8.4
Fabulous 305 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 305 Total Reviews
Maleku Hostel Located at 50 mts oeste del Hospital Nuevo Alajuela, , Alajuela.
Costa Rica
Alajuela Alajuela 50 mts oeste del Hospital Nuevo Alajuela
84% 305
10.0087697 -84.2105913
    Rooms available

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
2nd Sep 2016

Wonderful! Clean Relatively quiet Great all you can eat breakfast Good wifi Beds have curtains for privacy Absolutely wonder receptionist named Daniela. She was so kind and helpful and did everything with a smile. Also the cleaning ladies were fantastic and everything was as clean as I would keep my own home.

• Israel, Male, 18-24
30th Aug 2016

I came there right from the airport and it was a nice way to strat my trip. Alahwella is a nice twon and the Poas is really cool to so I am happy I started ther. They gave me a clean towel, there where hot water but the pressure was ok. The kitchen is great. For breakfast is banana and oj and crackers. The stuff was great! Always with a smile helping for all my questions. The guy even woke up at r 4Am to open me the door when I left.

• USA, Male, 31-40
29th Aug 2016

Close to the airport and helpful staff. When I get back to CR I will probably start my journey here again.

• England, Male, 18-24
29th Aug 2016
7.1

Great for airport transfers, not much else to it really!

• England, Female, 18-24
19th Aug 2016

Lovely staff! Nice social area. Quiet little hostel mostly used for transfers to other places I think. Showers were really hot and good! Shops etc nearby and right by airport. Clean, comfy beds and nice linen. Only issue was that it's right by a main road and you need earplugs to sleep, as soon as it's 5am buses and loud lorries are going by. Let me hang around until the evenin after i checked out because of my flight :) staff beyond helpful

6th Aug 2016

Great little hostel convenient for people just getting into Costa Rica or just about to leave! The atmosphere and common area is only so-so, but the convenience for starting and ending your trip only 5 minutes from the airport is terrific. Oh, and they give you fresh sheets and a towel, which is a nice bonus.

30th Jul 2016
6.3

It's very bland. The location is perfect for being near the airport but overall the neighborhood feels uncomfortable. The room was clean, the bed was comfy and the bathroom was clean but I wouldn't stay here again. I didn't feel comfortable leaving out rental car outside at all.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
27th Jul 2016

This hostel felt like staying at someone's house. It was a great way to end my trip before flying out the next day. It's close to the airport and provides free shuttle service, and within walking distance to a fantastic market. Julianna at the front desk was very friendly and made some great suggestions for local fare. Only downside was that it only has one dorm room so there weren't many people. Highly recommend starting or ending your trip here!

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
20th Jul 2016

The hostel is easy and fast to reach from the airport and for us it was a great start of the holidays. The staff is really helpful, the place and the room is clean and save. In addition there is a supermarket around the corner and the city center of Alajuela is only 1km away. We definitely recommend to say there!

11th Jul 2016

I really enjoyed my stay here. It was so CLEAN!!!!! I felt like I was more in someone's home that they took great care of. It was quiet and relaxing. They give you a free ride to the airport with was a great bonus! Staff is friendly and little snack in the morning were great. They offer lockers for your use because there are no locks on the doors, some may think it's insecure but I just took my valuables with me. I would definitely recommend this place!