Malabar Reviews

No. 26-28 Lebuh Cintra, Penang, Malaysia

the location is near to all the main attractions. great place. just that the decorations of the room is rather boring.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

I was in a double room. The bed is huge. That's good! Pillows need to renew are thin and hard. Staff is very friendly. Very polite owner and helper they will give you all information that you need. Hostel is calm. Nice terrace. toilets very clean and shower is ok. Maybe needs to improve the breakfast with toast and free coffee as all hostels.

The recommendation of food and places to visit by the staff is very useful!

We lived in a twin room, it's really deserve the price . Both environment and location are really nice. Especially I love the balcony so much. Furthermore thanks to the stuff guy we got many excellent ideas.

You do not need a kitchen in Penang. Plenty of food stalls are just out there, right in front of Guest House!

Just a little too noisy as the walls are thin. But it wouldn't bother you if you're a deep sleeper. Will recommend to - EVERYONE!

The security could be improved by offering a locker to visitors.

Hendrick made the stay so welcoming with tips on where to eat and how to get around to make the best of our time. would stay again and recommend to everyone

Located directly in Georgetown, good restaurants and bus stops in walking distance. Very friendly and helpful staff, let you use the computer if no own device. Great atmosphere, even the cheapest rooms look really nice. All in all really recommendable, I would choose Malabar again.

I did really enjoy my stay in Malabar Inn. They were very friendly and welcoming. I gott help always when I needed and good tips for food and other I asked for. Definitely he only budget place Im gonna use in the future in Penang.

Staff were so friendly and went out of their way to help us.

A friendly, homely guesthouse, well-located and a 10 min walk from Little India. Nice and clean with a cosy lounge area and pleasant outside terrace. Free tea and drinking water all day and beautifully decorated.

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Couple, 41+

small room. very noise at night b/c motorbikes on the street. highly friendly staff

• 16th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Wonderful staff very helpful and friendly - thank you so much.