Makuto Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tiña 18, Granada, Spain

Location - The hostel is in a great location in Albaicin. Staff - nice and helpful. Cleanliness - ok Rooms - regular dorms, nothing special Nice free walking tour to see the sunset around Albaicin All in all, I think its a solid hostel

Thank you for the time you have taken to write your review. All feedback is most welcome and we always take on board what our guests say about us. Makuto is a hostel with lots of character, clean, friendly and cheap, with some great features like our amazing tree house, free wifi, hammocks, chill out area and friendly staff. Glad you enjoy the amazing sunset in Makuto's daily free Walking Tour :) and our magnificent location Thanks again for your review and all the best for the future.

Too be honest it looked great when viewing on Hostel world but upon arriving that quickly changed. The majority of staff werent that friendly. When we first got there and went to our room, someone else had taken our bed and this was never resolved. Things were forgotton when asked for just not cared about, couldnt even print off anything for us. Wifi was average could only access this in the outside bar area, which in the winter is freezing. Breakfast was average in a small cramped kitchen.

We are very sorry that your experienced at Makuto was not satisfactory :( We have taken into consideration your feedback: printing services are now available for guest and we have installed a new powerful router that provides strong Wifi connection in all hostel areas (also inside the rooms and in each corner of the outside patio). We offer a basic breakfast, included in the price, but for a low price you can upgrade it with eggs, cereals and fresh fruits. Maybe next time. Happy travels

Makuto is a wonderful hostel. Right in the middle of the historic Albaicin. So, it's easy to get lost while you are looking for the hostel. But, I don't mind. That is exactly what I wanted to happen anyway. Everything about the hostel is great, except the push button showers, which I found unusual (but they work just fine!!). Special mention for the staff at Makuto. They are all amazing people, specially Syrmo. If I come back to Granada, I will go back to Makuto.

What a great review! thank you very much we really appreciate it. I am very happy that you have had such a great time. I am glad that you found our staff very friendly and helpful. We work hard to be as friendly and competitively priced as we can with a location, in the heart of the Albaicin, that is unbeatable. I hope you also had time to enjoy some of our free activities like our free walking tour, movie nights, mojito´s happy hour party, guitars, games,... Thanks again for spreading the word

Really nice atmosphere. Staff always very nice and attentive.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Spain

Maybe the time of the year was not perfect, everything seemed to be a little bit neglected, not too clean, the internet was breaking down all the time and the food you can order at the hostel wasn't tasty. But i'm sure the place could be a nice stay in summer, with more travelers around

It was cold while we were there, I bet this place is fantastic in the warmer months!

This hostel had a good location, easy to walk to the Arab markets below or to the Albaycin nearby. I thankfully had a bed closer to the ground but many of the rooms had beds built on top of each other so that a person may have to climb a ladder almost to the ceiling to reach their bed. I like that they offer a free walking tour everyday at 5pm. As for facilities, the bathroom had a limited amount of showers and toilets, and there were no hooks in the rooms so it made it difficult to hang stuff.

Thanks for your comments and choosing Makuto Hostel to stay in Granada. We are glad that you liked our daily free walking tour through Albaicin and Sacromonte. We work hard to be as friendly and competitively priced as we can with a location, in the heart of the Albaicin, that is unbeatable. We have taken into consideration your suggestion about more hooks in the rooms and have placed extra ones. Best from all Makuto Guesthouse Team :)

worst wifi in spain

Sorry your experience at Makuto was not what you expected, I think you were looking for a party hostel an we like party but we also have a big respect for other guest rest. We have installed a brand new powerful router to overcome past Wifi problems since we know how important is to have a reliable Internet connection while traveling. With a 20 Mb connection we enjoy a super fast response right now. Wish you happy travels :)

We paid for an 8bed dorm and had 10 people in it. The beds were so high it was difficult to get in and out of especially with the wooden slats across the roof. There was a lot of noise on night about 5am, people in the showers speaking very loudly. There was not enough room in the rooms for everyone luggage and the lockers are too small to store main luggage. The staff however were great(Alain and Alejandra?! In particular). The bar was a little pricy, but created a nice atmosphere at night.

• 3rd Dec 2014

Stayed 3 Nights. Enjoyed my stay. Amazing location in the Albaicin area. Good rooms with great kitchen and bathroom facilities. Wifi is poor - connection is extremely variable and dropouts are frequent. Very little atmosphere while I stayed there. There were more volunteer staff than patrons staying at the hostel (it was midweek low season) and the staff interact with each other mostly. Front desk staff are lovely and helpful.

Great hostel, very well ran! lots of steep hills though! but worth it for the location and views!

This hostel was OK. It is kinda off the beaten path. If you don't mind walking with all your luggage up a huge hill with cobblestone. The other option is to taxi there which is a little better but another cost! It's about a 20 minute walk to the center and directions were not very clear on how to get there. I will say, the staff was exceptional and very friendly! There were also tons of travellers to meet here. But the rooms were definitely "different". Just be careful, that's all.

Thank you for the time you have taken to write your review. Thank you for you for your kind words about our staff. To get to the hostel, for the first time, you can either walk from Plaza Nueva (10 min) or take a minibus that drops you 50 meter from the hostel. No need to take a taxi. Sorry directions were not clear for you. We are in Granada's old quarter and streets are as magic as labyrinthine. We provide our guest with a detailed free map :) All the best from all Makuto Guesthouse Team

1 2 3 Next » last »