Maleku Hostel Reviews

50 mts oeste del Hospital Nuevo Alajuela, Alajuela, Costa Rica

I arrived at night and left before the sun came up, so I can't be sure but I'm not sure the location is so great. I had dinner at a nearby restaurant (recommended by the staff) and the way there was dark, no sidewalk and no crossing in a dangerous road. The staff were nice and helpful, the place is old and doesn't look like a hostel, but relatively clean, they have wifi and a computer. Good for a short stay before an early flight - it is literally 5 minutes drive by taxi to the airport.

The hostel was clean, comfortable and I felt safe and at home straight away.

• 11th Sep 2014

It's a good hostel if you have an early flight the next day.

This is the perfect place to stay when you are flying out of San Jose Airport. They Provide a free shuttle to the airport every hour. There is a huge market just around the corner that is open till midnight and the hostel provides a free kitchen to use. They have a computer with internet that you can use and give free coffee/banana/cookies.

• 26th Aug 2014

The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The hostel is small enough to get to know and connect with other travelers. Very good location with walking distance to a big supermarket, ATM machine, a coffee shop, and the bus station. I am very satisfied with the hostel, I did stay there few times before about two years ago and that's why I am staying here again. One thing that I was not happy about this time, there was no hot water shower.

• 22nd Aug 2014

This hostel was fantastic! Getting here by bus from the airport is extremely easy, and a good way to avoid taxis. The staff was so friendly. The free airport shuttle was perfect for my early flight. They are located within walking distance of a supermarket, a mall, and a bakery. Their kitchen has everything you could ask for, and the living room is comfortable. They have good board games, and a great selection in their book exchange. They provided fresh linens, and the shower had not water.

• 3rd Aug 2014

This hostel is close to the SJO airport and provides a free shuttle rides to the airport on the hour starting at 5:00am. The room and bathroom we used here were clean and nicely maintained. There weren't lockers in the dorm style rooms, but we had a private room. The staff and other people here seemed pretty nice too.

We had a nice time at Maleku. It's nearby the airport, just a few minutes by taxi. Next to a noisy road. The staff was really friendly and helpfull!

I had a nice time at Maleku hostel but there was a lot of mosquitos. We had to buy a repellant for the room because we cant sleep otherwise. Everything else was nice! The view is beautiful and Maleku helps us make reservation for cayoning. The breakfast was included and good.

• 13th Jul 2014

Great little place, would recommend it.

friendly, helpful staff and great convenient location to airport

• 9th Jun 2014

Maleku is the perfect place for sleeping and getting to the airport. It is very conveniently located near the airport, a supermarket, gas station, and an Italian restaurant for one last nice meal. Do not come here if you want to socialize or do activities!

Its the perfect stay if you got an early flight to catch or you want to be away from the buzz of the city

We had a great stay at Hostel Maleku. There was a convenient grocery store and the staff directed us to a fabulous Italian restaurant called Andrea's. The shuttle to the airport arrived early and had no fee. The neighborhood didn't lend itself to lots of exploring, but we were really there for the airport.

• 21st May 2014

We used this hostel for our last night just to sleep for a few hours before taking their free shuttle to the airport at 5:00am. They are not a party hostel and aren't shy about that either. The staff wasn't the most friendly but was helpful. We were only there for about 8 hours to sleep so can't say much about the area. There is a super market about 3 blocks away which was nice for a late night snack after our long bus ride there. Airport is really close and was about a 5 -10 min commute.