Malabar Reviews

No. 26-28 Lebuh Cintra, Penang, Malaysia

I did really enjoy my stay in Malabar Inn. They were very friendly and welcoming. I gott help always when I needed and good tips for food and other I asked for. Definitely he only budget place Im gonna use in the future in Penang.

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Finland

Staff were so friendly and went out of their way to help us.

small room. very noise at night b/c motorbikes on the street. highly friendly staff

• 16th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Wonderful staff very helpful and friendly - thank you so much.

Location is prefect and the room is clean. Btw,the owner is friendly and handsome.

The owner was very helpful and friendly. The room was basic and clean.

Wow, best welkom ever! What a hospitality! Location is very good (near chulia street). The room was very clean, only minus was that there was no window, but we knew that from the beginning. Bed was good, bathroom clean and the people who worked there were unbelieveble! Definitely will remember this place

The first room we were given had an ant problem. The covers of the bed closest to the window were covered in dead ants and quite a few live ones. To his credit, the owner provided me with two single rooms for the night instead at the same price point, which were satisfactory. Security was a concern to me. The room doors are flimsy enough that a good shoulder check could break down the door. No safety deposit box or locker for valuables. Other than that, the new rooms I was given were good.

Overall a no frills place. Facilities could be better. Example the clothes rack and the mirror was outside of the toilet, which was quite inconvenient. There were clumps of hair when we entered the room. Cleanliness can be improved.

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

i really enjoy the stay! its so near with the famous attraction Most recommended!

Nice quiet and clean hostel. Overall good. It would be better for a group of friends and family.

My friend and I stayed one night. Henrik (?) recommended a few places to eat and we went to all of them ... All the restaurants were busy and super tasty! The room was very clean!!!

Great staff! Helpful with local information. One of the members of staff always had a glass of water for us when we came in. Washrooms are clean and good A/C.

Excellent location. The owner and his hotel receptionist were super nice, helpful and keen to assist with my touring and eating plans. Small, simple and clean rooms. No need for more. Common area very small so meeting other guests is rather difficult. Good value for your money. Would stay at Malabar gain.

Very nice and helpful staff with great recommendations, perfect location to easily explore all famous sights and food locations by foot. Unfortunately the room has not been as clean as expected and no atmosphere. Good for a one or two nights stay for fair pricing

Andrik, the receptionist is a great guy. He brought us a glass of water any time and did us great favours. Also the owner himself is so nice. He told us where we can have the best food in town, where to go, what to see and told us stories of the history of the people here. Great. The hostel itself is also really nice, comfortable, silent rooms and clean shared bathrooms. We would defenitly come again, thanks!

Brilliant location. Walking distance to the heart of Georgetown and bus terminal. Very clean.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Singapore

Reasonable price with nice service

• 6th Sep 2014