Mama Brasil Hostel Reviews

Rua Itapeva, 88, Sao Paulo, Brazil

This was a great little hostel to stay at. The area is very safe and very central. The staff went above and beyond to help me out. I was a difficult customer, arriving late, wanting less nights then I had booked, and needed 2kg's worth of clothes cleaned in one day, followed by an airport transfer at 5am the next day. The staff were great, they had my clothes back to me in one day, they allowed me stay less nights, and they even upgraded me to a better room. Highly recommend

• 21st Oct 2015

Lovely place about a 10 minutes walk from Paulista Avenue. We stayed here before our flight out of São Paulo. Staff were great and helped out with anything you needed from places to go, airport transfers or printing. 2 buildings, one for dorms and one for privates. Breakfast is good. Good cooking facilities. Showers were hot. Struggled to shut window on the room. Wifi was good, we could watch a film without it buffering! All in all a good place! Thanks.

Excellent staff. Cleanliness on bathrooms could improve. Renting adapters for cell phones shouldn't be a business, I think. Never saw one hostel which rented them. Hostels usually lend them and we, travellers, appreciate it. The hostel was well-located and the staff was always willing to help. Thank you for that.

• 9th Oct 2015
  • Mexico

Cleaning staff could be nicer...

Great location, spacious room, very friendly and helpful staff. The wifi works good and the signal was strong inside the room.

The staff really make this hostel :)

This hostel is very small so expect crampt rooms. There isn't much space to put back packs and if you want to get into your locker under your bed you will have to move a few bags. Each bed has it's own plug though and shelf which is great. The kitchen is nice and the hostel is clean. It's not too far from paulista but it is a very steep walk with backpacks! The showers are warm and clean. There isn't really a common area to hang out which is a shame the outside area is ok but can get cold.

Good place, great location, excellent staff! Rooms a little too small, tho. Lockers are under the beds and not enough space to open then easily without disturbing other people. Loved staying there, would do it again.

Good place to stay near the adventurous area of Augusta Avenida.

Ok, Sao Paulo its pretty much built on a hill, but the hostel is on a big one. When you are trying to come back from the hostel to Paulista with your things on your back it could be not that great. The lockers on the room that I stayed were under the bed, but the room was too small for them. I dont know, just saying.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Chile

This is a HOSTEL hostel, where you can talk to the employees about life's biggest questions until three in the morning, compare notes with the breathtakingly-diverse crowd of people who pass through (more backpackers making the rounds through South America than couples and youth groups on vacation, nothing against the latter two), and otherwise make enough conections to make you at least slightly permanently homesick. Everything a hostel should be and nothing more, nothing less. Saudades!

The staff are really friendly and helpful. On my first day, the receptionist went through the map with me showing me the best places to go in the city. The breakfast is nice too and the kitchen is a good feature.

Please keep in mind that this is a hostel. The place is clean and open. The room that I stayed in had broken window panes so they used pillow shams to cover certain parts, which isn't too bad since it's hot in Brazil. The toilet is next to the shower with no separation so water will go everywhere and the sink is located outdoors. The location is great though! It's really close to the metro and Paulista Ave is alive night or day.