Makuto Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tiña 18, Granada, Spain

We really enjoyed our stay at Makuto! It was a bit tricky to find at first, but when we got there we were within walking distance of everything. The vibe there was so chilled out, everyone was super friendly (especially Tim!). Only downside was the small shared bathroom, with the push button showers. Other then that, can't complain!

Thank you very much for sharing the vibe in Makuto Hostel :) Hope you enjoy your travels!! Hugs from all of us

One of the best vibes from any hostel I've stayed in. You can tell there is constantly like minded friendly people going in and out of Makuto which rings throughout the hostel. Staff and guests absolutely made my stay. I would return in a heartbeat!

The staff were fantastic! Super helpful, super friendly. Angel is an angel!

We love you, girls!!!! Thank you!!!

Good place to stay at. It has a good staff and a cozy patio with a tree house. You have to hike up the hill to get to it but its a nice walk. Good place to take a siesta and close to bars where to get good Tapas. I recommend this place

Great staff - I left my shoes there months ago and they kept them for me to be picked up by a courier when I came back to Spain. Great atmosphere and easy to meet people. Only thing is the walking tour is not good... It's literally just walking and no facts/local knowledge/history...

Awesome hostel with a great atmosphere, the staff are very friendly and helpful, good common areas easy to meet people. You must try Adam's fairy bread its the height of Australian cuisine!

Makuto was a great place to meet a lot of fellow travelers, there are three separate "chill out zones", one has a bar and you can smoke hookah there too which is cool. The walking tour that they offered wasn't "official" or anything, but I liked it because it felt like you were just going on a walking adventure with friends. The lockers they have for you to keep your stuff aren't big enough for a normal sized backpack, so every one pretty much leaves their stuff on the floor in the rooms.

This place is absolutely amazing. We arrived after walking in the Granada heat for an hour. The lady at the reception gave us a friendly greeting and offered us a glass of water while we check in. Rather than having us stand at the counter for ten minute, one of her colleagues showed us where everything is. Then the next person sat down with us and showed us where to go on the map. (Where to find the best tapas etc...). The hostel has a tree house feel. Everyone is very social. An awesome place

I loved this place! Nice staff, good hangout earia. I stayed an extra night because I loved it! You realy need to check out this place!

Very friendly place to enjoy Granada

Really good hostel for solo travellers. Makuto has an awesome atmosphere and a really cool court yard that promotes socialising with other guests. The hostel is located in the Albaicin district, the best part of Granada just minutes from several of the best miradors (view points) of the Alhambra. The staff are amazing and always happy to take the guests out for some fun after work. The free walking tours take you to parts of Granada you have never been.

Great hostel! Excellent staff, awesome people and the atmosphere makes you feel like you're in a forest with good friends!

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in, the atmosphere is perfect, with the hamac, the treehouse, the bar and the chilling room! Perfect location also if you want to enjoy Granada. The staff members and the volonteers are doing a wonderfull job, especially Charles, Amy, Chiara, Edith, Kru and Lucas. Thanks a lot!

It's a really weird place. Hippie and not clean. The atmosphere is strange.

Stay at Makuto. Incredible staff, great location, amazing common area. Makuto will make Granada amazing.

This hostel is the best. The atmsphere here is ethereal. The staff is so much fun, they are actually part of the party. And don't forget those amazing Mojitos. The common garden is ideal for meeting new friends. The Treehouse is also great for exchanging deep words or just to lie in the hot sun. Thank you Makuto! Don't ever lose your Vibe.

What can i say? This was the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. I made friends there and it was great fun, amd very comfortable. If you're on a backpacker's budget it may seem a teeny bit pricey but everything they offer makes it totally worth it. Heaven! the guest computer could use an update but that is the only criticism, which i think most people can cope with! lovely lovely lovely :-):-):-)xx

• 14th May 2014

Good place, but incredibly complicated to find. The bathrooms are shared between both males and females. The atmosphere is great but a lot of people smoke cigarettes and weed in the outdoor common area...

Great atmosphere, everyone was really helpful, placed was packed but it was fun... mmm on the downside no hot water in the morning

Wonderful place! Loved the hammocks, the bar and the common area, which makes it super easy to meet fellow travelers.