a home from home thanks to all the amazing staff. We stayed in the Private en suite room which was very clean and cosy and we felt free to come and go as we wanted with out being disturbed. Makuto has a very welcoming feel and all the staff are so friendly, informative and helpful. Great value for money and the location is both stunningly beautiful and convenient. I would certainly recommend Makuto and would love to visit again.

• 17th Dec 2013

Excellent hostel, with a friendly, inviting atmosphere. The staff are helpful and willing to make recommendations/take you out, I stayed here based on a recommendation from a friend, and will continue to recommend Makuto to other friends who visit Granada!

one of the best I have stayed in for sure. so nice that you would like to stay there all day. all the staff is amazing, but special thanks to Andy for the unusual walking tour.

This is a great hostel. i was a solo traveler and found it easy to meet people. TV was great, good veggie food made by Sergio. Eve and Sergio gave a chilled out walking tour of the neighborhood and caves. Reception booked me Arab baths and gave great advice for the Alhambra. The breakfast is good and basic. I would definitely stay here again. The Bar is good and are two kitchens. There are some great restaurants,Tea houses close by on Arab Shopping Street. I stayed in 4 bed dorm, it was great.

this hostel has a got a great social area, with the patio, tree house thing, cheap bar and hostel dinners, good place for solo travelers :) nice laid back vibe and they allow for self catering and have a good shared kitchen. beds were comfy and the staff helpful all in all a pretty darn good hostel.

Different hostel than I've ever been in. Really good atmosphere, nice and helpfull staff. Everything looks beautiful.

By far the friendliest and most helpful staff I met. They go out of there way to help you out. The houspitality is what sets this hostel apart from the rest. Unfortunately the whole hippie atmosphere made this place feel grimy. The place is overpriced for what it offers as a facility. Small cramped rooms, small separated lockers, not so clean. I felt safe and slept well, but place needs alot remodeling but than again they are going for that hippie, weed smoking atmosphere , its granada

Lovely staff, great, kind of hippie atmosphere, good location. But facilities are below average for Spain, so not nice to have 3 beds in a bunk bed and be squeezed on the middle, smelly mix bathroom, no lockers or even enough room for luggage (that ends up taking all the room at the floor), not enough outlets and wifi didn't work decently during a 3-NIGHTS stay.

Makuto is a fun hostel. The staff host good tours to the caves of Granada. The food is great for vegetarian, it is a very hippy/earthy hostel that fits into Granada perfectly. They could do with outdoor heating, but it was the start of winter so no biggie.