8.1
Fabulous 410 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 410 Total Reviews
Malone's Old Town Hostel Located at 14 Forrest Road, , Edinburgh.
Scotland
Edinburgh Midlothian EH1 2QN 14 Forrest Road
81% 410
55.9458155 -3.1910151
    Rooms available

7th Dec 2016

As with most hostels situated above a bar/pub, there are lots of stairs involved. Nice location- street is fairly quiet but a short walk to Grassmarket and all the action. 10min walk from the main rail station. Staff is great- I went on an organized pub crawl with two of the work exchange employees and it was loads of fun. Free maps offered. Will stay again- special shoutout to Jeff and Ellie!

• Colombia, Female, 25-30
24th Nov 2016

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Very close to the city centre.

14th Nov 2016

Great place to stay! Very clean, and the staff was very friendly, they offered suggestions on what to see and where to eat.

24th Oct 2016

Great Place

8th Oct 2016

My stay was great. Staff are very friendly and as soon as I was checked in the girl gave me a map, pointed out everything I would need (including a grocery store) and answered my questions about getting around. Room was clean. Kitchen was good. Definitely recommending to friends!

• Mexico, Female, 18-24
4th Oct 2016
6.6

The lockers were too small for my bag and the room stank. Like seriously all my clothes smelled like the room afterwards and that was not a nice smell to be travelliing with. Bathrooms were ok and basic breakfast was ok. I mean it's good for the price you're paying but I'm sure something can be done with that smell... Perfect location.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
7th Sep 2016
6.3

It wasn't very clean and had a bad smell, (I would suggest replacing the carpet) It didn't have a common area which meant you had to basically stay in your room. The kitchen was basic, but did the job.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
4th Sep 2016
4.0

This Hostel is disgusting! I traveled through a lot of european countries during the last few years but this hostel was definitely the worst place I have ever been to! The bathrooms and toilets were very dirty, toilet paper was only occationally available and the bedroom was nearly as disgusting as the toilet. I can definitely NOT recommend this place!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
3rd Sep 2016

It's location makes it a short walk from the main party area but also makes it quiet. The pub underneath made it easy to hang out with people and the burgers were half price. I easily made friends with the people in my room although the small kitchen made it tough to meet people from other rooms. The rooms were a good size for 10 people. I would stay here again.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
2nd Sep 2016
6.3

I stayed at Malones for 3 nights before moving on to another location. Though the staff are nice and the location is good, I found the matresses to be uncomfortable and well used. The floors needed some serious vacuuming and the washrooms weren't cleaned while I was there.