Maleku Hostel Reviews

50 mts oeste del Hospital Nuevo Alajuela, Alajuela, Costa Rica

Good for an overnight before or after a flight out of SJO.

I really am not sure why this hostel has such great reviews. Given the 90% I was disappointing. There is nothing wrong with this place but it is a Hostel Capital H. Staff were not very helpful and quick to get me in. i felt like I was sleeping at a bus station. Bunk beds had no ladders, and beds were not made. try making your bed while you are sitting on the top bunk. Location was close to the airport but nothing else. Only place I could get food was a grocery store. Maybe I'm just too old.

PERFECT!!!!

Excellent when you arrive late in Alajuela. Location not far from the airport (you can go by public bus). Supermarket nearby open until midnight. Staff very friendly and helpfull. Bus to Arenal on the corner (don't need to go to San Jose).

This is a small, clean hostel. We had a very comfortable bed in a clean room. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and breakfast was included. The free shuttle to the airport was great and staff had coffee ready for me at 5 am. The security was the best we experienced on our trip so far. The internet connection was great. The shower was warm, which is a rarity based on our two weeks so far.

Wonderful welcome, very near the airport, great first night to get bearings if going north.

• 30th Dec 2013

Such a short stay, just a stop over before our flight, the location was great I was so clean. Staff was great. Totally good again.

Fab hostel very close to airport but still walking distance to centre of town. No where in Alajuela is particularly cheap, but this place is the best value for a double private. They offer free shuttle to the airport which we used and was on time and efficient. The staff are very friendly and happy to answer any questions you have. The hot water showers were great, and the small breakfast was plenty for us. Would stay again.

This was a really good hostel for arriving and leaving. It was relaxed and clean. Not a party hostel. The location is awesome right next to the airport. They bored a cab for us and paid for it.

Great place to stay if you have to be at the airport for an early flight. Clean, warm shower and comfortable bed.