Makuto Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tiña 18, Granada, Spain

Probably the est Hostel ive ever been to.

This place is the BEST!!! Set up to be super social, comfortable and inviting! Really!! Everything either on purpose or accident just creates a welcoming and friendly environment, tiki-ish bar in a central hang out area, next to a tree fort and the kitchen. The staff really cares about whether or not your transportation is going to work out and a free city tour every night. Don't stay here if you don't like meeting people and having a good time with new friends.

Best Hostel ever, hands down. Great atmosphere, friendly staff and community vibe. Showers are hot, kitchen is great, wifi works (could be stronger) but overall my favorite on my trip so far. I will definitely be back.

Perfect! Great location, awesome people, fantastic vibes. Stayed in the 4-bed ensuite, gorgeous room and bathroom, always clean. Superfriendly staff and volunteers. Been to a couple of hostels already but this one is definitely a highlight.

Literally one of the coolest hostels I´ve ever stayed at. Hammocks, a tree house, need I say more? Only down fall was the middle bunk on the triple bunk bed. No bueno. Also the room I was in didn´t have windows so it was HOT at night. But overall, I would say the experience was pretty great.

I spent 8 days at this wonderful hostal, with my 13 year old daughter. The atmosphere is really nice and cozy, often with life guitar music and singing. Kitchen is exceptional clean, spacious and well equiped. The staff at the reception, Alberto, Joanna and Zirmo (sorry don't know how to spell your name) is unheard off...so extremely helpfull, fun and knowledgable.! I loved them all,and give some extra points to Zirmo, what a wonderful woman you are! And Joanna for your language skills etc.

Awesome place, good for a couple of nights, but no more. Tight quarters and everyone in one bathroom. Syill had an amazing time though!!

This is the place you should stay in Granada. It was recommended to us by friends and we were not disappointed. The location (although you need to walk up a hill) is in a beautiful area right on the street with all the bodegas, all of the staff is so friendly and knowledgable, the atmostphere is amazing (three hamocks and three hours of laying in the sunshine/breeze), and they have plenty of other spaces to hangout and relax (did I mention the tree fort?). Great value for money!

Makuto backpackers is a great place to stay when in Granada, probably the best. The garden is lovely; shaded, verdant and with hammocks. Staff is super friendly and helpful and the rooms are comfortable and cool, temperature wise. The location is amazing, right in the heart of old Albaicin but very quiet and peaceful. Keep up the good work Makuto!

Wow, this place was incredible. The minute you walk into this hostel you get a feeling that you are in a family atmosphere. All facilities are great including the very comfortable beds and clean showers. Met some amazing people here who all seemed to play guitar which let us have a few jams. Recommend this hostel to people who want to feel very comfortable in a convenient location in Granada.

I loved the friend staff! They were always available and very helpful. They gave me a tour of the hostel, walked me to my room, gave me suggestions on what to do, told me how to get to the bus station, and were always there to answer questions (or offer tea and water).

• 2nd May 2015

This hostel is perfect. Granada is an amazing city and Makuto is the best way to experience it. Staff are super friendly, atmosphere chilled out much like the city itself. Great location in the heart of the Albazin. Loved it so much I will be back at the end of June! Lots of love from Tim from Aus!

• 28th Apr 2015

A great place with a phantastic atmosphere - perfect for relaxing. Many thx for the great evening walk to Sacremonte and the excellent cooking!

Ah Makuto... a long time ago most hostels were like this - providing the venue for amazing people to stay and share experiences. When I was looking for a hostel in Granada, there were loads offering pub crawls and wild nights out. I can manage that myself thanks! Makuto is all about communal experience - as soon as you get there you have a whole new group of friends in the staff and the other guests. Only complaint is letting guests into the dorm to ditch their bags when people are still asleep!

This was my favorite hostel that I visited in Spain! The staff were incredibly knowledgeable and gave excellent recommendations, the hostel was comfortable, clean, relaxing and friendly. My only complaints are the lukewarm showers and the very weak wifi that went in and out in my room. Still worth visiting! And I wouldn't generally recommend a hostel with a poor shower so it says a lot.

If its your first trip to Granada, then youre in for a treat for it is a magical place and the area you want to stay in is the Albaicin..The hostel location is perfect, far enough up the hill you are away from the hustle and bustle of the main town, but not so far up it kills your legs! Great staff, great facilities comfy beds and lovely ambience . A really nice place to hang out, it has a lovely relaxing social enviroment to meet other travellers. Gorgeous and homely! top marks!! thankyou!!

• 19th Apr 2015

Room was nice and clean, the communal areas were small but nicely decorated. The kitchen was well equipped and the breakfast (toast, orange juice and hot drinks) was sufficient. My only problem was that the toilets and showers were all in one small room so it wasn't the nicest of bathrooms!

• 17th Apr 2015

Makuto was great! The hostel had a very fun atmosphere, great for young travelers. The staff was so helpful, and definitely went above and beyond to make sure our stay in Granada was great! They offer a lot to do through the hostel and will give you good deals on different activities. The location was pretty central, and the hostel was clean! I would definitely recommend staying at Makuto!

• 17th Apr 2015

the staff was very friendly and i loved the free walking tour!

The hostel has a great atmosphere, definitely a little hippy which was cool. We only stayed for one night, but the walking tour was great (although not sure if the guy leading the tour will be working there as he mentioned he may be moving on). Good location, we walked to all the main sights. Wout, you will be missed!

« first « Prev 1 2 3