8.2
Fabulous 377 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 377 Total Reviews
Malone's Old Town Hostel Located at 14 Forrest Road, , Edinburgh.
Scotland
Edinburgh Midlothian EH1 2QN 14 Forrest Road
82% 377
55.9458155 -3.1910151
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 41+
19th Aug 2016
6.0

This was a very basic hostelry in the centre of Edinburgh above a pub. We booked last minute for the Fringe Aug19 and 20. Even given this, the accommodation was massively overpriced and bore no resemblance to its on line write up. Staff refunded our second night and we stayed at a travel lodge to be near to the airport for our return flight at a cheaper price! We wanted hostel accommodation but objected to being ripped off.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
11th Aug 2016

I had a wonderful stay, there was a small problem with my booking but the staff quickly fixed it and compensated me for my wait. They were incredibly attentive, friendly and the hostel itself was nice and clean. The location was a huge bonus too for the very affordable price I paid during the Fringe Festival! Would definitely recommend and will definitely be coming back!

8th Aug 2016

The experience that I had at Malone's - with the incredible staff, convenient location in town, and lively bar down below - was one that I'll never forget. I felt welcomed as a solo female traveler, and I'll be sure to return again soon!

• Finland, Female, 25-30
2nd Aug 2016

Good place. Clean, comfy, nice staff. I will definitely stay here when I come back to Edinburgh.

2nd Aug 2016

Absolutely loved it! Staff was super friendly and played beer pong with the guests. Great location if you want to go out at night. The place was small, but had good facilities.

• Australia, Female, 41+
30th Jul 2016

Enjoyed my stay heaps, very friendly staff, even to the older visitors.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
26th Jul 2016
7.4

Staff were super nice

• Austria, Mixed Group, 18-24
18th Jul 2016
6.3

The location was Excellent, unfortunately there are lots and lots of stairs , the staff were friendly and helpful, If you happen to go by car thee are no parking facilities near the Hostel You have to try to double park unload and then find some sort of parking somewhere. there are no laundry facilities. the Kitchen for me was not very clean . the hostel is in a older building so some maintenance issues .

• England, Male, 41+
15th Jul 2016

Great hostel to stop at, location was brilliant with subsidised bar down stairs sieving excellent food and not too far away from the main part of the city,

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
3rd Jul 2016
5.1

There was a leak in our room from the ceiling above, although the staff were aware, nothing was done about this. The bar downstairs is loud. The rooms have no ventilation and really smell after a while. And I'm pretty sure that the lockers there are for decoration. Regardless of what lock we tried, you could still open them. Definitely a Very BUDGET hostel. Wouldn't recommend.