8.4
Fabulous 297 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 297 Total Reviews
Maleku Hostel Located at 50 mts oeste del Hospital Nuevo Alajuela, , Alajuela.
Costa Rica
Alajuela Alajuela 50 mts oeste del Hospital Nuevo Alajuela
84% 297
10.0087697 -84.2105913
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
19th Aug 2016

Lovely staff! Nice social area. Quiet little hostel mostly used for transfers to other places I think. Showers were really hot and good! Shops etc nearby and right by airport. Clean, comfy beds and nice linen. Only issue was that it's right by a main road and you need earplugs to sleep, as soon as it's 5am buses and loud lorries are going by. Let me hang around until the evenin after i checked out because of my flight :) staff beyond helpful

6th Aug 2016

Great little hostel convenient for people just getting into Costa Rica or just about to leave! The atmosphere and common area is only so-so, but the convenience for starting and ending your trip only 5 minutes from the airport is terrific. Oh, and they give you fresh sheets and a towel, which is a nice bonus.

30th Jul 2016
6.3

It's very bland. The location is perfect for being near the airport but overall the neighborhood feels uncomfortable. The room was clean, the bed was comfy and the bathroom was clean but I wouldn't stay here again. I didn't feel comfortable leaving out rental car outside at all.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
27th Jul 2016

This hostel felt like staying at someone's house. It was a great way to end my trip before flying out the next day. It's close to the airport and provides free shuttle service, and within walking distance to a fantastic market. Julianna at the front desk was very friendly and made some great suggestions for local fare. Only downside was that it only has one dorm room so there weren't many people. Highly recommend starting or ending your trip here!

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
20th Jul 2016

The hostel is easy and fast to reach from the airport and for us it was a great start of the holidays. The staff is really helpful, the place and the room is clean and save. In addition there is a supermarket around the corner and the city center of Alajuela is only 1km away. We definitely recommend to say there!

11th Jul 2016

I really enjoyed my stay here. It was so CLEAN!!!!! I felt like I was more in someone's home that they took great care of. It was quiet and relaxing. They give you a free ride to the airport with was a great bonus! Staff is friendly and little snack in the morning were great. They offer lockers for your use because there are no locks on the doors, some may think it's insecure but I just took my valuables with me. I would definitely recommend this place!

28th Jun 2016
8.0

It's close to the airport, not much else to it.

4th Jun 2016

Flight was delayed, so I emailed them and let them know. Showed up at 2 AM, and Yuliana was there to receive us and show us everything we needed. Good place to stay after long flight to Costa Rica.

• Netherlands, Male, 31-40
19th May 2016
8.0

Friendly staff, had to stay a couple of nights extra due to a volcano eruption. Enjoyed my stay here

• Canada, Female, 25-30
11th May 2016
6.9

This is a good spot to stay over for the night if you are going to the airport - but the rooms are a little run down and I couldn't get any hot water out of the shower.