Makuto Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tiña 18, Granada, Spain

The location is great : it's near the city center, in a charming neighborhood. It feels like a village inside the town of Granada. The hostel itself is very nice. The beds are comfortable, the common area is great, with hammocks and such. The staff was super friendly, and I do recommend doing the free walking tour with them : the area we visited was really surprising. Great hostel all in all. I would definitely recommend going there.

Makuto was an, interesting, experience. It is definitely a haven for hippies, stoners & amateur musicians - so if that's your jam, this place is the spot. The facilities are clean, but a bit janky (you have to keep pushing a button for the water to run in the shower) and the staff members are all relatively new and probably not the best source for Granada information (the girl who gave our walking tour had been in Granada for 3 days). I wouldn't return, personally.

The staff was great and the atomosphere was everything we could've wanted from a hostel. Being located right in the heart of albacin was perfect.

My favourite city and hostel ever. This hostel will offer you more than a good experience. Amazing meals, walking tours and atmosphere. I miss everything about this place already and I just walked out the door. I'll miss the volunteer staff, who are super helpful and welcoming. Thanks For making my stay the best one yet!!

My friend and I stayed for one night and absolutely loved this place. We'll be returning to Makuto next time we're in Granada.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Northern Ireland

So incredible! All staff and volunteers were friendly, fun, and helpful. It felt like I was adopted into a quirky family that all live in a treehouse. They helped me walk home after the bar when I forgot my key, worked tirelessly to sort out my internet troubles that only I was having, taught me cooking, have an extreme walking tour, and gave endless advice and help for navigating Granada. The rooms are comfortable, the hostel friendly and with tons of spaces to relax and be quiet or socialize.

Best hostel I've stayed at by far!! Awesome atmosphere and everyone was incredibly welcoming. Definitely will be back.

I absolutely loved the city of Granada (probably my favorite city in Spain so far) and my stay at Makuto Hostel was a very positive complement to my amazing experience. It's in a great location (only about a 20 minute walk from anywhere you'd want to see), which may sound like a lot, but it goes by fast and allowed me to see the cute little winding roads and explore the beauty of the city. The staff was also very welcoming and very accommodating, and I had no issues at all with security. Great!

• 27th Feb 2015

This is an odd hostel and best caters to a certain type of traveller (hippie, stoner, wannabe musician types). Hard to find but actually in a great location in the historic area of town. The 3 bed bunkbeds kind of suck, not great sleeping. Not allowed to bring in outside alcohol because they have a bar, always very annoying. Staff was ok, the one guy who leads the crazy walking tours is amazing but no one else really added much. Personally wouldn't stay again but to each their own.

Great vibe. Good people. Good staff, very laid back atmosphere. The walking tours are a nice change aswell if you enjoy hiking

I love Makuto! It is in the best location in Granada, the staff is beyond wonderful and the atmosphere was perfect. This is truly a gem of a hostel that makes you feel like a kid at sleep-away camp. The hostel itself is very funky (in a good way). It has a great kitchen with everything you need to make food, or you can eat the amazing dinners they have there for only 6euro. I will be back to this place for sure!

- Room was very small for the amount of beds and people in there - three beds on top of each other - > not enough space

Hello! Sorry that you found our 8 -10 bed dorm small :( (you booked our cheapest dorm option) Next time I would recommend you to make your reservation in a dorm with lower capacity (less people more space) so you can enjoy more room for you. A shame you did not have enough time to enjoy our big outside garden and Makuto's common areas. Happy travels.

I felt very much home at Makuto! Great location, nice decoration, friendly staff, delicious food for dinner offered for a small price, free breakfast, good walking tour, fast Wifi, plenty of little corners to escape to if you DON'T want to interact with other guests, very much values for money!

• 26th Jan 2015

Thanks for your review of Makuto Guesthouse Backpackers Hostel. We take reviews of all our hostels very seriously. I am extremely please that people are recommending us and that we are getting guests due to good word of mouth. I am very happy that you have had such a great time. Thanks again for spreading the word and all the best from all Makuto Hostel Team :)

More hostels should adopt hsving a dinner for a cheaper price in the hostel, like you guys do. Staff was friendly, and the walking tour was great!

What a great review! thank you very much we really appreciate it. We are very happy that you have had such a great time. I am glad that you found our staff very friendly and helpful. We work hard to be as friendly and competitively priced as we can with a location, in the heart of the Albaicin, that is unbeatable. I am glad you had time to enjoy some of our free activities like our daily free walking tour and our tasty dinners. Thanks again for spreading the word. All the best from Makuto :)

Great great hostel, I really loved it! So nice staff, great facilities with relaxing atmosphere and location right in the city center. People were super Friendly and extremely quick to respond requests. Nothing but good things to say!

• 19th Jan 2015

Thank you so much for your comments!. Hope you could make it on time to Algeciras to take the ferry. We will wait for you at Makuto after your trip to Morocco with a mojito ;)

Location - The hostel is in a great location in Albaicin. Staff - nice and helpful. Cleanliness - ok Rooms - regular dorms, nothing special Nice free walking tour to see the sunset around Albaicin All in all, I think its a solid hostel

Thank you for the time you have taken to write your review. All feedback is most welcome and we always take on board what our guests say about us. Makuto is a hostel with lots of character, clean, friendly and cheap, with some great features like our amazing tree house, free wifi, hammocks, chill out area and friendly staff. Glad you enjoy the amazing sunset in Makuto's daily free Walking Tour :) and our magnificent location Thanks again for your review and all the best for the future.

Too be honest it looked great when viewing on Hostel world but upon arriving that quickly changed. The majority of staff werent that friendly. When we first got there and went to our room, someone else had taken our bed and this was never resolved. Things were forgotton when asked for just not cared about, couldnt even print off anything for us. Wifi was average could only access this in the outside bar area, which in the winter is freezing. Breakfast was average in a small cramped kitchen.

We are very sorry that your experienced at Makuto was not satisfactory :( We have taken into consideration your feedback: printing services are now available for guest and we have installed a new powerful router that provides strong Wifi connection in all hostel areas (also inside the rooms and in each corner of the outside patio). We offer a basic breakfast, included in the price, but for a low price you can upgrade it with eggs, cereals and fresh fruits. Maybe next time. Happy travels

Makuto is a wonderful hostel. Right in the middle of the historic Albaicin. So, it's easy to get lost while you are looking for the hostel. But, I don't mind. That is exactly what I wanted to happen anyway. Everything about the hostel is great, except the push button showers, which I found unusual (but they work just fine!!). Special mention for the staff at Makuto. They are all amazing people, specially Syrmo. If I come back to Granada, I will go back to Makuto.

What a great review! thank you very much we really appreciate it. I am very happy that you have had such a great time. I am glad that you found our staff very friendly and helpful. We work hard to be as friendly and competitively priced as we can with a location, in the heart of the Albaicin, that is unbeatable. I hope you also had time to enjoy some of our free activities like our free walking tour, movie nights, mojito´s happy hour party, guitars, games,... Thanks again for spreading the word

Really nice atmosphere. Staff always very nice and attentive.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Spain

Maybe the time of the year was not perfect, everything seemed to be a little bit neglected, not too clean, the internet was breaking down all the time and the food you can order at the hostel wasn't tasty. But i'm sure the place could be a nice stay in summer, with more travelers around

« first « Prev 1 2 3