Makuto Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tiña 18, Granada, Spain

1929 Total Reviews

Makuto was awesome!! The hostel in itself is beautiful, very cool with all the hammocks, the gardens and the little bar shack! The workers there are also great, always willing to chat, and the free walking tour is so cool, and very different from the other ones! The hostel is all about chill vibes. We will definitely stay there again if we go back to Granada.

This hostel is all about social experience

Leaving the hostel to go and explore the beautiful sights of Granada is genuinely difficult when you are staying in such a lovely place. I've spent hours lounging around the courtyard in the middle of the hostel - chatting to strangers, chilling with the staff, having a drink and a smoke, listening to Joaquin's guitar playing... I've never felt so at home, cosy and among friends. And I am travelling alone! I'm actually sitting in Makuto right now - ended up doubling my stay here :)

Super cool hostel with a sweet vibe going on. Everyone there is incredibly friendly and I wish I could have stayed longer!!

Staff were nice but seemed uninformed about the area, didn't answer questions such as where to purchase bus tickets or the population of Granada. "Walking tour" was not informative it was just a walk. It felt like staff were tourists except for Joanna. Fridge frequently dripped all over food, free breakfast was sugary white bread and spreads. Limited bathroom facilities andwere required to share male and female. Bed bunks were small, lots of hitting of heads.

• 12th Sep 2015

I was a foot taller than the bed. Couldn't actually sleep for fear of kicking other roommate in the face. The great staff and friendly vibe make up for the poor accommodations though.

Really nice and helpful staff, free walking tours everyday, and most beautiful layout/sitting areas. 100% Vibe, thanks guys :)

Syrmo, the manager is really nice and really goes out of her way to make you feel welcome and is helpful. The walking tour was pretty unique. The large dorm room is really noisy if people are hanging out on near the bar at night as the dorm isn't actually a sealed room

This place has a cool hippy vibe and is in a great location. Syrmo really goes out of her way to help and make guests feel welcome! Overall a good hostel and I'd probably stay again but a few points; Can only get wifi in certain spots I stayed in the large dorm and didn't think it was worth the price especially considering the roof is partially open to the common area so very noisy at night.

It's such a amazing place!:) absolutely cosy and good vibres .Made my jouney complete with always helful,cheerful,and genuine staff. Highly reccomended. Thank you and hope to see you guys soon.

A great place with true character and great atmosphere, the only hotel on our whole trip that really felt homey. I think I you're a fussy person you shouldn't stay here, there are things that you could definitely pick at (showers, laundry service, noise, and very chill staff) if you are very particular, but to me that didn't matter at all. It gave the place character and made it unique! The staff were amazing!!! They really just felt like friends not staff, especially Bart- he is THE MAN!!!

Great atmosphere

Makuto is by far the best hostel that I've stayed at. Chilled vibes and amazing staff, could have happily stayed for way longer than I did. The layout of the hostel makes it super easy to meet other people and it seems to attract a good bunch of people.

Staying in Makuto made the Granada experience very special. Although The triple beds were extremely not convenient, I Loved the atmosphere the people and the common areas.

Wow! Best hostel experience I've had so far. And I've stayed in a lot of hostels around the globe. Makuto has the best atmosphere and the staff are all so helpful and nice. Every day they do a free walking tour to the caves on the mountain with view over the whole city. And every night the staff make a really nice dinner for only 7€(including a drink). I spent 5 nights at Makuto, and I would deffinetly stay there again. I recommend a 4 bed dorm, as the bigger ones are rather small and crowded.

U HAVE TO STAY AT THIS HOSTEL!! Great staff, great vibes I booked 3 days stayed 7!!

This is a great place, enjoyed my stay and would recommend. My only negative is that you offer terrible white wine while not allowing me to ourchase a decent one and drink it in the comfort of the gardens. Can see no logic in that at all except greed.

Makuto is the best hostel ever! I had so much fun there ALL the people are so amazing! I definetly come to Makuto again!

• 16th Aug 2015

Great atmosphere. Facilities lacking. Had to walk through the garden to get to the bathroom, triple bunks were inconvenient. Staff were very 'chill' but I found to the point it was unprofessional and unorganised. Great area with hammocks.

What a perfect little slice of heaven...! staff are great, even on their days off they will take you out to the Sierra Nevada hiking tour (highly recommended) the atmosphere is great, cheap drinks, homemade dinner available every night, it's the hippies dream! I extended my stay 2 nights as did many others staying there too, I'm in love with Makuto, will be back!

1 2 3 Next » last »