Makuto Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tiña 18, Granada, Spain

a really nice hostel, the only place i ould recomend any one stay in granada

Amazing atmosphere makes it a great place to stay. Great small hostel. Awesome staff.

• 23rd Aug 2014

This hostel is set in a beautiful location in Granada, tucked away on the hillside, tricky too find but well worth it, the home cooked meals are amazing.. One of the nicest hostels Iv ever stayed in, staff are committed too going above and beyond

Stay was great, the hostel staff were all volunteers that made the experience even better by being knowledgeable about the city and showing us around via bar nights and walking tours. Would recommend.

Great atmosphere and location. Wifi was not wonderful. Apparently this is a problem throughout the Albayzín...

The rooms were outrageously hot!! Too hot to sleep well Great staff, great people, Sol the lovely italian girl was a huge hit with our group!! Keep pumping the fanta.

Far more fun, friendly, and pleasant than the other (90% rated) hostels I stayed at in Granada—so much more that it feels staying anywhere else if you're traveling alone might be a mistake. The treehouse, hammocks, small private spaces, and generous patio are all quite nice, but the real draw is the incredibly friendly staff and the friends-as-family atmosphere that they create around them. I stayed in a bunch of really nice hostels in Spain but this was the only one I really loved.

Dear guest, you have no idea how it feels to read your lines....Thank you sooooo much not only for staying with us but mostly for feeling and sharing the vibe. The friends-as-family atmosphere would not exist if people like you did not feel part of it...Your love becomes our energy and we are grateful for that! You are more than welcome at Makuto when/if you decide to stay with us again. All the best and lots of love, Makuto staff

Great hostel!!! The location is perfect, right in the heart of the old town. The staff are great, they take you on walking yours and out to bars, to the caves, hikes to Sierra Nevada. It has a fun and relaxed atmosphere, can get a bit warm in the rooms at night, but what do you expect in the south of Spain!

Thank you very very much for staying at Makuto and for participating to our activities :) We feel lucky to be able to show people some of the various common and alternative points of Granada! Thank you again and nice travels!!!

Good hostel that is in a prime location in the city. You can walk to many of the attractions and enjoy the local area. Overall an enjoyable stay. Would recommend.

Everyone here was so lovely from the moment I walked through the door. One of the best vibes from any hostel I have stayed at. My only negative would be that the fans in the rooms did not work and as it gets soooooo hot that made life pretty exhausting. Otherwise awesome.

Had the best stay at mukato hostel! The set out of the place is beautiful, creates a really friendly atmosphere. Daily activities organized help you explore the place and staff are friendly amd helpful! Was a big part of my Granada experience .

• 24th Jul 2014

I absolutely loved my stay at Makuto. I highly recommend this hostel if you are a solo traveller like myself. Friendly staff, very chill vibe. Everyone is there for the same reason. Plenty of activities offered by the hostel including, hikes, sierra Navada, walking tours, bar crawl, walking tours and a "family" dinner every night. One of my favourite hostels, I will be back forsure.

stayed 3 days and could have stayed twice as long!

I wasn't overly impressed with this place. I liked the looks of it and the chilled out hippie vibe, but it was pretty dirty. The housekeeper will just but into your room without knocking, some of the front desk staff are rude (most are nice but there was one guy who said we couldn't check in until after the actual check in time and had us drop our bags and didn't invite us to stay and hang out or tell us anything around the area- in fact, he just tossed a map at me and left). Breakfast was good

I had a lovely time in Granada, and I loved this litle, very charming and social hostel. My first choice when i return to Granada - which I will for sure!

The best hostel i´ve ever seen! The staff was so excellent! The free walk to the caves and going out in the night together was really nice! All guests were so relaxed, thank you for all that!

Good place to stay. Very friendly and helpful staff. Would recommend. Only down side is location a little difficult to find hostel.

I had the best time staying at makuto! The best hostel I have stayed in. Such amazing staff and so friendly. Great place to meet people. Would stay again in a heart beat.

What a beautiful hostel!! The common area with the hamacs, the trees and the little bar was so cute and peaceful. The staff were perfect, they make me feel at home and the were very welcoming. It was my first trip alone and it's a perfect place to meet people. One of the best hostel of my trip.

Makuto was the perfect place to stay during our time in Granada. The staff was able to help answer all of our questions--restaurant recommendations, a day hike, and even took us on an amazing walking tour at night to explore the neighborhood and the cave houses above the city! We loved the treehouse and hammock areas too. Definitely the perfect place to relax and swap stories with fellow travelers. We will be back again soon.

« first « Prev 1 2 3