Makuto Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tiña 18, Granada, Spain

Good hostel that is in a prime location in the city. You can walk to many of the attractions and enjoy the local area. Overall an enjoyable stay. Would recommend.

Everyone here was so lovely from the moment I walked through the door. One of the best vibes from any hostel I have stayed at. My only negative would be that the fans in the rooms did not work and as it gets soooooo hot that made life pretty exhausting. Otherwise awesome.

Had the best stay at mukato hostel! The set out of the place is beautiful, creates a really friendly atmosphere. Daily activities organized help you explore the place and staff are friendly amd helpful! Was a big part of my Granada experience .

• 24th Jul 2014

I absolutely loved my stay at Makuto. I highly recommend this hostel if you are a solo traveller like myself. Friendly staff, very chill vibe. Everyone is there for the same reason. Plenty of activities offered by the hostel including, hikes, sierra Navada, walking tours, bar crawl, walking tours and a "family" dinner every night. One of my favourite hostels, I will be back forsure.

stayed 3 days and could have stayed twice as long!

I wasn't overly impressed with this place. I liked the looks of it and the chilled out hippie vibe, but it was pretty dirty. The housekeeper will just but into your room without knocking, some of the front desk staff are rude (most are nice but there was one guy who said we couldn't check in until after the actual check in time and had us drop our bags and didn't invite us to stay and hang out or tell us anything around the area- in fact, he just tossed a map at me and left). Breakfast was good

I had a lovely time in Granada, and I loved this litle, very charming and social hostel. My first choice when i return to Granada - which I will for sure!

The best hostel i´ve ever seen! The staff was so excellent! The free walk to the caves and going out in the night together was really nice! All guests were so relaxed, thank you for all that!

Good place to stay. Very friendly and helpful staff. Would recommend. Only down side is location a little difficult to find hostel.

I had the best time staying at makuto! The best hostel I have stayed in. Such amazing staff and so friendly. Great place to meet people. Would stay again in a heart beat.

What a beautiful hostel!! The common area with the hamacs, the trees and the little bar was so cute and peaceful. The staff were perfect, they make me feel at home and the were very welcoming. It was my first trip alone and it's a perfect place to meet people. One of the best hostel of my trip.

Makuto was the perfect place to stay during our time in Granada. The staff was able to help answer all of our questions--restaurant recommendations, a day hike, and even took us on an amazing walking tour at night to explore the neighborhood and the cave houses above the city! We loved the treehouse and hammock areas too. Definitely the perfect place to relax and swap stories with fellow travelers. We will be back again soon.

No lockers inside the room and hard to find with the directions they give you, specially if you arrive late. Use google maps instead.

Loved staying in this hostel!! The staff were really friendly and helpful and the Hostel had a wonderful atmosphere making it a great place to stay!! I will definitely go back!!

• 27th Jun 2014

The atmosphere is very good, chilled. It s easy to meet people. The hostel is beautiful, the staff nice! The location is fine. Take in consideration that Granada is very hilly. I was happy that I was travelling with a backpack because with a suitcase you would have problems getting there...stairs, cobblestones... the busstation and trainstation are not in the center. You have to take a bus to Granada center.

the hostel is so cool!! we had the best time!!

• 23rd Jun 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Makuto! It was a bit tricky to find at first, but when we got there we were within walking distance of everything. The vibe there was so chilled out, everyone was super friendly (especially Tim!). Only downside was the small shared bathroom, with the push button showers. Other then that, can't complain!

Thank you very much for sharing the vibe in Makuto Hostel :) Hope you enjoy your travels!! Hugs from all of us

One of the best vibes from any hostel I've stayed in. You can tell there is constantly like minded friendly people going in and out of Makuto which rings throughout the hostel. Staff and guests absolutely made my stay. I would return in a heartbeat!

The staff were fantastic! Super helpful, super friendly. Angel is an angel!

We love you, girls!!!! Thank you!!!

Good place to stay at. It has a good staff and a cozy patio with a tree house. You have to hike up the hill to get to it but its a nice walk. Good place to take a siesta and close to bars where to get good Tapas. I recommend this place