Makuto Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tiña 18, Granada, Spain

I loved the friend staff! They were always available and very helpful. They gave me a tour of the hostel, walked me to my room, gave me suggestions on what to do, told me how to get to the bus station, and were always there to answer questions (or offer tea and water).

• 2nd May 2015

This hostel is perfect. Granada is an amazing city and Makuto is the best way to experience it. Staff are super friendly, atmosphere chilled out much like the city itself. Great location in the heart of the Albazin. Loved it so much I will be back at the end of June! Lots of love from Tim from Aus!

• 28th Apr 2015

Loved the entire staff, very welcoming!

A great place with a phantastic atmosphere - perfect for relaxing. Many thx for the great evening walk to Sacremonte and the excellent cooking!

Ah Makuto... a long time ago most hostels were like this - providing the venue for amazing people to stay and share experiences. When I was looking for a hostel in Granada, there were loads offering pub crawls and wild nights out. I can manage that myself thanks! Makuto is all about communal experience - as soon as you get there you have a whole new group of friends in the staff and the other guests. Only complaint is letting guests into the dorm to ditch their bags when people are still asleep!

This was my favorite hostel that I visited in Spain! The staff were incredibly knowledgeable and gave excellent recommendations, the hostel was comfortable, clean, relaxing and friendly. My only complaints are the lukewarm showers and the very weak wifi that went in and out in my room. Still worth visiting! And I wouldn't generally recommend a hostel with a poor shower so it says a lot.

If its your first trip to Granada, then youre in for a treat for it is a magical place and the area you want to stay in is the Albaicin..The hostel location is perfect, far enough up the hill you are away from the hustle and bustle of the main town, but not so far up it kills your legs! Great staff, great facilities comfy beds and lovely ambience . A really nice place to hang out, it has a lovely relaxing social enviroment to meet other travellers. Gorgeous and homely! top marks!! thankyou!!

• 19th Apr 2015

Loved the hostel. Laidback people and good vibes. The Argentinian girl that worked there was beautiful and friendly. They cook meals every night which you can purchase and offer a bar in the outside area. They have a cool tree house and hammocks as well. Great location in the albayzin but a long walk! Its an adventure finding the place after a long night of drinking!

Room was nice and clean, the communal areas were small but nicely decorated. The kitchen was well equipped and the breakfast (toast, orange juice and hot drinks) was sufficient. My only problem was that the toilets and showers were all in one small room so it wasn't the nicest of bathrooms!

Makuto was great! The hostel had a very fun atmosphere, great for young travelers. The staff was so helpful, and definitely went above and beyond to make sure our stay in Granada was great! They offer a lot to do through the hostel and will give you good deals on different activities. The location was pretty central, and the hostel was clean! I would definitely recommend staying at Makuto!

• 17th Apr 2015

the staff was very friendly and i loved the free walking tour!

The hostel has a great atmosphere, definitely a little hippy which was cool. We only stayed for one night, but the walking tour was great (although not sure if the guy leading the tour will be working there as he mentioned he may be moving on). Good location, we walked to all the main sights. Wout, you will be missed!

I like everything in this hostel, staffs are super friendly and very helpful. They have got such a good atmosphere and common area to meet people, it's excellent for solo traveller. I like the free walking tour they offer to their customer as well. A bit of walking is necessary, but I think it's totally worth it. :)

Good vibes

What a place. Had to warm up to it, but once I did, I never wanted to leave. Special love to faustine and Lucy They Made my stay an especially good time

Considering I left 100%, there's not much to say! There are 2 things that I really enjoyed: first the atmosphere inside the hostel, a great place to chill and relax in the hot andalucian days; secondly, the location right in the middle of the Albayzin, it felt like travelling back in time to a magical era! Everything else, from staff to facilities, was perfect too. :)

I'm trying to think of a reason not to give this a 100% rating, but I can't! This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The staff is amazing, the rooms are adorable, and the facilities and atmosphere are unreal. There are 4-5 separate areas to hang out or get alone time. The hammocks and treehouse are amazing. Every night the staff cooks a delicious meal. This place definitely has a hippie vibe, but overall everyone is super friendly and awesome!

This hostel was nice, staff were friendly and helpful. location is amazing, bit of a hike to get to but can't beat the surroundings.

Best hostel I've been to by far. Great vibes and atmosphere makes everyone social. You could sit in the common area all day talking and meeting people. Highly recommend for solo travelers.

The location is great : it's near the city center, in a charming neighborhood. It feels like a village inside the town of Granada. The hostel itself is very nice. The beds are comfortable, the common area is great, with hammocks and such. The staff was super friendly, and I do recommend doing the free walking tour with them : the area we visited was really surprising. Great hostel all in all. I would definitely recommend going there.