Makuto Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tiña 18, Granada, Spain

Syrmo on reception was great - I was in a room by myself one night and she came to let me know some people were headed out for drinks if I wanted to join and on my last morning she came to make sure I was awake otherwise I would miss the bus to the airport which was very nice of her considering most hostels don't care what their guests are up to, let alone remember their travel plans! Would definitely recommend here! - not just for Syrmo but for the cool setup they have there!

BEST. HOSTEL. EVER!!!! I saw the pictures of the hammocks, and I was hooked. It's a beautiful hostel, and the outdoor area provides an awesome place to meet people. The walking tour was so much fun, and the staff were some of the friendliest people I've ever met.

It's a very funky place with an amazing layout, not too far from the city centre and walking distance from the Alhambra.

Wonderful atmosphere, staffed by very friendly people. Nel (good luck in public health, you'll be great!) gave an awesome walking tour taking us around places near the hostel and up into the caves for some amazing views and meeting some very cool people. Location is a little hard to find, directions are good if you follow them EXACTLY, pay very close attention to the buildings you're walking by. WiFi is good in common area, beds were clean, free toast and coffee in the morning was awesome.

• 1st Nov 2014

Staff brilliant extremely helpful. The is good the in hostel very pleasant; particularly solo travellers. The showers toilets very , although could potentially crowded the is full. Not able being into hostel a of a downer.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Spain

Push showers that last 30 seconds, the lights also cut out. The lockers are outside the rooms and if you leave your luggage after checking out it's just in the locker room so no security. Only certain beds have power outlets and they can be bunks four high. The rooms are clean and spacious though. The staff were helpful but kept saying they were taking people out each night and never did. Can't bring your own alcohol and meals were expensive there. Rooms have codes rather than keys.

Dear guest, sorry to read your review. We are doing our best to satisfy all our guests. If you had told us that you needed a locker till you left we would have given it to you. As for the staff, I am so sorry you missed our company on Saturday night, more than 15 people went out after midnight. Where were you?? Also, I don't think that 8 euros is expensive for a generous dish of homemade paella with a glass of sangría. Hope you come back one day and come out with us:) Nice travels always!!

Absolutely the best hostel ever! We booked for three nights and stayed 6, couldn't leave. The staff are so great, best atmosphere, met heaps of cool people, its in the best area in granada too! I can't wait to come back and visit!

Great location in the middle of the Albaycin yet still easy to find. Staff was fantastic, offering a free tour and helping in a crisis (no way to charge camera before going to the Alhambra!!!!) It was a great place to meet other travelers and the dinner was yummy. Only downside: staff appeared at 8am so if you needed to check out before then or have breakfast before then you couldn't. Also the bathroom light was motion censored so if you showered early you'd end up in the dark

Great hostel! It is a bit tricky to find at first but it's actually close both to the city center and the best view points up the hill. The walking tour was really nice, we were very few to take it so it felt like walking around with friends! The common areas are perfect to relax and meet other travellers and the staff and volunteers are always around to help. The only thing that could be better is the bathroom, which I think is kind of small. I had a great experience, I definitely recommend it!

I booked three nights and stayed ten... The staff are all extremely cool and the guests that came and went during my ten days all seemed to be interesting travelers with a unique story to tell. The hostel is set in the Albayzin area of Granada; a labyrinth of charming, medieval cobbled streets with an equally endearing vibe in the air. Stay here by all means, but be warned - you may never want to leave.

Great hostel to chill and meet other travelers. Awesome hammocks, tree house, bar, kitchen. The bedrooms were neat, tidy and loads of fun climbing up to the top bunks (4 high)! Wifi is very average and the showers require you to keep pushing a button for them to stay on. The walking tour was an adventure but not particularly informative. The dinners were really good, delicious vege lasagna and salad.

Best hostel I have ever stayed in! The atmosphere and staff were simply amazing. They really make you feel welcome and comfortable. The manager was busy at the desk when I arrived, so I was urged to get a coffee and sit in the courtyard with other guests rather than sit and wait my turn in reception. I met so many great people here and had such a great time. They cooked every evening, and organised walking tours and hiking trips. I couldn't have asked for more and I was really sad to leave.

The stuff wasn't very competent. The girl failed to recommend me any place to eat and just sent me to the city center, on the next day she gave me wrong directions to go to the science museum. Such basic things! Also, given that this is not the cheapest hostel in Granada a breakfast could be not just bread with margarine and jam. After 15 mins you are hungry again. I don't know about the astmosphere, but regarding services this hostel doesn't accord with the price.

This is a very good hostel - the common areas are interesting and comfortable, and it was easy to meet other travellers. The dinner was tasty and I can also recommend the free walking tour. However, don't book an 8-bed or a 10-bed dorm - it will be noisy. My room shared a ceiling with the corridor next to the room, which meant that every noise from the corridor could be heard in the room, and it was also next to the bathroom, from which I could hear every sound. There was also a lack of sockets.

Makuto is one of the bests hostels I've been...Amazing and helpful staff, good energy and lovely place! Wifi was a little bit annoying, but works... I truly recommend this place!

I had the most amazing time here. It's in a really beautiful area of Granada, the atmosphere was amazing, so chilled out and welcoming and the staff were fantastic. Thankyou so much, it was the best hostel experience I have had so far, and I will definitely be back!

Makuto is a very unique hostel, really cool atmosphere . If your into a true bohemian experience, this is the place to be.

Had an awesome stay at makuto, loved the hammocks. Had a really chilled out atmosphere and yummy family dinners!

I really enjoyed my stay here. All of the staff were lovely and very helpful. The inexpensive day trip to Sierra Nevada was incredible a must do! I would recommend this place to everyone, it is well located and is very social!

Such a good hostel!! Staff and everyone are so friendly, communal dinner is awesome and breakie included is always good, really chill vibe, awesome location, do the free night walk tour and day trip to Monachil!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3