Malone's Old Town Hostel Reviews

14 Forrest Road, Edinburgh, Scotland

Put in elevators!

Great atmosphere, nice bathroom. Get a good deal for food in the bar below.

The location couldnt have been better! A short bus ride from the airport, walking distance from the train, and walking distance from everything else you want or need to do, see, eat, drink, etc. Being above the pub was super convenient, 50% of great meals, live music every night, and the noise didnt bother me too much, but I'm heavy sleeper... Would recommend to any student/young adult.

• 2nd Jan 2016

It was really stinky in the room,. The window isn't really practical to open. I really missed some fresh air. However, the cost-benefit Ratio was good.

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Switzerland

Directions were hard to follow. Assumed you knew where George Bridge was. Linens were yellow and blood stained (have pictures). Medal in beds were failing and caused deep sagging pockets. Worst sleep of my life.Desperately needs a common room as there is no place to socialize with other guest. Kitchen is too small to enjoy and breakfast is cold cereal and toast (acceptable for size of kitchen). Discount in pub downstairs is alright but it's only for food, no drinks or desserts.

While Malone's may not be the fanciest around, it had great staff and people who are very welcoming and friendly in a non-invasive way, and its atmosphere was so homely and safe that I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• 14th Dec 2015
  • Singapore

It's a perfect hostel where to stay. I had a good stay. Hostel gives you everything you need, even phon, hair dresser and food. Everything is free. Reception is very kind. Breakfast was huge. You pay very little for such a hostel. In addition you can have a reduction of price of 50 % both on food and drinks. Amazing place!!!

Nice little hostel located just minutes from the Royal Mile. Staff are great and the service is impeccable. The kitchen has recently been refurbished and although you have everything you need, it can be a little cramped. The beds could do with an upgrade and it is strange that I had to make my own bed, but I still had a good sleep. I would highly recommend this hostel.

Only issue with the hostel was that I arrived at 7 o clock and couldn't check in until midday. This apparently meant I also could not shower or make use of a plug socket to charge my phone until I was checked in 5 hours later

• 26th Oct 2015

Julie-Ann was a legend!

• 16th Oct 2015

It was exactly what I needed! The bar downstairs did not disturb my sleep, but I also came prepared with earplugs!

• 9th Sep 2015

So accommodating and friendly, thank you!

• 28th Aug 2015