8.0
Fabulous 392 Total Reviews
8.0
Fabulous 392 Total Reviews
Malone's Old Town Hostel Located at 14 Forrest Road, , Edinburgh.
Scotland
Edinburgh Midlothian EH1 2QN 14 Forrest Road
80% 392
55.9458155 -3.1910151
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 18-24
7th Sep 2016
6.3

It wasn't very clean and had a bad smell, (I would suggest replacing the carpet) It didn't have a common area which meant you had to basically stay in your room. The kitchen was basic, but did the job.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
4th Sep 2016
4.0

This Hostel is disgusting! I traveled through a lot of european countries during the last few years but this hostel was definitely the worst place I have ever been to! The bathrooms and toilets were very dirty, toilet paper was only occationally available and the bedroom was nearly as disgusting as the toilet. I can definitely NOT recommend this place!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
3rd Sep 2016

It's location makes it a short walk from the main party area but also makes it quiet. The pub underneath made it easy to hang out with people and the burgers were half price. I easily made friends with the people in my room although the small kitchen made it tough to meet people from other rooms. The rooms were a good size for 10 people. I would stay here again.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
2nd Sep 2016
6.3

I stayed at Malones for 3 nights before moving on to another location. Though the staff are nice and the location is good, I found the matresses to be uncomfortable and well used. The floors needed some serious vacuuming and the washrooms weren't cleaned while I was there.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
21st Aug 2016

Great place!

• England, Female, 41+
19th Aug 2016
6.0

This was a very basic hostelry in the centre of Edinburgh above a pub. We booked last minute for the Fringe Aug19 and 20. Even given this, the accommodation was massively overpriced and bore no resemblance to its on line write up. Staff refunded our second night and we stayed at a travel lodge to be near to the airport for our return flight at a cheaper price! We wanted hostel accommodation but objected to being ripped off.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
11th Aug 2016

I had a wonderful stay, there was a small problem with my booking but the staff quickly fixed it and compensated me for my wait. They were incredibly attentive, friendly and the hostel itself was nice and clean. The location was a huge bonus too for the very affordable price I paid during the Fringe Festival! Would definitely recommend and will definitely be coming back!

8th Aug 2016

The experience that I had at Malone's - with the incredible staff, convenient location in town, and lively bar down below - was one that I'll never forget. I felt welcomed as a solo female traveler, and I'll be sure to return again soon!

• Finland, Female, 25-30
2nd Aug 2016

Good place. Clean, comfy, nice staff. I will definitely stay here when I come back to Edinburgh.

2nd Aug 2016

Absolutely loved it! Staff was super friendly and played beer pong with the guests. Great location if you want to go out at night. The place was small, but had good facilities.