Makuto Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tiña 18, Granada, Spain

I wasn't overly impressed with this place. I liked the looks of it and the chilled out hippie vibe, but it was pretty dirty. The housekeeper will just but into your room without knocking, some of the front desk staff are rude (most are nice but there was one guy who said we couldn't check in until after the actual check in time and had us drop our bags and didn't invite us to stay and hang out or tell us anything around the area- in fact, he just tossed a map at me and left). Breakfast was good

The best hostel i´ve ever seen! The staff was so excellent! The free walk to the caves and going out in the night together was really nice! All guests were so relaxed, thank you for all that!

Good place to stay. Very friendly and helpful staff. Would recommend. Only down side is location a little difficult to find hostel.

I had the best time staying at makuto! The best hostel I have stayed in. Such amazing staff and so friendly. Great place to meet people. Would stay again in a heart beat.

Makuto was the perfect place to stay during our time in Granada. The staff was able to help answer all of our questions--restaurant recommendations, a day hike, and even took us on an amazing walking tour at night to explore the neighborhood and the cave houses above the city! We loved the treehouse and hammock areas too. Definitely the perfect place to relax and swap stories with fellow travelers. We will be back again soon.

No lockers inside the room and hard to find with the directions they give you, specially if you arrive late. Use google maps instead.

Loved staying in this hostel!! The staff were really friendly and helpful and the Hostel had a wonderful atmosphere making it a great place to stay!! I will definitely go back!!

• 27th Jun 2014

The atmosphere is very good, chilled. It s easy to meet people. The hostel is beautiful, the staff nice! The location is fine. Take in consideration that Granada is very hilly. I was happy that I was travelling with a backpack because with a suitcase you would have problems getting there...stairs, cobblestones... the busstation and trainstation are not in the center. You have to take a bus to Granada center.

the hostel is so cool!! we had the best time!!

• 23rd Jun 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Makuto! It was a bit tricky to find at first, but when we got there we were within walking distance of everything. The vibe there was so chilled out, everyone was super friendly (especially Tim!). Only downside was the small shared bathroom, with the push button showers. Other then that, can't complain!

• 22nd Jun 2014

Thank you very much for sharing the vibe in Makuto Hostel :) Hope you enjoy your travels!! Hugs from all of us

One of the best vibes from any hostel I've stayed in. You can tell there is constantly like minded friendly people going in and out of Makuto which rings throughout the hostel. Staff and guests absolutely made my stay. I would return in a heartbeat!

The staff were fantastic! Super helpful, super friendly. Angel is an angel!

We love you, girls!!!! Thank you!!!

Good place to stay at. It has a good staff and a cozy patio with a tree house. You have to hike up the hill to get to it but its a nice walk. Good place to take a siesta and close to bars where to get good Tapas. I recommend this place

Awesome hostel with a great atmosphere, the staff are very friendly and helpful, good common areas easy to meet people. You must try Adam's fairy bread its the height of Australian cuisine!

Makuto was a great place to meet a lot of fellow travelers, there are three separate "chill out zones", one has a bar and you can smoke hookah there too which is cool. The walking tour that they offered wasn't "official" or anything, but I liked it because it felt like you were just going on a walking adventure with friends. The lockers they have for you to keep your stuff aren't big enough for a normal sized backpack, so every one pretty much leaves their stuff on the floor in the rooms.

This place is absolutely amazing. We arrived after walking in the Granada heat for an hour. The lady at the reception gave us a friendly greeting and offered us a glass of water while we check in. Rather than having us stand at the counter for ten minute, one of her colleagues showed us where everything is. Then the next person sat down with us and showed us where to go on the map. (Where to find the best tapas etc...). The hostel has a tree house feel. Everyone is very social. An awesome place

I loved this place! Nice staff, good hangout earia. I stayed an extra night because I loved it! You realy need to check out this place!

Very friendly place to enjoy Granada

Great hostel! Excellent staff, awesome people and the atmosphere makes you feel like you're in a forest with good friends!

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in, the atmosphere is perfect, with the hamac, the treehouse, the bar and the chilling room! Perfect location also if you want to enjoy Granada. The staff members and the volonteers are doing a wonderfull job, especially Charles, Amy, Chiara, Edith, Kru and Lucas. Thanks a lot!

« first « Prev 1 2 3