Malabar Reviews

No. 26-28 Lebuh Cintra, Penang, Malaysia

The recommendation of food and places to visit by the staff is very useful!

• 9th May 2015
  • Malaysia

We lived in a twin room, it's really deserve the price . Both environment and location are really nice. Especially I love the balcony so much. Furthermore thanks to the stuff guy we got many excellent ideas.

You do not need a kitchen in Penang. Plenty of food stalls are just out there, right in front of Guest House!

Just a little too noisy as the walls are thin. But it wouldn't bother you if you're a deep sleeper. Will recommend to - EVERYONE!

The security could be improved by offering a locker to visitors.

Hendrick made the stay so welcoming with tips on where to eat and how to get around to make the best of our time. would stay again and recommend to everyone

Located directly in Georgetown, good restaurants and bus stops in walking distance. Very friendly and helpful staff, let you use the computer if no own device. Great atmosphere, even the cheapest rooms look really nice. All in all really recommendable, I would choose Malabar again.

I did really enjoy my stay in Malabar Inn. They were very friendly and welcoming. I gott help always when I needed and good tips for food and other I asked for. Definitely he only budget place Im gonna use in the future in Penang.

Staff were so friendly and went out of their way to help us.

A friendly, homely guesthouse, well-located and a 10 min walk from Little India. Nice and clean with a cosy lounge area and pleasant outside terrace. Free tea and drinking water all day and beautifully decorated.

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Couple, 41+

small room. very noise at night b/c motorbikes on the street. highly friendly staff

• 16th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Wonderful staff very helpful and friendly - thank you so much.

Location is prefect and the room is clean. Btw,the owner is friendly and handsome.

The owner was very helpful and friendly. The room was basic and clean.

Wow, best welkom ever! What a hospitality! Location is very good (near chulia street). The room was very clean, only minus was that there was no window, but we knew that from the beginning. Bed was good, bathroom clean and the people who worked there were unbelieveble! Definitely will remember this place

The first room we were given had an ant problem. The covers of the bed closest to the window were covered in dead ants and quite a few live ones. To his credit, the owner provided me with two single rooms for the night instead at the same price point, which were satisfactory. Security was a concern to me. The room doors are flimsy enough that a good shoulder check could break down the door. No safety deposit box or locker for valuables. Other than that, the new rooms I was given were good.

Overall a no frills place. Facilities could be better. Example the clothes rack and the mirror was outside of the toilet, which was quite inconvenient. There were clumps of hair when we entered the room. Cleanliness can be improved.

• 14th Dec 2014