Makuto Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle de la Tiña 18, Granada, Spain

Staying at Makuto was one of my best experiences during my travels. The staff are incredibly welcoming and friendly and the hostel has an unbelievable atmosphere. With hammocks, a treehouse, and a cozy outdoor area, I felt incredibly chilled the whole time. Everyone I met there had warm and endearing personality. The location is also one of the best. You can get great advice from the owners there about hikes near Sierra Nevada and fun spots to check out in the Albayzin area. Miss it already.

• 17th Feb 2015

I love Makuto! It is in the best location in Granada, the staff is beyond wonderful and the atmosphere was perfect. This is truly a gem of a hostel that makes you feel like a kid at sleep-away camp. The hostel itself is very funky (in a good way). It has a great kitchen with everything you need to make food, or you can eat the amazing dinners they have there for only 6euro. I will be back to this place for sure!

- Room was very small for the amount of beds and people in there - three beds on top of each other - > not enough space

Hello! Sorry that you found our 8 -10 bed dorm small :( (you booked our cheapest dorm option) Next time I would recommend you to make your reservation in a dorm with lower capacity (less people more space) so you can enjoy more room for you. A shame you did not have enough time to enjoy our big outside garden and Makuto's common areas. Happy travels.

I felt very much home at Makuto! Great location, nice decoration, friendly staff, delicious food for dinner offered for a small price, free breakfast, good walking tour, fast Wifi, plenty of little corners to escape to if you DON'T want to interact with other guests, very much values for money!

• 26th Jan 2015

Thanks for your review of Makuto Guesthouse Backpackers Hostel. We take reviews of all our hostels very seriously. I am extremely please that people are recommending us and that we are getting guests due to good word of mouth. I am very happy that you have had such a great time. Thanks again for spreading the word and all the best from all Makuto Hostel Team :)

More hostels should adopt hsving a dinner for a cheaper price in the hostel, like you guys do. Staff was friendly, and the walking tour was great!

What a great review! thank you very much we really appreciate it. We are very happy that you have had such a great time. I am glad that you found our staff very friendly and helpful. We work hard to be as friendly and competitively priced as we can with a location, in the heart of the Albaicin, that is unbeatable. I am glad you had time to enjoy some of our free activities like our daily free walking tour and our tasty dinners. Thanks again for spreading the word. All the best from Makuto :)

Great great hostel, I really loved it! So nice staff, great facilities with relaxing atmosphere and location right in the city center. People were super Friendly and extremely quick to respond requests. Nothing but good things to say!

• 19th Jan 2015

Thank you so much for your comments!. Hope you could make it on time to Algeciras to take the ferry. We will wait for you at Makuto after your trip to Morocco with a mojito ;)

Location - The hostel is in a great location in Albaicin. Staff - nice and helpful. Cleanliness - ok Rooms - regular dorms, nothing special Nice free walking tour to see the sunset around Albaicin All in all, I think its a solid hostel

Thank you for the time you have taken to write your review. All feedback is most welcome and we always take on board what our guests say about us. Makuto is a hostel with lots of character, clean, friendly and cheap, with some great features like our amazing tree house, free wifi, hammocks, chill out area and friendly staff. Glad you enjoy the amazing sunset in Makuto's daily free Walking Tour :) and our magnificent location Thanks again for your review and all the best for the future.

Too be honest it looked great when viewing on Hostel world but upon arriving that quickly changed. The majority of staff werent that friendly. When we first got there and went to our room, someone else had taken our bed and this was never resolved. Things were forgotton when asked for just not cared about, couldnt even print off anything for us. Wifi was average could only access this in the outside bar area, which in the winter is freezing. Breakfast was average in a small cramped kitchen.

We are very sorry that your experienced at Makuto was not satisfactory :( We have taken into consideration your feedback: printing services are now available for guest and we have installed a new powerful router that provides strong Wifi connection in all hostel areas (also inside the rooms and in each corner of the outside patio). We offer a basic breakfast, included in the price, but for a low price you can upgrade it with eggs, cereals and fresh fruits. Maybe next time. Happy travels

Makuto is a wonderful hostel. Right in the middle of the historic Albaicin. So, it's easy to get lost while you are looking for the hostel. But, I don't mind. That is exactly what I wanted to happen anyway. Everything about the hostel is great, except the push button showers, which I found unusual (but they work just fine!!). Special mention for the staff at Makuto. They are all amazing people, specially Syrmo. If I come back to Granada, I will go back to Makuto.

What a great review! thank you very much we really appreciate it. I am very happy that you have had such a great time. I am glad that you found our staff very friendly and helpful. We work hard to be as friendly and competitively priced as we can with a location, in the heart of the Albaicin, that is unbeatable. I hope you also had time to enjoy some of our free activities like our free walking tour, movie nights, mojito´s happy hour party, guitars, games,... Thanks again for spreading the word

Really nice atmosphere. Staff always very nice and attentive.

• 2nd Jan 2015