Makuto Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tiña 18, Granada, Spain

worst wifi in spain

We paid for an 8bed dorm and had 10 people in it. The beds were so high it was difficult to get in and out of especially with the wooden slats across the roof. There was a lot of noise on night about 5am, people in the showers speaking very loudly. There was not enough room in the rooms for everyone luggage and the lockers are too small to store main luggage. The staff however were great(Alain and Alejandra?! In particular). The bar was a little pricy, but created a nice atmosphere at night.

• 3rd Dec 2014

Stayed 3 Nights. Enjoyed my stay. Amazing location in the Albaicin area. Good rooms with great kitchen and bathroom facilities. Wifi is poor - connection is extremely variable and dropouts are frequent. Very little atmosphere while I stayed there. There were more volunteer staff than patrons staying at the hostel (it was midweek low season) and the staff interact with each other mostly. Front desk staff are lovely and helpful.

Great hostel, very well ran! lots of steep hills though! but worth it for the location and views!

Staff is beyond great. Location is good. Granada is small. Everything can be explored on foot. Breakfast is ok. Atmosphere is great. Chill lounge and common areas are perfect to meet the other travelers. Cheap option for dinner in the hostel too. Very clean. Only small problem is the wi-fi, which is often on and off, and not working well in the rooms. But it works well in the common areas. So I would definitely visit again.

Overall, it's a good vibe being here. Staff were very friendly and helpful, great location, and great outdoor common area and tree house. I came during the winter, so it was chilly in the room I was staying in. Also would suggest using outdoor heat lamps for the outside common area - as it's the area where everyone likes to sit and have breakfast and/or dinner. The wifi is terrible. It kept going in and out and in my room there was nothing. Finally, the laundry dryer was broken.

Such a nice Hostel with relaxed atmosphere. Having a beer and talk in the garden or just relax in the tree house or in one of the hammoks. Its located in the old arabic district of Granada and you can reach everything by foot. We really enjoyed our stay!

• 22nd Nov 2014

This hostel was great! The staff were very welcoming and knowledgeable and the atmosphere was very cool. The dinner was delicious and the hammocks were fun to relax in. My only problem was that I was in a room with only a partial wall so I was woken up several times throughout the night when people came into the hostel but this would not be a big problem for heavy sleepers. I definitely recommend makuto!

Ridiculous amount of beds packed into 1 room.. 7 beds (in 2 bunks) in very small room with no space for bags etc, lockers on floor below. Showers impossible to shower without getting clothes/towel wet. Staff friendly, location good, only recommend to young travelers in groups who don't need space.

Syrmo on reception was great - I was in a room by myself one night and she came to let me know some people were headed out for drinks if I wanted to join and on my last morning she came to make sure I was awake otherwise I would miss the bus to the airport which was very nice of her considering most hostels don't care what their guests are up to, let alone remember their travel plans! Would definitely recommend here! - not just for Syrmo but for the cool setup they have there!

BEST. HOSTEL. EVER!!!! I saw the pictures of the hammocks, and I was hooked. It's a beautiful hostel, and the outdoor area provides an awesome place to meet people. The walking tour was so much fun, and the staff were some of the friendliest people I've ever met.

It's a very funky place with an amazing layout, not too far from the city centre and walking distance from the Alhambra.

Wonderful atmosphere, staffed by very friendly people. Nel (good luck in public health, you'll be great!) gave an awesome walking tour taking us around places near the hostel and up into the caves for some amazing views and meeting some very cool people. Location is a little hard to find, directions are good if you follow them EXACTLY, pay very close attention to the buildings you're walking by. WiFi is good in common area, beds were clean, free toast and coffee in the morning was awesome.

• 1st Nov 2014

Staff brilliant extremely helpful. The is good the in hostel very pleasant; particularly solo travellers. The showers toilets very , although could potentially crowded the is full. Not able being into hostel a of a downer.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Spain

Push showers that last 30 seconds, the lights also cut out. The lockers are outside the rooms and if you leave your luggage after checking out it's just in the locker room so no security. Only certain beds have power outlets and they can be bunks four high. The rooms are clean and spacious though. The staff were helpful but kept saying they were taking people out each night and never did. Can't bring your own alcohol and meals were expensive there. Rooms have codes rather than keys.

Dear guest, sorry to read your review. We are doing our best to satisfy all our guests. If you had told us that you needed a locker till you left we would have given it to you. As for the staff, I am so sorry you missed our company on Saturday night, more than 15 people went out after midnight. Where were you?? Also, I don't think that 8 euros is expensive for a generous dish of homemade paella with a glass of sangría. Hope you come back one day and come out with us:) Nice travels always!!

Absolutely the best hostel ever! We booked for three nights and stayed 6, couldn't leave. The staff are so great, best atmosphere, met heaps of cool people, its in the best area in granada too! I can't wait to come back and visit!

Great location in the middle of the Albaycin yet still easy to find. Staff was fantastic, offering a free tour and helping in a crisis (no way to charge camera before going to the Alhambra!!!!) It was a great place to meet other travelers and the dinner was yummy. Only downside: staff appeared at 8am so if you needed to check out before then or have breakfast before then you couldn't. Also the bathroom light was motion censored so if you showered early you'd end up in the dark

Great hostel! It is a bit tricky to find at first but it's actually close both to the city center and the best view points up the hill. The walking tour was really nice, we were very few to take it so it felt like walking around with friends! The common areas are perfect to relax and meet other travellers and the staff and volunteers are always around to help. The only thing that could be better is the bathroom, which I think is kind of small. I had a great experience, I definitely recommend it!

I booked three nights and stayed ten... The staff are all extremely cool and the guests that came and went during my ten days all seemed to be interesting travelers with a unique story to tell. The hostel is set in the Albayzin area of Granada; a labyrinth of charming, medieval cobbled streets with an equally endearing vibe in the air. Stay here by all means, but be warned - you may never want to leave.

Great hostel to chill and meet other travelers. Awesome hammocks, tree house, bar, kitchen. The bedrooms were neat, tidy and loads of fun climbing up to the top bunks (4 high)! Wifi is very average and the showers require you to keep pushing a button for them to stay on. The walking tour was an adventure but not particularly informative. The dinners were really good, delicious vege lasagna and salad.

« first « Prev 1 2 3