Makuto Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tiña 18, Granada, Spain

The hostel does have a very hippie vibe, as do many people who stay here. There is only one washroom with three showers and three toilets for the whole hostel, which I think is quite terrible, but then again, I never had to wait for a toilet or shower. Breakfast is good enough and cheap. The staff are nice and helpful, and the neighborhood is absolutely gorgeous - though it has lots of steep hills. There's a bus stop very close to the hostel for when you can't walk up those hills anymore!

Great hostel in the best part of town. No complaints at all, just to warn most bunks are 3 tiers but that doesnt bother me. The hammocks and treehouse provide good hangouts and the staff are lovely. Would Makuto again in a heartbeat, its a long walk uphill but the reward is worth it.

Highly recommend

Very cool hostel with a great atmosphere and awesome staff. One of the best hostel experiences I've had and in a great city.

Bad hostel. Internet does not work at all and the bunk beds are very small and hard to get into. Staff was not very attentive regarding the internet and told me after 3 days of telling me they would fix the internet that the internet was always poor in the neighborhood. However, upon switching hostels to Oasis hostel in the same neighborhood I discovered Oasis was much much better and in the same centric neighborhood with great internet and better facilities.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at so far! Super chill atmosphere, and the hammocks were great! I got there early in the morning with a swollen foot and they let me nap in the hammocks and gave me ice for the foot. Super nice and friendly staff and they offer so many activities! Lots of friendly people staying there as well, the atmosphere was very social. I wasn't too happy that they don't allow outside alcohol, but they had a cheap bar anyhow so it worked.

Lovely staff! Will return to this hostel because of their kindness! Location was great for the free walking tour and great views of the city, however following the maps directions to the hostel could be a bit confusing.

Once again my stay at Makuto didn't let me down. A special place....

The walking tour was amazing and so much fun. They also have a bar at the hostel and do dinners for 6/7 euros. The hostel is more of a cabin, meaning you are in a more outdoorsy environment. The walls are not all the way up so you can hear everything. The staff leaves at 12 so if there is any partying after that, it's not monitored. Staff is incredible! They were super accommodating and gave great recommendations on sites, restaurants and activities.

I had so much fun here, it was hard to leave. Makuto is a short uphill walk from the main city center into the Albaicin (a UNESCO world heritage site), but so definitely worth it. The staff is amazing and super involved with making your stay as enjoyable as possible. I highly recommend taking their walking tour, especially to Sacromonte. The hostel itself has a very unique personality of its own complete with an awesome courtyard, hammocks, and a nice kitchen space. I can't wait to go back.

Loved this hostel, will definitely return and would love to be a volunteer! Only downside was internet was very slow

The common areas and location and atmosphere are possibly the coolest place I have experienced in a long time! The walking tour is awesome and the stay in Granada at Makuto is definitely the best. However the rooms are too squishy which made it uneasy to be certain that all of your things were secure.

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience in Granada and Makuto! The atmosphere in Makuto is probably the best in town, the patio, the hammocks, the tree house are one of the pooints that invite you to relax and meet other travelers and socialize. Security is not an issue as each person has a locker and every dorm has a security code to enter. However, next time we will upgrade your reservation to a more spacious dorm :) Nice travels!

Wow! It was one of my best experience in a hostel in a long time. I couldn't believe that I was very close to everything. When I walked in I was greeted in Spanish and asked if I wanted to speak Spanish or English. I choose Spanish. It was easier sent my mindset. The staff were amazing. I felt like I was at home there. The people were amazing too! Thanks for having me and I would recommend this hostel. Muchas gracias por todo los trabajadores en Makuto! Fue un gran placer para quedarme allá!

The 2 nights stay me and my friend had here is AWESOME and AMAZING. The staff here were so nice, welcoming, cheerful and helpful. They help us out in guiding route, booking and recommendations. The room we had is for 6 people - the bed is quite good quality. The environment is quiet so sleep were relatively good. The free walking tour offered by the hostel is relatively knowledable and interesting - stunning view

Loved this place! Such a great, relaxed atmosphere and eveyone we met was so lovely. Would definitely recommend the walking tour as well. A really good experience!

Probably the est Hostel ive ever been to.

This place is the BEST!!! Set up to be super social, comfortable and inviting! Really!! Everything either on purpose or accident just creates a welcoming and friendly environment, tiki-ish bar in a central hang out area, next to a tree fort and the kitchen. The staff really cares about whether or not your transportation is going to work out and a free city tour every night. Don't stay here if you don't like meeting people and having a good time with new friends.

Thank you thank you thank you :) You managed to describe Makuto as it is just in few sentences... Makuto inspires a community vibe and we are lucky to open our door to open-hearted travelers like you, travelers who feel the vibe and become part of it. This helps us conserve our spirit and with no doubt get closer to each one of you trying to help you with any necessity or specific information during and after your stay. We wish you happy travels and thank you again!

Best Hostel ever, hands down. Great atmosphere, friendly staff and community vibe. Showers are hot, kitchen is great, wifi works (could be stronger) but overall my favorite on my trip so far. I will definitely be back.

Such a nice review..thank you SO much!!! It's not only Makuto and the staff but it's also you who made your stay amazing, you felt the vibe and you became part of it. We might see you again in November...or earlier?? ;) Granada is calling you!!! Till then, we hope your stay in London is productive and full of nice surprises :) Lots of love

Love your free tour! Will come again!

Perfect! Great location, awesome people, fantastic vibes. Stayed in the 4-bed ensuite, gorgeous room and bathroom, always clean. Superfriendly staff and volunteers. Been to a couple of hostels already but this one is definitely a highlight.