Maltepe Pansiyon Reviews

Kemeralti Mah. 66 Sk. No: 9, Marmaris, Turkey

This was a really great place to spend the night I met some fellow backpackers and the owner set us up with a great trip to what seemed like heaven :) The beach bars and everything else are close by yet it's quiet enough at night which was nice. Very homely atmosphere and the cold apple tea was great!

• 22nd Aug 2015

I could not reccomend staying at Maltepe Pansiyon enough. I arrived to Turkey by myself after traveling with friends and being alone I was a bit nervous to what to expect. Meme made me feel at home instantly when arriving by serving me homemade apple tea which is amazing and his lovely mother and father who were all so welcoming. The location is also fabulous as you walk 50 meters down the street and you have the beach, shops, cafes and restaurants. I would stay here again, Meme is a lovely host

• 21st Aug 2015

Maltepe Pansiyon is a family owned enterprise. You are welcomed with a home made apple tea. The place is clean, but fulfills only the basic needs. So if you are for comfort, you should stay somewhere else. The location is perfect - very close to the beach. There is no breakfast, but shops are in the neighbourhood and there is a small equipped kitchen you can use. The owner is very friendly and hospitable, he gave us lots of useful tips about where to eat and chill. Great atmosphere among guests!

Place is run by a very helpful and friendly man. Location is good. However our room did not have air conditioning which made it almost impossible to stay in the room during the day in the hot summer weather.

Great location. Very enjoyable stay.

• 3rd Aug 2015

The hostel was clean and the staff were so friendly. I was welcomed with an apple tea and help with my luggage on arrival. However, the rooms were so small and there was no air conditioning making it so stuffy and hard to sleep. The bathrooms had no curtains meaning the floors were flooded when anyone had a shower. One of the bathrooms also only had cold water for the showers. No lifts meaning you have to carry all your luggage up a few flights of stairs. Hard place to meet fellow travellers.

You don't often get to meet such great people like Memo and his family. They really treat you like one of their own! We were treated to delicious apple tea our whole stay and also some rather strong homemade wine. Highly recommend the scooter hire and day trip he recommends - he'll help to design an itinerary which includes some of the best beaches, an incredible waterfall and the best driving along coastal roads. He also helped us organise bus tickets. It's also in a great location!

I had the most wonderful time here. Memo and all his family were extremely welcoming and made me feel a part of their family. The hostel is very close the the marina and the bars yet it was very quiet and peaceful at all times. I noticed someone complained that they were asked to bring back alcohol from Rhodes and I just wanted to say, from living in Turkey, that this is a very usual way of Turkish culture, as everyone treats one another as family and it's normal to do favours for one another.

• 6th Jul 2015

Our stay here was great! We were here for 3 nights- had a 3 bed room with our own bathroom. We were greeted by name as we walked in the garden, he had already been expecting us. The family that runs it is wonderful, so friendly and helpful. Made great suggestions for beaches to go check out. This hostel is about 5-10 minute walk from the bazaar and bar street, and dock side restaurants. Wish we had arranged to stay longer!

• 6th Jul 2015

A family-owned hostel that makes you feel good. Wonderful people all the time are there without being intrusive as in many other places. We would warmly recommend Maltepe Pension - Tony & Lnnea

the location is good, not too far from the beach . the staff is very kind. he sent me to the Port by his motorbike .

This lovely family pension is definitely worth to recommend. The owner are very helpful with everything and have great tipps (and connections) for going out, shopping etc. The location is very central, just a few minutes from the beach and even less to the city centre and supermarkets. Best backpacker adresse in town!

Very helpful and friendly staff, clean and great location.

I couldn't rate this place more highly! Great location, a 5 minute walk from town and the beach.The highlight of our stay was the family who run the hostel. They are so welcoming and helpful and instantly made us feel at home. They went out of their way to make our stay a great one, particularly on our last day. Checkout was at 11am however our bus wasn't until 6pm so they not only looked after our bags but let us shower and use another room for as long as we needed. Absolutely recommend!!

The owner and everyone else at the pension are amazingly helpful and inviting. I must've been offered 5 cups of apple tea in 2 days. The rooms could use an updating, but they are clean and comfortable. The location is great and was very close to a great motorcycle rental shop that I used to travel around Bozburun peninsula. Would definitely recommend!

Spent one night at the hostel and the family who run the place were very lovely and accommodating. When the shuttle bus that was picking me up to take me to the airport wasn't going to arrive till 1145pm they were more than happy for me to wait at the hostel and use the amenities while I waited and not pay for an extra night. Very homely feel to the place. Great location, only a few minutes to the beach.

Our stay here had everything we were looking for, the family running the place were incredibly friendly and made us feel like family. Memo helped us out with everything, and wrote out a route for us on a map to see the whole peninsular with no tourists, taking us through some amazing places and ultimately leading to our best day in Turkey. I highly recommend Maltepe Pansiyon as a place to stay in Marmaris, and thank them for making us feel so welcome

Provided that you are comfortable with budget accommodation this hostel is excellent value for money. The Wifi works really well in the common areas and in some of the rooms. There is a nice common outdoor sitting area with a roof of grape vines and leaves. The hosts treat you like one of their family. I really enjoyed my stay there.

The owner was so nice, he made me apple tea on arrival and was really helpful about what to do in marmaris and ferry schedules. The room was nice and comfy with spare blankets, good wifi, and an ensuite.

This hostel is owned by some of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting! Each morning and night you are greeted by delicious homemade apple tea! The staff are kind and the location is perfect: 5 minutes to the beach and 10 minutes to the Old Town! Would definitely stay here again