Makuto Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tiña 18, Granada, Spain

Ah Makuto... a long time ago most hostels were like this - providing the venue for amazing people to stay and share experiences. When I was looking for a hostel in Granada, there were loads offering pub crawls and wild nights out. I can manage that myself thanks! Makuto is all about communal experience - as soon as you get there you have a whole new group of friends in the staff and the other guests. Only complaint is letting guests into the dorm to ditch their bags when people are still asleep!

This was my favorite hostel that I visited in Spain! The staff were incredibly knowledgeable and gave excellent recommendations, the hostel was comfortable, clean, relaxing and friendly. My only complaints are the lukewarm showers and the very weak wifi that went in and out in my room. Still worth visiting! And I wouldn't generally recommend a hostel with a poor shower so it says a lot.

Makuto was great! The hostel had a very fun atmosphere, great for young travelers. The staff was so helpful, and definitely went above and beyond to make sure our stay in Granada was great! They offer a lot to do through the hostel and will give you good deals on different activities. The location was pretty central, and the hostel was clean! I would definitely recommend staying at Makuto!

• 17th Apr 2015

the staff was very friendly and i loved the free walking tour!

The hostel has a great atmosphere, definitely a little hippy which was cool. We only stayed for one night, but the walking tour was great (although not sure if the guy leading the tour will be working there as he mentioned he may be moving on). Good location, we walked to all the main sights. Wout, you will be missed!

What a place. Had to warm up to it, but once I did, I never wanted to leave. Special love to faustine and Lucy They Made my stay an especially good time

I'm trying to think of a reason not to give this a 100% rating, but I can't! This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The staff is amazing, the rooms are adorable, and the facilities and atmosphere are unreal. There are 4-5 separate areas to hang out or get alone time. The hammocks and treehouse are amazing. Every night the staff cooks a delicious meal. This place definitely has a hippie vibe, but overall everyone is super friendly and awesome!

This hostel was nice, staff were friendly and helpful. location is amazing, bit of a hike to get to but can't beat the surroundings.

Best hostel I've been to by far. Great vibes and atmosphere makes everyone social. You could sit in the common area all day talking and meeting people. Highly recommend for solo travelers.

The location is great : it's near the city center, in a charming neighborhood. It feels like a village inside the town of Granada. The hostel itself is very nice. The beds are comfortable, the common area is great, with hammocks and such. The staff was super friendly, and I do recommend doing the free walking tour with them : the area we visited was really surprising. Great hostel all in all. I would definitely recommend going there.

Makuto was an, interesting, experience. It is definitely a haven for hippies, stoners & amateur musicians - so if that's your jam, this place is the spot. The facilities are clean, but a bit janky (you have to keep pushing a button for the water to run in the shower) and the staff members are all relatively new and probably not the best source for Granada information (the girl who gave our walking tour had been in Granada for 3 days). I wouldn't return, personally.

The staff was great and the atomosphere was everything we could've wanted from a hostel. Being located right in the heart of albacin was perfect.

My favourite city and hostel ever. This hostel will offer you more than a good experience. Amazing meals, walking tours and atmosphere. I miss everything about this place already and I just walked out the door. I'll miss the volunteer staff, who are super helpful and welcoming. Thanks For making my stay the best one yet!!

My friend and I stayed for one night and absolutely loved this place. We'll be returning to Makuto next time we're in Granada.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Northern Ireland

So incredible! All staff and volunteers were friendly, fun, and helpful. It felt like I was adopted into a quirky family that all live in a treehouse. They helped me walk home after the bar when I forgot my key, worked tirelessly to sort out my internet troubles that only I was having, taught me cooking, have an extreme walking tour, and gave endless advice and help for navigating Granada. The rooms are comfortable, the hostel friendly and with tons of spaces to relax and be quiet or socialize.

Best hostel I've stayed at by far!! Awesome atmosphere and everyone was incredibly welcoming. Definitely will be back.

I absolutely loved the city of Granada (probably my favorite city in Spain so far) and my stay at Makuto Hostel was a very positive complement to my amazing experience. It's in a great location (only about a 20 minute walk from anywhere you'd want to see), which may sound like a lot, but it goes by fast and allowed me to see the cute little winding roads and explore the beauty of the city. The staff was also very welcoming and very accommodating, and I had no issues at all with security. Great!

• 27th Feb 2015

I had a great time at Makuto. The staff was super friendly and helped me organize different activities. I had planned to stay 2 days, I ended up spending 7 days there! It has a super chilled vibe and it is a good place to go hiking / skiing (is also possible from here - The Sierra Nevada is close and pretty awesome). Granada has a nice hippie vibe... enjoy a great city!

This is an odd hostel and best caters to a certain type of traveller (hippie, stoner, wannabe musician types). Hard to find but actually in a great location in the historic area of town. The 3 bed bunkbeds kind of suck, not great sleeping. Not allowed to bring in outside alcohol because they have a bar, always very annoying. Staff was ok, the one guy who leads the crazy walking tours is amazing but no one else really added much. Personally wouldn't stay again but to each their own.

Great vibe. Good people. Good staff, very laid back atmosphere. The walking tours are a nice change aswell if you enjoy hiking

« first « Prev 1 2 3