Makuto Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tiña 18, Granada, Spain

Staying in Makuto made the Granada experience very special. Although The triple beds were extremely not convenient, I Loved the atmosphere the people and the common areas.

This is a great place, enjoyed my stay and would recommend. My only negative is that you offer terrible white wine while not allowing me to ourchase a decent one and drink it in the comfort of the gardens. Can see no logic in that at all except greed.

Makuto is the best hostel ever! I had so much fun there ALL the people are so amazing! I definetly come to Makuto again!

• 16th Aug 2015

Great atmosphere. Facilities lacking. Had to walk through the garden to get to the bathroom, triple bunks were inconvenient. Staff were very 'chill' but I found to the point it was unprofessional and unorganised. Great area with hammocks.

What a perfect little slice of heaven...! staff are great, even on their days off they will take you out to the Sierra Nevada hiking tour (highly recommended) the atmosphere is great, cheap drinks, homemade dinner available every night, it's the hippies dream! I extended my stay 2 nights as did many others staying there too, I'm in love with Makuto, will be back!

Instant happy feeling when you are staying at this hostel. Absolutely loved this place. Great activities, lovely staff, and perfect location!

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Belgium

The good side of this hostel is the stuff are amazing there, very helpful easy going and friendly. But! As a global traveler- yes I've been around 40 countries, I've never stay in a place with almost 30 guests sharing only 2 shower place. And it's FAR from the your bed. Epically in the morning, on the way to shower, I hate holding my tower travel though the garden the kitchen with all the people with my messy look. Ok! If you are a backpacker no have any standard for living, maybe fine for u.

Second time staying here and it's literally my favorite hostel on the planet. Staff is amazing, drinks are cheap, and water guns are the best thing in the summer. Walking tours and the mini pub crawl are fun too. Just wish they had AC! I'll be back!

Really lovely chilled out atmosphere with hammocks and people playing music in the courtyard. Staff and guests all lovely. Walking tour to caves and look it of Alhambra was great :)

Really nice hostel and atmosphere. The staff is superfriendly and they offer a lot of activities, so it's a great place to go if you're travelling alone. The only problem was the heat. Granada is superhot and in the bigger dormrooms it can be really hard to fall asleep as there's no airconditioning.

Lovely staff, lovely backpackers, lovely city, lovely atmosphere.... just loved it!!!

If you are looking for a great location and crowd then this is the place to stay. But if cleanliness and space is important to you then you may want to re-think. I stayed in a 7-bed mixed dorm room. There 4 bunks on one side and 3 on other. There was barely any room to rest your bags (I had just on carry-on). For a solo-travelers this is a cool place meet travelers. The hostel has a small bar, hang-out area with hammocks. They have dinners, arrange hikes in Serra Nevada. The staff is cool.

Best hostel I've stayed in

Very friendly and helpful staff

The place has great staff, all so nice and helpful. Minimal facilities, rooms are cramped and beds are uncomfortable. I stayed both here and at oasis backpackers in a previous trip to Granada and Oasis is a much better go, cheaper too.

Really nice hostel! In the heart of the Albaicin ! Nice staff ! We recommand it without hesitation :)

Great place to relax and get a unique take on Granada. They hook you up with all the information you need to check out the sites, but offer much more of a local look at the city as well. Be sure to check out the all-day excursion/hike and the walking tour to the caves on the hill.

• 12th Jul 2015

This place is amazing for it's treehouse and hammocks. There is so much to look at, from their tiki bar to the chill out room with different guitars and ukeleles. The tour into the caves on the outskirts on the city was life-changing for me, a must do and it's free! Very easy to meet people here but be warned, this place is a little dirty w/o AC. My bed linen was covered with random hairs as was my friend's. It was well-worth dealing with for everything else though. I'd recommend it to a friend!

Going to be honest, not every part of this place is 10/10 but the vibes of it more than make up for whatever few shortcomings it has, and as a package it is an 11.5/10 at least

The people I met at Makuto were amazing, the set up of the hostel (bar, dinner, and free walking tour) creates a very nice social environment. The actual facilities of the hostel were ok. For me, I didn't like that lockers were outside of the room and once you check out there isn't really a secure place for your bags. Finally the rooms did not have air conditioning and some were quite cramped.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5